- » Red Split Lentil
Red Split Lentil Recipes
Enjoy our collection of red split lentil recipes submitted, reviewed and rated by ifood.tv community. Meet people who are looking for red split lentil recipes.
Lentil And Split Pea Puree
Cook bacon until crisp, remove with slotted spoon to drain on paper toweling and set aside.
Adding fat to bacon drippings if needed, lightly brown onion, garlic and carrot.
Stir in lentils and peas to coat well and add stocks.
Cover, bring to gentle boil,... - 35.4001
Winter Warmed Red Lentil Soup
1. Put the lentils, onion, vegetables, garlic, stock, and paprika into a large pan. Bring to a boil and boil rapidly for 10 minutes. Reduce the heat, cover, and let simmer for 20 minutes, or until the lentils and vegetables are tender.
2. Let the soup cool... - 37.1448
Quick Red Lentils
1. Wash the lentils. Put them into a large pan with the onion, garlic, celery, cumin, garam masala, chili powder, turmeric, bay leaf and fresh water. Bring to the boil, cover the pan and simmer gently for 20-25 minutes until the liquid has been absorbed.
2.... - 32.6359
Red Lentil Lasagne
1. Heat the oil in a large pan and gently fry the onion and garlic over a moderate heat for 5 minutes. Add the pepper and mushrooms and cook for 5 minutes. Add the basil, oregano and lentils, and cook gently for 2-3 minutes. Stir in the tomatoes and their... - 34.3424
Fry Moong Ki Daal
Here , there is another great video with a delicious recipe stored in it. Fry Moong Ki daal is a vegan recipe made with split skinless mung with spices. It has all typical South Asian spices like turmeric, cumin and kasuri methi which gives a nice flavor to... - 125.099
Red Lentil Soup
Heat the oil in a large saucepan over low heat.
Add the onion and cook until it begins to soften, about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Add the peppercorns and bay leaves and cook 5 minutes longer.
Add the chicken stock, 1 cup water, the drained red... - 41.3364
Red Lentil And Vegetable Curry
1) Heat the oil and stir-fry the garlic and onion in it for a few minutes.
2) Add the celery, carrot and curry powder.
3) Add the tomatoes, lentils and stock and stir well.
4) Bring the contents to a boil.
5) Cover and reduce the heat. Simmer gently... - 44.6222
Pea Soup With Red Lentils And Barley
1.Take a soup kettle, add all the ingredients except the seasoning.
2.Bring to a boil, cover and simmer on gentle heat for upto 2 hours
3.Check if lentils and peas are tender.
5.Serve hot. - 45.3051
Red Lentil Soup
1. In a large saucepan put together split red lentils, sliced leeks, sliced carrots, sliced celery, crushed garlic, vegetable stock, bay leaf,cayenne pepper and allow it to a boil and cover with a lid, and simmer.
2. Check vegetables and lentils for... - 42.0758
Red Lentil Soup
Place all the ingredients except the garnish in a large saucepan, bring to the boil, cover the pan and simmer for 20-25 minutes or until the lentils and vegetables are tender.
Allow the soup to cool slightly and remove the bay leaf.
Puree the soup, in batches... - 41.0715
Balti Cod & Red Lentils
1. Heat the oil in a Balti pan or wok, add the asafoetida, if using, and fry for about 10 seconds to burn off the smell of the asafoetida. Add the aniseed, ginger, chilli powder and turmeric and fry for 30 seconds.
2. Stir in the lentils and salt and add... - 34.8919
Red Lentils With Soup
These quick-cooking lentils are a great source of protein and fiber. Red lentils are immersed in a delicious tomato puree with fragrant seasonings. Tofu has a spongelike ability to pick up the surrounding flavors and is added at the end. The dish’s lovely... - 41.346
Easy Mung Dhuli Dal
Looking for an easy and quick to make split yellow lentil (mung dhuli dal) recipe? This recipe has the dal cooked in a few seasonings and spices, yet full of flavor to satisfy any taste bud. - 0
Spicy Tomato And Lentil Soup
1. Heat the sunflower oil in a large heavy-based saucepan and cook the chopped onion gently for 5 minutes until softened.
2. Stir in the garlic, ginger and cumin, followed by the tomatoes and lentils. Cook over a low heat for a further 3-4 minutes.
3. Stir in... - 39.8415
Red Gram With Greens
1. Cook red gram in water.
2. Chop greens and green chillies.
3. Extract tamarind juice.
4. Add the gram, greens and tamarind extract to the tempering along with salt and boil well.
5. Serve hot. - 36.6521
Easy Lentil Soup
1. Pick over the lentils and remove any stones. Rinse well.
2. Heat the butter or margarine in a pan and saute the onion for 2-3 minutes.
3. Add the diced celery and carrots and let the vegetables sweat for 5-10 minutes.
4. Stir in the lentils, add the lemon... - 39.9936
Lentil Filled Pitas
1) Set the broiler at High.
2) Take a saucepan and sauté the onion gently for 3-4 minutes in melted butter until translucent but not colored.
3) Put the mushrooms and cumin in it and stir-fry for another 2 minutes.
4) Stir in lentils... - 41.8673
Arabian Lentil Soup
Heat oil in soup pot over medium heat.
Add onion, celery, carrot and garlic. Cook about 5 minutes, stirring, just to soften. Do not brown.
Add cumin and coriander. Cook another 1 to 2 minutes until fragrant.
Add water and salt and bring to a boil.
Add... - 125.847
Bacon Lentil Soup
1. Melt the butter in a saucepan, add the bacon and fry gently for 1-2 minutes. Stir in the celery, carrot, potato and onion and 'sweat' for about 5 minutes.
2. Stir in the stock and lentils, cover and boil for 10 minutes, then simmer for 15-20 minutes, until... - 35.0851
Vegetable Lentil Burgers
1) In a saucepan, place the lentils, potato and carrot with just enough cold water to cover. Let soak.
2) Preheat the grill moderately.
3) Boil the lentils and vegetables rapidly for 10 minutes, then cover and simmer over a moderate heat... - 47.3072
1) In cold water, rinse the lentils thoroughly.
2) In a very large bowl, combine the lentils, hot water and bay leaves.
3) On high power, cook this mixture uncovered, for 25 to 35 minutes, or until the mixture becomes a smooth paste.... - 44.9022
Sambar is a traditional dish of South India cuisine. Here is a simple recipe for making this lip smacking delicacy. - 0
Walnut Acres' Armenian Apricot-lentil Soup
This Walnut Acres' Armenian Apricot-Lentil Soup is a pleasure to eat! If you are lazy to try out a difficult soup, you can perhaps think of Walnut Acres' Armenian Apricot-Lentil Soup which will not take much of your time. Try it! - 44.1731
Lemony Lentil And Coconut Soup
Cook onion in large oiled pan, stirring, until soft.
Add spices; cook, stirring, about 1 minute or until fragrant.
Add potato, peas, lentils and stock.
Bring to boil; simmer, covered, about 1 hour or until peas are tender, [can be prepared ahead to this... - 40.5909
Palak Masoor Dal
The palak masoor dal is an indian preparation of red lentils with spinach. Cooked in water with ginger, green chiles, turmeric and tamarind for flavor, the palak massor daal is best served hot with cooked long grained rice.This is a special low sugar recipe... - 41.3138
1. Pick and wash gram or lentil.
2. Slice onion and slit green chillies.
3. Heat fat. Saute gram, onion, chillies, turmeric. Add enough water to cook.
4. When tender remove from fire and mash. Add more water if required.
5. Add salt and bring to boil.
6.... - 42.9472
Clean, wash and cook the red lentil with lots of water till soft.
Prepare a thick dough by kneading well all the dhokli ingredients together, using adequate water.
Roll out big size rotis, slightly thicker than normal and cut into one inch... - 45.1936
Gourmet Lentil Burgers
1. Place lentils, mashed potato, milk, egg, spring onions, garlic, cumin, coriander, curry powder and black pepper to taste in a bowl and mix well.
2. Shape lentil mixture into eight patties and cook under a preheated grill for 5 minutes each side or until... - 37.6239
Dahi Vada (wada) - Lentil Balls(dumplings) With Flavored Yogurt
If you are fond of Indian cuisine then you will really love the dahi bhalla. This serves as a good snack on a hot summer day. The sweet yogurt is poured over the vadas. These should be served chilled. Do watch the video for the yummy recipe of dahi bhalla. - 99.5059
Pressure cooks the chopped spinah leaves along with the thoor dhal, onions,green chilli, tomatoes, chilli powder, tamarind, and turmeric powder. Add some water to cook.
Once its cooked well, mash the dhal along with the spinach mixture well with a laddle.... - 35.3413
Curried Vegetables With Dahi
Rinse the lentils or split peas.
Lentils cook faster and absorb less water than split peas, so use 4 cups of water for lentils, 5 cups of water for split peas.
In a covered saucepan, bring the water and lentils or peas to a boil.
Reduce the heat, uncover, and... - 44.9235
1. Boil dal. Add vegetables cut into even sized pieces, and powdered spices, and cook till vegetables are tender.
2. Add tamarind juice extracted in a cup of hot water. Bring to boil. Test for seasoning and remove.
3. Heat clarified butter in a frypan. Add... - 39.9197
Hariyali daal is a an indian prepartion of lentils cooked in water with spices and vegetables. The hariyali daal is prepared with split red lentils, greens of choice, tomatoes, and flavored with fenugreek, cumn, turmeric, chilies and ginger.This is a special... - 36.2984
1. Roast coriander seeds, fenugreek, cumin, red chillies, Bengal gram and black gram.
2. Grate coconut. Roast and grind to a fine paste with the Toasted masala.
3. Clean and wash red gram. Boil till soft.
4. Add cut and prepared vegetables and spices;... - 43.3269
1. Wash and soak gram.
2. Boil the water.
3. Add gram and turmeric.
4. Cook till water is nearly finished and add salt.
5. Mix well with a ladle. (Consistency of gram should be thick.)
6. Serve hot. - 29.8353
Bisi Bele Huliyana Sambar Bhath
1. Cook red gram till very soft.
2. Soak tamarind and extract juice.
3. Fry spices, coconut and other gram in a little fat and grind to a soft paste.
4. Add the spices, garam masala, curry leaves and washed rice to cooked gram. Add salt.
5. Add sufficient hot... - 43.9386
Green Gram Koshumbir
1. Soak the green gram overnight in sufficient water. Drain.
2. Grate coconut, chop chillies, ginger and coriander leaves fine.
3. Mix all the ingredients together.
4. Add the tempering. - 34.9715
1. Wash the red gram and boil with turmeric powder. Mash when tender.
2. Wash and cut drumsticks into 5 cm. pieces.
3. Soak tamarind in 3 cups of water for about half an hour, extract the juice and strain it.
4. Add to the tamarind juice, sambar powder, salt,... - 43.279
1. Cook gram in water till tender.
2. Squeeze tamarind in a little water.
3. Roast and pound spices.
4. Mix together the liquid in which the gram was cooked, part of the gram mashed up, pounded masala, tamarind juice and salt to taste.
5. Bring to boil.
6.... - 41.5544
South Indian Sambar With Drumsticks
Pressure cook the toover dal with the turmeric powder, asafoetida and salt, and one sprig of curry leaves.
Wash the cut vegetables and place them in salted water and cook them till tender along with the onions and tomato pieces. Add the cooked dal and mix... - 37.8581
1. Wash gram and boil in water with turmeric powder.
2. Wash and cut drumsticks and ladies fingers into even-sized pieces; slice onions.
3. When gram is cooked add vegetables.
4. Lightly fry in a little oil, coriander seeds, cumin, fenugreek, asafoetida and... - 45.2065
1. Clean, wash and soak the gram for half an hour and cook till soft. [Water amount (a) if chapaties are to be served with Amti; otherwise as given in (b).
2. Heat oil and add mustard seeds; when they crackle add slit green chillies and chopped onion. When... - 33.6742
1. Cook the gram and turmeric in half the amount of water till the gram is tender. Drain and mash. Add salt and keep it aside. Heat clarified butter. Add finely chopped garlic and cumin and fry till the cumin is brown. Pour this into the prepared dal. Add the... - 31.1012
1. Clean and boil gram until soft.
2. Mash well.
3. Add slit green chillies, turmeric, salt and chopped tomatoes.
4. Grate and grind coconut to a fine paste.
5. When tomatoes are cooked add ground coconut.
6. Heat fat in a pan. Add mustard seeds and cumin... - 44.1695
Maharashtrian Katachi Amati
Looking for a traditional Indian appetizer? This one will work for you perfectly. Katachi Amati is a regional specialty made with lentils and jaggery which gives it a perfect blend of sweet and sour flavors. Watch the video and treat your family to this dish,... - 93.9948
1. Boil the gram till tender; remove the water.
2. Cut tomatoes, slit green chillies and chop coriander leaves.
3. Add tomatoes, green chillies, coriander leaves and curry leaves to gram water. Boil.
4. Heat oil; add all the ingredients for tempering.
5. When... - 43.412
1. Boil the gram in water till well cooked.
2. Mash well.
3. Add sliced green chillies, ginger, turmeric, salt, tamarind juice or cocum, and jaggery.
4. Boil for half an hour over slow fire. Remove.
5. Heat oil in a frying pan.
6. Add mustard seeds, fenugreek... - 46.8044
Masoor Or Arhar Dal With Vegetables
Clean and wash dal.
Put dal in 4-quart heavy-bottomed pot with 6 cups water and bring to boil.
If there is any scum, remove it with a spoon.
Add the turmeric and parsley and cover.
Lower heat and simmer gently until tender, about 1 1/2 hours, stirring every... - 47.0125
1. On a chopping board cut all the vegetables into bite sized pieces and keep aside.
1. In a pan add urad dal, pour in hot water, salt, turmeric powder and let it simmer for 12 minutes on a medium high heat.
2. Partially cook the... - 90.5556
Dal pinni is an indian lentil preparation made with split yellow lentils and split bengal gram. The daal pinni is best served with rice or rotis and is cooked with water along with flavoring spices like red chilies, cloves, coriander, poppy seeds, mustard and... - 46.5431
Green Beans Dal Curry Dry
This is a typical tamil dish, made in most tamil homes. Though it does not have many spices going into it, it is quite delicious and can be eaten on its own. - 0
Microwave Urad Ki Dal
Here is a Microwave Urad dal recipe for those who are not well versed with the conventional cooking style. It’s actually easier to cook in a microwave as it doesn’t need constant attention while the dal is cooked. Then, all it needs is Baghar or tempering... - 120.495
Moong Dal Methi Dal
Fenugreek leaves dal is a very healthy lentil that is generally eaten with rotis in India. However, it is also enjoyed with rice. This dal is a rich source of proteins (from the mung bean) and minerals and vitamins from the fenugreek leaves. Hence, ideal for... - 0
Spicy Whole Green Grams
Lentil dishes are nutritious and filling and here is an Indian recipe to make one. Watch chef Aarsi showing how to make Mung Bean lentils or green gram with vegetables and spicy seasonings. Good to have with rotis or rice! - 127.549
Stuffed Aubergines With Apricots
1. Cut the aubergines in half and scoop out.
2. Cover the lentils with water. Bring to the boil, cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes. Drain, and reserve any excess liquid.
3. Heat the oil over a moderate heat and gently cook the onion, cumin and coriander for... - 30.0337
Winter Vegetables With Buckwheat
1. Heat the oil over a moderate heat and gently cook the buckwheat and lentils for 5 minutes to lightly toast the buckwheat
2. Add the onion and garlic and fry for 3 minutes. Add the carrots, leeks and parsnips, rosemary and thyme and cook for 5 minutes.
3.... - 33.0984
Cream Of Roast Vegetable Soup
1) Pre-heat the oven to 375°F/190°C/Gas 5.
2) In a large bowl, mix melted butter, oil and rosemary together
3) Put the cut vegetables into this butter mixture, and then line them on a roasting tin.
4) Add salt and pepper and season.
5)... - 42.951
This Damni Dhokla recipe is from my Granny's cookbook. A true Indian pick to dish out, this Damni Dhokla has my own variations to it, specially to appeal to my family! Give it a try and I am sure you will love it. - 46.2189
Very Brown Rice
Heat the oil in a large saucepan or pressure cooker.
Add the rice and saute it for 5-7 minutes, until it crackles and browns lightly.
Stir in the chunks of butter until they melt; then add the water and mixed beans.
Pressure cook for 15 minutes. For... - 31.419
Sort legumes and remove any debris.
In a 2- to 3-quart pan, bring 4 cups water and any one of the legumes (except red lentils) to a boil over high heat.
Cover and remove from heat; let stand until grains are just tender enough to chew.
Allow about 15 minutes... - 24.7493
Arhar Dal With Mango
Wash and cook the dal with the turmeric powder, salt and the sugar in a saute.
Add the mango to the dal.
Add a part of the ginger to the dal along with the cumin powder and the garam masala powder. mix well.
When the dal and the mango is cooked remove from... - 35.7983
A masoor dal preparation with an abundant flavour of methi leaves - 27.6418
Wash the dal and cook the dal in a sauteuse with the turmeric, salt and the sugar over a medium flame.
Add half of the ginger to the dal along with the cumin powder.
When the dal is cooked and thick remove from the fire.
Heat the ghee in a pan and add the... - 38.2399
1. Wash and cut the mutton into large pieces. Cut the vegetables and chop half the onion.
2. Pick and wash all the pulses.
3. Chop coriander leaves, mint leaves and green chillies.
4. Roast and grind red chillies, cumin, and coconut to a fine paste.
5. Grind... - 41.9655
Soak lentils, split pea in water overnight, drain, set aside.
Heat oil in pan, add fenugreek seeds, garlic, saute until golden brown.
Add onion, saute until transparent.
Add lentils, turmeric, chilli, cook on high for 1 minute.
Add water, bring to boil,... - 46.6888
Bisi Bele Bath
Traditional South Indian style dish where rice and vegetables are cooked in tamarind water with some assorted Indian spices. - 0
Savory Seven Bean Soup
1) In a 5-quart crockpot, add 8 cups of water, 2 cups of the bean mix and chopped onions.
2) Cook on LOW for about 6 hours. Keep stirring occasionally.
3) Add in the tomatoes and green chiles, ham, garlic and whole tomatoes. Continue to cook on low for... - 36.8758
Biryani With Caramelized Onions
1) In a large saucepan, put the lentils, spices, rice, bay leaf, onion, cauliflower, carrot, peas and sultanas in a large saucepan, add the salt and pepper to taste and mix together.
2) Stir in the stock, allow to the boil, then simmer covered for 15... - 44.7657
Biryani With Onions
1) Cut the veggies, as desired
2) In a large pan, combine rice, lentils, spices, onion, bay leafs, carrot, peas, cauliflower and raisins.
3) Season the mixture with salt and pepper and stir in stock.
4) Boil the stock and keep on low... - 46.2855
Lucky Bean Soup
Lucky Bean Soup is an amazingly delicious recipe. An easy to prepare recipe, Lucky Bean Soup is a dish that you will definetely love to share with your friends and family. - 46.0777
Macher Matha Diye Mug Dal
Machher Matha Diye Mug Daal (Lentil with Fish Head) is a very popular Bengali recipe, which is served mainly on festive days or in any family get-together. The recipe tastes best with the fish head of Rohu fish. As for the lentil, use small sized split moong... - 50.1869
These are the fritters made with lentils and deep fried. - 34.221
Spinach Sour Soup
Soak the barley and chick peas overnight in a pan with water to cover.
The next day rinse and add fresh water to cover.
Bring to boil over high heat.
Reduce heat and add the split peas.
Cover and simmer about one hour.
Add the spinach, tomato paste, garlic,... - 43.6701
Country Kitchen Soup
1) Wash beans and all other legumes.
2) Cover with cold water and set aside to soak overnight.
3) Take a saucepan and drained beans and legumes.
4) Stir in water and ham bone.
5) Bring the mixture to a boil. Cover and reduce heat.... - 48.7741
Chana Dal Lauki
Want a vegan wholesome dish that has both vegetables and protein? Well, watch this video where chef Manjula is making Chana dal lauki, its yellow lentil and bottle gourd curry. She makes it little spicy with some whole and powdered spices. Bottle gourds are... - 121.018
Sweet Mango Patia With Fried Bananas
• Peel the mangoes. Cut the cheek on each side in four pieces; so you should get 48 pieces. Set aside.
• Roll the bananas on a wooden board, peel and cut into 1" pieces. Heat oil in a frying pan, preferably non-stick, and when the oil is hot, fry the... - 32.7251
An excelent breakfast recipe.Your children will love it i say!!!!!!!!!!!! You can also use as a side dish for lunch or dinner and serve with rice. - 42.5092
My family loves this Khichdi Recipe .Khichdi is a unique Indian dish. It is also known as khichdee ,khichadi ,khichuri, and khichadi. Khichdi is an Indian dish that contains a combination of rice and lentils .It is generally eaten during illness period as it... - 41.0283
Chitrannam - Mama's Lemon Rice
Chitrannam is a south Indian Rice preparation which is usually prepared on festivals. I prefer this lemon flavored rice over the spicy Pulao or Biryani any time of the day. Here is my Mama’s recipe for this Lemon Rice. - 0
Doodhi With Moong Dhal
1. Peel the doodhi and cut it into small pieces. Bring about 850 ml / 1 1/2 pints of salted water to the boil and drop in the doodhi. Boil for about 5 minutes. Drain the water and set the doodhi aside.
2. Wash and pick over the moong dhal for any stones, etc.... - 38.1005
Shallot Sambar - South Indian
There are so many varieties of making Sambar and here is one of them. The sweet shallots cooked with tangy, spicy lentil soup is a perfect side dish for any meal to make it complete and flavorful. Shallot Sambar recipe that I shared here is our family's... - 0
Veggie Masala Burger
This is the best-tasting veggie burger I have ever eaten! The spice and veggie combination gives a wonderful flavor and terrific texture. - 45.9997