- » Red Wheat
Red Wheat Recipes
Enjoy our collection of red wheat recipes submitted, reviewed and rated by ifood.tv community. Meet people who are looking for red wheat recipes.
Whole Wheat Pizza
1. Preheat oven to 425°.
2. Take a medium sized mixing bowl and combine and mix together water, oil, sugar, and 1/2 teaspoon salt in it.
3. Sprinkle yeast over mixture.
4. Stir continuously until ingredients dissolve.
5. Gradually add... - 47.3027
Lentil And Wheat Berry Pilaf
1 Rinse the wheat berries and place them in a medium-size bowl with enough cool water to cover.
Soak for 12 hours in the refrigerator.
2 In a medium-size saucepan, combine the wheat berries with the white part of the green onions, stock, water, sage,... - 35.9996
Boil the lentils with water, then simmer lightly covered until cooked, about 45 minutes, stirring constantly.
While the mixture is still hot, add semolina, then bulgur, salt, onion and pepper.
Cover, and leave for about thirty to forty... - 41.3074
Ich (vegetarian Wheat Salad)
In a heavy skillet, heat the oil and saute the onion until limp and translucent, but not browned.
Stir in the tomato paste, lemon juice, the one cup water, salt and red pepper.
Bring to boiling.
Stir in the bulgur, reduce heat, and simmer about ten... - 42.1978
Indian Spicy Wheat Pancake
Very quick, healthy and nutritious breakfast dish which is prepared by using whole wheat flour. Very fast to make and is ready in less than 15 mts. Savoury and very filling! - 111.978
Whole Wheat Berries And Scallions
Place the berries in a 3- to 4-quart pot with 2 quarts of water.
Bring to a boil, lower the heat, and cook, partially covered, at a rapid simmer for 1 hour, or until the berries are tender but still very crunchy.
Check the pot occasionally to see that the... - 30.4416
Tequila Wheat Berry Salad
1. In a 3- to 4-quart pan over high heat, frequently stir tequila, broth, and wheat berries until boiling. Cover pan, reduce heat, and simmer until wheat berries are tender to bite, 45 to 50 minutes.
2. Drain wheat berries, reserving liquid. Put grain in a... - 31.478
This Wheat Sweet is what you'd like to have for your dessert everyday, once e you taste it ! Try out this wheat sweet and let me know how you find it ! - 37.0106
Bulgur Wheat Bake
1. Set the oven by preheating to gas mark 5, 375°F (190°C).
2. In a skillet, heat oil, and fry the onions gently for 3 minutes, then add pepper and garlic and cook for 5 more minutes.
3. Stir in cinnamon and Bulgur wheat along with... - 47.3917
Southwestern Wheat Berry Pilaf
Place wheat berries in a medium bowl; cover with water to 2 inches above wheat berries.
Cover and let stand 8 hours.
Place wheat berries in a medium saucepan; cover with water to 2 inches above wheat berries.
Bring to a boil; reduce heat, and cook,... - 36.8604
Bulgur Wheat, Peppers And Tofu
In a small bowl combine bulgur and enough cold water to cover.
Let stand for 45 minutes or until tender.
Into a fine sieve place bulgur.
Press to remove as much moisture as possible.
In a large skillet over medium heat melt margarine.
Saute for 30... - 44.3506
Bulgur Wheat And Parsley Salad
1) In a large bowl put bulgur wheat and add boiling water to cover 1 inch of it.
2) Keep aside for 30 minutes.
3) In a large portable bowl mix parsley, onion, tomatoes, and mint.
4) Keep it aside.
5) With a fine-mesh sieve drain bulgur and press on... - 46.7523
Bulgur Wheat Peppers And Bean Curd
1. Place the bulgur in a small bowl and rinse several times to remove any impurities. Add cold water to cover by 1 1/2 inches and let soak for 45 minutes, or until tender. Drain in a fine sieve, pressing to remove as much moisture as possible.
2. In a large... - 36.6627
Wheat Grain Dosa
I. Batter Preparation:
Soak the wheat grains for three to four hours. You can even soak it in water overnight for next day breakfast. The grains should be soft and easy to grind into a smooth batter.Drain the excess water. Add the red chillies,asafoetida and... - 27.2949
Roasted Lamb With Bulgar Wheat And Fiery Tomato Sauce
1. Finely chop the onion. Remove the core and seeds from the pepper and finely dice the flesh.
2. In a large bowl, place the bulgur wheat and pour over the stock, lemon juice, and 2 tablespoons of olive oil. Stir in the chopped onion and pepper... - 44.1322
Crunchy Wheat Thins With Cottage Cheese
Wheat cracker is topped with the soft and smooth cottage cheese and the flavor is pumped up by addition of oregano. To add to color and texture bell peppers are mixed in the topping. - 0
Spiced Wheat Peppers
1. Place the wheat in a mixing howl and cover it with cold water. Cover the howl and leave the wheat to stand for 1 hour.
2. Cut each pepper in half vertically and remove the seeds. Finely chop one of the green peppers.
3. Alternating the colours, place the... - 37.8271
Wheat Berries Primavera
Combine water and wheat berries in a large saucepan; bring to a boil.
Partially cover; reduce heat and simmer 1 hour or until wheat berries are tender.
Drain and set aside.
Melt margarine in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
Add mushrooms and next 3... - 39.0892
Broccoli And Whole Wheat Pasta Salad
1. In large pot of boiling water, cook spaghetti 5 minutes. Add broccoli; cook 5-8 minutes longer, until spaghetti and broccoli are tender. Drain and place in large serving bowl.
2. To prepare dressing, in small bowl, combine tomatoes, oil, vinegar, soy sauce... - 34.1638
Mediterranean Pizza With Whole Wheat Crust
1. Combine first 3 ingredients in a large bowl; let stand 5 minutes. Stir in 1 tablespoon oil. Lightly spoon flours into dry measuring cups; level with a knife. Stir flours and 1/2 teaspoon salt into yeast mixture. Gradually add 1/3 cup cold water, stirring... - 39.1977
Grape Bulgur Wheat Salad
1. In a large bowl, combine bulgur and 2 cups boiling water. Let stand until bulgur is tender to bite, about 30 minutes. Pour into a fine strainer to drain.
2. Return bulgur to bowl. Add grapes, onion, orange peel, orange juice, mint, lemon juice, and... - 33.1943
Cheese Wheat Whirls
Soften yeast in warm water in large mixing bowl.
Stir in milk, potato flakes, salt, cooking oil, honey and egg yolk.
Stir in whole wheat flour.
Gradually add regular flour to form a stiff dough.
Knead on floured surface until smooth and satiny, 7 to 10... - 43.5457
Bulgur Wheat Chili
In a large frying pan, saute" onion in vegetable oil.
Stir in bulgur and let toast slightly.
Add water; cover, and let simmer 10 to 15 minutes or until bulgur becomes tender.
Add remaining ingredients; salt and pepper to taste.
Heat to serving... - 37.484
Watercress And Orange Salad With Burghul Wheat
1. PIace burghul in a bowl, cover with boiling water and allow to stand for 10-15 minutes or until soft. Drain.
2. Place burghul, watercress, avocado, oranges, tomatoes and red pepper in a salad bowl.
3. To make dressing, place orange juice, poppy seeds and... - 37.9082
Wheat Noodle Soup With Marinated Chicken
1. Cut the chicken breasts into 2.5 cm (1 inch) cubes. Mix the turmeric with the salt and rub it into the cubes of chicken. Cover and leave to stand for 30 minutes.
2. Bruise the lemon grass with the side of a rolling pin to release the flavour. Finely crush... - 40.5856
1. In a pan boil the pasta as per the package instructions and drain.
2. Cut the tomatoes in halves and add to the warm pasta.
3. Add in the mozzarella balls, olive oil and salt. Mix all the ingredients.
4. Sprinkle basil into the pasta and stir... - 83.0133
Wheat Cheese Thins
In medium bowl combine Cheddar cheese, flours, butter, caraway seed and red pepper sauce.
Beat with electric mixer until blended.
Roll out to 1/8-in. thickness on wheat-floured surface.
Cut with small cookie cutters.
Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and... - 39.4144
Spiced Bulgar Wheat With Roasted Peppers
1. 1n a large microwave proof bowl, cover bulghar wheat with stock. Cover with cling film, then microwave on High for 4 mins. Set aside, covered; it will absorb the stock within another 5 mins.
2. Make a dressing with spice mix, lemon zest and juice and olive... - 34.0519
Bulgar Wheat Salao With Broccoli Nuts And Apricots
1) Take a medium sized bowl and add bulgar wheat to it.
2) Cover it entirely with boiling water and place cling film on the bowl.
3) Soak it for half an hour.
4) Drain off the extra water.
5) Take a pan and boil water in it.
6) Place... - 43.5223
In large saucepan, over medium heat, bring wheat and water to a boil.
Simmer wheat in water 1 hour, or until tender; adding more water if necessary.
Drain and rinse with cool water.
In large saucepan, over medium-high heat, cook beef and onion, 5 minutes, or... - 39.2655
Mediterranean Wheat Berry Salad
1. In a 3- to 4-quart pan, combine wheat berries, rice, and 6 cups water. Bring to a boil over high heat. Cover and simmer until grains are tender to bite, 30 to 35 minutes. Drain. Pour into a large bowl.
2. Drain artichoke marinade into bowl with grains.... - 30.224
Wheat And Oat Fruit Cobbler
Drain cherries and save the liquid.
Add enough water to make 1 cup (250 mL).
Combine 1/4 cup (60 mL) sugar replacement and cornstarch in a medium saucepan.
Add cherry liquid, cherries and food coloring, if using.
Stir to blend.
Cook over medium heat until... - 43.8138
Ajwain Flavored Wheat And Rice Chilla
Chila can be described as Indian version of pan cakes. There are lot of variations of it. It can be made with different flours and dals. In this recipe I have used two of the most basic flours, that is, wheat and rice. - 0
Tabbouleh With Raisins, Pistachios And Cracked Pepper
1) In a bowl, soak the bulgar wheat in plenty of cold water for 30 minutes, drain well.
2) Combine the bulgar wheat, olive oil, pepper, red onion, herbs, raisins, spices and lemon juice, then stir to blend well together.
3) Cool the bulgar wheat and... - 41.8213
1. In a bowl, add the wheat berries, cover with water and let soak overnight.
2. Drain, reserve and measure soaking liquid adding more water to it to equal 3 1/2 cups.
3. In a 3-quart stockpot, add the wheat berries along with measured... - 48.1239
Wash the chana dhaal, boil it until soft, drain and set aside.
Heat the oil in a large frying pan until hot and fry the mustard seeds and curry leaves for a few seconds.
Lower the heat and add the peanuts and cashew nuts, frying them quickly before adding the... - 40.2213
Spicy Buckwheat Noodles
1. Cook noodles in boiling water in a large saucepan following packet directions. Drain, set aside and keep warm.
2. Heat oil in a frying pan. Add garlic and cook, over a medium heat, stirring, for 1 minute. Add chilies, rocket and tomatoes and cook for 2... - 30.2752
Southwestern White Bean, Bulgur And Vegetable Stew
1. In a pot cover the beans with water bring to a boil, reduce the heat, simmer the beans until they are tender, approximately 45 minutes, drain the beans and set them aside.
2. In the empty pot bring the 1 1/4 cups of water to a boil, add 1/2 teaspoon... - 46.6544
Three Kings Ring
In large mixing bowl combine 1 1/2 cups of the flour and the yeast.
In a saucepan heat milk, butter or margarine, granulated sugar, and salt just till warm (115° to 120°), stirring constantly.
Add milk mixture to dry mixture in mixing bowl; add eggs and... - 48.3027
Meg's Christmas Braid
1. In medium saucepan over medium heat, heat butter with buttermilk, stirring to melt butter. Turn into large bowl of electric mixer; let cool to lukewarm (105 to 115°F). (If possible, check temperature with thermometer.)
2. Sprinkle yeast over lukewarm... - 50.1189
Watercress & Orange Salad
1. Place burghul (cracked wheat) in a bowl, cover with boiling water and allow to stand for 10-15 minutes or until soft. Drain.
2. Place burghul (cracked wheat), watercress, avocado, oranges, tomatoes and red pepper in a salad bowl.
3. To make dressing, place... - 37.3403
In medium skillet, over medium heat, melt butter.
Add bulgur and chopped onion.
Cook 3 to 5 minutes, or until onion is limp and bulgur is golden, stirring often.
Stir in celery, diced pepper, cumin and chili powder; cook 2 minutes longer.
Stir in beef broth;... - 38.7403
Soba Noodles In A Basket
1. Cook noodles according to package directions. After cooling and rinsing noodles, set aside and allow to drain well.
2. Prepare SOY DIPPING SAUCE. Force-cool by swirling bowl with dipping sauce in a larger bowl containing water and ice cubes.
3. Prepare... - 33.8521
1. First use the procedure of making roti (e.g. mix wheat flour, salt,etc. as preferred and make in a round shape, it should be hard and so bake it in an oven. Bake until red)
2. This is a bhakhri.
3. Let it cool for 2-3 minutes.
4. Now take 1-2 tsp of sauce... - 28.7022
1) Scald and peel the peaches, then halve and pit them.
2) Combine and heat the sherry, port and sugar.
3) Stir in the peach halves and 4 pits, then gently simmer for about 30 minutes.
4) Discard the pits, place the peach halves in flat dish and... - 37.2706
Christmas Cookie Cards
1. Preheat the oven at 350°.
2. Take a paper (not recycled one) and cut a 6 1/2- x 4 1/2-inch pattern to use as a guide in cutting rectangles for cookie cards.
3. Draw 2 small circles on top and on one side of pattern to indicate holes for... - 49.5891
Bulgur Vegetable Medley
1. Take a saucepan and boil the stock in it. Add the bulgur and cover the saucepan.
2. Remove from heat and let it rest for 15 to 20 minutes or until bulgur is soft.
3. In a skillet, heat some oil and add the onions, oregano, and celery. Saute for 7... - 41.0067
Preheat oven to 350° F.
Sift flour with salt and sugar; mix in nuts.
Using your hands, work in butter until thoroughly blended.
Mix vanilla and cream and add, a few drops at a time, mixing with a fork until mixture holds together.
Roll out, a small amount at... - 42.7431
Udon Noodles In A Pot
1. If using shiitake mushrooms, soak in 2 cups warm water until soft (about 1 hour), keeping them submerged by covering with drop-lid, flat pan lid, or saucer. Reserve liquid. Discard stems and notch a decorative cross design on caps. Add caps, 1... - 37.9359
Easy Holiday Loaf
1. Preheat oven to 350F.
2. Prepare a 9-by-5-by-3-inch loaf pan by greasing it
3. In a large bowl, combine all the ingredients with a wooden spoon for 30 minutes while beating vigorously.
4. Turn this into the greased pan and bake for 55-60 minutes or... - 42.1224
Danish Pastry Wreaths
1. In bowl, with wooden spoon, beat butter and 1/4 cup flour until smooth. Spread on waxed paper (on wet surface) to 12-by-8-inch rectangle. Refrigerate on cookie sheet.
2. Heat 3/4 cup milk slightly. Add granulated sugar and salt; stir to dissolve. Cool to... - 46.9717
Light Fruit Cake
Preheat oven to 300° F.
Grease, then line the bottom and sides of a 9"x5"x3" loaf pan with foil; grease foil lightly.
Sift flour with baking powder, salt, and spices and set aside.
Cream butter until light, gradually add sugar, continuing to cream until... - 45.3284
Savory Cheddar Crackers
1. In medium bowl, combine flour, mustard and pepper; mix well. With pastry blender or two knives, cut butter into flour mixture until it resembles coarse cornmeal. Stir in Cheddar. With hands, press mixture together to form a ball; divide in half. Wrap... - 34.6934
1. Preheat oven to 325°F. Grease well a 9-inch tube pan.
2. Sift flour with baking powder, salt and nutmeg.
3. In large bowl, combine currants, candied fruits and peels, raisins and cherries; mix well.
4. In large bowl, with electric mixer at medium speed,... - 46.7631
Spicy Upma With Vegetables
A great Indian start to your day - Watch this video to prepare a wonderful breakfast loaded with tasty Indian spices. This semolina based dish combines the savory of vegetables along with authentic spices. Being dry roasted; this is a very healthy form of... - 133.558
Irish Tea Cake
1. Separate eggs, whites in large bowl and place yolks in small bowl.
2. Let whites warm to room temperature — 1 hour.
3. Preheat oven to 350F.
4. Sift together flour, baking powder and salt.
5. Add cream of tartar to egg whites and... - 46.7299
Pour warm water into a warm large bowl, sprinkle in yeast, and stir to dissolve.
Mix in 2 cups flour, the salt and sugar.
Add lukewarm water and oil and beat until smooth.
Mix in remaining flour and knead on a lightly floured board until elastic.
Shape into a... - 44.6001
1. If possible, check temperature of warm water with thermometer. Sprinkle yeast over water in large bowl, stirring until dissolved.
2. Add 1/2 cup sugar, the salt, 1/2 cup butter, 3 eggs, the egg yolk and 3 cups flour; beat with wooden spoon or electric... - 46.6268
1) In a saucepan, blend the heated milk and butter.
2) Put it aside and let it be cool to lukewarm.
3) Take 1/4 cup water and add yeast into it... - 48.3796
1. In small saucepan, heat milk just until bubbles form around edge of pan; remove from heat. Add granulated sugar, 1 cup butter and the salt, stirring until dissolved. Let cool to lukewarm (a drop on wrist won't feel warm).
2. In large bowl that has been... - 46.6222