- » Red Currant
Red Currant Recipes
Enjoy our collection of red currant recipes submitted, reviewed and rated by ifood.tv community. Meet people who are looking for red currant recipes.
Almond Crusted Yellow Perch With Balsamic And Red Currant Reduction
Robin is at Lake Erie, Ohio and she has found some fresh perch to prepare for a meal. In the video, she cooks the lovely perch over a boat and impresses her hosts to the T. Watch the video and prepare the crunchy perch which is served with a sweet and sour... - 124.209
Apple And Red Currant Flan
1) Preheat the oven to 375°F.
2) Roll out the pastry dough on a floured surface. Take an 8-inch flan ring over a baking sheet and line with the pastry sheet.
3) Take half the amount of the red currant jelly and spread it over the pie... - 46.6916
Red Currant Griestorte
1. Grease and line a Swiss roll tin measuring 8"X12" with non stick paper
2. Grease the paper, dust it with flour and sprinkle castor sugar
3. In a bowl, whisk the egg yolks and sugar until thick and pale in colour; add lemon juice and... - 46.2021
Red Currant Layer Cake
1) Preheat oven to temperature of 375 degrees.
2) Grease 2 sandwich tins of 7-inches each. Line the bottoms with non-stick parchment or greased greaseproof paper.
3) In a bowl put the sugar and butter. Beat well till the mixture is light... - 45.8317
Red Currant Jugged Hare
Joint the hare or ask the butcher to do it for you.
Retain the blood.
Gently fry streaky bacon in a frying pan until the fat runs out.
Remove bacon to a casserole and fry joints of hare until golden brown, remove to the casserole.
Add butter to the frying pan... - 45.654
Red Currant Glazed Chocolate Orange Cake
1) Preheat oven moderately to 350°F.
2) Grease a 9-inch springform pan. Arrange a wax paper greased with butter at the base of the pan.
3) Sprinkle flour at the inside of the pan and tap out the excess.
4) Using a food processor,... - 44.4864
Red Currant Cheesecake
Lightly grease a 9 inch loose bottomed cake tin with the teaspoon of butter.
In a medium sized mixing bowl, combine the crushed biscuits [crackers], the remaining melted butter and the cinnamon together with a wooden spoon.
Line the base of the cake tin with... - 43.7047
Farina Pudding With Red Currant Sauce
Farina Pudding With Red Currant Sauce is a delicious mouth-watering dessert recipe. Try this amazingly irresistible Farina Pudding With Red Currant Sauce; I bet you will get a lot of compliments for this one! - 43.4019
Guinea Fowl With Red Currant
Put the shallots in a bowl with the butter.
Microwave, uncovered, on HIGH for 3 minutes.
Heat a browning dish in the microwave oven for 6-8 minutes, following the manufacturer's instructions.
Cut the guinea fowl in half and remove the backbone and wing... - 42.3973
Chicken With Red Currant And Mustard Glaze
Wash and pat dry chicken pieces.
Rub a little salt into both sides of the chicken.
To make sauce, melt butter in a small saucepan.
Saute for about 1 minute.
Stir in brown sugar, then add remaining ingredients.
Cook for 4 to 5... - 42.3423
Rhubarb And Red Currant Fingers
Rhubarb And Redcurrant Fingers makes the best to add to your party menu. It is the rich and royale flavors of redcurrant jelly and rhubarb that add to the yum factor of the Rhubard and Redcurrant Fingers. Just give this jelly dessert a try. - 42.184
Red Currant And Raspberry Mousse
1) In a saucepan, put the water and sugar. Gently heat till the sugar has dissolved, stirring all the while.
2) Add the fruit and continue cooking gently for some minutes till the juice begins to run out.
3) Sieve to make a puree and keep aside till it... - 41.8274
Sardines With Red Currant
1. Preheat the grill and line the grill rack with tinfoil 2-3 minutes before cooking.
2. Warm the redcurrant jelly in a bowl standing over a pan of gently simmering water and stir until smooth. Add the lime rind and sherry to the bowl and stir well until... - 41.8016
Healthy Red Currant Cheesecake
Mix together the crushed biscuits, melted butter and cinnamon.
Press into the bottom of a greased loose-bottomed 23 cm/9 in cake tin.
Smooth the surface.
Beat the cream cheese and sugar together until well mixed.
Stir in the single cream and 500 g/1 lb of the... - 41.5394
Chicken With Red Currant Sauce
1) In a skillet, saute the chicken breasts in the oil until tender and evenly brown on both the sides.
2) Cut the lemon and lime rinds into thin strips, place in the boiling water, drain and refresh with cold water.
3) In a pan, melt the Colman's... - 41.4366
Red Currant Tart
1) Preheat the oven to 200°C/400°F or Gas Mark 6.
2) Roll out the dough on a floured surface and line a 8 inch ovenproof pie plate.
3) Make small cuts around the edge of the dough 3/4 inch apart.
4) Brush the edge with water, then... - 41.0933
Grilled Kidneys With Red Currant Sauce
Place kidneys in medium bowl, add enough cold water to cover, stand for 1 hour.
Peel away membrane.
Cut kidneys in half lengthwise, drain on absorbent paper.
Remove hard core and any fat from centres of kidney halves.
Pre-heat griller to high.
Thread 3... - 41.067
Raspberry And Red Currant Tarts
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F
2. In a large enamel coated or stainless steel saucepan, combine the fruit and sugar
3. Place pan on low heat and cook the fruit, stirring gently to melt the sugar and make a syrup.
4. Take and add lemon... - 40.6092
Spiced Red Currant Jelly
Combine the currants, water, cinnamon, and cloves in a heavy-bottomed preserving kettle.
Crush with a potato masher.
Cover and cook together 10 minutes, crushing 2-3 times to extract all the juice.
Pour the cooked fruit into a moistened jelly bag and let drip... - 40.3303
Raspberry And Red Currant Summer Pudding
Pick over the raspberries carefully, removing any that show signs of mold.
Combine with the currants and sugar in a heavy-bottomed saucepan.
Let stand 1 hour to start the juices running.
Place over medium heat 5 minutes to dissolve the sugar.
The... - 40.098
Raspberry And Red Currant Compote
Yummy Raspberry And Red Currant Compote is another thing all together. Surprise your family with your Raspberry And Red Currant Compote, I am sure they would not have tasted anything like it! - 40.0165
Crepes Suzette With Red Currant Jelly
1. Through a sieve run the flour and salt together.
2. In a bowl or a container gradually beat in eggs, milk and water such that the batter is very smooth.
3. In a crepe pan heat a little butter, cover base of pan with a very thin layer of batter and... - 39.7561
Red Currant And Berry Pudding Loaf
In heavy saucepan, combine blueberries, red currants and sugar; cook over low heat for about 5 minutes or until juicy and fruit is slightly tender.
Remove from heat; add raspberries and strawberries.
Meanwhile, line 8- x 4-inch (1.5 L) loaf pan with... - 39.6749
Roast Pheasant With Cream And Red Currant Sauce
1) Into each bird cavity, put an ounce of butter and a half onion
2) Rub the bird with 1/2 ounce of butter all over
3) Sprinkle in pepper, salt and cover with sliced of bacon
4) Tie the bacon securely around the pheasant
5) Melt 1 1.2 ounce of butter... - 39.6143
Viennese Red Currant Ice
1. Wash the currants and peel them and remove the stalks from them. Simmer the fruit with the redcurrant jelly, hot water, tomato, raspberries, juice and rind of lemon, sugar and coloring till you have a pulp. Set aside to cool
2. When... - 39.0117
Herb And Red Currant Stuffed Duck
Bone the duck.
Put it on a board with the neck towards you and cut off the wing and leg tips at the joint.
Place breast side down.
Using a sharp knife, slit through to the bone along its back.
Ease the flesh away from one side of the back and rib cage, then... - 38.8317
Red Currant Leg Of Lamb
Warm the redcurrant jelly with the water in a pan and stir in the mustard.
Rub the lamb all over with salt and crushed garlic.
Heat the butter in a fry pan and brown the joint on all sides.
Transfer to the Slo cooker and pour over the redcurrant... - 38.319
Red Currant Tart
Put 8 oz. plain flour on a board, and with a pastry cutter cut 5 oz. butter into the flour.
Add 2 egg yolks and 3 tablespoons cream; with hand, work into a soft dough that barely holds together.
Form into a ball, wrap in foil and put in the refrigerator until... - 38.0025
Smoked Cornish Hens With Red Currant Sauce
1. Preheat oven to 275 degrees.
2. In a food processor process combining jelly, wine, orange juice, allspice, salt and pepper until well blended.
3. In a deep roasting pan place hens in a single layer and baste with jelly mixture.
4.... - 36.8928
Red Currant Jelly
Wash the fruit and put it in the pressure cooker with the water.
Put on the lid and bring to medium (10 lb) pressure.
Cook for 5 minutes.
Reduce pressure slowly.
Strain the fruit through a jelly cloth or 2-3 thicknesses of muslin.
Measure the extract, return... - 36.8813
Red Currant Cobbler
Combine granulated sugar, brown sugar, butter, and red currants.
Put in greased 2-quart baking dish.
Sift together flour and baking powder.
Beat in egg and cream.
Sprinkle over currant mixture.
Bake in preheated hot oven (400°F.) for about 35 minutes, or... - 36.7195
Lamb In Red Currant And Mint Sauce
Trim the chops and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
Melt half the butter in a frying pan, add the chops and cook for 10 to 15 minutes on each side.
Drain and transfer to a warmed serving dish.
Melt the remaining butter in the pan, add the onion and... - 36.3785
Marinated Red Currant Chicken
Melt the jelly in a saucepan.
Stir in the lemon juice, oil, stock, mustard, Worcestershire sauce and salt and pepper to taste.
Arrange the chicken pieces in a shallow dish, in one layer, and pour over the jelly mixture.
Cover and leave to marinate... - 36.2224
Red Currant Ice
Put currants and 1/2 cup water into a saucepan.
Cover and simmer over moderate heat 15 minutes.
Push through a sieve.
Measure out 1 1/4 cups currant juice and puree.
Boil together the 1 1/4 cups water and sugar for 5 minutes.
Cool slightly and combine with... - 35.4464
Avocado With Red Currant Vinaigrette
4. In a blender bowl, tip in the 4 parts oil and 1 part lemon juice and blend well
5. Add in a sufficient amount of redcurrants to color the sauce pink, thicken it and give a good sharp flavor. Blend this well again
6. Add sugar, salt and pepper to... - 34.902
Bacon Steaks With Red Currant Sauce
Snip the fat edges of the steaks to prevent curling.
Brush with a little melted butter and place under a preheated moderate grill (broiler) for 5 minutes.
Slice the apple into four rings and remove the core from each.
Brush with butter.
Turn the bacon steaks... - 34.9003
Red Currant Charlotte With Mint
Red Currant Charlotte With Mint is simply a delicious recipe. I am sure the mouth-watering taste of Red Currant Charlotte With Mint will surely tempt you to prepare this dish on every party! - 34.7772
Deep Fried Camembert With Red Currant Sauce
Sift flour into basin, make well in centre, gradually stir in beer (beer can be freshly poured, or flat), beat until smooth.
Allow to stand at room temperature for 1 hour.
Cut camembert into quarters, roll in extra flour, shake off excess flour.
Dip cheese in... - 34.0993
Red Currant Jelly
Combine red currants and water in a saucepan.
Crush with a potato masher.
Simmer 10-15 minutes or until the fruit is tender.
Mash once or twice to encourage the formation of juice.
Pour into a jelly bag and let drain overnight.
The next day, measure... - 33.6737
Red Currant Recipes By Category