- » Red Split Lentil Chilli
Red Split Lentil Chilli Recipes
Enjoy our collection of red split lentil chilli recipes submitted, reviewed and rated by ifood.tv community. Meet people who are looking for red split lentil chilli recipes.
Fry Moong Ki Daal
Here , there is another great video with a delicious recipe stored in it. Fry Moong Ki daal is a vegan recipe made with split skinless mung with spices. It has all typical South Asian spices like turmeric, cumin and kasuri methi which gives a nice flavor to... - 125.099
Quick Red Lentils
1. Wash the lentils. Put them into a large pan with the onion, garlic, celery, cumin, garam masala, chili powder, turmeric, bay leaf and fresh water. Bring to the boil, cover the pan and simmer gently for 20-25 minutes until the liquid has been absorbed.
2.... - 32.6359
Balti Cod & Red Lentils
1. Heat the oil in a Balti pan or wok, add the asafoetida, if using, and fry for about 10 seconds to burn off the smell of the asafoetida. Add the aniseed, ginger, chilli powder and turmeric and fry for 30 seconds.
2. Stir in the lentils and salt and add... - 34.8919
Red Gram With Greens
1. Cook red gram in water.
2. Chop greens and green chillies.
3. Extract tamarind juice.
4. Add the gram, greens and tamarind extract to the tempering along with salt and boil well.
5. Serve hot. - 36.6521
1. Pick and wash gram or lentil.
2. Slice onion and slit green chillies.
3. Heat fat. Saute gram, onion, chillies, turmeric. Add enough water to cook.
4. When tender remove from fire and mash. Add more water if required.
5. Add salt and bring to boil.
6.... - 42.9472
Palak Masoor Dal
The palak masoor dal is an indian preparation of red lentils with spinach. Cooked in water with ginger, green chiles, turmeric and tamarind for flavor, the palak massor daal is best served hot with cooked long grained rice.This is a special low sugar recipe... - 41.3138
1. Boil dal. Add vegetables cut into even sized pieces, and powdered spices, and cook till vegetables are tender.
2. Add tamarind juice extracted in a cup of hot water. Bring to boil. Test for seasoning and remove.
3. Heat clarified butter in a frypan. Add... - 39.9197
Pressure cooks the chopped spinah leaves along with the thoor dhal, onions,green chilli, tomatoes, chilli powder, tamarind, and turmeric powder. Add some water to cook.
Once its cooked well, mash the dhal along with the spinach mixture well with a laddle.... - 35.3413
Green Gram Koshumbir
1. Soak the green gram overnight in sufficient water. Drain.
2. Grate coconut, chop chillies, ginger and coriander leaves fine.
3. Mix all the ingredients together.
4. Add the tempering. - 34.9715
1. Roast coriander seeds, fenugreek, cumin, red chillies, Bengal gram and black gram.
2. Grate coconut. Roast and grind to a fine paste with the Toasted masala.
3. Clean and wash red gram. Boil till soft.
4. Add cut and prepared vegetables and spices;... - 43.3269
1. Clean, wash and soak the gram for half an hour and cook till soft. [Water amount (a) if chapaties are to be served with Amti; otherwise as given in (b).
2. Heat oil and add mustard seeds; when they crackle add slit green chillies and chopped onion. When... - 33.6742
South Indian Sambar With Drumsticks
Pressure cook the toover dal with the turmeric powder, asafoetida and salt, and one sprig of curry leaves.
Wash the cut vegetables and place them in salted water and cook them till tender along with the onions and tomato pieces. Add the cooked dal and mix... - 37.8581
1. Cook gram in water till tender.
2. Squeeze tamarind in a little water.
3. Roast and pound spices.
4. Mix together the liquid in which the gram was cooked, part of the gram mashed up, pounded masala, tamarind juice and salt to taste.
5. Bring to boil.
6.... - 41.5544
1. Wash the red gram and boil with turmeric powder. Mash when tender.
2. Wash and cut drumsticks into 5 cm. pieces.
3. Soak tamarind in 3 cups of water for about half an hour, extract the juice and strain it.
4. Add to the tamarind juice, sambar powder, salt,... - 43.279
1. Boil the gram till tender; remove the water.
2. Cut tomatoes, slit green chillies and chop coriander leaves.
3. Add tomatoes, green chillies, coriander leaves and curry leaves to gram water. Boil.
4. Heat oil; add all the ingredients for tempering.
5. When... - 43.412
1. Clean and boil gram until soft.
2. Mash well.
3. Add slit green chillies, turmeric, salt and chopped tomatoes.
4. Grate and grind coconut to a fine paste.
5. When tomatoes are cooked add ground coconut.
6. Heat fat in a pan. Add mustard seeds and cumin... - 44.1695
Bisi Bele Huliyana Sambar Bhath
1. Cook red gram till very soft.
2. Soak tamarind and extract juice.
3. Fry spices, coconut and other gram in a little fat and grind to a soft paste.
4. Add the spices, garam masala, curry leaves and washed rice to cooked gram. Add salt.
5. Add sufficient hot... - 43.9386
1. Wash gram and boil in water with turmeric powder.
2. Wash and cut drumsticks and ladies fingers into even-sized pieces; slice onions.
3. When gram is cooked add vegetables.
4. Lightly fry in a little oil, coriander seeds, cumin, fenugreek, asafoetida and... - 45.2065
Maharashtrian Katachi Amati
Looking for a traditional Indian appetizer? This one will work for you perfectly. Katachi Amati is a regional specialty made with lentils and jaggery which gives it a perfect blend of sweet and sour flavors. Watch the video and treat your family to this dish,... - 93.9948
1. Boil the gram in water till well cooked.
2. Mash well.
3. Add sliced green chillies, ginger, turmeric, salt, tamarind juice or cocum, and jaggery.
4. Boil for half an hour over slow fire. Remove.
5. Heat oil in a frying pan.
6. Add mustard seeds, fenugreek... - 46.8044
1. On a chopping board cut all the vegetables into bite sized pieces and keep aside.
1. In a pan add urad dal, pour in hot water, salt, turmeric powder and let it simmer for 12 minutes on a medium high heat.
2. Partially cook the... - 90.5556
Hariyali daal is a an indian prepartion of lentils cooked in water with spices and vegetables. The hariyali daal is prepared with split red lentils, greens of choice, tomatoes, and flavored with fenugreek, cumn, turmeric, chilies and ginger.This is a special... - 36.2984
Dal pinni is an indian lentil preparation made with split yellow lentils and split bengal gram. The daal pinni is best served with rice or rotis and is cooked with water along with flavoring spices like red chilies, cloves, coriander, poppy seeds, mustard and... - 46.5431
Microwave Urad Ki Dal
Here is a Microwave Urad dal recipe for those who are not well versed with the conventional cooking style. It’s actually easier to cook in a microwave as it doesn’t need constant attention while the dal is cooked. Then, all it needs is Baghar or tempering... - 120.495
Soak lentils, split pea in water overnight, drain, set aside.
Heat oil in pan, add fenugreek seeds, garlic, saute until golden brown.
Add onion, saute until transparent.
Add lentils, turmeric, chilli, cook on high for 1 minute.
Add water, bring to boil,... - 46.6888
Arhar Dal With Mango
Wash and cook the dal with the turmeric powder, salt and the sugar in a saute.
Add the mango to the dal.
Add a part of the ginger to the dal along with the cumin powder and the garam masala powder. mix well.
When the dal and the mango is cooked remove from... - 35.7983
1. Wash and cut the mutton into large pieces. Cut the vegetables and chop half the onion.
2. Pick and wash all the pulses.
3. Chop coriander leaves, mint leaves and green chillies.
4. Roast and grind red chillies, cumin, and coconut to a fine paste.
5. Grind... - 41.9655
A masoor dal preparation with an abundant flavour of methi leaves - 27.6418
This Damni Dhokla recipe is from my Granny's cookbook. A true Indian pick to dish out, this Damni Dhokla has my own variations to it, specially to appeal to my family! Give it a try and I am sure you will love it. - 46.2189
Wash the dal and cook the dal in a sauteuse with the turmeric, salt and the sugar over a medium flame.
Add half of the ginger to the dal along with the cumin powder.
When the dal is cooked and thick remove from the fire.
Heat the ghee in a pan and add the... - 38.2399
Sweet Mango Patia With Fried Bananas
• Peel the mangoes. Cut the cheek on each side in four pieces; so you should get 48 pieces. Set aside.
• Roll the bananas on a wooden board, peel and cut into 1" pieces. Heat oil in a frying pan, preferably non-stick, and when the oil is hot, fry the... - 32.7251
An excelent breakfast recipe.Your children will love it i say!!!!!!!!!!!! You can also use as a side dish for lunch or dinner and serve with rice. - 42.5092
These are the fritters made with lentils and deep fried. - 34.221
Doodhi With Moong Dhal
1. Peel the doodhi and cut it into small pieces. Bring about 850 ml / 1 1/2 pints of salted water to the boil and drop in the doodhi. Boil for about 5 minutes. Drain the water and set the doodhi aside.
2. Wash and pick over the moong dhal for any stones, etc.... - 38.1005
My family loves this Khichdi Recipe .Khichdi is a unique Indian dish. It is also known as khichdee ,khichadi ,khichuri, and khichadi. Khichdi is an Indian dish that contains a combination of rice and lentils .It is generally eaten during illness period as it... - 41.0283
Chitrannam - Mama's Lemon Rice
Chitrannam is a south Indian Rice preparation which is usually prepared on festivals. I prefer this lemon flavored rice over the spicy Pulao or Biryani any time of the day. Here is my Mama’s recipe for this Lemon Rice. - 0
Shallot Sambar - South Indian
There are so many varieties of making Sambar and here is one of them. The sweet shallots cooked with tangy, spicy lentil soup is a perfect side dish for any meal to make it complete and flavorful. Shallot Sambar recipe that I shared here is our family's... - 0