- » Saffron Cake
Saffron Cake Recipes
Enjoy our collection of saffron cake recipes submitted, reviewed and rated by ifood.tv community. Meet people who are looking for saffron cake recipes.
Classic Cornish Saffron Cake
The cornish saffron cake is a dessert cake prepared with raisins, currants and almonds. Colored and flavored with spanish saffron, the cornish saffron cake is an egg free recipe made with butter, milk and sugar. Yeast leavened, the cornish saffron cake is... - 46.644
Cornish Fruited Saffron Bread
1) In a small bowl, dip saffron in brandy for 10 to 15 minutes.
2) Strain and keep aside.
3) Mix yeast in water. Let stand for sometime then stir to dissolve. The water used should be warm (105°F to 115°F.) for dry yeast and lukewarm (80°F to... - 45.9341
Cornish Saffron Cake
Place the saffron and warm water in a small bowl and leave overnight.
Blend yeast with 2 oz.(1/2 cup) of the flour, 1 teaspoon sugar and the milk.
Leave in a warm place for 30 minutes until frothy.
Strain the saffron strands, reserving the liquor.
Sift... - 44.1345
Cornish Saffron Bread
Add the rising [sponge first mixture] and knead together gently until the dough works clean from the hands and the sides of the pan.
Set in a very warm place until it doubles in bulk again, before baking for 1 hour in oven at 350 degrees.
This recipe makes... - 25.1835
You May Also Like!
Golden Saffron Cake
1 Preheat the oven to 375°Fahrenheit.
2 Grease two 8-inch cake pans and dust with flour.
3 In a bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
3 Mix in the finely crushed saffron.
4 Add in eggs, one at a time, beating... - 45.036
Saffron Coffee Cake
Soften yeast in potato water, add 1 cup flour and warm water.
Cut saffron into small pieces, steep in boiling water for 2 hours.
Strain and add the saffron liquid and lemon extract to sponge.
Cut shortening into remaining flour, add remaining... - 43.9824
Saffron Cake Bread
Put the saffron in the hot water, cover and leave to stand in a warm place overnight.
Prepare the yeast liquid: mix the compressed yeast with the warm milk and water or dissolve 1 teaspoon sugar in the warm liquid and sprinkle in the dry yeast.
Leave to stand... - 43.3615
Orange And Saffron Syrup Cake
1. Heat oven to 180C / 160C fan / gas 4. Oil the base of a 23cm ring tin. (If you don't have a ring tin, use a 20cm round tin instead.) Put the ground hazelnuts in a frying pan and toast over a medium heat, stirring frequently until evenly browned. Leave nuts... - 39.8823
Saffron Coffee Ring
1) Preheat oven to 450° F.
2) Take a large bowl and cream margarine with sugar in it.
3) Add raisins, 1 egg and milk. Mix well.
4) Dissolve saffron in 1 tablespoon hot water and stir into the egg mixture.
5) Add baking powder and flour.... - 45.6969
Heat the milk to boiling, then cool to lukewarm.
Dissolve the yeast in the milk.
Add one half cup of the flour and one tea spoon sugar.
Cover and let rise one hour in a warm place, until the sponge doubles in bulk.
Cream the butter with the remaining cup of... - 47.076
Honey Saffron Winter Fruit Cake
1. Heat oven to 160C/140C fan/gas 3. Lightly butter a round, deep 20cm cake tin, then cut out two discs of baking parchment, using the outside of the tin as a template. Measure circumference of the tin, then cut two lengths of baking paper to match it, about... - 38.034
Heat milk, add butter to melt and cool to lukewarm.
Dissolve saffron and yeast in 1 teaspoon milk.
Add to milk with the sugar blend in beaten eggs.
Stir in flour until sticky and knead in rest of flour along with raisins.
Keep kneading until smooth, firm and... - 40.7648
Cornish-fruited Saffron Bread
Soak saffron in brandy for 15 minutes.
Strain; dis- card saffron.
Dissolve yeast in 1/4 cup lukewarm water; mix 1 beaten egg, butter and milk.
Sift dry ingredients together.
Add raisins, currants and can- died fruits; mix well.
Add yeast, butter mixture and... - 44.9779
Saffron Cake Recipes By Category