- » Quebec
Quebec Food preparations are prepared keeping in mind the sustenance of body temperatures in the extreme cold conditions of the region. They are energy giving dishes rich in fat content in vogue since long time. ... More »
Quebec Soup A La Barbotte
1) Cut the fish into fillets or leave it intact according to your choice after cleaning it.
2) Take a large saucepan and melt butter in it, adding the onion, carrots, tomatoes and olive oil.
3) Simmer it over low heat for 10 minutes after... - 48.4514
Quebec Green Tomato Soup
1) In a saucepan, add tomatoes, onion, cinnamon, ground cloves, sugar, pepper and water.
2) Place the saucepan over heat. Bring the liquid to a boil and boil for 20 minutes.
3) Sprinkle soda.
4) In a separate pan, add butter to melt over low heat.
5)... - 45.7946
Johnny's Quebecois Tourtiere
In a large skillet, heat the butter and sweat the onion and garlic.
Add the tomatoes and cook for 3 minutes, covered.
Add the pork and cook thoroughly.
Add beef, stock, bay leaves and seasonings.
Cover and simmer for 30 minutes.
Uncover and continue to simmer... - 45.4414
Combine ground beef, pork, onion and water in large pot.
Heat to boiling, stirring often.
Boil slowly for 15 minutes.
Add potatoes and pickling spice.
Simmer, covered, for 1 hour.
Push spice bag down occasionally.
Add salt, pepper and garlic powder.
Continue... - 45.3232
Quebec Cream Of Tomato Soup
1) Take a saucepan and put the tomatoes in it.
2) Add finely chopped onion, minced celery leaves, sugar and savory to it.
3) Simmer the tomatoes along with the other ingredients for 20 minutes
4) Add the cornstarch and mix it with ½ cup of cold... - 45.1719
Quebec Vegetable Soup
1) In a soup kettle, add all the ingredients.
2) Place the soup kettle over heat and bring the liquid to a boil.
3) Cover with a lid and reduce heat to low. Let it simmer for another 4 hours.
4) During the first one hour of cooking, you need to stir... - 43.6787
Combine all ingredients except pastry.
Simmer, covered, for 30 minutes, stirring frequently.
Roll out pastry and use half to line an ungreased 8-inch pie pan.
Pour meat mixture into pan.
Cover pie with remaining pastry and seal edge with... - 42.8621
French Canadian Tourtiere
Heat the bacon in a large skillet.
Add the meat, onion, celery and garlic, cook until meat has browned.
Sprinkle with flour and cook for 2 minutes over low heat.
Add the beef stock and seasonings.
Blend and cook covered 30 minutes.
Cool to room... - 42.5254
Quebec Potato Stuffing
Put the heart, gizzard and liver through a meat grinder.
Melt the chopped fat 5 minutes at HIGH.
Stir after 2 minutes.
Add the minced giblets, stir.
Microwave 3 minutes at MEDIUM-HIGH.
Add the onions, garlic, savory, salt and pepper.
Microwave 2... - 38.7837
Trim fat from chicken; melt fat in large heavy kettle or Dutch oven.
Brown chicken, a few serving pieces at a time; drain on paper toweling.
Fry bacon lightly in same kettle; remove and set aside; pour off all fat.
Return browned chicken and bacon to kettle;... - 38.5708
Old Fashioned Tourtiere
Saute onion lightly in fat, then add meat to which the seasoning has been added.
Also add water.
Cook slowly till meat is doneâ€”about 25 minutes.
Line a pie plate with half the pastry.
Sprinkle lightly with flour, add meat, then top with the other... - 36.4384
Quebec Maple Syrup Pie
On lightly floured surface, roll out pastry to 1/8-inch (3 mm) thickness; fit into 9-inch (23 cm) pie plate.
Trim and crimp edges.
With fork, prick crust all over; chill in freezer for 30 minutes.
In bowl, whisk together maple syrup, cream, flour and eggs... - 33.7607
1 Trim fat from chicken; melt fat in a large skillet or an electric slow cooker with a browning unit.Brown chicken, a few pieces at a time in fat; drain.
2 Fry bacon lightly in same pan; remove and set aside; pour off all fat.
3 Place chicken and bacon in... - 29.4175
Quebec Recipes By Category