- » Quick Indian Rice
Quick Indian Rice Recipes
Enjoy our collection of quick indian rice recipes submitted, reviewed and rated by ifood.tv community. Meet people who are looking for quick indian rice recipes.
South Indian Curd Rice
Yummy, creamy curd rice - hasn't your mouth already started watering? This exotic rice preparation is a traditional dish from Southern part of India. It is very easy as well as very tasty. The most interesting thing about this recipe is that it takes only 5... - 127.95
Indian Style Turmeric Vermicelli Rice
When you need an easy rice side to serve alongside your stews, gravies or meats, just try making this one. Delicious, filling and vibrant, turmeric adds an interesting flavor and color to this rice dish. And it’s quite simple to make too. All you have to do... - 126.544
Spiced Up Leftover Rice
After a party you are left with loads of white rice and you don’t know how to use them; can't throw them either. Of course you wouldn't want to spend a lot of time cooking on the very next day of the party. So, here is a very easy and delicious way of using... - 118.646
Puffed Rice And Mango Salad
Puffed rice and mango salad is one snack, which is popular throughout India, with its variations in different states. This video shows how you can make this mouth-watering snack in no time and it is an amazing snack because the possibilities are endless and... - 112.57
If you are still trying to prepare your rice - nice and fluffy, just like the rice served in restaurants, then you should watch this video. Cooking rice properly is considered to be the most difficult task in kitchen. However, expert chef Sanjay has made this... - 109.16
Perfectly Cooked White Basmati
Most people are scared of cooking rice cause it just never comes out right. It is either overcooked and soggy or under-cooked with too much bite. Chef John shows us how to get over our apprehensions of cooking rice with a carefully measured recipe of basmati,... - 106.475
Make use of leftovers. Bhavna shows you how you can use your left over rice and make it more delicious. - 103.387
Watch this video to learn how you can make Quick Rice in a pressure cooker in five minutes. This video shows an easy way to get your rice done when you are pressed for time. Try it out! - 89.5333
Stir Fried Cabbbage & Rice For A Quick Lunch
Want to save time on cooking? Try stir fried cabbage with green onions and spices and serve with rice. US chef Bhal Dave gives the taste of India in every bite. Very simple but delicious, you can churn out this quick meal in minutes. - 71.8428
TheKhao Phad is a lovely meat dish that is both filling and yummy. I served this for an informal get together for dinner and everyone loved it. Try the Khao Phad at home and you will understand why! - 47.9282
First wash Rice and drain it aside.
Take a Cooker pour Oil when it is Hot,
Add Cardmom,Cinnamon,Cloves and fry for a sec.
Now put Onion and fry till golden brown.
Then add the Grinded paste and fry till raw smell goes and oil seprates.
Now add Tomatoes and... - 47.4763
Kaho Tom Gai
Kaho Tom Gai is a unique dish that is a meal in itself. You can serve this wonderful dish at home for a grand dinner. I made this for my husband for our anniversary dinner and he loved it! Try the Kaho Tom Gai for yourself! - 47.3279
I made this Karivembu Choru last weekend for a change, when some unexpected guests visited. It was a tremendous success. Try this wonderful Karivembu Choru recipe for yourself! - 46.4574
Atukulu Upma (poha, Aval)
First soak the aval and keep it aside.
after 1 hour drain the excess water if there
in a pan, add oil and all the ingredients one by one.
Mustard, uradhal, gramdhal, pinch of asafoetida, greenchillies and ginger.
Once all these gets sauted add curry... - 45.8783
Vegetable Rice Patties
1. In a large mixing bowl, combine soup mix with rice, eggs, cheeses and pepper.
2. Use a wooden spoon or your hand to mix well.
3. Divide the mixture using a ¼ cup measure.
4. Lightly grease your hands with oil and shape each portion into a 3 inch... - 43.9661
Coconut rice is a tasty, quick dish. Enjoy!! - 43.7907
Vegetable And Egg Fried Rice
* Cook rice in rice cooker with 1cup rice:1 1/2 cup water along with salt.
* Make scrambled egg with a tsp oil and a pinch of salt and a pinch of soy sauce.
* Cut the vegetables as shown in the picture.
* In a big pan pour oil, put the vegetables- carrot,... - 43.1474
In a cooker add oil,when it is hot put mustard seeds allow to splutter.
Then add dry red chillies,channa dal green chillies and fry for a sec.
Thne add washed and drained rice,moongdal and fry for a while.
Now add salt 3 1/2 cup water and allow bubbles to... - 42.9816
Spiced Basmati Rice
1) Wash the rice and keep in a bowl.
2) Add cold water and allow the rice to stand in water for 30 minutes.
3) Drain the rice and keep aside.
4) Take the rice, salt or salt substitute, cinnamon stick, cumin, bay leaf and water in a... - 40.713
Palak Pulao (spinach Rice Pilaf)
Pulao is a rice dish that served in every region of India, typically for special occasions and weddings. Palak (spinach) is the main vegetable used in this pulao. For more recipes, visit www.deliciousindian.com. - 40.669
Tomato Rice is south indian dish made from rice and tomato. Specially great for holiday and festival. - 38.6336
Basmati Rice With Herbs
1) In a large microwavable dish, add 1 oz butter, rice, boiling water and salt.
2) Cover the dish with a cling foil and microwave on HIGH temperature for 10 minutes, stirring the contents once halfway through the cooking time.
3) Allow the dish to sit... - 38.1168
Curd Rice is native to South-India. In telugu language, it is called 'Dadhojanam' or simply 'Perugu Annam' meaning Curd Rice. Dadhojanam is served commonly as 'prasadam' in most South-Indian temples. This easy-to-make dish is soothing to the tummy especially... - 37.6441
Thin Poha (beaten/pressed Rice)chiwda
1. If poha is soggy, preheat oven on 350. Bake poha for 5 mins or till it become crunchy. Don't forget to stir in between. (If you don't have oven you can use pan or kadhai on gas)
2. Heat oil in a pan, then fry pea nuts, cashews, almonds, raisins seperately... - 37.019
Tomato Cashew Rice
This Tomato Cashew rice has the taste of juicy tomatoes and crispy cashews with little spices makes us to enjoy eating every mouth. - 36.4361
Steamed Rice With Lemon Zest
In a saucepan, heat ginger and garlic in peanut and sesame oil until just soft.
Add lemon zest and chicken stock and bring to a boil.
Add rice and stir.
Cover, turn to low, and simmer for 10 minutes.
Remove cover and fluff rice.
Replace cover, turn heat off... - 36.1325
Quick And Easy Bay Fried Rice
1. Wash the rice thoroughly and leave it to soak in a bowl.
2. Heat the ghee in a heavy-based saucepan, add the onion and fry until golden brown. Add the bay leaves, cloves, cardamoms and black peppercorns and stir-fry for 2-3 minutes, then add the salt,... - 35.4509
Wash 1 cup Rice & half cup Moong Dal together, drain water & keep aside.
Heat 3 tbs oil in a shallow pan. Add cumin seeds, cinnamon sticks, cloves, bay leaves, onions, green chillies & turmeric powder. Saute until onions turn brownish.
Add this to Rice.... - 34.8178
1. Sieve flour with salt; rub in half the fat. Make dough as for poories using a little water (60 ml. for 22 pieces).
2. Cream rice flour and remaining fat. Leave in cold water.
3. Divide dough into small balls and roll into thin chapaties.
4. Take one... - 34.7311
Fried Brown Rice
In a LARGE non-stick skillet, saute the ginger, garlic, onion, mushrooms and any other veggies that need pre-cooking for about 5 minutes.
Transfer to a bowl.
Dry off the bottom of the skillet, return to heat and add rice. Dry fry it for a while, until some... - 34.7035
Mix all the above ingredients together to form a thick batter
Roll it into a vada shaped tikki
Deep fry in oil till brown on both sides
Serve it hot with tomato sauce/ketchup or coriander chutney - 34.2991
1. Soak together the gram and rice for half an hour.
2. Grind to a smooth paste without adding any water.
3. Fill batter into a piping bag and pipe out into jallebi shapes into hot oil.
4. When it turns lightly brown and it starts floating on top of the oil... - 34.1217
Wash Basmati Rice & keep aside.
Heat butter/margarine in a fry pan. Add bay leaves, cloves, cinnamon stick, onions, green chillies & saute until onions turn brownish. Add cumin seeds & saute for another 10 seconds.
Add Basmati Rice & mix well.
Add 5 cups... - 32.2835
This yummy lime rice recipe is both great tasting and easy on your stomach. You would love the flavor of lime and the curry leaves. Enjoy a healthy home made meal cooked right at home in no time at all. - 31.0062
Jeera Rice- A Delicious Rice Preparation
This is a quick and easy jeera rice recipe that is sure to be an instant hit as your main dish. Combine it with dishes of your choice and have an elaborate spread for your party. - 27.1132
Plain Boiled White Rice
Plain Boiled White Rice is very easy to make. The use of desi ghee gives the Plain Boiled White Rice a velety taste. The Plain Boiled White Rice is perfect allbi for sambhar's and Dal. Must catch it. - 24.1858
Moong Dal Khichdi
Moong dal khichdi is a simple to make Indian dish which can be prepared in a time frame of just 15-20 minutes. Here follows the recipe for the same. - 0
Quick Rice Kheer By Tarla Dalal
Contrary to the general notion that desserts, especially traditional ones, take a long time to prepare, here is how you can prepare rich and tasteful rice kheer in minutes! condensed milk and a dash of spices impart an intense flavor to this quick rice kheer... - 0