- » Ragu
Enjoy our collection of ragu recipes submitted, reviewed and rated by ifood.tv community. Meet people who are looking for ragu recipes.
Slow Cooked Short Rib Ragu
Do enjoy slow cooked food? Slow cooked food has wonderful aroma which rises as the food gets cooked in the slow cooker. This video shows one of the most simple recipes of slow cooked short ribs ragu. Enjoy the ragu and the aroma too. - 120.959
Moms Hearty Meat Ragu
A classic hearty ragu that pairs perfectly with a wider shaped noodle like fresh taglietelle or a dry noodle like penne. Make sure you let this sauce sit overnight so the flavors become more pronounced. - 113.522
Lamb And Bone Ragu
Don't throw that bone away - whack it in your tomato sauce to give it more flavour! - 112.272
1. In a pot on medium high, add onions and fry for 10 minutes until translucent.
2. Add mushrooms, garlic and cook for another 10 minutes.
3. Add in the rosemary, stock, salt and pepper. Stir well and simmer on medium high for 40 minutes.
4.... - 111.327
Salmon With Corn Chorizo Ragu
Watch Chef James Taylor making a unique salmon recipe with an outstanding presentation. This video shows a great way to impress your guests with your excellent culinary skills. See this wonderful video that would surely share an amazing cooking experience. - 102.206
Pork Ragu In Red Sauce With Ziti
If you are wondering what to make this Sunday then go by our suggestion and create the recipe in the video. A lovely wholesome ragu of pork with a flavorful sauce served with pasta, the dish is going to compliment your Sunday mood and leave you asking for... - 101.644
Healthy Lamb Ragu With Whole Wheat Pasta
Lean ground lamb, eggplant and tomato puree are combined in this classic Italian-style dish with the addition of toasted walnuts, and low-fat feta cheese tossed with whole wheat pasta. Together they deliver a complex, hearty, earthy and truly satisfying one... - 98.7791
Italian Style Duck Leg Ragu For Pasta
If you have some duck legs in your freezer and don’t know what to do with them, its a treasure that should be used to make a classic Italian ragu or meat sauce. Chef John uses shows you a really simple way to use duck legs to make a robust and flavorful... - 95.5751
Penne Pasta With Spicy Sausage Ragu
Pasta dishes make such simple and quick meals especially during busy weeknights. The best thing about pasta is that they make all inclusive one pot meals that easily please the kids. The key ingredient however is the pasta sauce. - 92.8153
Spicy Southern Style Deviled Shrimp Ragu
This recipe is a refined take on the southern style classic barbecued shrimp and grits. Chef John shows you how to make a really simple but flavorful shrimp dish that can be served with a corn custard instead of grits to make a really elegant appetizer. For... - 92.7152
1. Peel and dice the carrots, slice the onion, set aside.
2. In a large deep saucepan pour oil and add the carrots, onions, salt and the ground meat, stir and cook until the meat is cooked completely and reduced, on medium high heat or... - 88.5978
Rigatoni With Wild Mushroom Ragu
1) In a large pot, bring salted water to a boil.
2) To the boiling water, add the pasta.
3) When the pasta is cooked, drain it well.
4) In a Dutch oven, heat the olive oil over medium heat.
5) In the hot oil, add the onion, and saute... - 46.9816
Chicken, Tomato And Rosemary Ragu
Place chicken, celery, onion and wine in a pan with cold water to cover.
Bring slowly to a simmer over medium-low heat.
Simmer gently without boiling until cooked through, 7-10 minutes.
Cool completely in cooking liquid.
Drain, reserving liquid, and cut... - 45.8229
Rigatoni Dragged With Florentine Meat Ragu
Heat the oil in a medium saucepan over medium heat.
As soon as the oil is nice and hot, add the onion, carrot, and celery, and cook, stirring, until the vegetables begin to soften, about 5 minutes.
Add the rosemary, parsley, and garlic, and stir until the... - 45.7695
Chickpea And White Bean Ragu With Collard Greens
1. In two separate pots Place the chickpeas and beans, cover them both with water and bring the water to a boil.
2. Reducing the heat, simmer them both until they are tender, approximately 1 hour for the beans and 2 hours for the chickpeas, drain and... - 45.3869
Spicy Sausage Ragu With Pasta
Heat oil in a large frying pan.
Cook onion and garlic over medium-high heat, stirring frequently, until soft and pale gold, 5 minutes.
Cook, stirring to break up, until coloured, 10 minutes.
Add chilli flakes, fennel, oregano, tomato puree and... - 45.1371
Classic Ragu Bolognese With Pasta
Melt butter and oil in a large, heavy-based pot over medium-high heat.
Add pancetta and cook, stirring frequently, until coloured, 5 minutes.
Add onion, carrot, celery, garlic and bay leaf and cook, stirring frequently, until soft, 8 minutes.
Add minced steak... - 44.2228
Grilled Tuna With Navy Bean Ragu
1) In a pot, place the beans, cover with water and bring to a boil. Then simmer on a low heat for about 45 minutes until tender. Drain the beans and reserve 3/4 cup cooking water, keep aside.
2) In a non-metallic bowl, mix 1 tablespoon olive oil,... - 44.152
Veal Ragu With Campanelle Pasta
1) Cut the vegetables, as desired.
2) In a large deep skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat.
3) Add veal and brown for 2-3 minutes.
4) Add onion, bay leaf, carrot and garlis and season with pepper and salt.
5) Let the veggies become... - 44.0212
Trofie Al Ragu E Pesto - Trofie With A Touch Of Meat And Pesto
1. For Preparing Bolognese Meat Sauce
2. Take a pan and add little oil, lightly brown the chopped onion, and cook it with chopped mushrooms and minced meat.
3. Add tomatoes and little wine to the mixture and simmer it on low heat for about 90 minutes.... - 43.8819
1. Onto a cutting board, put chopped ham, onions, carrots and celery, and chop them together into very small pieces.
2. In a frying pan, melt the butter over a moderate, when the foam subsides, add the ham mixture and cook, stirring often, for about 10... - 43.2241
Lean Meat Ragu Bolognese
1 in a thick-based saucepan, heat the oil.
2 Add in the onion, bacon and garlic and cook for 5 minutes.
3 Increase the heat, and add in the chicken livers and minced beef.
4 Brown them, stirring with a wooden spoon.
5 Pour in the contents of... - 43.2057
Spaghetti Ragu Ala Bolognese
In a large skillet heat the oil.
Fry the meats thoroughly, drain excess oil.
Add the vegetables and continue to cook until vegetables are tender.
Add the parsley, tomato, broth, wine, seasonings and Worcestershire.
Reduce heat and simmer for 30... - 41.4185
Season the beef.
Put the olive oil in a large casserole and set over a medium heat.
Brown the beef on all sides, then remove to a plate.
Add the onion and cook, for 5 minutes, stirring.
Then add the garlic and chilli and cook for a further 1 minute before... - 41.179
Malloreddus Con Il Ragu Di Agnello Alla Sarda
With a sharp, pointed knife, make several small incisions all along the leg of lamb and insert slivers of garlic and sprigs of rosemary.
Rub the leg with salt, pepper and oil.
Heat the rest of the oil in a pan that can be transferred to the oven later.
Brown... - 40.8445
Combine ham, onions, carrots and celery on a cutting board and chop them together into small pieces.
Melt butter in a heavy 10-12-inch skillet over moderate heat.
When the foam subsides, add chopped mixture, cook for about 10 minutes, stirring... - 40.5775
Ragu Al Forno
Preheat oven to 200°C (400°F) Gas 6.
For bechamel, melt butter over medium heat in a heavy saucepan.
Whisk in flour and cook until foaming, about 1 minute.
Remove from heat and pour in milk gradually, whisking constantly.
Return to heat and cook, whisking... - 40.1871
Lemon Tagliarini With Duck Ragu
The lemon pasta really complements the savory ragu well here. In Florence we used both fine semolina and "00" flour for the pasta dough (50/50) and just yolks instead of the whole egg. I've streamlined my fresh pasta video to make it a little easier for the... - 40.0405
Zitoni Col Ragu Napoletano
This is traditionally cooked in an earthenware pot but any large heavy pan may be used.
Tie the pork leg very firmly to keep it in shape.
Put the butter, margarine, oil, chopped onion and carrot, bay leaf and meat (with the salami if used) into the pan and... - 39.8267
Baked Potatoes With Wild Mushroom Ragu
Grace Parisi likes using a mix of shiitake, oyster, chanterelle and button mushrooms for this succulent ragù to top baked potatoes, but any combination will work.
Picture Credit: John Kernick
Recipe By: Grace Parisi
Pairing Notes: Beer This... - 38.0143
Bolognese Meat Sauce (ragu Bolognese)
Melt butter in a skillet.
Stir in onion, carrot, and celery.
Cook until tender.
Add meat and cook over low heat 10 to 15 minutes.
Add tomato sauce, wine, 1/4 cup broth, salt, and pepper; mix well.
Simmer about 1 1/4 hours.
Stir in remaining broth, a small... - 37.6866
Bolognese Style Pork Ragu Over Spaghetti Squash
1. Brown pork in 3-quart saucepan over medium-high heat, stirring to break up meat. Add celery and onion; cook and stir 5 minutes over medium heat or until vegetables are tender. Add garlic, cook and stir 1 minute. Stir in tomato paste and Italian... - 37.6436
Tomato Meat Sauce (ragu Di Pomodoro)
Heat olive oil in a large saucepot.
Add onion and cook until lightly browned.
Add the meat and brown on all sides.
Stir in tomatoes and salt.
Add bay leaf.
Cover and simmer about 2 1/2 hours.
Stir tomato paste into sauce.
Simmer, uncovered, stirring... - 37.0781
Ragu Bolognese Using Dry White Wine
1. Melt the butter in a 10 to 12 inch saucepan or 2 quart enameled or stainless-steel casserole. Add the vegetables (the soffritto, as the Italians call it) and cook, stirring frequently, for about 10 minutes or until the vegetables are lightly brown.
2. Add... - 36.5196
Quick Ragu Bolognese
1. In a large skillet, heat the butter and oil and saute the mushroom slices for 2 minutes. Remove with a slotted spoon and transfer to a medium saucepan.
2. Add the garlic and saute for 1 minute. Add the chicken livers and saute until they are light brown on... - 36.0554
Corzetti Pasta With Veal Ragu
1. In a large heatproof glass measuring cup, soak the dried porcini in the hot water until softened, about 15 minutes. Using a slotted spoon, scoop out the mushrooms and squeeze them to release excess liquid back into the cup. Chop the mushrooms. Reserve the... - 33.4597
Brown the mince in the olive oil, cooking it until all excess liquid has evaporated and the meat starts to smell appetizing.
Add the vegetables and cook until they have a little colour.
Add the tomatoes with their juice and the bay leaves, but don't add salt... - 32.7539
Tagliatelle In Ragu Bolognese
1. In a large nonreactive saucepan or flameproof casserole, melt butter over medium heat. Add onion and pancetta and cook 3 to 4 minutes, or until pancetta is lightly browned and onion is soft. Add chicken livers, increase heat to medium-high, and cook,... - 32.1316
Salsa Al Ragu
Adapted from Singing Chef Pasquale Cookery Show on PBS Canada. - 31.9866
Spaghetti With Bacon Ragu
Heat the oil in a large heavy-based saucepan. Add the onions and fry until golden brown. Add the garlic and cook for a further 1 minute. Stir in the bacon and fry, stirring, for 5 minutes.
Sprinkle over the flour and cook, stirring, for 1 minute. Add the... - 31.8644
Pappardelle With Milk Roasted Baby Goat Ragu
1. Preheat the oven to 300° In a medium enameled cast-iron casserole, heat 3 tablespoons of the olive oil over moderately high heat. Season the goat meat with salt and black pepper and add it to the casserole. Cook over moderately high heat, turning once,... - 31.7986
Fusilli With Lamb And Tomato Ragu
1. In a large heavy saucepan, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add garlic and onion and cook, stirring, 3 to 4 minutes, or until soft. Add lamb to pan and cook 3 to 4 minutes, stirring, until lamb loses its pinkness.
Add wine, raise heat to high, and cook,... - 30.7153
Lamb Chops And Ragu With Malloreddus
1. In a medium saucepan, heat 2 tablespoons of the oil. Add the lamb, season with salt and pepper and cook over moderately high heat, stirring to break up the meat, until browned, about 4 minutes. Add the shallots, onion, thyme and rosemary sprigs and bay... - 28.7492
Spaghetti Alla Chitarra Col Ragu Di Maiale
Melt the lard in a pan and add the finely chopped onion and the chilli pepper.
After 5 minutes, add the pork and stir around until it begins to brown.
Now add the chopped tomatoes with their juice and salt to taste and cook for about 30 minutes.
Cook the... - 27.0451
Tagliatelle With Pork And Beef Ragu
1. Trim excess fat from pork and beef. In a nonreactive large saucepan, heat oil over medium heat. Add pork and beef and cook, turning several times to brown evenly, about 4 to 5 minutes. Remove meat to a bowl and reserve. Add onion, carrot, and celery and... - 26.4281
Quick Polenta With Sausage Ragu
1. Preheat oven to 350°. Use 1 tablespoon butter to grease an 18 x 1-inch baking pan. In a large saucepan, bring water and salt to a boil over high heat. Stir polenta into boiling water in a slow steady stream. Reduce heat to medium and continue stirring 5... - 23.569
Tagliatelle Al Ragu
It's hardly a secret in NYC. Al Di La in Park Slope, Brooklyn serves up some of the best pasta around. Chef Anna Klinger shows us how they do it... and bonus... we think she's really cool. - 13.3657
Spinach Lasagna(e) With Homemade Ragu
1. Preheat the oven at 375 degrees F.
2. In a pan add in the beef and pork, break with spoon and cook for few minutes.
3. Add in celery, onion, and carrot. Stir in and cover the pan, cook for few minutes.
4. Season with salt and pepper... - 0
Italian Food: Ez Mushroom Ragu
This is a delicious dish of Polenta with a Mushroom Ragu or as they say in Italian Polenta Con Ragu Di Funghi! This is just a nice Italian comfort dish that is warming and so good to have on a cold winter night. Try this dish out and make it your own. - 0
Chicken And Chorizo Ragu With Mozzarella Mashed Potatoes
Join the Kitchen Witch as she demonstrates another delicious original recipe! Today's savoury, slow braised Chicken and Chorizo Ragu with Roasted Garlic Mozzarella Mashed Potatoes will provide enough winter comfort to warm any hearts this Valentines Day! - 0
Ragu Recipes By Category