Rachael Domenica Ray, also known as Rachael Ray is a popular American celebrity chef, media personality and author of many cookbooks. She is a well-known host of famous cookery show 30 Minutes Meals. Rachael was born in New York on 25th August 1968. The family of Chef Rachael Ray owned 4 restaurants and her mother looked after ones in upstate New York. Ray inherited the culinary skills from her family especially her maternal grandfather who was fond of cooking. Rachael is an enthusiastic cook who has a Mediterranean style of cooking combined with American culinary traditions. She got married to a lead singer of the rock band, The Cringe, John Cusimano. Rachael Ray is a host of many TV shows and she has also won a Daytime Emmy Awards for them.
Professional Life Of Chef Rachael Ray
Rachael started her career in 1995 by managing fresh foods department at Macy’s. She then became the manager at Mister Brown’s Pub at Sagamore which was a hotel on Lake George. From here she moved as a buyer at Albany’s gourmet market. From the leanings here, Chef Rachael Ray started 30 Minutes Meals in which she made the people learn to cook in less than 30 minutes. The success of her classes made her feature in WRGB (an affiliate of local CBS TV) where she appeared in the newscasts. Her first cook book also got published after this and in 2001 she entered her first Food Network contract.
Food Shows By Rachael Ray
The Rachael Ray Show- A popular lifestyle show, Rachael Ray Show consists of various segments like cooking, talk to celebrity guests and a general discussion which aims to find solutions for everyday problems faced by all. This lifestyle series belongs to Oprah Winfrey’s Harpo Productions.
30 Minute Meals Show- A presentation of delicious and quick meals by Chef Rachael Ray; this show exhibits various Rachel Ray recipes ranging from sophisticated to easy and quick foods. It is a show that can be enjoyed with family and it caters to the recipes for all age groups.
$40 a day- One of the most popular food shows of Rachael where she starts her journey with only $40 and then eats out at places with this limited amount. The show features food from roadside to 5 star restaurants of all cuisines.This is a must watch show for those who travel often!
Rachael’s Vacation- The show started on Food Network on 12th January, 2008 and is basically a food talk show which highlights food of many European countries.
Rachael Ray’s week in a day- The show started on Cooking Channel in September 2010
Other TV Shows
Rachael appeared in Who Wants To Be A Millionaire in August 2009 for charity.
She also made a presence on "I Get That A Lot", a hidden camera show where she became an employee at a dry cleaning shop.
Achievements Of Chef Rachael Ray
- In year 2006, Ray was awarded with Daytime Emmy award for her show 30 Minute Meals. The award was given for the category Outstanding Service show.
- In year 2007, Ray was nominated as outstanding talk show host for Daytime Emmy awards.
- In year 2008, Rachael Ray Show became the outstanding talk show/ Entertainment and bagged a Daytime Emmy Award.
- Year 2009 brought a second award for Outstanding Talk show Entertainment and she was given a Daytime Emmy Award.
- Rachael came in the category of 100 most influential people by Time Magazine in year 2006.
- In the same year, Ray as per the report of Forbes magazine, had earned $ 6 million from the time June 2005- June 2006. This entire amount was earned through her new books and television shows.
- "The Yum-O! Organization", a charitable organization was launched by Rachael with the support of Bill Clinton in the year 2007. This organization helps children to eat healthy.
Rachael was announced as the world’s 79th most influential celebrity in June 2009 by Forbes Magazine.
Noteworthy Works Of Chef Rachael Ray
Rachael makes use of many phrases on her shows and some of them are added by Oxford American College Dictionary. EVOO for Extra- virgin Olive oil is one of them. The other popular phrases are GB- Garbage Bowl; stoup- a soup and stew combination; OMG- Oh My Gravy.
A yellow colored 61C 1950 Chambers stove is used in 30 Minutes Meals show and is distinguished for its super insulated oven, Thermowell and top open broiler.
In year 2006, Ray participated in Iron Chef America and with Mario Batali defeated Bobby Flay and Giada De Laurentiis.
In 2005, “Every day with Rachael Ray” was launched by Reader’s Digest Association.
Popular Rachael Ray Recipes
- Pasta e Fagioli with Roasted Garlic and Fennel- Delectable beans with garlic and fennel
- Shrimp and Pork Balls with Spicy Lime Dipping Sauce- Spicy meat balls served with tangy sauce.
- Tandoori Chicken with Mashed Chick Peas and Pepper and Onion Salad- A favorite cocktail dish with combination of chicken and peas.
- Rachael Ray style sweet potato French fries- A tasty French fry recipe preparation which is slightly sweet and spicy in taste.