- » Russian Borscht
Russian Borscht Recipes
Enjoy our collection of russian borscht recipes submitted, reviewed and rated by ifood.tv community. Meet people who are looking for russian borscht recipes.
1) In a non-stick pan, heat oil and brown the beef.
2) Transfer the meat in a slow cooker.
3) Pour off the excess fat from the pan.
4) In the same non-stick pan, pour in ½ cup of water and boil, stirring continuously to scrape the... - 47.3205
1) Cover beef in salted water and let it simmer for 1-1/2 hours.
2) In a large saucepan, simmer beets, carrots, onion, tomato puree, turnips, sugar, butter, and vinegar and keep it covered for 15 minutes.
3) Stir in cabbage and cook... - 45.1495
This beetroot based Russian Borsch soup is an appetizer and a filling meal as well. You can serve it with French bread. - 42.8486
1.If the carrots and beets are grated, then add them and all other ingredients in a large soup kettle
2.Simmer for 1 1/2 hours
3.Taste and adjust seasoning
4 Serve borscht with yoghurt or sour crem and add scallions for garnish - 42.5385
Wash and peel beetroot, wash again and grate it.
Add 1 tablespoon butter and one cup water to grated beetroot and boil till it is just cooked.
Add vinegar, tomato puree and tomato ketchup.
Melt remaining butter in a pan and fry onion, cabbage, potatoes and... - 42.0447
1. Simmer the beef, covered, in salted water until tender, or about one and one-half hours.
2. Meanwhile, in a large saucepan simmer the beets, carrots, turnips, onion, tomato puree, vinegar, sugar and butter, covered, fifteen minutes. Stir frequently. Add... - 36.0668
1. In large saucepan cook combining beets, carrots, onion and 2 2/3 cups boiling salted water covered for 20 minutes.
2. Cook uncovered adding broth, water, cabbage and butter for 15 minutes and stir in lemon juice.
3. Serve hot or chilled... - 35.6668
Green Cabbage Russian Borscht
LAYER ingredients in slow cooker in the following order: cabbage, beets, carrots, parsnip, onion, garlic, beef, tomatoes with juice, broth, lemon juice, sugar and pepper.
Cover and cook on LOW 7 to 9 hours or until vegetables are crisp-tender.
Season with... - 35.1169
1. Combine carrots, 1 cup of the beets, turnip, onion, water, vinegar, salt and sugar in a kettle.
2. Bring to boiling; reduce heat, cover; simmer 20 minutes. Add Basic Beet Stock, beef and cabbage. Simmer 10 to 15 minutes, or until all vegetables are... - 33.3504
Old Russian Borscht
Blend consomme with beets, sour cream, salt and pepper to taste.
Serve sprinkled with chives. - 30.1574
Process the beets, cream of chicken soup, and garlic with the metal blade until smooth.
Combine with the consomme herbs, and reserved beet liquid in a 1 1/2 quart container.
Serve cold, garnished with a spoonful of sour cream. - 27.0115
Russian Tomato Borscht
In a large saucepan, heat 2 tablespoons of stock and saute the onions for 5 minutes.
Add the tomato juice and the rest of the stock and bring to a boil.
Then turn down heat and simmer for 30 minutes.
Add cabbage, carrots, spinach, and tamari and cook 15... - 26.6217
How To Cook Russian Beef Borscht In Stoneware Ramekins
Web chef, Kimberly Edwards shares with you How to Cook Russian Beef Borscht Stoneware Ramekins!
This was a peasants' dish, now more mainstream as somewhat of a classic delicacy. That being said, you used what you had when it came to cooking. I would... - 0
Russian Borscht Recipes By Category