- » Root Vegetable
Root Vegetable Recipes
Enjoy our collection of root vegetable recipes submitted, reviewed and rated by ifood.tv community. Meet people who are looking for root vegetable recipes.
Classic Homemade Italian Dressing
Bored of mac and ranch dressing? Give a new lease of life to your salad greens with homemade Italian dressing that can be whisked at home in a snap and tastes far superior to the store-bought dressing. A heady mix of eight pungent herbs, this is one dressing... - 129.514
Rustic Pesto Potato Salad
Want to recreate the same pesto flavor in your salad? This rustic pesto potato salad includes all pesto ingredients, so you get the similar flavor. It can be an ideal side dish with grilled chicken or salmon. Without the egg, it is a perfect salad for the... - 122.57
Easy Mashed Parsnips
If you are wondering which side dish to serve with today’s meal, try this Easy Mashed Parsnips recipe! This makes for an excellent side dish as it is very simple and easy to cook. Watch this video for more details. - 117.987
Baked Red Potatoes With Dill, Chive And Bacon
This variation of baked red potato is completely different from the ones, which you had till today. It's much spicy, much flavorful and much delicate. However, the preparation is almost the same, only you add few special flavor enhancers like dill, chive and... - 116.333
Stir Fry Taro Root
Who said that only the Maouri people eat Taro? Well, here is an excellent Indian dish that uses Taro as its main ingredient. The aroma of the carom seeds make this dish extra fabulous! Enjoy making this awesome dish from this video! - 114.366
Healthy Italian Dressing & Soy Capuccino
This is for Italian food lovers! If your enjoy Italian dressing and soy capuccino, but wondered how to make it in home kitchen will find your way out with Maria. She helps you make the perfect Italian dish in your home just as you would have loved it. - 106.142
Pesto Potato Salad With Fresh Greens
Is your meal incomplete without a scrumptious salad? This video is a must watch for you. The chef shares her secret recipe to prepare Pesto Potato Salad with Fresh Greens. The salad is high on both nutrition and taste. Don’t miss out on this one. - 99.2067
Parsnip And Pear Mash
Are you looking for a substitute to normal mashed potatoes or sweet potatoes? Then here is a great video that would surely impress you. Take a look and see how to make an incredible and easy raw parsnip and pear mash. This fantastic recipe is worth trying! - 98.9977
Have you tried this Classic Balsamic Dressing yet? If not then you are missing out on a lot. Watch this video now and learn to prepare this fabulous dressing that can turn around the way your salads taste. - 97.6865
Irish Curried Parsnips
Want to try a great parsnips recipe for a side dish? Here's a wonderful Irish Curried Parsnips recipe that is totally drool worthy. This video is a step by step demo of this recipe that can be easily replicated at home. - 78.8845
Healthy Parsnip Roast
Do parsnips feature in your list of favorite food? Watch Chef Gavan churn out a simple and tasty Parsnip Roast recipe that makes for a great appetizer. This video is a detailed description of the process, watch it now. - 78.7606
Roasted Red Skinned Potatoes
Have a delicious side of oven roasted red skinned potatoes. It’s a side dish that goes well with any main meal! See the chef make this easy roasted aromatic potato! - 76.4764
Roasted Root Vegetables
1. Cut the parsnips into approx. 8cm lengths, then each piece on half lengthways and then in half once again.
2. Remove any tough core from the middle of the parsnips such that there are finger-shaped parsnips about 8cm in length.
3. Pre-heat... - 75.471
1) Slice off the tops and bottoms of the oranges and remove the skin.
2) Cut out the segments, removing the zest and the membranes.
3) In 4 dessert glasses, divide the segments euqally and chill.
4) Preheat the oven to... - 48.2242
Layered Mint And Coffee Chocolate Syllabub
Blanch the mint in boiling water for about 20 seconds, no more.
Drain and immediately plunge into a sink or large bowl filled with very cold water.
Drain and lightly squeeze out excess water then pick off the leaves and discard the stems.
Whizz the mint with... - 47.9429
Stuffed Red Beets
1) Keep a cheese cloth or a coffee filter over a strainer.
2) Place it over a bowl.
3) Fill yogurt into it and allow to drain for 30 minutes.
4) Pour it in a medium bowl.
5) Add celery, almonds, oil, lemon juice, garlic, and thyme.
6) With a melon... - 47.8276
1.Preheat the oven to gas mark 4, 180 degrees.
2.In a large saucepan, heat oil and fry onions in it for 4-5 minutes.
3.Stir in celery and cook for 2-3 minutes.
4.Add buckwheat and fry by stirring for 3 minutes so that it is slightly... - 47.6838
1. Cut parsnips in 1/2 inch cubes.
2. Preheat oven to 400Â° F.
3. In a pot of boiling water, cook parsnips until tender.
4. In a skillet, sautÃ© onion in 2 tablespoons butter till golden.
5. Add salt, pepper, sugar and cornstarch.
6.... - 46.6743
Pot Roast With Root Vegetables
Trim fat from roast.
Coat a Dutch oven with cooking spray; place over medium-high heat until hot.
Add meat, and cook until browned on all sides; sprinkle with garlic, salt, and pepper.
Pour broth over meat; bring to a boil.
Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 1... - 46.4267
Sliced Potatoes Au Gratin
Put the sliced potatoes and onion in the pressure cooker without the trivet and pour on the milk and water.
Add the garlic and seasoning.
Put on the lid and bring to high (15 lb) pressure.
Cook for 5 minutes.
Reduce pressure quickly.
Using a draining spoon,... - 46.3914
When done, peel and cut into inch cubes.
Sprinkle parsley and green onions over potatoes.
Make sauce from remaining ingredients and pour over potatoes.
Let stand all day if possible.
At least 4 hours.
Stir every hour.
Serves about... - 46.3152
Pesto Potato Salad
Coarsely chop tomatoes.
Combine tomato and hot water in a small bowl; let stand 10 minutes.
Drain and set aside.
Cut potatoes into 1-inch cubes.
Cook potato in boiling water to cover 15 to 17 minutes or until tender.
Let cool slightly.
Coat a large nonstick... - 46.2194
Roasted Root Vegetables
In a Dutch oven or large kettle, bring 6 cups water to a boil.
Add the pearl onions; boil lor 3 minutes.
Drain and rinse with cold water; peel.
In a large roasting pan, combine the onions, potatoes, rutabaga, parsnips and carrots.
Drizzle with butter and... - 46.1646
Pear, Parsnip, And Potato Pancakes
1. Start by preheating the oven to 375° F
2. In a food process fine grating blade, start grating the potato and parsnips
3 .In a colander, put the grated potato and parsnips, now rinse water for about 3 minutes, until the excess starch... - 46.0203
Stir Fried Parsnips
1) Take water and boil them.
2) Add parsnips in the boiling water and make them tender.
3) Drain the parsnips and keep aside.
4) Take a pan and heat oil.
5) Add ginger and garlic and cook for 30 seconds.
6) Add the pre-cooked parsnips... - 45.5536
Parsnips And Pomegranates
Parsnips And Pomegranates! My mouth is already watering, isn't yours? I love the unique flavors of this Parsnips And Pomegranates dish. They are definitely worth trying! - 45.1926
Very thinly pare the rind from the lemons and the orange, taking care not to remove any of the white pith.
Squeeze the juice from the fruit and strain it.
Put the rinds and juice into a mixing bowl, then pour in the champagne and Grand Marnier.
Add the sugar... - 45.1757
1. Let 1/2 cup water boil with sugar and 6 slices of fresh ginger until it has reduced to about 1/4 cup and slightly thickened.
2. Strain and let it cool.
3. Combine this syrup (or use ginger wine) with the lemon zest.
4. Let them cool... - 44.9447
Venison Pot Roast With Root Vegetables And Parsnip Whipped Potatoes
1. Start by preparing the pot roast, preheat the oven to 350° F
2. In a pot, cook the bacon over medium heat, once cooked then drain the bacon on the paper towels
3. In a dutch oven, heat the olive oil over medium high heat, also brown... - 44.7631
Root Vegetable Medley
Place potatoes and rutabaga in a large saucepan; cover with water.
Add salt if desired.
Bring to a boil.
Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 8 minutes.
Add remaining vegetables; return to a boil.
Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10 minutes or until vegetables... - 44.7035
1. Preheat your oven to 190C/fan 170C/gas 5
2. In a pan, warm the orange juice and add sugar and let it dissolve
3. Cut rhubarb into portions as big as one's thumb and add it to the orange juice alongw with zest, star anise and cardamom... - 44.5666
Italian Potato Salad
Place potatoes in a saucepan; cover with water.
Bring to a boil and cook until tender; drain and cool.
Peel and cube potatoes; place in a large bowl.
Add dressing and toss to coat.
Cover and chill for 2 hours.
Add eggs, celery, onion, cucumber and green... - 44.5001
Guava And Mandarin Syllabub
1) Take out guavas from the can and drain them.
2) Chop the guavas roughly.
3) Also drin the mandarin oranges from can and put 18 segments... - 44.2028
1. In a large bowl, blend together a cup of sugar, cider, lemon rind and juice, corn syrup and the bitters and mix till the sugar dissolves; chill till frosty cold
2. In a small bowl, beat egg whites till foamy, add the remaining quarter cup sugar into... - 43.9939
Italian Potato Salad
Wash the potatoes and boil 20 minutes tightly covered in 1/2 cup water and 1/2 teaspoon salt.
Wash and cut the stems off the zucchini and cut into 1/2-inch cubes.
Peel the garlic and press through a garlic press.
Wash the thyme, pluck the leaves and mix with... - 43.6842
Italian Potato Salad
Here I am, leaking out my family's italian potato salad recipe only for you. If it is an impressive side dish that you require, then this dish is the answer. I thought of simply yummy, what are the words that come to your mind instantly on tasting this... - 43.6055
Italian Potato Salad
Place potatoes, water, and salt in 4-quart microproof casserole.
Cover with casserole lid and cook on HI, 4 minutes.
Cover and cook on HI, 7 to 8 minutes, or until potatoes are tender.
Pour Italian dressing over potatoes and toss... - 43.4795
Pineapple Tapioca Cream
Blend milk with hot water and heat in top of double boiler.
Add tapioca and salt.
Cook 15 minutes.
Stir small amount into slightly beaten egg yolks.
Then combine with remaining tapioca mixture.
Add pineapple and lemon juice.
Cook for 2 minutes longer.
Remove... - 43.3334
Italian Beef And Potato Casserole
Cook ground chuck, onion, and garlic in a large skillet over medium heat until meat is browned, stirring to crumble meat; drain.
Add spaghetti sauce, water, basil, oregano, and pepper, stirring well.
Spoon one third of meat mixture into a lightly greased 13 x... - 42.8727
Artichoke And Apple Italian Dressing
1) In a blender or food processor, puree all ingredients until smooth.
2) Keep in refrigerator for 15 minutes to allow chilling.
3) Use as required.
Store any remaining dressing in refrigerator in a covered container for future use. - 42.7916
Italian Pork Patties With Potato Wedges
1. Preheat oven to 200C/180C fan/gas 6
2. In a large roasting tin, toss the potato wedges with one tablespoon oil and lemon juice.
3. Spread out the seasoned potatoes on the roasting tin and bake for 35-45 minutes till golden brown and... - 42.6822
Pare, wash and slice the parsnips, peel and slice the potatoes, if to be added.
Place in a microwave-safe dish the parsnips, potatoes, green onions or onion, water or chicken broth.
Microwave at HIGH 7 to 8 minutes, stirring once.
Drain, reserving the... - 42.6036
Red Potatoes With Basil Dressing
1) For making the basil dressing, take broth, lemon juice, oil, garlic, pine nuts, basil, pepper and parsley in a container of a food processor. Blend them well.
2) Put the dressing to a bowl and cover it. Keep the dressing in the refrigerator.
3)... - 42.5451
White Grape And Ginger Syllabub
Arrange one quarter of the grapes on the bottom of a medium sized serving bowl.
Cover with one quarter of the ginger biscuit [cookie] crumbs.
Continue making layers in this way until the grapes and the ginger crumbs are used up.
Place the beaten... - 42.47
Grilled Red Potato Hash
1 Coat the grill with cooking spray and preheat for 5 minutes.
2 Place the chicken on the grill, and cook for 5-7 minutes until cooked.
3 Finely chop the grilled chicken and set aside.
4 Clean the potatoes and chop into small cubes... - 42.4626
Cook in boiling, salted water until tender.
Drain; cut each in half lengthwise, or slice in founds, if parsnips are large.
Arrange half the parsnips in bottom of greased 1-1/2 quart baking dish.
Dot with half the butter, sprinkle with half the... - 42.4127
1. Wash parsnips, peel and cut into quarters.
2. In a saucepan, boil parsnips in salt water until tender.
3. Drain well and using a fork mash the boiled parsnips.
4. In a bowl, whip mashed parsnips with in nutmeg and lemon... - 42.4114
Coleslaw With Italian Dressing
1) Chop off the coarse outer leaves of the cabbage.
2) Remove the central core and finely shredd the cabbage.
3) Take a serving bowl, put the chopped cabbage leaves.
4) Take a screw top jar, put all the ingredients along with crushed... - 42.3119
Ginger Fruit Boats
Cut pineapple into quarters, lengthwise through crown.
Remove fruit with serrated fruit knife, leaving 1/2-inch shell.
Cut fruit into small chunks.
Place in medium mixing bowl.
Stir in cherries and apricots.
In 2-cup measure,... - 42.248
White Chocolate Syllabub
1. In a large bowl, mix the cream, mascarpone, orange zest, melted chocolate and juice together.
2. Use two serving glasses to pour the mixture into.
3. In a large dry frying pan, heat the sugar and caramelize it. This forms the basis of the orange... - 42.0735
1. Wash the beetroots well and place in a large saucepan of cold salted water. Bring to the boil, cover and cook for 1 1/2-2 hours, depending on the size.
2. Drain, leave to get cold then rub off the skins and trim off the top and base.
3. Slice the beetroots... - 41.9024
1) Use a potato peeler to thinly peel the lemon.
2) Into a small bowl, squeeze out the juice and add just enough brandy to make 5 tablespoons of the mixture.
3) Add the peeled lemon rind to the mixture and allow it to stand for a minimum of 6... - 41.8747
Parsnips A L'espagnole
Wash and peel parsnips as for Parsnips Nature.
Cut into sticks.
Place in a microwave-safe dish.
Add the water.
Microwave 6 to 8 minutes at HIGH, stirring after 5 minutes of cooking.
Check doneness with the point of a knife.
When done, remove... - 41.7484
Red Potatoes Stuffed With Cheese
Preheat the oven to 350°.
Scrub the potatoes and pat dry.
Using a fork, prick the potatoes.
Bake about 45 minutes or until tender.
Cut the potatoes lengthwise into quarters (you will have a total of 40 wedges).
Scoop out the pulp with a small spoon, leaving... - 41.717
Italian Salad Dressing
1.Ina slow cooker, put sausage, beans, bell pepper, jalapefio chilies, onions and tomato and put the lid on.
2.Let the ingredients cook on LOW for 51/2 hours to 6 hours.
3.Cook rice in a pan by following the package directions.
4.Serve rice... - 41.6638
Italian Potato Salad
Heat 1 inch salted water (1/2 teaspoon salt to 1 cup water) to boiling.
Cover and heat to boiling; reduce heat.
Simmer until tender, 30 to 35 minutes; drain and cool.
Cut potatoes lengthwise into halves; cut crosswise into Winch slices.
Drain... - 41.6041
Country Pork With Parsnips
Preheat the oven to 400°.
Melt the butter in a roasting pan, place the pork in it and roast for 1 hour.
Meanwhile, peel and chop the onions.
Peel and slice the parsnips.
Remove the roasting pan from the oven and arrange the onions and parsnips around the... - 41.5112
Italian Potato Puff
1. Preheat the oven at (350°).
2. In a small skillet saute green pepper and onion in 2 tablespoons of the butter or margarine until soft.
3. In a medium-size bowl, stir into mashed potatoes.
4. Grease a 6-cup round baking dish evenly... - 41.3205
Red Wine Italian Dressing
Mix the vinegar and red wine together, and leave for 1 hour.
Finely chop the garlic, then pound in a mortar with a pestle.
Add the salt, capers and mustard seed and pound to a paste.
Remove the cores, pith and seeds from the peppers and cut into very thin... - 41.2353
Shrimp And Red Potato Snacks
1. Preheat oven to 400°F
2. Prepare a cookie sheet by covering it with foil or by covering it with parchment paper
3. Lightly spray the cookie sheet with cooking spray.
4. Cut the potato into four ¼ inch slices and then trim off the... - 41.1986
Frisee With Red Beets
COMBINE THE BEETS, vinegar, mint, shallots, and sugar with a pinch each of salt and pepper in a bowl and toss to mix well.
Set aside for 1 hour, or cover and refrigerate for up to 1 day.
FOR THE VINAIGRETTE, combine the oils, vinegar, shallots, mustard, and... - 41.1761
1) Wash and dry the parsnips.
2) Pare them; cut into quarters, lengthwise and further cut quarters into 3-inch pieces.
3) In a medium saucepan, place the parsnip.
4) Add boiling water to measure 1 inch.
5)Cover the pan and simmer for 20... - 41.1303
Hot Italian Dressng
1) Take a jar and fill it with cold water.
2) Soak the gelatin in it until it softens .
3) Add boiling water to it and dissolve the gelatin completely.
4) Add rest of the ingredients and shake properly to mix.
5) Take an airtight jar and transfer the... - 41.017
Parsnips Orange Flavored
1. In a slow cooker or crock pot, place the parsnips.
2. Season them with salt.
3. Pour over water.
4. Cover the pot with its lid
5. Cook the parsnips on HIGH for about 3 hours or if you are not in a hurry, cook on LOW for about 6 hours, until... - 40.9411
Parsnip And Pear Latkes
Parsnip And Pear Latkes is a unique amd delcious dish! I serve it burger quiet often at home. Why donâ€™t you serve the Parsnip And Pear Latkes for your family this weekend. Then you will understand why my family loves it! - 40.9018
1) Peel the parsnips, cut out the hard centers, and slice into thin pieces.
2) In a pan boil salted water and add the parsnips.
3) Let it simmer for 20 minutes or until parsnips are tender.
4) Drain and keep aside.
5) Rub the parsnips... - 40.8329
Grilled Red Potato Hash
Grilled Red Potato Hash are tasty and addictive! I serve this often for formal dinner parties at home. This superb Grilled Red Potato Hash recipe has never failed me. Try it for yourself! - 40.6837
1) Wash the parsnips and cut them into 1 1/2 inches long.
2) Then slice each parsnips through core into lengthwise slices about 1/2 inch thick.
3) Boil the water and cook the parsnips for 10 minutes.
4) Take a pan and melt butter into... - 40.6131
1) Reserve 1-3 raspberries per serving to one side.
2) Crush the remaining raspberries a little.
3) Now place them in a bowl with all the other ingredients, leaving the cream. (If you have no Amontillado, and use dry sherry or dry white... - 40.6099
Toasted Parsnips is a delicious side dish that makes for a great accompaniment for your roast beef! I prepared this Toasted Parsnips with meat just last month for a friend and his family! They loved it! The Toasted Parsnips is simply too tasty to miss out.... - 40.5075
Planter's Punch Syllabub
Mix together 2 tablespoons rum, the sugar, 1 tablespoon citrus juice and grated rind and leave in a cool place (but not a refrigerator) overnight.
An hour or so before the meal, slice the mangoes and place in the bottom of attractive glasses.
Sprinkle them... - 40.4726
Rosemary Parsnip Casserole
Peel parsnips; cook in boiling salted water until tender (about 30 minutes).
Drain and cut each in half, lengthwise.
Arrange half the parsnips in bottom of a greased baking dish (about 2 quarts).
Dot with butter, sprinkle with half the rosemary, flour, and... - 40.4551
Lotus Roots Stuffed With Nuts And Paneer
Cut the lotus roots into 3" pieces. Wash thoroughly after scraping off the brown skin and drain in a sieve.
Slit the pieces gently, vertically from one side, till half-way through the roots.
Mix the paneer and fine salt with ground nuts and fill into the... - 40.3456
Garlic Stuffed Red Potatoes
1 Throughly clean the potatoes and peel.
2 Cut each into 1/4th inch thick slices.
3 Lightly coat the grill with the cooking spray and preheat for 5 minutes.
4 Create a pocket in each potato slice, using the tip of a sharp knife.
5 ... - 40.1943
Parsnips With Pineapple
1. Take a 1 ½ -1 quart casserole, add butter, parsnips, and ¼ cup of water. Stir well and cover.
2. Microwave at HIGH for about 5-7 minutes, until the vegetables turn crispy and soft. Keep aside.
3. Take 1 quart measure casserole and add cornstarch... - 40.1685
1. Boil potatoes for twnety minutes or more till tender and add celelraic after five minutes
2. Drain the water and press through a potato ricer back into the pan; you could also mash the potatoes in a dry pan
3. In a saucepan, melt about 140gms of... - 39.8635
Italian Sausage Rice & Cereal Dressing
1. Heat a 2-quart Dutch oven or skillet, over moderate heat.
2. Add the sausage meat onion and celery.
3. Cover and cook, stirring frequently, until sausage has lightly browned and onion is soft.
4. Increase heat to moderate and add rice. SautÃ©... - 39.7975
Hot Deviled Red Potatoes
1. Bake in the preheated oven at 350°.
2. In a saucepan cook potatoes in boiling salted water 20 minutes until tender, drain well and mash.
3. In a bowl combine potatoes and next 5 ingredients, mixing well.
4. Lightly grease a 1-quart... - 39.7028
Remove rind from bacon, cut bacon into small pieces.
Fry until crisp, drain, set aside.
Peel parsnips, cut into small pieces; put into saucepan with milk.
Simmer, covered, until parsnips are tender and liquid is almost absorbed; mash.
Add butter, chopped... - 39.4509
Herbed Baby Potatoes
Preheat oven to 350Â° F.
In a 2-quart casserole, toss potatoes in oil to coat each piece.
Add remaining ingredients, except parsley for garnish.
Toss to coat evenly.
Bake 30 to 40 minutes, or until lightly browned.
Garnish with parsley. - 39.3718
Steamed Red Potatoes
Place potatoes in a large bowl and cover with water.
Let potatoes soak while you seed and coarsely chop the green peppers, then peel and coarsely chop the onions.
Remove potatoes from water and scrub.
Do not peel.
Cut potatoes into 1/16-inch (thin)... - 39.2825
Parsnips And Sesame Seeds
1) Peel parsnips and cut along the length.
2) Set your oven at 350 F/180 C and heat oil.
3) Add parsnips and fry in heated oil until they turn golden in color.
4) Stir in sesame seeds and pour soy sauce and butter into the pan.
5) Cook... - 39.2175
This is a recipe made with cassava which is high in carbohydrate and it has low saturated fat, Cholesterol, and Sodium. High in Vitamin C and Manganese. It tastes great with tomato sauce. - 39.0852
Scalloped Red Skin Potatoes
Preheat oven to 350°F.
Scrub potatoes under running water with soft vegetable brush; rinse well.
Cut potatoes into 1/4 inch slices.
Place slices on waxed paper and sprinkle with flour, tossing gently to coat.
Grease 9-inch round baking dish with 1 tablespoon... - 39.0678
Baked Glazed Parsnips
1) Wash the parsnips and scrape them.
2) Cut the parsnips into 3-4 inch lengths.
30 Take a 8-inch square baking pan and melt butter into it at 375 degrees.
4) Take out the pan and add brown sugar, salt and lemon peel.
5) Put the... - 39.0352
Mashed Potatoes With Parsnips
Put the potatoes and parsnips into a large saucepan and add water to cover.
Add the 1 tablespoon salt, cover partially and bring to a boil over high heat.
Reduce the heat to medium-low and boil gently until tender when pierced with a fork, 20-25... - 39.0191
Chargrilled Lamb With Mint Pesto And Creamy Potatoes
1. Preheat oven to 180°C/350°F/Gas 4. Season lamb with salt and freshly ground pepper to taste and set aside.
2. Lightly grease an ovenproof dish with butter and arrange the potato slices in overlapping rows in the dish, seasoning between each layer with... - 39.0009
1. In a large saucepan, cover parsnips with water.
2. Place pan on a medium flame and bring water to a boil.
3. Cover pan with a lid and simmer the parsnips for 30-35 minutes until fork tender.
4. Drain into a colander and allow cooling until easy to... - 38.9166
Red Potato And Bacon Salad
Boil the potatoes in their skins until tender.
Slice and keep warm.
In a large skillet heat the bacon fat and saute the minced vegetables until translucent.
Peel the eggs and dice them finely.
Add the eggs to the potatoes.
Add the vinegar, oil, sugar, minced... - 38.8472
Red Jelly Tapioca Cream
Make the jelly to just less than 1/2 pt., inclusive of sherry (if used) and preserves, and add these when jelly is cool.
Pour into a wet border mould and leave to set.
Cut thin strips of lemon rind without white pith; infuse in the milk with the bay... - 38.7945
1. Boil potatoes and peel them.
2. Cut tomatoes into small pieces.
3. Saute the tomatoes and make paste.
4. Add garlic and ginger paste.
5. Add red-chilly powder or green-chilli paste.
6. Put Salt to taste.
7. Add boiled potatoes.
8. Simmer for 5 minutes.
9.... - 38.7117
Rosy Italian Dressing
1 In a small saucepan, add tomato juice, cornstarch, and onion salt.
2 Cook ,stirring, over moderate heat and bring the mixture to a boil.
3 Cook until slightly thickened.
4 Remove from the heat.
5 Allow to cool.
6 Pour into a small jar.
7 ... - 38.6732
A Syllabub From Kent
1. In a small, clean, moisture and grease free glass bowl, whisk the egg whites using a wire whisk or electric hand beater. Beat the egg whites till they are stiff and then add the sugar and beat again till it makes soft peaks.
2. Add the lemon juice... - 38.5302
Puree Of Potatoes And Parsnips
Place the potatoes and parsnips in a large saucepan and add enough water to cover.
Bring to a boil, then reduce the heat.
Cover and simmer for 20 to 25 minutes or the vegetables are very tender.
Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, combine the milk, margarine,... - 38.5001
Parsnips With Pears
Wash and peel parsnips.
Slice into 1/4-inch slices.
Combine oils in a saucepan.
Stir in the parsnips.
Add enough water to cover bottom of pan.
Cover and steam until parsnips are nearly done and water is absorbed.
Peel, core, and slice the pear.
Sprinkle with... - 38.3656
Reduced Fat Italian Dressing
1) In a bowl add the first five ingredients.
2) Whisk thoroughly to mix well.
3) Add oil and the chicken broth. Whisk again
4) Use the dressing for any salad of your choice. - 38.365
Root Vegetable Recipes By Category
Root Vegetable Ingredient: