- » Roasted Rutabaga
Roasted Rutabaga Recipes
Enjoy our collection of roasted rutabaga recipes submitted, reviewed and rated by ifood.tv community. Meet people who are looking for roasted rutabaga recipes.
Beef Stew With Rutabaga
In 2-qt casserole mix cornstarch, salt and pepper.
Add meat, tossing to coat.
Stir in remaining ingredients; cover.
Microwave at High 10 minutes.
Reduce power to 50% (Medium).
Microwave 40 to 53 minutes, or until meat is tender, stirring 3 or 4... - 43.6847
Cooked Frozen Pot Roast
1. In 5-quart casserole or bowl, combine orange juice, salt, pepper, thyme leaves, and orange peel. Add frozen chuck roast, turning to coat with orange-juice mixture. Place 2-inch-wide strip of foil over top edge of each end of meat to prevent overcooking;... - 37.4082
Wegmans Honey Roasted Root Vegetables
This is a nice change from the standard boiled, steam or microwaved veggie dishes. Easy to make, does not take a lot of time and perfect to accompany holiday roasts. The honey-butter drizzle gives just the right amount of sweetness without overpowering the... - 134.901
Roasted Root Vegetables
In a Dutch oven or large kettle, bring 6 cups water to a boil.
Add the pearl onions; boil lor 3 minutes.
Drain and rinse with cold water; peel.
In a large roasting pan, combine the onions, potatoes, rutabaga, parsnips and carrots.
Drizzle with butter and... - 46.1646
Italian Pork Pot Roast With Vegetables
1. Preheat oven to 350 degree.
2. In a large bowl, place pork piece, and sprinkle cayenne pepper, and ground black pepper on it. Coat well.
3. In a bowl, combine celery, onion, tomato sauce, vegetable broth, and lemon juice. Mix.
4. In a... - 102.529
Roasted Vegetable Soup
I love soup. I love winter and cold weather. Since it’s been pretty chilly here (although not yesterday… it was 80F… where I grew up, it was 70 degrees colder. I’m sorry.), I’ve been making lots of soups. This makes me happy. Last week some friends... - 0
Roasted Sesame Vegetables
1. Peel turnips, rutabagas, and parsnips and cut into 1/2-inch chunks. Peel onions and cut into 1-inch chunks.
2. In a 10- by 15-inch pan, combine turnips, rutabagas, parsnips, onions, and carrots. Add 2 tablespoons oil and stir to coat vegetables.
3. Bake in... - 28.5638
Old Fashioned Braised Roast Pork
In a cooking pot, heat oil.
Sear roast pork all over.
Season with salt and pepper.
Add onions, garlic and apple juice.
Over low heat, cook 2 1/2-3 hours or until meat is tender.
Transfer roast to a serving dish.
To cooking juices, add... - 41.4742
Roasted Root Veggies
Toss all of the ingredients in a large bowl; transfer to a 15-in.x 10-in.x 1-in.baking pan that has been coated with nonstick cooking spray.
Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 1 to 1-1/2 hours or until vegetables are tender, stirring frequently. - 28.4172
Pot Roast With Vegetables
1 Trim off large fat edges from roast.
2 Slash remaining fat edges of roast at 1-inch intervals.
3 Cut in 4 serving pieces.
4 Pierce pieces deeply all over on both sides with a large fork.
5 Place in a deep 3-quart casserole with lid;... - 41.9465
Venison Pot Roast With Root Vegetables And Parsnip Whipped Potatoes
1. Start by preparing the pot roast, preheat the oven to 350° F
2. In a pot, cook the bacon over medium heat, once cooked then drain the bacon on the paper towels
3. In a dutch oven, heat the olive oil over medium high heat, also brown... - 44.7631
Pot Roast With Herb Dumplings
1) Preheat the oven to 325°F.
2) Trim off the excess fat from beef.
3) Season the beef with salt and pepper and dredge with flour.
4) Pot Roast : In a heavy ovenproof casserole, heat the vegetable oil over a medium heat, sear the... - 43.9583
Simmered Pork Butt With Winter Vegetables
Put pork in large heavy kettle.
Add water to almost cover.
Bring to boil, skim and add next 3 ingredients.
Cover and simmer 3 1/2 hours.
Cool, then chill overnight in broth.
Next day, remove all fat from broth and reserve for later use.
Heat and strain... - 43.7424
Root Vegetable Gratin
Use a mandoline to cut the vegetables into thin slices; they will turn tender when baked with chicken broth and a little cream.
Picture Credit: John Kernick
Recipe By: Melissa Rubel Jacobson
Pairing Notes: Lightly sweet root vegetables go great with fruity... - 26.1972
Classic New England Boiled Dinner
1 Slash fat edges of roast at 1-inch intervals.
2 Score fat on top and bottom of roast.
3 Place roast, fat-side down, in a floured roasting bag set in a deep 4-quart casserole.
4 Choose the size roasting bag and baking dish that allows the... - 40.4556
Braised Pork With Chestnuts
Sprinkle the meat with the salt and pepper.
Place it in a large heavy kettle, fat side down.
Add 1/2 cup [125 ml.] of water and place over medium heat.
Cover and cook for 15 minutes.
Uncover the meat and continue cooking until all of the liquid has evaporated... - 40.176
Maple Glazed Root Vegetables
1. Preheat the'oven to 400°. Divide the rutabagas, turnips and carrots between 2 large rimmed baking sheets. Drizzle 1 tablespoon of the oil over each sheet of vegetables and toss well to coat. Spread the root vegetables out in an even layer and season with... - 28.5782
New England Boiled Dinner
In large heavy pan, brown meat in shortening; pour off fat.
Add soup, horseradish, bay leaf, and garlic.
Cover; cook over low heat 2 hours.
Add carrots and rutabagas.
Cook 30 minutes.
Add potatoes; place cabbage on top.
Cook 30 minutes more... - 41.7538
Bean And Cabbage Hot Pot Ouillade
(1) In a large kettle, combine all ingredients except the boiled beans and liquid.
(2) Place the covered pan over a medium flame and bring to a boil
(3) Reduce heat and simmer for 25-30 minutes until potatoes and rutabaga are tender cooked.
(4) Drain... - 41.1342
Boiled Dinner With Mustard Sauce
Trim fat from beef roast and corned beef.
Place both meat pieces in a Dutch oven; add juices and spices clinging to corned beef from package.
Add enough water to cover meat.
Add 1 teaspoon of the whole black peppers and one of the bay leaves.
Bring to... - 43.5839
Mashed Potato Soup
The “comfort food” appeal of mash potatoes and the home-style simplicity of parsnips, rutabaga and kale make this delicious soup a Fall and Winter favorite. Serve it with whole grain bread for a cozy lunch or supper - 122.706
Herbed Chicken With Vegetables
Combine all vegetables in steamer basket or colander and steam over boiling water 5 minutes.
Refresh under cold running water, let drain and set aside.
Sprinkling bird with shallots, tarragon, summer savory and marjoram.
Roast 20 minutes.
Arrange steamed... - 44.7149
Old Fashioned Beef Stew
In a Dutch oven over medium-high heat, brown meat in oil.
Add onion, water, seasoned salt, pepper and salt; bring to a boil.
Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 2 hours.
Add vegetables; cover and simmer for 30 minutes or until meat and vegetables are... - 41.354
Place the brisket in the oven roasting bag in 12 x 7 1/2 x 2-inch baking dish.
Add water, salt, pepper, and vegetables.
Tie bag closed with string.
Puncture bag 2 or 3 times with tines of large fork.
Cook at MEDIUM (5) for 1 hour.
Turn bag over and give dish... - 43.121
Heat oil in a large Dutch oven until hot; add lamb, browning on all sides.
Add onion, celery, carrot, and garlic; saute 5 minutes.
Add wine, and cook 3 minutes, stirring frequently.
Add potato and next 5 ingredients; bring to a boil.
Reduce heat to medium;... - 39.796
Fresh-ham Hocks, Country Style
1. Preheat oven to 350F.
2. Wash ham hocks and dry with paper towels.
3. Take a 15-by-10-by-2-inch roasting pan and arrange the ham hocks.
4. Pour cider and vinegar over ham hocks, cover pan with foil and bake 1-1/2 hours, basting... - 42.5217
Harold's Pig & Roots
Have your market trim pork of fat, then bone, roll, and tie the meat, saving the bones (or do this yourself).
Place meat in a 5- to 6-quart ovenproof pan on medium-high heat.
Turning often, cook until meat is well browned all over, about 10 minutes.
Add... - 40.0599
Root Vegetable Cakes
1. Bring a large saucepan of salted water to a boil over high heat. Add the celery root, parsnip, rutabaga and kohlrabi; blanch until almost tender, 2 to 3 minutes. Using a slotted spoon, transfer the vegetables to a colander and refresh under cold running... - 42.5216