- » Salad Vegetable
Salad Vegetable Recipes
Salad vegetable is an edible plant, used in salads to be eaten raw and tossed, with or without a salad dressing. This typically includes the stems, leaves, and roots of a plant. The vegetables include lettuce, green ... More »
Sweet Cucumber Salad
A great salad for a summer day? Here is the recipe for a cucumber salad with onions. The recipe calls for a great dairy-free dressing that is sweet and healthy! Watch the recipe for some great tips. Simple and ready in minutes, this is a great recipe to try... - 123.605
Endive Salad Boats
1. Separate the endive leaves, rinse and gently pat dry endive leaves, trim the edges.
2. Segment the orange into supreme pieces, reserve the core.
3. Shave or crush the almonds in a bowl.
4. Place one segment into each endive... - 121.227
Watercress And Redleaf Lettuces With Oranges, Red Onions And Fennel
1) In a plastic bag put watercress and lettuces.
2) Chill in refrigerator before packing in a cooler.
3) With a knife cut the ends of oranges.
4) Keeping the oranges upright peel and skin the oranges.
5) Halve lengthwise and then cut into thin... - 49.545
1. Wash endive, spinach, mushrooms and cherry tomatoes to free them from any dirt.
2. Remove stems from spinach leaves.
3. Slice mushroom into five slices, right through the stem.
4. Peel avocado; cut in six slices and brush with lemon... - 47.3715
La Coupole Salad
1) Trim the root end of the endive.
2) Separate the leaves, rinse well, and pat dry.
3) Cut lengthwise into thin slivers and place in a large bowl.
4) Rinse the mache and shake dry.
5) Add the mache to the endive along with the... - 46.4075
Endive A La Mornay
1) Remove any wilted leaves of endives and wash them in cold water.
2) In a large skillet, over low heat, heat 1/4 cup (60 ml) of butter and allow water, lemon juice, seasonings and endives to simmer in it for 15 minutes.
3) In the... - 46.3738
Christmas Relish Tree
1. Wash and separate endive and remove tough ends of each leaf.
2. To assemble tree secure base ends of endive leaves to cone with florist picks.
3. Begin at the bottom and continue to work around and upward, until cone is completely covered with... - 45.6213
Beet, Endive And Watercress Salad
In 6-cup (1.5 L) casserole, combine beets with water; cover and microwave at High for 10 to 12 minutes or until tender.
Drain and let cool.
Slip off skins and slice.
Remove Belgian endive leaves and arrange around outside of salad bowl or platter.
Mound... - 42.8813
Help Yourself Vegetable Platter
1) Remove the green leaves from the cauliflower and leave rest of the head of the cauliflower as it is.
2) Take a large saucepan,boil water with salt,cook the whole cauliflower for about 10 minutes with lid until crisply tender.
3) Remove the... - 42.7425
1) Remove any wilted leaves of endives and wash them.
2) In a large skillet, over low heat, heat butter and allow water, lemon juice, salt and pepper and endives to simmer in it for 15 minutes.
3) Take a small sauce pan and bring ham,... - 41.4926
Christmas Relish Tree
1) Take the endives and remove tough ends from each leaf.
2) Start forming the tree by attaching leaves to the bottom of cone using florist picks. Move upward, completely covering cone with endive.
3) Attach vegetables on the cone using wooden picks,... - 40.8623
Whiting In Cress Sauce
1) Take a casserole dish and cook watercress with butter for 3 minutes on power.
2) Blend the watercress and add cream, salt, and pepper.
3) Cook for another 2 minutes on power and keep aside.
4) Take a serving dish and arrange whiting fillets.
5)... - 39.7117
Delta Queen Pinwheels
1)Chop onions in a food processor.
2)Add in chives and cream cheese. Blend well.
3)Now add watercress and blend to make a smooth paste.
4)Season with pepper.
5)Slice off the crusts of bread.
6)Flatten the bread with the rolling pin. Spoon 2 tablespoons... - 38.5964
1 Peel the leaves from core of endive.
2 Thoroughly wash the leaves.
3 Pat dry with paper towels.
4 In a plastic food storage bag, place the leaves and refrigerate.
5 In a bowl, combine cream cheese, blue cheese, and... - 38.1029
1) In 8x8x2-inch baking dish, arrange the endive halves, cut side facing down.
2) On this, add the water and salt.
3) With a vented plastic wrap, cover and on high power, microwave for 4 minutes.
4) Let the mixture stand for a minute.
5) Then, drain... - 37.4848
Arugula Watercress And Endive Salad
Combine arugula, watercress, and endive in a large bowl; toss gently.
Cover and chill.
Combine vinegar and next 4 ingredients in a jar.
Cover tightly, and shake vigorously; chill thoroughly.
Pour vinegar mixture over arugula mixture, and toss gently.
Place 1... - 37.3483
Health And Fiber Rich Tangy Endive
1) In a saucepan, heat oil. Add in the onions and fry till they become soft and golden brown.
2) Separate the endives. Add into the saucepan with the orange peel, salt and pepper.
3) Cover well. Cook for about 20 minutes, while tossing the endives... - 36.9533
Easy Cooked Escarole
1 Remove the stems from escarole and discard.
2 Thoroughly wash the leaves, and tear into large pieces.
3 In a large saucepan, put the escarole leaves without adding water.
4 Cook, covered over medium heat for 5 minutes or until wilted.
5 ... - 36.6301
Chicory Sauteed In Olive Oil And Garlic
1) Thoroughly wash and dry the chicory.
2) Take a large skillet and heat oil in it.
3) Add the garlic and cook for 1-2 minutes, making sure not to burn it.
4) Add the chicory and sautÃ© until it turns tender and wilts.
5) Season with... - 36.3514
Belgian Endive, Orange And Watercress Salad
Combine the lemon juice, salt and pepper to taste, mustard, sugar and a few drops of Tabasco in a bowl.
Add the oil a little at a time, beating constantly, until the dressing is smooth.
In a large salad bowl, put the orange slices, endive and watercress.
Pour... - 35.9802
Watercress, Celeriac, And Chicory Salad
Prepare the vegetables and combine them in a salad bowl.
Mix together the parsley, onion, cornichons, capers, and garlic with the mustard, lemon juice, and vinegar.
Add the oil, season to taste, and mix well.
Pour the dressing over the vegetables and toss... - 34.9439
Jellied Watercress Consomme
Pour consomme into bowl; stir in water.
Measure 1/4 cup mixture into small saucepan.
Sprinkle gelatin on mixture to soften.
Stir over low heat until dissolved.
Add to mixture in bowl with lemon juice.
Force cress through food chopper, using finest blade.
Add... - 34.805
Chicory Sauteed In Olive Oil And Garlic
1. Wash and thoroughly dry the chicory.
2. In a large skillet heat the oil until hot but not smoking. Add the garlic and cook for 1 to 2 minutes. Do not let it burn.
3. Add the chicory and saute until wilted and tender. Season with salt and pepper. Serve hot... - 31.1745
Juice all the ingredients together.
Serve over ice garnished with celery sticks, if liked. - 30.7357
Heat a skillet.
Add the oil and endive.
Saute until transparent.
Add the water.
Cover and simmer 5 minutes.
Add the tamari and simmer uncovered until all the liquid is absorbed. - 29.4185
Salad Vegetable Saute
1. Heat vegetable oil or peanut oil in a large frying pan. Stir in celery and green beans; saute, stirring constantly, 2 to 3 minutes, or just until shiny-moist.
2. Add cabbage and spinach; toss lightly to mix well. Sprinkle with salt and pepper; pour in... - 28.6137
Grape Arugula Endive And Roquefort Salad
In a small bowl whisk together the vinegar and the mustard and add salt and pepper to taste.
Add the oil in a stream, whisking, and whisk the dressing until it is emulsified.
Divide the arugula among 4 salad plates, top it with the endive and the watercress,... - 26.4769
In a frying pan, melt butter.
Cook endives and onions 3 minutes or so.
Add pastis and nutmeg.
Season with salt and pepper, mixing well.
Continue cooking until liquid has evaporated. - 24.4509
In small bowl, combine mayonnaise and sour cream; spoon about 1/2 tsp (2 mL) onto each endive leaf.
Top each with shrimp and dill sprig. - 23.3814
Easy Cooked Escarole
Remove and discard stems from escarole; wash leaves thoroughly, and tear into large pieces.
Place escarole leaves in a large saucepan (do not add water); cover and cook over medium heat 5 minutes or until wilted.
Heat oil in a medium skillet; add... - 22.7964
1 Spread bread smoothly with butter or margarine; cut off crusts; halve each slice diagonally; roll up.
2 Place, rolled side down and close together, in shallow pan lined with wax paper; cover with foil, or with wax paper and a damp clean towel; chill.
3 Wash... - 18.8181
Salad Vegetable Recipes By Category
Salad Vegetable Ingredient: