- » Quail
Quail, in the culinary context refers to the flesh of a class of birds belonging to the pheasant family. A medium sized bird, the quail is baked, roasted, fried or grilled to make deliciously soft meat recipes. ... More »
3 Ways With Quail Eggs
Robin has found a new ingredient to play with and this time it is Quail Eggs. Tiny and easy to cook the video shows 3 different ways of cooking and serving them. If you want to try Quail eggs then this is the video to watch and start with. - 96.8399
Easy Quail Henin
Have you ever tried Quail Henin? If not, here is a quick video which shows steps how to. Watch as the chef makes it and gives tips and cautions to be taken while making it. It is quite a tricky recipe. You will definitely enjoy it. - 86.1521
1) Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
2) Skin the quail.
3) In 2 quarts of milk, place them and marinate for 8 hours or overnight.
4) From the milk, remove the quail. Drain and dry well.
5) With a mix of black pepper, red pepper and salt, rub the... - 47.0301
Stir Fried Quails
1. Defrost the quails if frozen, dry them inside and out with paper towel.
2. Cut each quail into about 6 pieces with a cleaver or sharp knife.
3. In a bowl put all the marinade ingredients and quail and mix them well and let the marinade steep... - 45.3972
Roast Stuffed Quail
1. Wash the birds thoroughly and pat dry on paper towels.
2. Season birds well, rubbing the salt and pepper inside cavities and outside.
Preheat the oven to 300° F
3. In a saucepan, combine Madeira, raisins, and cloves.
4. Place on low... - 45.0942
Quail New Orleans
1 Tie the wings of each quail to body and tie legs together, using a butcher's twine.
2 In a large plastic bag, add flour, salt, and pepper.
3 Place 1 quail at a time in the bag and shake to coat.
4 In a 10-inch skillet, add oil... - 43.9269
Hot And Spicy Quail
Use a sharp knife to split the quail down the spine.
Splay the halves and flatten them with a cleaver.
For the marinade, heat the oil in a pan and add the garlic, spring onions and lemon grass.
Cook over moderate heat for 2-3 minutes.
Leave to cool.
Stir in... - 43.8425
Oven Fried Quail And Brussels Sprouts
1) Preheat the oven to 400 degree
2) In a shallow dish, place the quail after tying the legs of the quail
3) To this, pour the sauterne and leave it to marinate for 12 hours in the refrigerator
4) Drain the quail after the marinating and... - 43.838
Quail Egg Siu Mai
Combine filling ingredients in a bowl and mix well.
Set aside for 30 minutes.
If using wanton wrappers, trim edges to form circles.
To fill each dumpling, place one quail egg in center of wrapper; keep remaining wrappers covered to prevent drying.
Place 1... - 43.8102
Quail In Orange Sauce
Preheat oven to 350°.
Wash and dry quail.
Brush with melted butter.
Combine remaining ingredients in saucepan; cook over medium heat until boiling.
Simmer for 2 minutes, stirring constantly.
Remove from heat; brush quail with sauce.
Roast in oven for 20... - 43.5493
1. Dredge quails with seasoned flour.
2. In a large Dutch oven or a casserole, melt butter over medium high flame.
3. When the butter starts to froth, arrange the birds breast side down and sear evenly on all sides until lightly... - 43.2288
Quail With Rose Petals
Quail with Rose Petals is a fragrant dish. The flavors beautifully balance out each other and what you have is an exquisite dish, teasing you with an afterglow of the rose fragrance. - 43.0824
Cook bacon, stirring, in small dry pan until crisp; drain on absorbent paper.
Squeeze excess Liquid from spinach; chop roughly.
Combine bacon and spinach in medium bowl with ricotta and sage.
Remove and discard necks from quail.
Rinse quail under cold water;... - 42.9988
Fried quail is a seasoned and floured fried meat recipe. Cooked to a golden brown, the fried quail can be served with a gravy or sauce prepared with pan drippings and seasoned to taste. - 42.942
Twice Cooked Quail
1. Preheat the oven to 450° F.
2. In a small bowl, combine the pepper, salt, rosemary and garlic.
3. Rub the spice and seasoning mixture into the cavity and on the outside of each quail.
4. Truss each quail using a 10 inch butchers twine such... - 42.9121
Mushroom And Quails Egg Gougere
1. Preheat the oven to 220°F/425°C/ Gas 7. To make the pastry, melt the butter in a pan with the salt and water, and bring to the boil. Remove from the heat, add all the flour and beat with a wooden spoon until it forms a ball.
2. Return the pan to the heat... - 42.8861
Minced Quail In Lettuce Leaves
Minced Quail In Lettuce Leaves is an amazingly delicious side dish. Serve this Minced Quail In Lettuce Leaves; I am sure you will always be tempted to prepare this for every party! - 42.7438
1 Mix the stuffing ingredients together and stuff and truss each quail.
Season the quails.
2 Preheat the oven to 200Â°C, 400Â°F, gas 6.
Heat the butter and oil and brown the quails.
Transfer to an ovenproof dish.
Brown the onions in the same fat and add... - 42.715
Quail Fricassee In Orange Sauce
Quail Fricassee In Orange Sauce tastes great. Quail Fricassee In Orange Sauce is an easy to make sauce. The chicken broths enhance the taste of Quail Fricassee In Orange Sauce. - 41.7492
Casserole Of Quail
1. Skin quail.
2. Finely dice onion, celery and mushrooms.
3. Preheat oven to 350° Fahrenheit.
4. In a saucepan, put together sliced vegetables and wine; simmer for 5 minutes.
5. Pour water and stir in grapes and crumbled stock cubes;... - 41.3632
Season each quail with salt and pep- per; wrap with bacon, covering completely.
Secure with toothpicks; place on ""rack under broiler.
Broil for 20 minutes, basting frequently with butter.
Re- move quail to heated platter; keep warm with tent... - 41.2379
1. Wash the quail well and thoroughly pat dry with a kitchen towel.
2. Season the quails with salt and pepper and dredge with flour.
3. In a large casserole or Dutch oven, melt the butter over a medium flame.
4. Sear the quails well... - 41.0092
1) Preheat oven at 300°.
2) In a bowl, place the first 8 ingredients to combine thoroughly.
3) Add quail to this marinade. Coat evenly.
4) Place inside the refrigerator for at least a day, by covering the bowl. Flip the quail several times... - 40.5301
Quail With Orange Sauce In Potato Baskets
Sprinkle quail with salt and pepper, dredge in flour.
Brown in oil and butter in skillet.
Remove quail, and set aside.
Add wine to pan drippings, bring to a boil, stirring well.
Return quail to skillet; cover, reduce heat to low, and cook 30 minutes, basting... - 40.4796
For the Xocopili Jus:
Caramelize the oranges, apples, garlic, onions, carrots and celery. Add tomato paste, aromatics and spices, and let cook for another 5 minutes. Deglaze with wines and reduce 75%. Add stocks and reduce, constantly skimming until it... - 40.2283
This minced quail is one of the best quail dishes that I've ever tasted ! This decorated quail dish is very appetizing ! Try out this seasoned quail and vegetables dish and tell me if you liked it ! Your suggestions for this Minced Quail are welcome ! - 39.9962
Tie legs of each quail together; twist wings under back.
In paper or plastic bag combine flour, 1 teaspoon salt, and pepper.
Add quail, 2 or 3 at a time; shake well to coat.
In skillet brown quail slowly in butter.
Add wine and onion.
Cover and simmer till... - 39.4213
Quail Egg Siu Mai
Preparation Combine filling ingredients in a bowl and mix well.
Set aside for 30 minutes.
If using wonton wrappers, trim edges to form circles.
To fill each dumpling, place one quail egg in center of wrapper; keep remaining wrappers covered to prevent... - 39.4077
Quail A La Gene
Mix flour, salt, garlic powder, lemon-pepper and paprika together and dredge quail with mixture.
Brown quail well in heavy skillet in butter and oil.
While quail are browning, mix the wine, parsley, fines herbes, dill, curry, salt and pepper together.
When... - 39.2148
1. Pre-heat the oven to gas mark 9, 475°F, 240°C.
2. Defrost the quails if frozen, dry them well with paper towel and then rub each one inside and out with a little salt.
3. In a small bowl mix the sauce ingredients.
4. Rub this sauce inside... - 39.2116
Canned Quail In Sherry
Wipe the quail thoroughly.
Place the salt pork, carrot, onion and celery in a heavy kettle or Dutch oven.
Arrange the quail over the vegetable mixture and add just enough sherry to cover.
Add the peppercorns and salt and bring to a boil.
Bake at 375... - 39.161
Heat butter in pan, add quail, cook until golden brown on all sides.
Add washed and sliced leek, cook 3 minutes; discard butter, reserve leek.
Add port to pan, stir over heat to dissolve pan juices; remove liquid from pan, reserve liquid.
Remove breast meat... - 39.0133
1) Rinse quail well in cold water; pat dry with paper towels.
2) In a large non-stick pan, heat butter and sauté quail until nicely browned for about 10 minutes.
3) Stir in the shallots and cook, stirring occasionally, until tender for about 5... - 38.2282
Split birds down back, and brown in deep fat.
Pour off all fat and pour the following sauce over then.
Cook slowly for about 2 hours, basting frequently with the sauce: Heat tomato juice slowly, adding vinegar as it heats.
Then add butter.
Chop a clove of... - 38.215
1. Using a sharp knife, make cuts in several places in the skin and flesh of each quail joint.
2. Mix together the ginger, garlic, cumin, garam masala, paprika, turmeric, mint, salt and yogurt. Add the quail and coat in the sauce.
3. Cover and leave in the... - 38.1797
Smoked Herb Seasoned Quail
Pat quail dry.
Arrange in single layer in large nonaluminum container.
Mix vinegar, sage, oregano, Worcestershire sauce, garlic, thyme, rosemary, sugar and nutmeg in large bowl.
Whisk in oil 1 drop at a time.
Pour marinade over quail.
Cover tightly and... - 38.1118
Brown birds on all sides in butter and olive oil in an 8-quart Dutch oven.
Remove birds from pan.
Add flour to pan and brown well, stirring constantly.
Return birds to pan.
Add salt, pepper and sherry, and simmer, covered, for 15 minutes.
Add chicken broth... - 37.89
1.Start by preheating the oven to 350F degrees
2.Also dress, clean and stuff each bird with one large oyster
3.Truss, season and dredge with flour
4.Lard breast and legs with strips of bacon
5.In a baking pan, place the breast and legs... - 37.7459
Tie legs of each quail together with string.
In bag mix flour, salt, and 1/8 teaspoon pepper.
Add quail 2 or 3 at la time; shake well to coat.
In skillet brown quail in butter.
Add wine and onion.
Cover and simmer till birds are tender, 25 to 30... - 37.2846
Quail On A Rice Ring
– Preheat oven to 375 °F (190 °C)
– Mix the stuffing ingredients. Divide it into eight, and stuff the quails.
– In a skillet, heat the oil and sear the quails on all sides, season with salt and pepper, and put in the oven for about 15... - 35.8283
My Own Quail Recipe
Allow for one or two quails per person.
Stuff birds as indicated below, or make a stuffing of your own with either fruit or bread.
This will provide a few more bites to eat, since the birds are so small.
Wash and wipe the quails dry.
Rub with lemon... - 35.8057
This crispy golden brown Fried Quail is utterly delicious ! Pepper up the fried quail and serve it up with some savory sauces or as an accompaniment with rice ! - 35.6842
Quail With Balsamic Vinegar
Reserve quail necks and giblets for other uses.
Rinse quail inside and out; pat dry.
Melt 2 tablespoons of the butter in a wide frying pan over medium-high heat.
Add quail, about 4 at a time; do not crowd pan.
Cook, turning as needed, until deep golden brown... - 35.2498
Smoked Hacreek Quail
Place quail in a large heavy-duty, zip-top plastic bag; add orange juice.
Seal bag; marinate in refrigerator 8 hours, turning bag occasionally.
Prepare charcoal fire in smoker; let burn 20 minutes.
Soak hickory chips in water at least 15 minutes; place chips... - 34.9078
Quail In Vine Leaves
In a small bowl, mix together the honey, lemon, thyme, olive oil, salt and pepper.
Massage this mixture into the skin of each bird.
Put them aside in a cool place to marinate for 2-3 hours, or overnight in the refrigerator.
Heat 1 tablespoon cognac in a ladle... - 34.803
Fried Quail Breasts
Yummy Fried Quail Breasts! If you were looking for a wonderful main dish for your dinner part, then this the recipe for you! Try this Fried Quail Breasts! I guarantee that you will love it and so will your guest! - 33.8757
Clean and wash quail.
Season inside of quail with salt & pepper, then roll in flour.
Using butter in skillet, brown on all sides.
Add water & mushrooms, cover, and simmer for 15 minutes.
Add parsley, cover, and let simmer for 10 minutes more.
Quail should be... - 33.7282
Wash quails, pat dry, and sprinkle inside and out with salt and pepper.
Coat outside of quails with flour.
Melt butter in a skillet and brown quails on all sides until golden brown.
Add water and sliced mushrooms.
Cover and simmer over low heat for 10... - 33.3158
Stuffed Baked Quail
Salt and pepper each bird and put 1/2 slice of bacon or 1-inch cube of salt pork in each cavity.
If using skinned quail, wrap birds entirely in bacon rather than stuffing them; this keeps them from becoming too dry.
Truss and fry in butter until... - 33.1373
Savory Broiled Quail
1. In a zip loack bag, combine sherry soy sauce, quail and sesame oil, seal the nag and marinate for at least two hours in the refrigerator
2. Keep turning the bag occasionally and, when done, drain the liquid out and reserve it
3. Spray a broiler pan... - 32.7744
Gull Or Quail Eggs
If the eggs have been bought uncooked, plunge them into cold water.
Should any float, discard as not fresh.
Put the eggs into a saucepan of cold water, bring to the boil and cook for 8-9 minutes.
Run cold water over them.
Store in refrigerator until... - 31.9988
Following manufacturer's directions, preheat browning skillet 4 to 5 minutes.
Split quail down back and flatten.
Combine flour, salt, and pepper.
Lightly flour quail.
Place butter in browning skillet.
Arrange quail in preheated browning skillet.
Microwave at... - 31.9339
Quail Cooked In Sherry
Season quail with salt; dredge with flour.
Brown in small amount of fat.
Remove; place in casserole.
Combine sherry, Worcestershire sauce and lemon juice; pour over quail.
Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour. - 31.4644
Quail In Ashes
Rub the cavity of each quail with salt and pepper, insert 6-7 grapes and close the opening with skewers.
Brush butter over each bird, sprinkle with salt and pepper and wrap in slices of pork and grape leaves, then in 2 thicknesses of buttered paper.
Bury the... - 31.044
Preheat oven to 350 °F (175 °C).
Truss or close with small skewers.
In an ovenproof dish, place quails.
Brush with softened butter.
Season with salt and pepper.
Cook in oven 30 minutes.
Remove quails from oven.
Coat with hot sauce. - 30.3272
Soak birds overnight in salted water.
Place birds on backs in large piece of heavy foil in roasting pan.
Sprinkle onion soup mix over birds; add mushroom, chicken and celery soups.
Seal aluminum foil over birds.
Bake at 350 degrees until tender.
Serve with... - 30.0091
Easy Baked Quail
Baked Quail is one of my most popular dished. I often prepare this delicious dish dinner parties as they fit in perfectly with any menu plan! Try this wonderful Baked Quail recipe! - 28.1573
Quaglie Alla Toscano Barbecued Quail
Split the quail in half and place into a shallow pan.
Combine the remaining ingredients in a mixing bowl, pour over the quail, marinate 2 hours at room temperature.
Drain and reserve the marinade.
Grill quail over medium heat for 10-15 minutes basting... - 27.7702
Hardcooked Quail Eggs
Place eggs in a large, heavy saucepan.
Add enough cold water to cover and bring to a boil over medium heat.
Boil gently for 4 to 5 minutes.
Pour off hot water, fill saucepan with cold water to cover eggs and allow them to cool completely.
Refrigerate until... - 27.6483
Roast Partridge Or Quail With Vine Leaves
Preheat the oven to 425°F (220°C).
Season the insides of the birds with salt and pepper and put a little butter inside each one.
Cover the breasts with bacon and enclose the birds in vine leaves.
Put them into a well-buttered baking dish in which they will... - 26.6071
Split drawn and cleaned quail down the back.
Brush each piece on all sides with melted butter.
Place with.the skin side down on broiler rack in broiler oven.
Broil 6-7 min on one side.
Then turn and broil for 6-7 min on the skin side.
Brush again with melted... - 26.2565
1. In a large bowl, mix the yogurt, ginger, garlic, tandoori masala, and 1/2 teaspoon salt.
2, Rinse quail and pat dry. Using poultry shears or a sharp knife, cut out the backbone of each quail. Turn birds skin side up and press with the palm of your
hand to... - 23.795
Savory Broiled Quail
1. Combine first 4 ingredients in a large zip-top plastic bag; seal bag, and marinate in refrigerator 2 hours, turning bag occasionally. Remove quail from bag, reserving marinade.
2. Place quail on a broiler pan coated with cooking spray; broil 5 minutes on... - 21.2003
Quail Recipes By Category