- » Quail
Quail, in the culinary context refers to the flesh of a class of birds belonging to the pheasant family. A medium sized bird, the quail is baked, roasted, fried or grilled to make deliciously soft meat recipes. ... More »
Bacon Wrapped Quail Stuffed With Dates
I'm a huge fan of quail. I prefer this dark meat to chicken and when I'm hosting guests I love stuffing these little birds with anything from mushrooms to chiles to dates and then wrapping the quail with bacon to keep the meat succulent and moist. The... - 129.297
Easy Quail Henin
Have you ever tried Quail Henin? If not, here is a quick video which shows steps how to. Watch as the chef makes it and gives tips and cautions to be taken while making it. It is quite a tricky recipe. You will definitely enjoy it. - 91.427
1) Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
2) Skin the quail.
3) In 2 quarts of milk, place them and marinate for 8 hours or overnight.
4) From the milk, remove the quail. Drain and dry well.
5) With a mix of black pepper, red pepper and salt, rub the... - 48.5621
Quail With Rose Petals
Quail with Rose Petals is a fragrant dish. The flavors beautifully balance out each other and what you have is an exquisite dish, teasing you with an afterglow of the rose fragrance. - 45.6753
Casserole Of Quail
1. Skin quail.
2. Finely dice onion, celery and mushrooms.
3. Preheat oven to 350° Fahrenheit.
4. In a saucepan, put together sliced vegetables and wine; simmer for 5 minutes.
5. Pour water and stir in grapes and crumbled stock cubes;... - 44.6394
Roast Stuffed Quail
1. Wash the birds thoroughly and pat dry on paper towels.
2. Season birds well, rubbing the salt and pepper inside cavities and outside.
Preheat the oven to 300° F
3. In a saucepan, combine Madeira, raisins, and cloves.
4. Place on low... - 44.4321
Quail New Orleans
1 Tie the wings of each quail to body and tie legs together, using a butcher's twine.
2 In a large plastic bag, add flour, salt, and pepper.
3 Place 1 quail at a time in the bag and shake to coat.
4 In a 10-inch skillet, add oil... - 44.337
Oven Fried Quail And Brussels Sprouts
1) Preheat the oven to 400 degree
2) In a shallow dish, place the quail after tying the legs of the quail
3) To this, pour the sauterne and leave it to marinate for 12 hours in the refrigerator
4) Drain the quail after the marinating and... - 44.1234
Stir Fried Quails
1. Defrost the quails if frozen, dry them inside and out with paper towel.
2. Cut each quail into about 6 pieces with a cleaver or sharp knife.
3. In a bowl put all the marinade ingredients and quail and mix them well and let the marinade steep... - 43.5338
Quail In Orange Sauce
Preheat oven to 350°.
Wash and dry quail.
Brush with melted butter.
Combine remaining ingredients in saucepan; cook over medium heat until boiling.
Simmer for 2 minutes, stirring constantly.
Remove from heat; brush quail with sauce.
Roast in oven for 20... - 42.4476
1. Dredge quails with seasoned flour.
2. In a large Dutch oven or a casserole, melt butter over medium high flame.
3. When the butter starts to froth, arrange the birds breast side down and sear evenly on all sides until lightly... - 41.8056
1) Preheat oven at 300°.
2) In a bowl, place the first 8 ingredients to combine thoroughly.
3) Add quail to this marinade. Coat evenly.
4) Place inside the refrigerator for at least a day, by covering the bowl. Flip the quail several times... - 41.5718
For the Xocopili Jus:
Caramelize the oranges, apples, garlic, onions, carrots and celery. Add tomato paste, aromatics and spices, and let cook for another 5 minutes. Deglaze with wines and reduce 75%. Add stocks and reduce, constantly skimming until it... - 41.5092
Fried quail is a seasoned and floured fried meat recipe. Cooked to a golden brown, the fried quail can be served with a gravy or sauce prepared with pan drippings and seasoned to taste. - 41.4245
Hot And Spicy Quail
Use a sharp knife to split the quail down the spine.
Splay the halves and flatten them with a cleaver.
For the marinade, heat the oil in a pan and add the garlic, spring onions and lemon grass.
Cook over moderate heat for 2-3 minutes.
Leave to cool.
Stir in... - 41.0806
To make stuffing, melt butter in a large frying pan.
Add onions and celery and cook, stirring frequently, until vegetables are soft.
Add mushrooms and cook for a few minutes, stirring often.
Add salt and pepper.
Place breadcrumbs in a large bowl.
Add contents... - 41.0761
Cook bacon, stirring, in small dry pan until crisp; drain on absorbent paper.
Squeeze excess Liquid from spinach; chop roughly.
Combine bacon and spinach in medium bowl with ricotta and sage.
Remove and discard necks from quail.
Rinse quail under cold water;... - 40.8206
Season each quail with salt and pep- per; wrap with bacon, covering completely.
Secure with toothpicks; place on ""rack under broiler.
Broil for 20 minutes, basting frequently with butter.
Re- move quail to heated platter; keep warm with tent... - 40.664
Twice Cooked Quail
1. Preheat the oven to 450° F.
2. In a small bowl, combine the pepper, salt, rosemary and garlic.
3. Rub the spice and seasoning mixture into the cavity and on the outside of each quail.
4. Truss each quail using a 10 inch butchers twine such... - 40.3983
Minced Quail In Lettuce Leaves
Minced Quail In Lettuce Leaves is an amazingly delicious side dish. Serve this Minced Quail In Lettuce Leaves; I am sure you will always be tempted to prepare this for every party! - 40.1222
1 Mix the stuffing ingredients together and stuff and truss each quail.
Season the quails.
2 Preheat the oven to 200Â°C, 400Â°F, gas 6.
Heat the butter and oil and brown the quails.
Transfer to an ovenproof dish.
Brown the onions in the same fat and add... - 40.0162
Saute the onions and celery in butter.
Add cornbread and biscuit crumbs.
Season with salt and pepper.
Moisten with 3/4 can chicken broth.
Flour and brown quail in a skillet.
Stuff quail (allowing 1 cup of dressing to 1 pound of dressed... - 39.5723
Quail Fricassee In Orange Sauce
Quail Fricassee In Orange Sauce tastes great. Quail Fricassee In Orange Sauce is an easy to make sauce. The chicken broths enhance the taste of Quail Fricassee In Orange Sauce. - 39.2637
Tie legs of each quail together; twist wings under back.
In paper or plastic bag combine flour, 1 teaspoon salt, and pepper.
Add quail, 2 or 3 at a time; shake well to coat.
In skillet brown quail slowly in butter.
Add wine and onion.
Cover and simmer till... - 39.0949
1. Wash the quail well and thoroughly pat dry with a kitchen towel.
2. Season the quails with salt and pepper and dredge with flour.
3. In a large casserole or Dutch oven, melt the butter over a medium flame.
4. Sear the quails well... - 38.5618
This minced quail is one of the best quail dishes that I've ever tasted ! This decorated quail dish is very appetizing ! Try out this seasoned quail and vegetables dish and tell me if you liked it ! Your suggestions for this Minced Quail are welcome ! - 38.4551
Quail With Orange Sauce In Potato Baskets
Sprinkle quail with salt and pepper, dredge in flour.
Brown in oil and butter in skillet.
Remove quail, and set aside.
Add wine to pan drippings, bring to a boil, stirring well.
Return quail to skillet; cover, reduce heat to low, and cook 30 minutes, basting... - 38.1658
Canned Quail In Sherry
Wipe the quail thoroughly.
Place the salt pork, carrot, onion and celery in a heavy kettle or Dutch oven.
Arrange the quail over the vegetable mixture and add just enough sherry to cover.
Add the peppercorns and salt and bring to a boil.
Bake at 375... - 37.5073
1) Rinse quail well in cold water; pat dry with paper towels.
2) In a large non-stick pan, heat butter and sauté quail until nicely browned for about 10 minutes.
3) Stir in the shallots and cook, stirring occasionally, until tender for about 5... - 37.255
1.Start by preheating the oven to 350F degrees
2.Also dress, clean and stuff each bird with one large oyster
3.Truss, season and dredge with flour
4.Lard breast and legs with strips of bacon
5.In a baking pan, place the breast and legs... - 37.0942
Heat butter in pan, add quail, cook until golden brown on all sides.
Add washed and sliced leek, cook 3 minutes; discard butter, reserve leek.
Add port to pan, stir over heat to dissolve pan juices; remove liquid from pan, reserve liquid.
Remove breast meat... - 36.9109
1. Pre-heat the oven to gas mark 9, 475°F, 240°C.
2. Defrost the quails if frozen, dry them well with paper towel and then rub each one inside and out with a little salt.
3. In a small bowl mix the sauce ingredients.
4. Rub this sauce inside... - 36.7654
Quail A La Gene
Mix flour, salt, garlic powder, lemon-pepper and paprika together and dredge quail with mixture.
Brown quail well in heavy skillet in butter and oil.
While quail are browning, mix the wine, parsley, fines herbes, dill, curry, salt and pepper together.
When... - 36.5797
Make stuffing by combining 3 tbsp. butter with shallots, mushrooms,bread crumbs,parsley, salt, pepper, tarragon, nutmeg, and 1/3 cup white wine.
Clean and stuff quail.
Heat 54 lb. butter in heavy skillet,and brown quail quickly.
Turn birds breast side down... - 36.2561
1. Using a sharp knife, make cuts in several places in the skin and flesh of each quail joint.
2. Mix together the ginger, garlic, cumin, garam masala, paprika, turmeric, mint, salt and yogurt. Add the quail and coat in the sauce.
3. Cover and leave in the... - 36.1695
Smoked Herb Seasoned Quail
Pat quail dry.
Arrange in single layer in large nonaluminum container.
Mix vinegar, sage, oregano, Worcestershire sauce, garlic, thyme, rosemary, sugar and nutmeg in large bowl.
Whisk in oil 1 drop at a time.
Pour marinade over quail.
Cover tightly and... - 35.7672
Split birds down back, and brown in deep fat.
Pour off all fat and pour the following sauce over then.
Cook slowly for about 2 hours, basting frequently with the sauce: Heat tomato juice slowly, adding vinegar as it heats.
Then add butter.
Chop a clove of... - 35.7574
Tie legs of each quail together with string.
In bag mix flour, salt, and 1/8 teaspoon pepper.
Add quail 2 or 3 at la time; shake well to coat.
In skillet brown quail in butter.
Add wine and onion.
Cover and simmer till birds are tender, 25 to 30... - 34.9192
Brown birds on all sides in butter and olive oil in an 8-quart Dutch oven.
Remove birds from pan.
Add flour to pan and brown well, stirring constantly.
Return birds to pan.
Add salt, pepper and sherry, and simmer, covered, for 15 minutes.
Add chicken broth... - 34.7842
Clean and wash quail.
Season inside of quail with salt & pepper, then roll in flour.
Using butter in skillet, brown on all sides.
Add water & mushrooms, cover, and simmer for 15 minutes.
Add parsley, cover, and let simmer for 10 minutes more.
Quail should be... - 34.767
This crispy golden brown Fried Quail is utterly delicious ! Pepper up the fried quail and serve it up with some savory sauces or as an accompaniment with rice ! - 34.091
Quail On A Rice Ring
– Preheat oven to 375 °F (190 °C)
– Mix the stuffing ingredients. Divide it into eight, and stuff the quails.
– In a skillet, heat the oil and sear the quails on all sides, season with salt and pepper, and put in the oven for about 15... - 33.8828
My Own Quail Recipe
Allow for one or two quails per person.
Stuff birds as indicated below, or make a stuffing of your own with either fruit or bread.
This will provide a few more bites to eat, since the birds are so small.
Wash and wipe the quails dry.
Rub with lemon... - 33.1757
Quail In Vine Leaves
In a small bowl, mix together the honey, lemon, thyme, olive oil, salt and pepper.
Massage this mixture into the skin of each bird.
Put them aside in a cool place to marinate for 2-3 hours, or overnight in the refrigerator.
Heat 1 tablespoon cognac in a ladle... - 33.1509
Quail With Balsamic Vinegar
Reserve quail necks and giblets for other uses.
Rinse quail inside and out; pat dry.
Melt 2 tablespoons of the butter in a wide frying pan over medium-high heat.
Add quail, about 4 at a time; do not crowd pan.
Cook, turning as needed, until deep golden brown... - 32.7969
Smoked Hacreek Quail
Place quail in a large heavy-duty, zip-top plastic bag; add orange juice.
Seal bag; marinate in refrigerator 8 hours, turning bag occasionally.
Prepare charcoal fire in smoker; let burn 20 minutes.
Soak hickory chips in water at least 15 minutes; place chips... - 32.6019
Savory Broiled Quail
1. In a zip loack bag, combine sherry soy sauce, quail and sesame oil, seal the nag and marinate for at least two hours in the refrigerator
2. Keep turning the bag occasionally and, when done, drain the liquid out and reserve it
3. Spray a broiler pan... - 31.8404
Fried Quail Breasts
Yummy Fried Quail Breasts! If you were looking for a wonderful main dish for your dinner part, then this the recipe for you! Try this Fried Quail Breasts! I guarantee that you will love it and so will your guest! - 31.8386
Wash quails, pat dry, and sprinkle inside and out with salt and pepper.
Coat outside of quails with flour.
Melt butter in a skillet and brown quails on all sides until golden brown.
Add water and sliced mushrooms.
Cover and simmer over low heat for 10... - 31.2967
Quaglie Alla Toscano Barbecued Quail
Split the quail in half and place into a shallow pan.
Combine the remaining ingredients in a mixing bowl, pour over the quail, marinate 2 hours at room temperature.
Drain and reserve the marinade.
Grill quail over medium heat for 10-15 minutes basting... - 31.2072
Quail In Ashes
Rub the cavity of each quail with salt and pepper, insert 6-7 grapes and close the opening with skewers.
Brush butter over each bird, sprinkle with salt and pepper and wrap in slices of pork and grape leaves, then in 2 thicknesses of buttered paper.
Bury the... - 30.7147
Stuffed Baked Quail
Salt and pepper each bird and put 1/2 slice of bacon or 1-inch cube of salt pork in each cavity.
If using skinned quail, wrap birds entirely in bacon rather than stuffing them; this keeps them from becoming too dry.
Truss and fry in butter until... - 30.5497
Quail Cooked In Sherry
Season quail with salt; dredge with flour.
Brown in small amount of fat.
Remove; place in casserole.
Combine sherry, Worcestershire sauce and lemon juice; pour over quail.
Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour. - 30.3378
Following manufacturer's directions, preheat browning skillet 4 to 5 minutes.
Split quail down back and flatten.
Combine flour, salt, and pepper.
Lightly flour quail.
Place butter in browning skillet.
Arrange quail in preheated browning skillet.
Microwave at... - 30.1891
Preheat oven to 350 °F (175 °C).
Truss or close with small skewers.
In an ovenproof dish, place quails.
Brush with softened butter.
Season with salt and pepper.
Cook in oven 30 minutes.
Remove quails from oven.
Coat with hot sauce. - 28.4796
Soak birds overnight in salted water.
Place birds on backs in large piece of heavy foil in roasting pan.
Sprinkle onion soup mix over birds; add mushroom, chicken and celery soups.
Seal aluminum foil over birds.
Bake at 350 degrees until tender.
Serve with... - 28.1386
Easy Baked Quail
Baked Quail is one of my most popular dished. I often prepare this delicious dish dinner parties as they fit in perfectly with any menu plan! Try this wonderful Baked Quail recipe! - 26.5199
Roast Partridge Or Quail With Vine Leaves
Preheat the oven to 425°F (220°C).
Season the insides of the birds with salt and pepper and put a little butter inside each one.
Cover the breasts with bacon and enclose the birds in vine leaves.
Put them into a well-buttered baking dish in which they will... - 24.6259
Split drawn and cleaned quail down the back.
Brush each piece on all sides with melted butter.
Place with.the skin side down on broiler rack in broiler oven.
Broil 6-7 min on one side.
Then turn and broil for 6-7 min on the skin side.
Brush again with melted... - 24.2604
1. In a large bowl, mix the yogurt, ginger, garlic, tandoori masala, and 1/2 teaspoon salt.
2, Rinse quail and pat dry. Using poultry shears or a sharp knife, cut out the backbone of each quail. Turn birds skin side up and press with the palm of your
hand to... - 21.8467
Savory Broiled Quail
1. Combine first 4 ingredients in a large zip-top plastic bag; seal bag, and marinate in refrigerator 2 hours, turning bag occasionally. Remove quail from bag, reserving marinade.
2. Place quail on a broiler pan coated with cooking spray; broil 5 minutes on... - 19.6855
Stuffed Quail Made With Dorot Herbs
1)On a tray place the quail meat and season with salt and pepper.
2)In a bowl place ground veal, garlic and mix well. Add the grapes and chestnuts to this mixture and mix well.
3)Place this stuffing into the seasoned quail meat.
4)In a... - 0
Quail Recipes By Category