- » Quick Low Calorie Side Dish
Quick Low Calorie Side Dish Recipes
Enjoy our collection of quick low calorie side dish recipes submitted, reviewed and rated by ifood.tv community. Meet people who are looking for quick low calorie side dish recipes.
Low-calorie Vegetable Rainbow Salad
Looking for a new salad recipe to jazz up your holiday feasts? How about a bowl of salad that is nutritious made with fresh seasonal vegetables? The mix of swiss chard, lettuce and kale mixed together with variety of vegetables offers a unique taste to this... - 123.806
Quick Eggplant '101'
Eggplant is a commonly available vegetable, all over the world. But, how much do we know about this bright, purple-colored vegetable? Collect all the important information about the eggplant in this video. Chef ends it up with a quick eggplant recipe, which... - 118.091
Low-calorie Spicy Jicama Crunchies With Hot Chili Flakes
Want to enjoy an rather unique and healthy salad with the mix of hot, sweet, and salty flavors? Jicama is sweet in flavor, its texture is wonderfully crunchy and when mixed with spices and seasonings , the ugly vegetable can transform into a swan! You will... - 116.045
Detox: Japanese Wasabi Soy Beans
When you find fresh soy beans, the best way to cook them is by making wasabi Soy beans. The chef in the video has this simple recipe where she boiled the beans in water and serves it with a simple wasabi sauce made with different sauces like tamari, brown... - 97.5441
Quick And Easy raw collard Greens salad
This is a great way to include these dark bitter greens into your diet. Kathy from RawFoodMuscle shows you how to make a quick and easy collard green salad and shares so good tips on how to store greens in your refrigerator so that they stay crisp and green!... - 94.817
Greek Tzatziki Sauce
Chef Nikko has the specialty of experimenting with cuisines of wide variety. Today, he prepares a totally different recipe, Greek Tzatziki Sauce that goes well almost anything. As we have seen in the past, Nikko and team try to make cuisines even if all the... - 88.5964
Sinful Mushroom Salad With Goat Cheese
Would you like to try a salad today that is totally divine in taste? Here's a specially crafted salad recipe just for you. Watch a step by step demo to prepare this Sinful Mushroom Salad with Goat Cheese now. We bet you would want to make this salad again and... - 82.9157
French Nicoise Salade
Have you been looking for a perfect French Nicoise Salad recipe? You have hit the correct page. Watch the chef prepare this easy to follow recipe now. We bet your friends and family will be bowled over with your culinary skills. - 81.836
Pan Fried Noodles
Noodles time? Any time. A complete healthy meal in itself the pan fried recipe is just what you need to satiate your hunger in an absolutely tasty way. Boiled noodles cooked with julienne vegetables is a fabulous meal idea at any time of the day. - 50.6116
Soy Coconut Wrap
1. Wash the vegetables thoroughly with water.
2. Cut carrot into ovals.
3. Shred the beans.
4. Shred the remaining ingredients coarsely.
5. In a mincing machine, put together all seasoning ingredients except coconut and process.
6. In a... - 50.3419
In a cooker put oil when it is hot.
Add mashed garlic and onion and fry till it changes to brown colour.
Add methi leaves and fry till raw smell goes. and becomes mashy.
Add tomato,haldi and fry till it become mashy.
Now add mutton and fry till water is dry.... - 49.9604
Carrot Onion Ring Salad
1. Peel carrots. Cut slanting slices about 1/4 inch thick.
2. In a pan cook carrots covered in 1 inch boiling water for 5 minutes.
3. Drain out from water and dip into cold water.
4. Drain out again and keep in serving bowl.
5. Separate onion slices... - 49.4317
In a kadai put oil,when it hot
Put mustard seeds,channa dal,curry leaves and fry for sec.
Then put onion,green chillies and fry till they turn to golden brown.
Then add cabbage,haldi,water and allow till they are cooked.
When it is cooked nicely and add... - 48.4938
Egg Spicy Roast
This Egg roast is a very spicy and tasty dish to be tried and enjoyed! - 48.3658
Broccoli And Aloo Curry
first wash Brocoli and aloo and keep aside.
In a pan add oil.when it is hot,
Add jeera,allow to pop up.
Now add onion and fry till brown colour.
Then add ginger garlic paste,tomato and fry till they become mashy
Add Brocoli and Aloo and allow them to cook... - 48.0251
Take a pan add oil.
When it is hot add mustard seeds,allow to pop.
Now add curry leaves,fry for sec.
Add onion fry till it changes to brown.
Then add tomato and fry till it become mashy.
Then add pumpkin and water ,allow to cook (but take care it shouldn't... - 47.7433
Oriental 'style Carrots
1. In a saucepan boil water and cook carrots for 4 to 5 minutes until just tender.
2. Drain out the carrots and cook quickly under cold water.
3. Drain and keep aside.
4. Heat a 10-inch or larger frying pan or wok over high heat.
5. Add oil and let it... - 47.1322
Boil brocoli florets in salted water adding half of turmeric powder till it is cooked half.
Heat oil in a pan ,add onions and saute till brown.
Add in ginger-garlic paste,cumin powder, redchillipd,coriander powder,garam masala powder,remaining turmeric... - 46.9462
Heat oil ,add mustard seeds,channa dal,uraddal ,curry leaves fry well for a sec.
Then add onion and fry till brown colour
Add cabbage mix well.
Cover and cook for 5mins in slow flame.
Add ground paste,sprinkle little water,salt and cook till dry.
Garnish... - 45.8442
Busy But Healthy show host Kristine Fretwell shares her quick and healthy version of the classic B.B.Q. side dish, Coleslaw. - 45.7573
Green Pepper Masala
In a pan add Oil.
When it is hot,put onion and fry till golden brown.
Now add ginger & garlic paste and fry till raw smell goes.
Then add tomato and green pepper,water and fry till tomato become mashy and pepper is half cooked.
When tomato and pepper are... - 45.187
In a pan putting little oil and add dhainya seeds,dry red chillies and fry for 2mins. then in a mixy jar add fried ingredients and coconut,onions,tomato,water and grind smooth paste.
In a pan add oil when it is hot add mustard seeds and allow to... - 45.117
Pina Colada Salad Mold
1. Oil a three cup mould
2. Drain the pineapple and reserve its juice; add water to it and make it up to one cup; microwave it in a one and a half quart bowl at HIGH for two and a half minutes till boiling
3. Add gelatin and stir till it... - 44.8814
Buttery Grated Turnips
1) Using a medium grater, grate the turnips.
2) In a medium skillet, over low heat cook turnip in water for 15 minutes, until tender.
3) Then, to evaporate liquid, cook, uncovered, over very low heat, 5 minutes.
4) Remove the skillet... - 43.8586
Boil cauliflower florets in salted water adding half of turmeric powder till it is cooked half.
Heat oil in a pan ,add onions and saute till brown.
Add in ginger-garlic paste,cumin powder, redchillipd,coriander powder,garam masala powder,remaining turmeric... - 43.5669
Quick Fried Asparagus
1) Make diagonal, thin, slant-edged slices about 1 1/2 inches long, from the asparagus stalks.
2) In a large frying pan, heat oil.
3) Add asparagus and season with salt, pepper and monosodium glutamate, as per taste.
4) Increase heat... - 43.4926
Cabbage Saute is a very simple, light dish. Healthy and tasty, quick dish. Try it and enjoy!!! - 43.2187
Whisk curds,add the salt, red chilli powder, chaat masala and mix well. Taste and adjust seasoning.
Add the potatoes, green chilli and coriander leaves. Mix well.
Transfer to a serving bowl. Garnish with roasted cumin powder. Refrigerate until... - 43.125
Potato Gobi Masala
In a pan add ghee or oil when it is hot add ginger garlic paste,finely chopped onion and fry till golden brown.
Then add cube shaped aloo,dhainya powder and fry for sec.
Then add washed gobi(small chopped) fry for sec.
Add haldi,tomato paste,garam... - 43.0397
Heat oil in a pan
Add whole garam masala, Put chopped onions and sauté
Sweat the onions.When it become light brown add ginger garlic paste.
Now put chopped tomatoes.
Add salt and turmeric.
Now put the chicken and sauté it by addindg dhaniya powder.... - 42.9929
Molake Hesaru Kaalu And Kadale Kaalu Palya
Boil sprouted moong and channa for 1 whislte and keep aside.
In a pan add oil when it is hot,add mustard seeds and allow to splutter.
Then add jeera seeds,urad dal and fry for sec.
Now add onion and fry till it becomes brown colour.
Add green chillies,tomato... - 42.9393
First wash tindora and chop long shape or round shape and keep aside
Put Oil in a Kadai when it is hot add mustard,jeera allow to splutter.
Then add Onion ,curry leaves and fry onion till golden brown,
Add tomato fry till they become soft,then add... - 42.8125
Quick Onion Bread
1) Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2) Take a large bowl and mix together milk, egg, and margarine and the soup mix.
3) Mix in the flour, sugar, and baking powder until just blended.
4) Take a sprayed 9 x 5 x 3-inch loaf pan and put the... - 42.7781
Glazed Acorn Squash
1. Pierce whole squash several times and place on paper towels.
2. In a serving platter or baking dish, cook on High for 8 to 10 minutes or until soft.
3. Let it stand for 5 minutes.
4. Slice crosswise into 1-inch slices.
5. Discard... - 42.2402
Stuffed Brinjal Curry
First wash Brinjal and cut 4 sides .
Stuff the Grinded masala inside the brinjal keep aside.
In a pressure cooker add Oil when it is hot add Mustard seeds,curry leaves and fry for a sec.
Then add the stuffed brinjal,water little,salt,lemon juice and taste... - 41.5555
1. In a medium mixing bowl, toss fresh mushrooms in lemon juice.
2. Add rest of the ingredients except for leafy greens; toss well to combine.
3. In a salad bowl, line bottom with lettuce or spinach leaves.
4. Top with salad mixture. - 41.4767
Quick Garbanzo Bean Salad
1) Combine all the ingredients together in a 1-quart bowl.
2) Cover the bowl and chill the mixture. Toss occasionally.
3) Serve as preferred. - 40.7936
Quick Greek Salad
Combine the tomatoes, cucumber, feta cheese, and red onion in a medium bowl.
Mix, then drizzle with the olive oil and lemon juice.
Grind the black pepper over the top of the salad, sprinkle with a touch of oregano, and garnish with basil sprigs.
Adjust... - 40.7212
Sesame Broccoli And Cauliflower
1) In a 2.5 L (10 cup) microwave safe casserole, pour oil and add sesame seeds.
2) Microwave at HIGH for 4 minutes.
3) Put in broccoli and cauliflower.
4) In a bowl, blend soy sauce and ginger. Pour over vegetables; mix well.
5) Using a plastic wrap,... - 40.5042
Greek Chopped Salad
To make the dressing: In a small bowl, combine the yogurt, mint, lemon peel, lemon juice, honey, garlic, salt, and pepper.
Cover and refrigerate.
To make the salad: In a large bowl, combine the tomato, cucumber, romaine, spinach, onion, olives, and... - 40.1369
1) Combine together Â¼ up of oil with the egg, vinegar, lemon juice, vinegar, salt, mustard and pepper in a blender container.
2) Process till the mixture is smooth.
3) With the blender still running, remove the insert from the blenderâ€™s cap... - 39.0678
Aloo Ka Saag
Heat oil in a pan. Add asafoetida, cumin seeds, mustard seeds, ginger paste, green chilli paste. Sauté for two minutes. Add the potato pieces, mix well.Add red chilli powder, turmeric powder, green cardamom powder, salt and cook for some time.
Add yogurt... - 38.9958
Gram Flour Roti
1. Sift the ata and gram flour into a mixing bowl. Mix together the chopped onion and green chilli, fresh coriander, salt and crushed red chillies, then add them to the flour.
2. Stir in enough cold water to make a soft dough. Cover and set aside for about 30... - 38.8212
Carrot And Mandarin Orange Salad
1. Peel the carrots and julienne into very fine strips, or grate them in a food processor. Put the carrots in a salad bowl. Remove the leaves from the tarragon sprigs and julienne them into fine strips. Add to carrots.
2. Peel and section the oranges. Remove... - 38.7986
Indian Tomato Chutney
1. Place the tomatoes in a bowl with the ground coriander, cumin, ginger, garlic, chilli powder, turmeric and salt. Set aside.
2. Heat the oil in a saucepan, add the curry leaves, white cumin seeds, onion seeds, red chillies, if using, and onion and fry for... - 38.6962
It's the queen of Lebanese salads - 38.6818
Basic Pizza Sauce
This is a basic pizza sauce which I use whenever I make pizzas. It cooks in no time. - 38.4825
Soften gelatin in 1/2 cup cold water; dissolve in 1 1/4 cup hot water.
Blend in lemon juice, onion, garlic, salt and hot sauce; chill until slightly thick- ened.
Add avocado and mayonnaise; pour into lightly oiled mold.
Chill until firm. - 38.4338
1) Cut off and discard the tough ends of asparagus stalks.
2) Wash the tips of asparagus well with cold water; if necessary, use a soft brush to remove grit.
3) Using a vegetable parer, scrape skin and scales from lower part of stalk only.
4)... - 38.3672
1. Wash and drain carrots.
2. Melt 3/4 of the margarine in a sauce pan with sugar, salt and pepper.
3. Add carrots with 1 cup water. Cover and simmer for 15 minutes. Uncover and cook until all liquid has evaporated. Add remaining margarine.
4. Cool slightly... - 37.7998
Shrimp And Orzo Salad
1. In medium mixing bowl combine first 5 ingredients; set aside.
2. In small bowl combine remaining ingredients except lettuce, mixing well. Pour over shrimp mixture and toss to coat.
3. To serve, line serving bowl with lettuce and top with shrimp mixture. - 37.4371
Baby Food - Cream Of Wheat
This is another yummy meal to make for your infant. Why serve your child boring and bland baby food from a jar when you can make savory, fresh, nutritious food for you child in minutes! This is a savory cream of wheat dish for your little one that is good... - 37.2187
Classic Coleslaw With Yogurt Dressing
1. In a large mixing bowl, mix cabbage and sweet potatoes.
2. Add rest of the ingredients and toss well.
3. In 2 cups, divide equally and serve. - 36.734
Molake Hesaru Kalina Palya
Put oil in a pan when it is hot add Mustard seeds ,allow to splutter.
Then add curry leaves,dry red chillies,onion and fry till brown.
Now add sprouted dal,salt and mix well for 5mins.
Taste it and Garnish with the coriander or grated coconut. - 36.42
Mooli And Carrot Raita
1. Beat the yogurt with the sugar, salt, green chillies, fresh coriander and mint, then beat in the measured water. Turn into a serving bowl and stir in the mooli and carrots.
2. To make the dressing, heat the oil in a small saucepan, add the curry leaves,... - 36.2299
Cucumber And Mint Raita
1. Beat the natural yogurt and place in a serving bowl. Stir in the sugar, salt, mint sauce, grated cucumber, green chilli and fresh coriander.
2. To serve, garnish the raita with the coriander and cumin seeds. - 35.9741
Caponata With Chickpeas
1. In 10-inch nonstick skillet heat oil; add eggplant, peppers, onions, celery, zucchini, mushrooms, pignolias, and garlic and cook over medium-high heat, stirring frequently, until lightly browned, about 2 minutes.
2. Reduce heat to medium, cover, and cook... - 35.6995
Low Calorie Creole Sauce
1. Combine all ingredients in 2-quart saucepan; bring to boiling.
2. Reduce heat, and simmer, uncovered, 20 minutes. - 35.187
Cabbage and pasta lovers unite for this simple sweet-and-sour side dish - 34.9192
1. In a pan, heat oil and add mustard seeds; cover the pan and allow to the mustard seeds to crackle
2. Add grated carrot to it and cook a few minutes gently, stirring all the while
3. Turn the heat off, add a tablespoon of lemon juice and season;... - 34.7844
Raita With Mango
1. Place the mango, fresh coriander, green chillies, mint sauce, salt and sugar in a food processor and blend for about 2 minutes. Add the ground coriander and yogurt and blend for 30 seconds. Transfer the mixture into a bowl and stir in the diced... - 34.6039
Low Calorie Cucumber Onion Salad
In small mixing bowl, combine all ingredients; mix well.
Chill at least 2 hours.
Drain extra liquid.
Serve on lettuce. - 34.3636
Low Calorie Gravy
In small saucepan, combine all ingredients; mix well.
Cook over low heat, stirring constantly, until mixture thickens slightly and comes to a boil.
Simmer for 5 minutes. - 34.3118
The crispy spinach is just the crunchy and highly nutritious delight that you need to add to the taste of your main meal. The crispy spinach has very high iron content and is a great way to get your kids to eat the famous “Popeye” spinach without fuss. - 34.1802
Three Tomatoes Salad
1. PIace egg (plum or Italian) tomatoes, cherry tomatoes, tomatoes, onion, vinegar, basil and black pepper to taste in a bowl and toss to combine. Set aside to stand for 30 minutes.
2. Line a large serving platter with lettuce leaves and top with tomato... - 34.0616
Low Calorie Mashed Potatoes
In large saucepan, bring water and salt to a boil.
Add potatoes; simmer, covered for 10 to 12 minutes, until tender.
Add milk and pepper; mash until smooth.
Serve hot - 33.7381
Easy Pan Gravy
1) Remove the floating fat from drippings in the roasting pan.
2) Add flour into pan drippings and cook, while stirring, over moderate heat for a minute.
3) Now add Giblet Stock,mix rapidly and allow to boil, stirring to scrape up brown bits.
4)... - 33.3464
Diet Pico De Gallo
In a medium bowl, combine all ingredients and let marinate for about 30 minutes. - 32.7314
Brussels Sprouts And Pasta Vinaigrette
1. In 10-inch nonstick skillet heat oil; add mushrooms, onion, bell pepper, and garlic and cook over medium heat until bell pepper is tender-crisp, about 3 minutes.
2. Add remaining ingredients and stir to combine; cook, stirring occasionally, until heated... - 32.7101
Clean the basel and procee it as shown.
Make Puree of basel
Mix nuts, garlic and cheese
Add extra virgin oil - 31.6106
Shrimp Salad With Pineapple And Pecans
1. In medium mixing bowl combine shrimp, pineapple, snow peas, pecans, and scallion.
2. Using a wire whisk, in small mixing bowl beat together remaining ingredients; pour over shrimp mixture and toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve. - 31.3722
Asparagus Sauce 2 Quick Blender Hollandaise
Combine egg yolks, lemon juice, salt, and pepper in blender.
Heat butter until bubbly.
Do not brown.
While eggs are whirling, drizzle butter slowly into blender.
Whirl only until thick; this takes much less time than you may think. - 31.341
GETTING READY 1) Peel and de-seeded the cucumber. 2) Slice the cucumber into julliens. 3)... - 30.2998
Easy Fruit Salad
GETTING READY 1) Core, peel and slice the apples. 2) Peel the oranges. Either slice them or break them into sections. ... - 30.062
Low Calorie Horseradish Sauce
1. Combine all ingredients in small bowl.
2. Refrigerate, covered, until well chilled— about 1 hour. Serve cold. - 30.0258
Basic Tangy Coleslaw
In large mixing bowl, combine all ingredients; toss lightly.
Serve immediately. - 29.9925
Beat yoghurt until smooth.
Fold in mango, banana, mint, cumin and chilli powder. - 29.6987
GETTING READY 1) Arrange a blender. MAKING 2) In the blender, place all the ingredients. ... - 28.8033
Cut the edges of the bread and keep aside.
in a bowl add 2 eggs,salt and beat nicely and spread the egg and add cheese on it.
Then place on a sandwich maker.
When it is over.ready to eat. - 28.7418
Homemade Baby Food - Pears
Want to serve your infant fresh food? Then make your own baby food at home. It's so easy and so much better for your child. You'll know exactly what's going into your child's tummy! Pears are a great fruit to serve your child with their cereal in the... - 28.5689
Amazing Easy Salsa
Incredibly easy-to-use seasoning mix, my cousin makes it. I love it. - 28.164
Blueberry Cantaloupe Supreme
GETTNG READY 1) Arrange all the fruits and other ingredients. MAKING 2) In a mixing bowl, combine all the fruits. ... - 27.5826
GETTING READY 1) Prepare the salad of your choice. MAKING 2) In a small dish, combine... - 27.54
Piquant Green Beans
1. Wash green beans, tip and split.
2. Cook, covered, in boiling salted water in a medium-size saucepan for 20 minutes, or until crisply tender; drain.
3. Drizzle with the French dressing; toss to mix well. Spoon onto serving plates; top with onion rings. - 25.9003
Paneer Or Fresh Curds
1. Bring the milk to a boil. Add the yogurt and bring to a boil again. The milk will curdle.
2. Strain it through a double thickness of muslin and tie to the water faucet or some other place where it can drain for 1 to 2 hours depending on how dry, or moist,... - 25.8854
Zucchini Squash And Onions
The combination of Zucchini Squash and Onions together is quite heavenly. Especially when they are cooked to perfection... - 23.6483
Sauteed Spicy Bok Choy
Bok Choy! Learn about the amazing health benefits of Bok Choy and how to prepare it! Here's a simple recipe for Sauteed Spicy Bok Choy, which is full of flavor and nutrition. So simple, so natural, and oh so delicious! - 21.9726
IN A PAN PUT 2TSP OIL,THEN ADD CHOPPEN ONION,GREENCHILLIES,FRY TILL BROWN,THEN ADD GINGERPASTE AND GARLIC PASTE,TOMATO FRY TILL IT BECOME SOFT,THEN ADD PRAWNS,CHICKEN MASALA,GARAM MASALA,HALDI,LITTLE WATER,SALT MIX IT AND ALLOW TO COOK.WHEN IT IS COOK ADD... - 20.9018