- » Quince
Enjoy our collection of quince recipes submitted, reviewed and rated by ifood.tv community. Meet people who are looking for quince recipes.
Mediterranean Chicken And Quince Casserole
Talking about marrying different flavors, this Mediterranean chicken and quince casserole recipe is an exquisite recipe. The chicken tastes nectarous, infused with the quince and when you eat a mouthful you feel like you bit into apiece of heaven. Check out... - 118.752
Tender Seared Duck And Caramelized Quince
Wondering how to surprise your loved ones with a culinary delight so yummy that they wouldn't want to stop eating? Then watch this video and learn to make a tasty treat that everyone is guaranteed to love! - 88.2368
Apple And Quince Tart With Honey And Hazelnut Creme Fraiche
1) Preheat your oven to 200C/fan 180C/gas 6.
2) In a bowl, stir honey and hazelnuts into the creme fraiche. Set aside.
3) In a pan, add 25g butter to melt. Add chopped quince and sauté over medium heat for 10 minutes.
4) Add half... - 44.8056
1. Assemble the mise en place trays.
2. To make the filling, peel and core the quinces, reserving the seeds. Cut the quinces into julienne strips and set aside.
3. Wrap the cinnamon stick, cloves, and quince seeds in a cheesecloth bag and tie securely.
4. In... - 43.7792
Quince Custard Pie
1. Peel quinces and quarter them.
2. Preheat oven hot to 425°.
3. In a pan cook quinces until soft.
4. Process quinces through food mill to yield measuring 1 cup.
5. Stir in 1/2 cup sugar, lemon juice, nutmeg, cinnamon and butter.
6. In... - 43.5577
Quince Tarte Tatin
The Quince Tarte Tatin are eaten up even before it reaches the table. Sometimes I even have to hide them so that there is some left over for the guests. Try preparing this irresistible Quince Tarte Tatin! - 42.8796
Spanish Quince Paste
1. Wash and cut the quinces.
2. Line 3-4 shallow tins with butter or grease proof paper.
3. In a large heavy bottom saucepan, combine the quince quarters and water.
4. Place the pan on a low flame and simmer the fruit until it is soft... - 41.2353
Maple-roasted Quince And Sweet Potatoes
Maple-Roasted Quince And Sweet Potatoes! If you were looking for a filling and delicious vegetable dish, then this is your lucky day. The Maple-Roasted Quince And Sweet Potatoes is simply one of the best vegetable dishes I have come acrossI have ever tasted.... - 40.9584
Quince Curried Ham Loaf
In large bowl combine eggs and milk; stir in crumbs and onion.
Add meats and mix well.
Shape into an oval 8x6-inch loaf in 12 x 7 1/2 x 2-inch baking dish.
Bake in 350° oven for 1 hour.
Spoon off excess fat.
Cut quinces and apples into wedges; arrange around... - 40.6803
Lamb Chops With Poached Quince And Balsamic Pan Sauce
Combine apple juice and sugar in small saucepan.
Bring to boil over medium high heat, stirring until sugar dissolves.
Add quince slices and thyme sprigs.
Reduce heat to medium low, cover, and simmer until quince is tender, about 20 minutes.
Strain, reserving... - 40.1579
Quince And Apple Jelly
1. In a large heatproof bowl, tip in the apples, quinces and water
2. Cover with cling film and microwave on HIGH for 20-22 minutes
3. Stir the mixture frequently during the cooking process to ensure that the mixture does not burn.
4. Process... - 39.9822
Baked Quince Crunch
One of the most irresistable picks around, this Baked Quince Crunch has always been the favorite of my family. I have tried this Baked Quince Crunch with some of the popular combinations to make this simply delicious dish more versatile. Try out this easy... - 39.842
Pork With Quince
In a flameproof casserole big enough to take all the ingredients, heat 2 tablespoons olive oil.
Saute the onion until brown, then sprinkle with the cumin, cinnamon, cayenne and black pepper and continue frying for a minute.
Add the pork cubes and saute until... - 39.838
A day ahead, make a strong infusion of lime flowers, lemon balm or verbena, and scented geranium leaves by putting them in a glass jar with 350 ml (12 fl oz) water and standing it in the sun all day.
Alternatively, simmer them together for 15 minutes.
Peel,... - 39.6892
Place the chicken (or beef if used) in a pan with the water, bay leaf, peppercorns and salt.
Bring to boil over high heat.
Reduce heat and cover.
Simmer about thirty minutes (Longer for beef) or until tender.
Drain the liquid into a measuring cup to measure... - 39.6042
Honey Baked Quince
1. Preheat oven moderate to 350°.
2. Arrange quinces in shallow baking dish.
3. In a bowl mix honey with lemon.
4. Fill the quinces with the mixture.
5. Sprinkle sugar over it.
6. Cover the bottom of a pan with water.
7. Bake in oven... - 39.0605
Rub quinces thoroughly with a damp cloth.
Cut each quince into 4 pieces and remove stems and cores.
Place in a large saucepan with water; cook over low heat 45 minutes.
Press cooked quinces through a strainer.
Measure pulp into cups and make a note of the... - 38.4768
1) Pare, core and chop the quince into small pieces.
2) In a saucepan, stir the sugar in water until dissolved.
3) Boil the mixture for 5 minutes.
4) Add the chopped quince, ginger root and sliced lemon.
5) Simmer for about 2 hours,... - 37.0236
This special Quince Chutney with its zesty falvor and lip-smackingly delicious taste is a wonderful treat to go with any meal and occasion. Follow this quick and easy to make recipe for Quince Chutney and spruce up any meal that you think is a little bland. - 36.7199
Quince Ginger Marmalade
1) Pare the quinces and cut into small pieces.
2) In a large pot, cook the quinces in water for about 15 minutes.
3) When done, add lemon rind and juice, ginger root, and salt and boil for 15 minutes.
4) Measure the cooked quince and return to the... - 36.6347
Lamb And Quince Stew
Trim off excess fat from the lamb and cut the meat into cubes.
Place in a pan with the onions, spices, saffron and 2 1/2 cups water.
Bring gently to a boil and skim off any scum that rises to the surface.
Reduce the heat, cover, and simmer for 30 minutes.
Add... - 36.5625
Quince Spoon Sweet
1) In a large heavy, non-reactive pot, add the quinces lemon juice, grated zest and water together.
2) Stir in the sugar, ginger, cinnamon sticks and cloves. Bring the mixture to a boil, then simmer on a low heat for about 1 1/4 hours, until the... - 35.4864
Baked Chicken Quince And Butternut Squash
Preheat oven to 325°F.
Peel and cube squash.
Place in bottom of deep, buttered casserole.
Drizzle half the melted butter over squash.
Add salt and pepper to taste.
Lay breasts and legs on top of squash, skin side up.
Salt and pepper chicken and... - 35.3521
Lamb Chop Quince Saute
Trim excess fat off lamb chops.
Brown them in oil.
Lay them in shallow ovenproof dish or Dutch oven.
Saute green onions until golden and sprinkle them over the chops.
Saute quince slices until brown on both sides, adding more oil if necessary.
Lay them on top... - 34.5818
Quince And Cranberry Sauce
Bring first 5 ingredients to boil in heavy large saucepan over medium-high heat, stirring until sugar dissolves.
Reduce heat to medium-low.
Cover and simmer until quinces are soft, stirring occasionally, about 20 minutes.
Pour mixture into large strainer set... - 34.304
Quince-Apple-Cranberry Jelly is an amazingly delicious recipe version. An easy to make recipe, you will simply find this Quince-Apple-Cranberry Jelly both mouth-watering and amazingly tempting. - 34.2399
Peel, core and slice the quinces and weigh them.
Put them in the pressure cooker with the water.
Put on the lid and bring to medium (10 lb) pressure.
Cook for 10 minutes.
Reduce pressure slowly.
Mash the quinces with a fork so that they are really pulpy.
Then... - 33.8881
Quince Jelly Without Pectin
1) Without peeling the quinces, remove cores and blossom and stem ends.
2) Slice quinces and measure and add 3 cups water for each quart.
3) Boil and simmer for 45 minutes.
4) Drain through damp cotton flannel, jelly bag, or 4 layers of... - 33.4526
1. Wash the quinces thoroughly and chop them up coarsely
2. In a saucepan, add the chopped up quince along with four pints of water and simmer with a lid for ninety minutes till tender
3. When soft, squash the pulp with a potato masher,... - 33.4309
Easy Quince Jelly
Wash quince thoroughly in warm water to remove dirt and waxy coating.
Quarter and remove seeds and imperfections.
Slice seeded quince.
Add 3 3/4 quarts water and simmer covered for about 20 minutes, or until nearly soft.
Drain juice off into a cloth covered... - 32.5899
1. Combine all the ingredients in a heavy kettle and bring to a boil.
2. Cook gently, stirring occasionally, for about 3 hours, or until the mixture is quite thick.
3. Pour the hot chutney into hot sterilized jars. Seal and process in a boiling water bath for... - 32.3514
Peel quince and slice in 2 inch pieces.
Add water to cover, bring to a boil, and boil until fruit is tender.
Drain and save water for making QUINCE PUREE.
Press quince through a sieve to make a puree.
Use 1 cup sugar to each cup of puree.
Combine puree and... - 31.8794
Quince Jelly has a Distinctive taste.The Sugar and Paraffin gives the Quince Jelly Great taste. - 31.7206
Meat With Quince
Saute onions and meat in butter until onions are soft and meat is browned.
Add water, bring to a boil, and simmer for about 1 hour or until meat is almost tender.
Peel quince and cut into thick slices.
Add to meat, with more water if necessary, together with... - 29.829
Quick Quince Preserves
When preparing quinces, discard all gritty parts.
Mix sugar and water, and boil for 5 minutes.
Add quinces and cook until fruit has a clear, red color and syrup almost sheets from a spoon, about 1 hour.
As mixture thickens, stir frequently to prevent... - 29.7382
Blackcurrant Damson Plum Or Quince Cheese
1 In a closed pan, put the fruit along with water and cook very slowly until it is tender.
2 Sieve and measure.
3 To a clean pan return the pulp, along with 1 lb sugar to each pint of pulp.
4 Slowly bring to a boil so the sugar is completely... - 29.7227
Quince And Lemon Chutney
Put the quinces and lemon in a saucepan.
Tie the spices in a cheesecloth bag and add to the pan with all the remaining ingredients.
Bring to the boil, then simmer for about 45 minutes, or until thick and reduced by about half.
Remove the cheese-cloth... - 29.7143
Wash the quince and peel them.
Cut each quince into eight lengthwise slices.
Place the cores and peels into a saucepan, cover with the water and cook about fifteen minutes.
Drain the liquid into a measuring cup.
Add enough water to equal... - 29.513
Wash, core, peel and chop quinces.
Cover with water.
Bring to a boil and simmer until quinces have turned a deep pink orange color (45 minutes to an hour).
Drain off juice.
Reserve for jelly.
Puree pulp, add honey and cook in a heavy-bottom saucepan over low... - 28.8823
Stewed Quince An Unusually Good Dessert
Cut in quarters and remove the core.
Slice very thin, letting slices drop into the hot water.
Cover closely and simmer until quince is tender, or from 30 to 45 minutes.
More water may be needed.
Add sugar to suit taste, and salt.
Reheat to... - 28.2925
Chicory Salad With Quince And Pecans
1. Preheat the oven to 350° In a large saucepan, combine the water with the cider vinegar, brown sugar, jalapeno, ginger, coriander, cinnamon stick and a pinch of salt and bring to a boil. Add the sliced quince, cover and simmer over low heat until they are... - 27.6696
Scrub quinces with a brush.
Pare, quarter and core them, dropping the quarters into cold water to prevent discoloring.
Cook parings and cores in water 15 minutes and strain liquid.
Add quinces to liquid and cook until tender.
Drain and add sugar to liquid;... - 27.3778
Baked Beans With Pork Belly And Quince
1. Heat the olive oil in a large enameled cast-iron casserole. Add half the diced pork belly and cook over moderate heat, stirring occasionally, until lightly browned on all sides, about 10 minutes. Use a slotted spoon to transfer the pork belly to a plate.... - 27.3287
Peel the quince and grate the flesh on a coarse grater.
Put grated quince in saucepan with sugar, water, and flavoring.
Simmer for about 1 hour or until syrup thickens to the consistency of honey.
Add lemon juice at the end of cooking time to prevent syrup... - 26.9663
When preparing quinces, discard all gritty parts.
Combine sugar and water in a large sauce pot.
Boil 5 minutes.
Add quinces and cook until fruit is transparent and syrup is almost to jellying point, about 1 hour.
As mixture thickens, stir frequently to... - 26.5339
Select barely ripe, firm sound quince.
If there are wormy portions, trim off and discard before weighing.
Cut quince in quarters, flick out the seeds and discard.
Peel and remove cores and combine cores and peels in one saucepan.
Cut quince... - 26.3645
Exotic Quince Jelly
1. Put the quinces into a pan with the water and sliced lemon; bring to the boil and simmer very gently for 1 hour.
2. Strain the liquid from the quinces through a muslin-lined sieve, allowing the juices to drip through naturally and slowly.
3. Make the... - 26.2477
Apple And Quince Paste
Peel and quarter equal quantities of apples and quinces, and wash quickly in cold water.
Put the peelings and pips together into a muslin bag.
Put the fruit in a preserving pan, add the bag of pips and peelings, cover with cold water and boil on a high heat... - 25.3269
Blend sugar and quince stock and bring to a boil.
Cook, stirring constantly, to the jellying point.
Add lemon juice.
Cool. - 20.4041
Apple Quince Pie
Line a 9" pie plate with pastry as in Making a Two-Crust Pie, Arrange 2 1/2 c of the apples, 6 tablesp of the jelly, and 1 1/2 teasp of the butter in the lined pie plate; then top with the remainder of these ingredients.
Adjust top crust, as in Making a... - 20.1756
Peel and quarter the quinces and remove the cores.
Combine the sugar and 2 quarts water and boil for 5 minutes.
Add the quinces and cook, stirring, until clear red and the syrup is thick almost to the jellying point.
Pour immediately into hot jars and seal. - 18.8683
Quince Recipes By Category