Indian Lentil Curry
Lentil Potato Curry
- » Red Lentil Potato Curry
Red Lentil Potato Curry Recipes
Enjoy our collection of Red Lentil Potato Curry recipes submitted, reviewed and rated by ifood.tv community. Meet people who are looking for Red Lentil Potato Curry recipes.
Curried Lentils And Potatoes
1. Scrub potatoes and cut them into 1/4-inch slices.
2. Rinse tomatoes, core, and cut each into 6 wedges.
3. In a 12- to 14-inch frying pan, combine potatoes, tomatoes, lentils, broth, and curry powder. Bring to a boil over high heat, stirring... - 30.6593
Lentil And Sweet Potato Curry
Planning what to served the guests tonite…here is a video which shows how to make a delectable curry of lentils and sweet potatoes. The curry is delicious and pairs well with breads and rice. Your guests are going to love it! - 125.902
Channa Dal Curry
The Chef shows how to make Channa Dal which is used as a accompaniment for puranpoli. It is also called Katachi Amti in India. It's really tasty and you can always make Channa Dal in your regular cooking as well. - 130.962
Chicken Curry With Spiced Lentils
1. Heat oil in a saucepan over a medium heat, add garlic, coriander, turmeric and cardamom and cook, stirring, for 2 minutes. Add chicken and cook, stirring, for 4 minutes or until brown.
2. Add stock, coconut milk, potatoes and red pepper and mix to combine.... - 37.7461
Curried Vegetables With Dahi
Rinse the lentils or split peas.
Lentils cook faster and absorb less water than split peas, so use 4 cups of water for lentils, 5 cups of water for split peas.
In a covered saucepan, bring the water and lentils or peas to a boil.
Reduce the heat, uncover, and... - 44.9235
Vegetable Lentil Burgers
1) In a saucepan, place the lentils, potato and carrot with just enough cold water to cover. Let soak.
2) Preheat the grill moderately.
3) Boil the lentils and vegetables rapidly for 10 minutes, then cover and simmer over a moderate heat... - 47.3072
Easy Dhokar Dalna
This is a very tasty recipe made of bengal gram (lentil). It is so tasty that you will be surprised and that is why the name. It is by itself a whole meal. Try it today. - 49.5194
Gourmet Lentil Burgers
1. Place lentils, mashed potato, milk, egg, spring onions, garlic, cumin, coriander, curry powder and black pepper to taste in a bowl and mix well.
2. Shape lentil mixture into eight patties and cook under a preheated grill for 5 minutes each side or until... - 37.6239
Spicy Lentil Soup
Heat the oil in a large saucepan.
Add the garlic, onion, and ginger, and fry gently for 2-3 minutes.
Add the parsnip, potato, and celery to the pan and continue to fry gently for 3 minutes.
Stir the curry paste through the vegetables and cook for a further... - 41.1984
Hearty Lentil Soup
This Hearty Lentil Soup is simply guilt free eating at its best. The flavors of bacon, maple, and apple, blends perfectly with the sweet heat of the cumin and curry making this an absolutely delicious weekend meal. - 119.861
Lentils With Vegetables And Tamarind
1. Mix together the toor and masoor dhal and wash them twice, running your fingers through them.
2. Drain them and put in a heavy-based saucepan. Add to this the ginger, garlic, turmeric, chilli powder, ground coriander, salt to taste, onion and curry leaves,... - 35.562
Sambhar - Lentil And Vegetable Soup
If you're planning to make sambhar, then you must try this recipe. Chef Bhavna shows how to make the delicious sambhar. This is a very famous South Indian dish. Sambhar is served with hot idlis and dosa. Do try out this recipe and don't forget to watch the... - 111.032
Vegetable Rice With Lentils
Heat the oil in a heavy-based saucepan, add the curry leaves and green chillies, and fry for 2 minutes.
Add the onion and fry for 2-3 minutes over a medium heat.
Gradually add the tomatoes, ginger, garlic, dried red chillies, turmeric, diced potato, carrots... - 42.4023
Vegetarian Shepherd's Pie
1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
2. Simmer white and sweet potatoes in a pot filled with water for 45 minutes or until they can be pierced easily using a fork.
3. Strain and keep aside 2 cups water.
4. Add 1 cup water to the pot back and... - 46.1439
South Indian Sambar With Drumsticks
Pressure cook the toover dal with the turmeric powder, asafoetida and salt, and one sprig of curry leaves.
Wash the cut vegetables and place them in salted water and cook them till tender along with the onions and tomato pieces. Add the cooked dal and mix... - 37.8581
Kerala Drumstick Dal Gravy
Wash both the dals well and cook them in salted water in a pressure cooker. Set aside. Boil a pan of water. Add salt, the whole spices and the stringed pieces of drumsticks and cook them till tender but intact.
Grind the masala till butter soft.
If you are... - 39.7035
Vegetable Curry And Spiced Dal
Vegetable curry is always a great meal! In this video, watch a step-by-step instruction to preparing a great meal of vegetable curry with dal. Filled with the goodness of mixed vegetables, the curry is made with soy milk. A great meal, with great flavors! - 120.604
Bean Ki Tarkari
Bean Ki Tarkari has a great taste. Bean Ki Tarkari gets its taste from beans mixed with chilies and urhad dal. Bean Ki Tarkari is inspired by many food joints worldwide. - 32.4185
Ghassey has a fine taste. Ghassey gets its taste from potatoes mixed with urhad dal and chilies. Ghassey is cherished by food lovers. - 40.9393
Potatoes Peas / Aloo Matar Sabji
Demonstrating how to make Dry Aloo Matar Sabji i.e. Potatoes and Green Peas fry using simple Indian spices. Great side dish with lentils and other curry dishes. Enjoy it in a wrap or with Roti. - 0
Tindora (ivy Gourd) And Potato Stir Fry
Tindora or Ivy Gourd is commonly known by different names in India like - parwal, kundru, tondli, toroda, kunduri and so on. There are a variety of recipes from all over the world that list ivy gourd as the main ingredient. It is often compared to bitter... - 0
Masoor Dal Sabji Wali
In a pan, bring the water to a boil over medium heat.
Add the lentils, garlic, turmeric, and salt.
Reduce the heat, cover partially, and simmer for 15-20 minutes or until the lentils are almost cooked.
Stir in all the vegetables, cover, and continue cooking... - 48.3888
Special Kerala-style Sambar
Someone who is not from Kerala is sure to ask “What is so special about Kerala Sambar?” The answer you are likely to get from someone who is from Kerala is “It’s different from the from the typical Sambars made in the other South Indian states.”... - 110.501
Whole Masoor Dal Khichdi
Wash the rice and lentils together, drain them into a sieve and then set aside.
Melt the ghee in a medium-sized saucepan, add the onions, onion seeds, mustard seeds and curry leaves and fry for 2 minutes.
Lower the heat and add the remaining spices.
Next, add... - 41.1426
Bisi Bele Bath
Traditional South Indian style dish where rice and vegetables are cooked in tamarind water with some assorted Indian spices. - 0
Veggie Masala Burger
This is the best-tasting veggie burger I have ever eaten! The spice and veggie combination gives a wonderful flavor and terrific texture. - 45.9997
Chitrannam - Mama's Lemon Rice
Chitrannam is a south Indian Rice preparation which is usually prepared on festivals. I prefer this lemon flavored rice over the spicy Pulao or Biryani any time of the day. Here is my Mama’s recipe for this Lemon Rice. - 0
Idli And Sambar
Idli is an amazing South Indian sort of dumpling. steamed rice cake. It is made by steaming batter — traditionally made from pulses (specifically black lentils) and rice — into patties, usually two to three inches in diameter, using a mold.
Most often... - 60.5201