- » Red Split Lentil
Red Split Lentil Recipes
Enjoy our collection of red split lentil recipes submitted, reviewed and rated by ifood.tv community. Meet people who are looking for red split lentil recipes.
Lentil And Split Pea Puree
Cook bacon until crisp, remove with slotted spoon to drain on paper toweling and set aside.
Adding fat to bacon drippings if needed, lightly brown onion, garlic and carrot.
Stir in lentils and peas to coat well and add stocks.
Cover, bring to gentle boil,... - 33.5044
Winter Warmed Red Lentil Soup
1. Put the lentils, onion, vegetables, garlic, stock, and paprika into a large pan. Bring to a boil and boil rapidly for 10 minutes. Reduce the heat, cover, and let simmer for 20 minutes, or until the lentils and vegetables are tender.
2. Let the soup cool... - 33.2571
Red Lentil Lasagne
1. Heat the oil in a large pan and gently fry the onion and garlic over a moderate heat for 5 minutes. Add the pepper and mushrooms and cook for 5 minutes. Add the basil, oregano and lentils, and cook gently for 2-3 minutes. Stir in the tomatoes and their... - 32.9786
Fry Moong Ki Daal
Here , there is another great video with a delicious recipe stored in it. Fry Moong Ki daal is a vegan recipe made with split skinless mung with spices. It has all typical South Asian spices like turmeric, cumin and kasuri methi which gives a nice flavor to... - 128.409
Quick Red Lentils
1. Wash the lentils. Put them into a large pan with the onion, garlic, celery, cumin, garam masala, chili powder, turmeric, bay leaf and fresh water. Bring to the boil, cover the pan and simmer gently for 20-25 minutes until the liquid has been absorbed.
2.... - 31.3845
Red Lentil Soup
Heat the oil in a large saucepan over low heat.
Add the onion and cook until it begins to soften, about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Add the peppercorns and bay leaves and cook 5 minutes longer.
Add the chicken stock, 1 cup water, the drained red... - 40.3701
Red Lentil And Vegetable Curry
1) Heat the oil and stir-fry the garlic and onion in it for a few minutes.
2) Add the celery, carrot and curry powder.
3) Add the tomatoes, lentils and stock and stir well.
4) Bring the contents to a boil.
5) Cover and reduce the heat. Simmer gently... - 46.9868
Pea Soup With Red Lentils And Barley
1.Take a soup kettle, add all the ingredients except the seasoning.
2.Bring to a boil, cover and simmer on gentle heat for upto 2 hours
3.Check if lentils and peas are tender.
5.Serve hot. - 44.4917
Red Lentil Soup
1. In a large saucepan put together split red lentils, sliced leeks, sliced carrots, sliced celery, crushed garlic, vegetable stock, bay leaf,cayenne pepper and allow it to a boil and cover with a lid, and simmer.
2. Check vegetables and lentils for... - 40.5933
Red Lentils With Soup
These quick-cooking lentils are a great source of protein and fiber. Red lentils are immersed in a delicious tomato puree with fragrant seasonings. Tofu has a spongelike ability to pick up the surrounding flavors and is added at the end. The dish’s lovely... - 43.0653
Red Lentil Soup
Place all the ingredients except the garnish in a large saucepan, bring to the boil, cover the pan and simmer for 20-25 minutes or until the lentils and vegetables are tender.
Allow the soup to cool slightly and remove the bay leaf.
Puree the soup, in batches... - 41.1949
Balti Cod & Red Lentils
1. Heat the oil in a Balti pan or wok, add the asafoetida, if using, and fry for about 10 seconds to burn off the smell of the asafoetida. Add the aniseed, ginger, chilli powder and turmeric and fry for 30 seconds.
2. Stir in the lentils and salt and add... - 33.4156
Red Gram With Greens
1. Cook red gram in water.
2. Chop greens and green chillies.
3. Extract tamarind juice.
4. Add the gram, greens and tamarind extract to the tempering along with salt and boil well.
5. Serve hot. - 38.2884
Spicy Tomato And Lentil Soup
1. Heat the sunflower oil in a large heavy-based saucepan and cook the chopped onion gently for 5 minutes until softened.
2. Stir in the garlic, ginger and cumin, followed by the tomatoes and lentils. Cook over a low heat for a further 3-4 minutes.
3. Stir in... - 39.8668
Arabian Lentil Soup
Heat oil in soup pot over medium heat.
Add onion, celery, carrot and garlic. Cook about 5 minutes, stirring, just to soften. Do not brown.
Add cumin and coriander. Cook another 1 to 2 minutes until fragrant.
Add water and salt and bring to a boil.
Add... - 101.737
Easy Lentil Soup
1. Pick over the lentils and remove any stones. Rinse well.
2. Heat the butter or margarine in a pan and saute the onion for 2-3 minutes.
3. Add the diced celery and carrots and let the vegetables sweat for 5-10 minutes.
4. Stir in the lentils, add the lemon... - 40.3559
Bacon Lentil Soup
1. Melt the butter in a saucepan, add the bacon and fry gently for 1-2 minutes. Stir in the celery, carrot, potato and onion and 'sweat' for about 5 minutes.
2. Stir in the stock and lentils, cover and boil for 10 minutes, then simmer for 15-20 minutes, until... - 33.442
Lentil Filled Pitas
1) Set the broiler at High.
2) Take a saucepan and sauté the onion gently for 3-4 minutes in melted butter until translucent but not colored.
3) Put the mushrooms and cumin in it and stir-fry for another 2 minutes.
4) Stir in lentils... - 42.4887
Vegetable Lentil Burgers
1) In a saucepan, place the lentils, potato and carrot with just enough cold water to cover. Let soak.
2) Preheat the grill moderately.
3) Boil the lentils and vegetables rapidly for 10 minutes, then cover and simmer over a moderate heat... - 46.4947
1) In cold water, rinse the lentils thoroughly.
2) In a very large bowl, combine the lentils, hot water and bay leaves.
3) On high power, cook this mixture uncovered, for 25 to 35 minutes, or until the mixture becomes a smooth paste.... - 44.9992
Walnut Acres' Armenian Apricot-lentil Soup
This Walnut Acres' Armenian Apricot-Lentil Soup is a pleasure to eat! If you are lazy to try out a difficult soup, you can perhaps think of Walnut Acres' Armenian Apricot-Lentil Soup which will not take much of your time. Try it! - 43.0871
Gourmet Lentil Burgers
1. Place lentils, mashed potato, milk, egg, spring onions, garlic, cumin, coriander, curry powder and black pepper to taste in a bowl and mix well.
2. Shape lentil mixture into eight patties and cook under a preheated grill for 5 minutes each side or until... - 38.0689
Lemony Lentil And Coconut Soup
Cook onion in large oiled pan, stirring, until soft.
Add spices; cook, stirring, about 1 minute or until fragrant.
Add potato, peas, lentils and stock.
Bring to boil; simmer, covered, about 1 hour or until peas are tender, [can be prepared ahead to this... - 38.102
Palak Masoor Dal
The palak masoor dal is an indian preparation of red lentils with spinach. Cooked in water with ginger, green chiles, turmeric and tamarind for flavor, the palak massor daal is best served hot with cooked long grained rice.This is a special low sugar recipe... - 39.7274
1. Pick and wash gram or lentil.
2. Slice onion and slit green chillies.
3. Heat fat. Saute gram, onion, chillies, turmeric. Add enough water to cook.
4. When tender remove from fire and mash. Add more water if required.
5. Add salt and bring to boil.
6.... - 42.6565
Clean, wash and cook the red lentil with lots of water till soft.
Prepare a thick dough by kneading well all the dhokli ingredients together, using adequate water.
Roll out big size rotis, slightly thicker than normal and cut into one inch... - 41.7139
Dahi Vada (wada) - Lentil Balls(dumplings) With Flavored Yogurt
If you are fond of Indian cuisine then you will really love the dahi bhalla. This serves as a good snack on a hot summer day. The sweet yogurt is poured over the vadas. These should be served chilled. Do watch the video for the yummy recipe of dahi bhalla. - 106.957
Curried Vegetables With Dahi
Rinse the lentils or split peas.
Lentils cook faster and absorb less water than split peas, so use 4 cups of water for lentils, 5 cups of water for split peas.
In a covered saucepan, bring the water and lentils or peas to a boil.
Reduce the heat, uncover, and... - 45.2553
1. Boil dal. Add vegetables cut into even sized pieces, and powdered spices, and cook till vegetables are tender.
2. Add tamarind juice extracted in a cup of hot water. Bring to boil. Test for seasoning and remove.
3. Heat clarified butter in a frypan. Add... - 39.6817
Hariyali daal is a an indian prepartion of lentils cooked in water with spices and vegetables. The hariyali daal is prepared with split red lentils, greens of choice, tomatoes, and flavored with fenugreek, cumn, turmeric, chilies and ginger.This is a special... - 35.0866
1. Roast coriander seeds, fenugreek, cumin, red chillies, Bengal gram and black gram.
2. Grate coconut. Roast and grind to a fine paste with the Toasted masala.
3. Clean and wash red gram. Boil till soft.
4. Add cut and prepared vegetables and spices;... - 42.7572
Bisi Bele Huliyana Sambar Bhath
1. Cook red gram till very soft.
2. Soak tamarind and extract juice.
3. Fry spices, coconut and other gram in a little fat and grind to a soft paste.
4. Add the spices, garam masala, curry leaves and washed rice to cooked gram. Add salt.
5. Add sufficient hot... - 44.7332
Green Gram Koshumbir
1. Soak the green gram overnight in sufficient water. Drain.
2. Grate coconut, chop chillies, ginger and coriander leaves fine.
3. Mix all the ingredients together.
4. Add the tempering. - 36.0909
1. Cook gram in water till tender.
2. Squeeze tamarind in a little water.
3. Roast and pound spices.
4. Mix together the liquid in which the gram was cooked, part of the gram mashed up, pounded masala, tamarind juice and salt to taste.
5. Bring to boil.
6.... - 42.2195
1. Wash the red gram and boil with turmeric powder. Mash when tender.
2. Wash and cut drumsticks into 5 cm. pieces.
3. Soak tamarind in 3 cups of water for about half an hour, extract the juice and strain it.
4. Add to the tamarind juice, sambar powder, salt,... - 43.3514
1. Wash and soak gram.
2. Boil the water.
3. Add gram and turmeric.
4. Cook till water is nearly finished and add salt.
5. Mix well with a ladle. (Consistency of gram should be thick.)
6. Serve hot. - 30.8724
South Indian Sambar With Drumsticks
Pressure cook the toover dal with the turmeric powder, asafoetida and salt, and one sprig of curry leaves.
Wash the cut vegetables and place them in salted water and cook them till tender along with the onions and tomato pieces. Add the cooked dal and mix... - 36.4092
1. Wash gram and boil in water with turmeric powder.
2. Wash and cut drumsticks and ladies fingers into even-sized pieces; slice onions.
3. When gram is cooked add vegetables.
4. Lightly fry in a little oil, coriander seeds, cumin, fenugreek, asafoetida and... - 44.5208
1. Cook the gram and turmeric in half the amount of water till the gram is tender. Drain and mash. Add salt and keep it aside. Heat clarified butter. Add finely chopped garlic and cumin and fry till the cumin is brown. Pour this into the prepared dal. Add the... - 31.0254