- » Rhubarb
Rhubarb is a vegetable that has crisp, pink to crimson red colored stalks with hints of green, similar to celery. These stalks have a strong tart taste, because of which they are generally used in pies and other ... More »
Strawberry-rhubarb Crisp Dessert
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degree.
2. In a large baking dish combine rhubarb, strawberries, maple syrup, cornstarch, ginger, and salt. Mix well to coat evenly.
3. For crisp, in another bowl, put granola cereals, almonds, and butter. Mix... - 122.868
Light Rhubarb Crepes
To make the crepes
1. In a large bowl, beat together eggs and honey.
2. Beat in skim milk and water.
3. Sift together whole wheat pastry flour, unbleached white flour, and baking powder.
4. Stir into egg mixture just until blended.
5. Stir in... - 47.1523
Ricky's Upside Downers
Let rhubarb stand in sugar an hour or overnight.
Simmer gently with orange peel, 1/4 cup margarine, ginger, and lemon juice until thick.
Sift dry ingredients together.
Cut in 1/4 cup margarine and then quickly mix in yogurt to make a soft dough.
Turn out on... - 46.4343
Cool Rhubarb Dessert
In a small bowl, combine the flour, butter and walnuts.
Press into an ungreased 13-in.x 9-in.x 2-in.baking dish.
Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until lightly browned.
Cool on a wire rack.
In a large saucepan, combine the sugar, cornstarch, water and... - 45.4677
1) Preheat the oven to 350° F.
2) In a mixing bowl, mix the cracker crumbs, walnuts, sugar, cinnamon and margarine together.
3) In a 9-inch pie pan, press the mixture and bake in the preheated oven for about 6 minutes, until light... - 44.8777
1) Preheat the oven to 375° F.
2) In a bowl, sift all the dry ingredients together, except the whole wheat flour.
3) In a deep mixing bowl, mix the whole wheat flour with the dry sifted ingredients.
4) In a bowl, beat the milk, egg,... - 44.6223
1) Preheat the oven to 350°F.
2) In a buttered 1-quart casserole, spread 1/2 the rhubarb and drizzle 1/2 the wine over the rhubarb.
3) In a bowl, mix all the other ingredients together and sprinkle 1/2 the crumb mixture over... - 44.5008
1. Slice rhubarb into 1 inch pieces.
2. In a pot of hot water, add sugar, salt and rhubarb; cook until rhubarb is tender.
3. Add jello and stir to dissolve.
4. When the jello is dissolved completely, add cold water.
5. Into... - 43.9144
1) Brush a 8-inch square pan with butter; keep aside.
2) In a bowl, mix the cracker crumbs and walnuts together; keep aside.
3) In a small saucepan, add the margarine, egg yolk, brown sugar, vanilla, ginger and rhubarb sauce together.
4)... - 43.4919
Rosy Rhubarb Swirls
1. Preheat the oven to hot, 425°F, 220°c, gas mark 7.
2. Grease a 8x8x2 inches baking pan.
1. In a saucepan add 1 cup sugar, cranberry juice and water, and boil for 1 minute.
2. Place half of the rhubarb in the greased pan.
3. Combine... - 43.4556
"Mix 1 1/4 cups sugar and cornstarch together, add rhubarb and 1/3 cup water.
Bring to a full rolling boil quickly, stirring constantly.
Pour into 10 x 6 x 2-inch baking dish.
Sift flour, baking powder and salt together.
Add butter to 1/4 cup hot water,... - 43.2933
Refreshing Rhubarb Dessert
Microwave margarine uncovered in round baking dish, 8 x 1 1/2 inches, until melted, 30 seconds to 1 minute.
Stir in rolled oats, flour, brown sugar and cinnamon.
Microwave un covered 1 minute; stir.
Microwave uncovered until well coated, 1 to 1 1/2... - 43.0018
Tangy Rhubarb Fool
Line a strainer with four layers of cheesecloth; place over a bowl.
Add yogurt to strainer; cover yogurt with the edges of the cheesecloth.
Refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight.
In a large saucepan, combine the rhubarb, 1/2 cup sugar, water, vinegar and salt;... - 42.427
Redstone Rhubarb Crispy
1) Preheat oven to temperature of 350 degrees.
2) Use cooking spray to coat an 8-inch square baking pan.
3) In the prepared baking dish, place the rhubarb.
4) Combine together the brown sugar, flour, oats and cinnamon in a small bowl.
5)... - 42.3128
Preheat the oven to 375°F (190°C).
Butter a medium-sized souffle or deep baking dish.
Put the rhubarb, orange rind and sugar into the baking dish and mix well.
To make the crumble, mix the flour and cinnamon in a bowl.
Work in the butter and mix in the... - 41.7644
Rhubarb And Ginger Conserve
The rhubarb and ginger conserve is a sweet and spicy conserve prepared with rhubarb and glace ginger. Cooked with added carrots and lemon juice and rind for flavor, the rhubarb and ginger conserve is sweetened with sugar. - 41.0619
Quick And Simple Rhubarb Fool
1) Into a saucepan, add in the rhubarb with 4 tablespoons of honey.
2) Let the mixture come to a boil. Cover the pan and let simmer for 5 minutes or till the rhubarb cooks completely.
3) Sieve the mixture or liquidize it. Let cool down.
4) Next, add in... - 39.6159
Cut rhubarb in small pieces, put in bottom of a 9 x 13 inch pan.
Put sugar over rhubarb.
Sprinkle the jello over the sugar and add the marshmallows.
Cream the sugar and Crisco; add egg and beat well.
Add the milk, flour and baking powder; drizzle this over... - 39.3232
Passover Rhubarb Cobbler
In a shallow 1 1/2- to 2-quart baking dish, mix 1 1/4 cups sugar and tapioca.
Add rhubarb, raspberries, and lemon juice; mix gently but thoroughly.
Let stand 15 minutes to 1 hour to soften tapioca; mix several times.
Meanwhile, in a food processor or a bowl,... - 38.4176
Stewed Rhubarb And Strawberries
1. In a 3 quart slow-cooker or crock pot, combine rhubarb, salt, sugar, and water.
2. Cover the pot tightly with its lid.
3. Stew the rhubarb on LOW for about 4 to 4 1/2 hours until they are soft.
4. Add the strawberries to the pot, 30 minutes... - 37.9726
In a saucepan, combine rhubarb, sugar and boiling water; cook until tender.
Dissolve gelatin in cold water; add to rhubarb and stir until dissolved.
Pour into an oiled 8-cup ring mold and refrigerate until firm.
Unmold and fill center with fresh... - 37.6598
Glorified Rhubi Conserve
Mix together rhubarb, raisins, sugar, orange, lemon, and ginger root.
Let stand at least 1 hour, stirring occasionally.
Bring rhubarb mixture to a boil.
Add berries and bring to a boil again; simmer for 25 minutes.
Add nuts the last 5 minutes.
Seal with... - 37.3639
Place the 1/4 cup butter in a 1-quart souffle or deep baking dish.
Set in a 425° oven until butter is melted and bubbly.
Meanwhile, in a blender or food processor, whirl eggs, flour, and salt until smooth.
Add milk; whirl until smooth.
Pour batter into... - 36.9632
Have cream thoroughly chilled.
Place rhubarb and water in saucepan, cover and cook over moderate heat.
As soon as juice flows, add sugar and cook until rhubarb is tender but not mushy.
Remove from heat.
Add salt and marshmallows which have been cut into... - 36.9374
Last Minute Rhubarb Dessert
Combine all ingredients except rhubarb and water in large mixer bowl.
Mix at low speed of mixer until well blended.
Spread in well-greased 9-inch square pan.
Add rhubarb to boiling water in saucepan.
Return to boiling point over high heat, separating fruit... - 36.5824
Combine rhubarb, 2 cups sugar and cherries, mixing well.
Pour into a well-buttered 9" x 13" pan.
Beat eggs; add cornstarch and sour cream, beating thoroughly.
Pour over the fruit.
Cut butter into flour and sugar until mixture resembles crumbs.
Sprinkle on... - 35.3197
Rhubarb And Ginger
1. In a saucepan melt the butter.
2. Remove off and discard the green ends of the rhubarb and cut into bite-sized pieces.
3. Stirring in the ginger and sugar with the melted butter, put in the rhubarb pieces and stir.
4. Squeeze the juice... - 35.0951
Rhubarb And Ginger Crumble
Arrange the rhubarb and apple in a well-greased ovenproof dish.
Sprinkle over the ginger, sugar and crystallized ginger.
To make the topping, mix the flour and sugar together.
Rub in the butter until the mixture resembles fine breadcrumbs.
Stir in the... - 34.7138
1) In a bowl, dissolve the jello in the boiling water.
2) Stir in the rhubarb, lemon juice and sherry, blend well.
3) In the individual molds, pour the mixture and refrigerate until firm.
4) Unmold on individual serving plates, top with a... - 34.4527
Rhubarb Diamonds Are A Girl’s Best Friend
Use the same bowl for the crust and the filling with this recipe, rather than making multiple dishes for washing. This is also a crazy adaptable recipe. Substitute berries or any other fruit that is in season for the rhubarb, or even ½ cup of freshly... - 34.4066
1. Cut rhubarb into 1 inch length.
2. In a blender, puree rhubarb with water and measure; should be 3 cups of pulp.
3. In a large saucepan, boil rhubarb pulp.
4. Stir in sugar and cook with constant stirring until mixture is thick like... - 34.2435
1. In a small size slow-cooker or crock pot, combine rhubarb, sugar, cloves and lemon peel. STir to mix well.
2. Cover the pot tightly with its lid.
3. Stew the rhubarb on HIGH for about 2 hours or if you are not in a hurry then on LOW for about 4... - 33.5714
Saucy Rhubarb And Strawberries
In a small saucepan combine sugar and orange juice.
Bring to boiling; add fresh or frozen rhubarb.
Return to boiling; reduce heat.
Cover and simmer for 5 to 7 minutes or till rhubarb is nearly tender.
Drain rhubarb, reserving syrup.
If necessary, add water to... - 32.482
1. Prepare a 2 qt. glass dish and layer the rhubarb, water, and salt in the dish. Mix everything well and then microwave on (high), covered for 4-6 minutes while stirring halfway through cooking to ensure that the rhubarb is cooked through.
2. Add... - 32.3357
Rhubarb Dessert Squares
1. Blend 2 cups flour, confectioners' sugar, and butter in large mixing bowl. Beat until fine crumbs develop. Pat 2 cups crumb mixture firmly against bottom of 2-quart utility dish. Cook on Cook Level 7 for 4 1/2 to 6 minutes, or until set. Turn half-turn... - 31.6144
1) In a metal bowl with the yoghurt, gently fold in the rhubarb sauce, ginger, strawberries and orange peel.
2) Refrigerate until thoroughly chilled.
3) Spoon into individual serving bowls, garnish each with a mint sprig and serve immediately. - 31.5993
Irresistabily tempting and delicious, this Rhubard Mould is sure to liven up your day. This Rhubard Mould is richly flavored go perfectly with any palate. What are you waiting for, this Rhubard Mould is also quick and simple to make! - 31.1685
Place rhubarb in buttered 9-inch square cake pan; sprinkle with 1 cup sugar.
Beat eggs until light and fluffy; add remaining sugar and 3 tablespoons water.
Add sifted dry ingredients; stir until flour is blended.
Pour over rhubarb.
Bake at 350 degrees for 35... - 30.6591
Quick Rhubarb Royale
1) In a bowl, blend the margarine and sugar together.
2) Stir in the rhubarb sauce, blend well.
3) Stir in the pecans or walnuts and coconut, mix thoroughly.
4) Use the frosting to spread on cake or graham crackers and broil until slightly... - 29.2611
In saucepan combine rhubarb, sugar, lemonade concentrate, and 3 cups water.
Bring to boiling; reduce heat.
Cover and simmer for 10 minutes or till rhubarb is very tender.
Strain to remove pulp; chill the syrup.
Just before serving, pour rhubarb syrup over... - 28.9674
Rhubarb And Strawberry Dessert
Pour hot rhubarb over the gelatin and stir until gelatin is completely dissolved.
Cut marshmallows into quarters with scissors dipped in hot water, and add to the mixture while it is still warm.
Let stand at room temperature for 15 minutes to... - 28.2299
1 Wipe clean the rhubarb,trim and cut the stems into 1 inch pieces (Prepared weight should be approx 3 pounds).
2 In a large bowl put the rhubarb and layer with sugar and add lime juice.Let it stand overnight.
3 In a pan transfer the contents of the... - 27.6293
Place in a microwave-safe bowl the frozen rhubarb and the water.
Microwave at HIGH 8 to 9 minutes, stirring well after 5 minutes of cooking.
Place the Jell-0 or other jelly powder in a serving dish.
Pour the hot rhubarb over and stir until thoroughly... - 26.5598
Rhubarb Strawberry Dessert
Combine rhubarb and strawberries in a 1 1/2-quart casserole.
Cover and bake at 300°F. for 1 hour or until rhubarb is tender.
Remove from oven; cool.
Add sweetener, mix well; chill, if desired.
Divide evenly. - 26.4504
Rhubarb And Strawberry Delight
Wash rhubarb; cut in 1" pieces; add water, and simmer until almost tender—about 5 min, stirring carefully once or twice.
Then add sugar (enough to sweeten), and continue to cook until tender—about 1 min.
Just before removing from heat, add strawberries,... - 25.4478
Rhubarb And Ginger Flummery
1. Put the rhubarb into a pan with the orange juice and rind, ginger and honey. Simmer gently until the fruit is quite soft.
2. Dissolve the gelatine in the water and add to the cooked rhubarb. Beat until smooth. Cool the rhubarb mixture until it is just on... - 25.3419
Rhubarb, Orange And Ginger Marmalade
Mix all together and let stand at least overnight.
Boil for 1 hour or until thick.
Bottle in sterilized jars and seal with wax, unless you are using the new small screw-top sealers. - 23.1433
I Baked Rhubarb
In 2 qt glass dish, combine rhubarb, water, and salt.
Microwave (high), covered, 4-6 minutes, stirring halfway through cooking.
Add sugar; cook (high) 1 minute.
Rest, covered, 10 minutes.
Test for doneness. - 22.6477
Combine all ingredients; place in baking dish.
Bake, covered, at 325 degrees until just bubbly.
Remove from oven; serve. - 21.9589
Rhubarb With Strawberries
Mix rhubarb, sugar and water in 2-quart casserole.
Cover tightly and microwave on high (100%) 5 minutes; stir.
Cover and microwave until rhubarb is tender and slightly transparent, 3 to 5 minutes longer.
Stir in strawberries. - 21.4785
Rhubarb Dessert Thing
Layer ingredients in order given in an ungreased 9x13 inch baking pan.
Bake 40-45 minutes at 350°. - 21.0573
Rhubarb With Strawberries
1. Mix rhubarb, sugar and water in 2-quart casserole.
2. Cover tightly and microwave on high 8 to 10 minutes, stirring after 5 minutes, until rhubarb is tender and slightly transparent. Stir in strawberries. Serve warm or cold. - 20.9142
Rhubarb Recipes By Category