- » Preserving
Enjoy our collection of preserving recipes submitted, reviewed and rated by ifood.tv community. Meet people who are looking for preserving recipes.
Umeshu And Ume Syrup Oriental Style
Wondering what to do with all the plums in your pantry?? This video shows exactly what you can do with the fruit. Follow the step by step guide and learn how you can prepare Plum Wine and Plum Syrup that can be further put to several uses. - 144.301
Dong Chi Mi
Koreans just love kimchi. It is a condiment and often serves as an ingredient for other recipes. Here is a recipe showing how to make water radish kimchi or Dong Chi Mi. Watch the video for the directions. - 124.167
Chong Gak Kimchi
The bachelor kimchi is another very popular type of kimchi which is very famous in Korea. It is a summer kimchi and interestingly got its name from the ponytails worn by the bachelors in the olden times. To learn this recipe watch this video and enjoy making... - 123.062
If you like pickled cucumbers then there is a chance that you will appreciate the taste of these stuffed cucumbers made into kimchi. This Korean recipe is just awesome and is so simple to bring together. Watch the video to learn making Korean stuffed cucumber... - 122.994
For all the people who like less salt and mild flavored kimchi, here is a recipe for you. This summer white kimchi is tasty though it has very less salt and mild flavor. You must try this one. Watch the video for the recipe. - 122.872
Po Gui Bea Chu Kimchi
The whole nappa cabbage kimchi is normally stored for a longer time compared to the other kimchis. This traditional kimchi tastes bit different from the other cabbage kimchi. Find the recipe in this video and enjoy the kimchi. - 122.307
Korean Perilla Kimchi
This Korean preparation of Korean Perilla Kimchi is just amazing. If you have never tried any of such preparation, then you must try it once. It is simple to make and stays for a long time. You will relish it every time to eat it. Watch the video for perilla... - 122.189
Green onion kimchi or Pa Kimchi is one of the spicy kimchis' made. The kimchi has carefully chosen ingredients that makes it special. You can try this recipe at home with some help from this video. Enjoy the video!! - 121.202
Korean Nappa Cabbage Kimchi
Here is a recipe to make Nappa Cabbage Kimchi, a famous and popular dish from Korea. It is dish with many uses. If you are a food enthusiast, you are going to love this video. Watch the video to learn making kimchi. - 120.357
Tips To Make Pear Preserve At Home
Pears are popular and nutritious fruits. They are easily available in the stores almost anytime. However, if you wish to stock pears at home to save the trouble of buying every time you need them, watch this video to learn how to make pear preserves at home. - 119.152
How To Make Strawberry Jam
Who doesn't like strawberry jam? And when it is prepared at home, it is something more exclusive. You might have thought this to be an elaborate process, but with this recipe you too can make it. Go through the video and try your hands on. - 118.537
Cubed kimchi is a treat to the people who love kimchi. Although all the kimchi have a special flavor, this one has the crunchiness of radishes which adds to the over all taste and flavor. Watch this video to learn the recipe. - 118.195
Do you know, you will need only two ingredients to prepare homemade vanilla extract? It is that easy and you can do it confidently. So, watch the video and prepare your own vanilla extract. - 116.863
Meyer Lemons Limoncello Recipe
Need a summer drink that is refreshing, thirst-quenching and packs a kick too? Then replace your lemonade with a chilled glass of limoncello. Colorful, flavorful and zesty, this intensely lemony drink makes for a great after-dinner aperitif. Tune into this... - 107.101
Clove-studded Red Cinnamon Pears
1. Stud each pear quarter with a few whole cloves.
2. Put into sterilized 1 quart glass jar with screw lid.
3. Combine reserved pear syrup, sugar, and cinnamon drops in a saucepan. Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring constantly.
3. Reduce... - 105.041
1. Grate the savoy cabbage along with the purple cabbage and carrots, once done transfer it in a bowl and mix it with sea salt.
2. Massage the seas salt until well incorporated along with the cabbage.
3. Store the Sauerkraut in a bottle and seal the... - 103.683
Classic Fermented Squid
Maangchi has yet another traditional fermented dish, Korean fermented squid. Loke kimchi, this dish is also full of spicy to make your mouth water. So, next time you get a good bargain on squids try this recipe and enjoy it for a long time. Its amazing to see... - 103.634
Can you imagine preparing delicious jam at your own kitchen? Yes, it can be possible, provided you can collect some fresh berries from your neighborhood or buy from grocery stores. Watch the video to learn the tips on preparing and preserving the yummy jam. - 97.2864
Preserving Fruit: How To Make Jam
In this video Patti Moreno, the Garden Girl, shows you how to make a delicious Jelly or Jam from fruits around the homestead. Landscaping your home with edible plants has many benefits, including super sweet preserves to last the year. Enjoy! - 92.9312
Home Pickled Mushrooms
Come monsoons and there are loads of mushrooms in the market. In case you too are a mushroom lover and want to enjoy them all year around, why don’t you pickle them. This is video which shows the technique to pickle mushrooms. - 92.7064
Learn how to preserve peaches in bottles. Its quiet simple to do, so enjoy. - 91.4993
In this video, Victoria is sharing an European side dish/relish. They are like pickles or nice sharp side dish. Perfect for heavy dishes. Watch and learn how to make them. And as always, enjoy! - 91.2249
Spicy Pickled Jalapeno Peppers
We must you, this is not for the faint hearted. Pickled Jalapeno Peppers is side dish that you can have with mildly flavored main course meal. Watch and learn how to make it from Victoria in this video. - 88.9876
1. Wrap a large casserole with plastic wrap. Place salmon over the bowl.
2. Cover the salmon with salt, dill seeds and dill. Add in the lemon zest, grape fruit zest and orange zest. Top with orange, lemon and grapefruits. Cover the salmon with another... - 83.0873
Garlic Butter — The Easy Way Part 3 Cooking And Serving
Want something flavorful to complement your grilled food? Here is a quick recipe on how to make garlic butter from the scratch. Impressive, flavorful and deceptively easy, this yummy butter brings to your table loads of taste and a slew of health benefits... - 82.4471
Prosciutto — Part 3 Curing
Nothing beats the taste and flavor of homemade prosciutto that makes for a great accompaniment with figs, fruit, or cheese. But buying them from the deli could be quite a pricey affair. However, if you are willing to do a little extra work, you can make it... - 79.1837
Nothing can be compared with the taste and goodness of fresh fruits, but to enjoy this benefit through-out the year, you need to learn the easy technique of fruit preservation. Home-style method of food preservation is best, as there is no chemical used. In... - 74.6244
Raw Kombucha Tea
Have you tried the Kombucha Tea yet? Its time you did. The beverage is packed with a whole lot of goodness for your overall health including your skin and hair. In this video chef Dorothy demonstrates how you can prepare Raw Kombucha Tea. - 61.2739
1)Remove tops off the chilies and with a cocktail sticks remove seeds.
2)In a bowl, mix all the ingredients and keep aside half of the oil.
3)Stuff the mixture into the chilies from the top holes and put them in a clean, dry jar.
4)Pour... - 47.7894
Fresh Corn Relish
Remove the husks and silk from corn.
Cut the kernels from the ears.
There should be about 9 cups.
Place the corn and cabbage in a 5-quart saucepan or preserving kettle with pepper and onion flakes, sugar, salt, spices, vinegar and 1 3/4 cups water.
Bring to... - 47.4644
Gur Keri Nu Achar
Peel and cut mangoes into small pieces.
Rub with salt and dry in sun, covered with a thin muslin cloth for two days.
Wash dried fruit in extra vinegar and cut figs into small pieces.
Mix all ingredients except jaggery, mustard and half cup vinegar.
Add enough... - 47.1114
Sun Dried Tomatoes In Oil
Sun Dried Tomatoes In Oil is a classic accompaniment which can enhance the taste of your meal manifold. Sun Dried Tomatoes In Oil is an easy to make recipe and goes excellent with Bread And Cheese. Believe me, you will certainly have your guests calling up... - 46.8614
Crunchy Coleslaw Pickle
1. In a large bowl, tip in the sliced celery, onions, cauliflower and pears
2. Cover with boiling water
3. Leave to stand for 10 minutes
4. Drain well in a colander
5. Pat dry the vegetables between 2 layers of absorbent kitchen paper
6. Prepare... - 46.7369
Green Tomato Pickle
Slice the tomatoes and onions thinly.
Remove membranes and seeds from peppers.
Cut the peppers into rings or strips.
Sprinkle the salt over the vegetables in layers.
Let stand overnight.
Drain the vegetables, rinse thoroughly in cold water, drain well... - 46.3421
Pickled Watermelon Rind
1. In a salt-resistant pot or pan prepare a brine of 2 tablespoons salt with 1 quart of water.
2. Cover the melon rind in brine, let it stand overnight and drain.
3. Into the pot add fresh water, cook the rind with cover for about 10 minutes such that... - 46.2135
Methia Nu Achar
Wash, dry completely and cut mangoes through the seed into medium-sized pieces.
Rub with salt and keep aside for two hours.
Drain out water, mix with garlic and all spices except mustard seeds.
Leave for four hours.
Heat both oils in a large pan, with lime... - 46.0285
Wash and wipe mangoes.
Heat oil with turmeric in a large patio or flat-bottomed pan.
Add mangoes and cook on medium heat for about thirty minutes.
Keep pan covered with an inverted lid with water on it.
Remove lid occasionally to turn mangoes so that they do... - 46.0126
Traditional Young Cucumber Bread And Butter Pickles
Place the cucumbers in a 2-gallon crock.
Slice the onions.
Cut the pepper into rings or strips.
Place both in the crock, add the salt, and cover with a thick layer of ice cubes.
Let stand overnight.
Combine the rest of the ingredients, bring... - 45.7835
Remove tips from the beans.
Drop into rapidly boiling water with the 1 tsp salt.
Cover and cook 8-9 minutes.
Do not overcook.
The beans should still be crisp.
In the meantime, combine the turmeric, mustard, flour, 1 1/2 tsp salt, and brown... - 45.7231
Bread And Butter Pickles
1) Slice the cucumbers, onions, green and red peppers in very thin rounds.
2) In a stone crock, place the vegetable slices.
3) In a bowl, combine the salt and cracked ice together.
4) Pack around the sliced vegetables and cover the... - 45.6939
Homemade Marinated Sun Dried Tomatoes
1) A non-plastic or non-aluminum bowl is readied for this dish.
2) Tomatoes are placed in the bowl.
3) Meanwhile, vinegar is heated in a stainless steel pot.
4) This is poured over the tomatoes.
5) The vinegar is stirred in well and... - 45.6474
Wipe, but do not wash the cucumbers.
Peel the onions.
Break the cauliflower into flowerets about 1 1/2".
Place all three vegetables into a 2-gallon crock.
Boil all the other ingredients except the garlic together uncovered for 15 minutes.
Add the... - 45.5666
Fresh Coriander And Ginger Chutney
1. In a shallow heatproof dish, tip in the olive oil
2. Microwave on HIGH for 1 minute
3. Add the onions, garlic and ginger
4. Cover with a cling film
5. Microwave on HIGH again for 6 minutes, Stir halfway through the cooking process
6. Prepare... - 45.2782
Divide cauliflower into flowerets.
There should be 2 quarts.
Scald and peel onions.
Add salt to vegetables; mix with ice cubes; cover with more ice cubes.
Let stand for 3 hours.
Mix remaining ingredients in large kettle; bring to boil, stirring to... - 45.1553
Mewa Nu Achar
Wash all dried fruit in a little vinegar.
Soak apricots overnight in 1 1/2—2 cups vinegar.
Cook jaggery in half the vinegar till dissolved.
Strain into another pan.
Add crushed spices and chilli powder and bring to boil.
Add all fruit, carrots, mango pulp-... - 45.1462
Arrange vegetables in layers in large bowl or enamel preserving kettle, sprinkling each layer with salt.
Let stand overnight.
Mix mustard and sugar in large preserving kettle.
Add water, vinegar, and seeds.
Add cloves and allspice tied in cheesecloth... - 44.6964
Cut corn from cobs; set aside.
Using coarse blade of food grinder, grind onions, green and red peppers, cucumbers, celery, cabbage, hot peppers, and garlic.
Combine ground vegetables with corn; stir in 1/4 cup salt.
Cover; chill overnight.
Rinse and drain... - 44.6943
Asian Mixed Vegetable Salad
Pare and slice the carrots, then place the whole green beans, limas and carrot slices in a deep kettle.
Break up the cauliflower and cut the corn from the cob, then add to the kettle.
Add water to cover and bring to a boil.
Reduce heat and cook for 25... - 44.2371
Wild Moose Milk A Different Eggnog
1. Prepare a double boiler by placing a saucepan filled with 3 inches water on a medium low flame.
2. Tie the spices in a piece of muslin.
3. Break the eggs, one at a time into a large basin, removing the germ or the thread like thing that... - 44.1838
Meetha Nimbu Achar
1)In a saucepan, add all ingredients, except lemons and cook for about 10 minutes.
2)Take a clean and dry jar, drop the lemons first and then add the cooked mixture.
3)Shake the jar thoroughly and keep it in warm place or in sun until lemon skin is... - 44.1758
Hot Green Tomato Pickle
Wash and stem tomatoes.
Slice tomatoes and onions thinly.
Sprinkle salt over vegetables in layers.
Let stand overnight.
In the morning drain thoroughly.
Tie whole spices, garlic, and dried red pepper in cheesecloth bag; add to vinegar along with... - 44.0332
1) Discard tough seeds from cucumbers.
2) Shred cucumbers with a knife or in a food processor bowl fitted with a shredding disc and empty the shredded cucumbers to a large mixing bowl when they each Fill Level.
3) Roughly chop the remaining... - 44.0243
Tomato Cucumber Relish
Prick tomatoes with a fork.
In medium mixing bowl, combine tomatoes, cucumbers and onion; mix well.
Place in pint containers.
Combine remaining ingredients; blend well.
Pour 1/3 of mixture into each pint container.
Store in refrigerator.
Drain before... - 43.6812
Icicle Pickles 11 Day Pickles
First day: wash, dry, and cut cucumbers in half, lengthwise.
Put in a crock.
Dissolve the salt in the gallon of water and cover the cucumbers.
Add more brine in the same proportions if necessary.
Let stand 4 days.
The brine will ferment.
Fifth day: drain... - 43.465
Gharab Nu Achar
Wash and dry fish roe.
Peel cardamoms and crush with cinnamon, and cloves.
Heat oil and 400 ml vinegar.
Add roe and fry.
Remove, cool and cut into one-inch pieces.
Beat mustard and vinegar till strong enough to sting eyes and nose when sniffed.
Reheat oil and... - 43.4465
Crisp Bread And Butter Pickles
Slice cucumbers into paper-thin slices, leaving the peel on.
Slice onions into thin rings.
Cut peppers into thin rings or strips.
Dissolve coarse salt in the water and pour over the sliced vegetables.
Put some ice on top of cucumbers.
Use about 1 quart... - 43.2426
Spiced Pickled Beets
Wash and drain beets.
Leave 2 inches of stems and the taproots.
Cover with boiling water and cook until tender.
Drain and peel.
There should be about 3 quarts.
Bring remaining ingredients and 1 1/2 cups water to boil and simmer for 15 minutes.
Pack beets into... - 43.1881
Meethi Keri Ni Katri Ni Chutney
Peel and slice mangoes.
Dissolve sugar in some vinegar to make a syrup.
Add sliced mangoes and bring to boil.
Add ground spices and half the sultanas and simmer till mixture thickens, stirring continuously.
Add salt and remove from fire.
Cool, add remaining... - 43.1419
Spiced Preserved Cantaloupe
Tie allspice and ginger in cheese cloth bag.
In 5-quart saucepan place spice bag, 2 cups sugar and next 5 ingredients.
Stirring occasionally, bring to boil over medium-high heat.
Stirring occasionally, boil gently for 20 minutes.
Remove from heat;... - 43.1301
1. Prepare the vegetables as per their kind, preferably cutting into 1/2 to 1 inch pieces.
2. In a pan, prepare brine by dissolving 4 ounces salt in 2 pints cold water.
3. Put the cut vegetables in brine,cover and let it stand... - 43.0852
1) Line the bottoms of 2 quart (or 4 pt) jars with grape leaves.
2) Slice the cucumbers in half lengthwise.
3) Pack the cucumbers in the prepared jars.
4) Top each jar with half of dill, horseradish, mustard seed and onion slices.
5) In... - 42.8953
1. Prepare the fruit.
2. Sterilize jelly jars.
3. In a large heavy bottomed pan or kettle, combine the fruit with the orange and lemon juice and rind, sugar and salt.
4. Place the pan over a medium flame and bring mixture to a boil... - 42.8568
1) Mix together vinegar, water, salt, calcium chloride and sugar.
2) In a deep bowl, put cucumber and cover it with vinegar mixture.
3) Cover the bowl with a plate or lid and let stand for a whole night.
4) On the following day, take a... - 42.5579
Spiced Crab Apples
Wash the crab apples.
Leave on the stems but remove the blossom ends.
Prick each apple several times with a fork.
Combine the sugar, cider vinegar, water, and spices in a preserving kettle.
Bring to the boil and add the apples.
Simmer gently... - 42.3284
Olive Oil Cucumber Onion Pickle
Thinly slice unpeeled washed cucumbers and peeled onions into crock or large bowl, sprinkling each layer generously with salt.
Let stand overnight.
Drain, and rinse with cold water.
Bring remaining ingredients except oil to boil.
Add vegetables... - 42.2823
Indian Hot Mango Pickle
Wash the mangoes and cut into 2.5 cm (1 inch) pieces, discarding the seeds.
Rub the salt on the pieces and leave overnight.
Squeeze out all the liquid from the pieces, then leave to dry for a minimum of 6 hours.
Heat the oil and fry all the whole spices for... - 42.249
Crystal Tomato Pickles
Cut tomatoes into 1/4 inch slices and put in bowl.
Dissolve lime in 4 cups water and add to tomatoes.
Let stand overnight in refrigerator.
Next day, drain; rinse tomatoes in several changes of cold water; drain again.
In kettle mix sugar, spices tied in... - 42.2161
Vanilla Cardamom Plum Jelly
Line a colander with cheesecloth and place colander inside a bowl; set aside.
Bring plums, water, and cardamom to a boil in a large pot over high heat.
Reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer until fruit is soft, about 15 minutes.
Pour plum mixture into... - 42.1125
1. In a large stone crock with a lid, add the brandy.
2. Add fruit to the brandy, as they come in season, adding an equal amount of sugar along with the fruit.
3. Stir the mixture every day until all the fruit has been added to the pot.
4. Cover the... - 42.1115
Swedish Gravad Lax
Gravad lax, in the older days was made by fishermen, who salted the salmon and lightly fermented it by burying it in the sand above the high-tide line. But now a jewel in the menus of high end restaurants is a beautiful creation of curing meat with salt and... - 42.0154
Pack 6 pint sealers with the cucumbers.
Add one good-sized dill head and one clove garlic to each pint.
Heat the water, vinegar, and pickling salt to boiling point.
Pour vinegar solution over the cucumbers, filling the jars to within 1/2" of the top.
Seal... - 41.9588
Taji Sardine Nu Achar
Clean and gut fish.
Rub with a little salt and shallow fry.
Leave in oil to cool.
Beat mustard with a little vinegar for fifteen minutes, till strong enough to sting eyes and nose when sniffed.
Coarsely grind garlic and cumin seeds in a little... - 41.833
Place eggs in a saucepan, cover with cold water.
Cover the saucepan.
Bring to the boil over high heat.
Remove immediately from the heat.
Let stand 20 minutes.
Cool and peel under cold running water.
Place eggs in a glass container.
Bring the rest of... - 41.8077
1) Half the lemons and squeeze out juice from them.
2) Chop or mince the lemon shells finely.
3) In a closed pan, over low heat, combine together all ingredients and cook for about 30 minutes till the mixture becomes soft and thick. Else... - 41.6171
Wash and sterilize 4 (1-pint) jars and closures, stand them on a baking sheet, and keep hot in a 250° F. oven until needed.
Peel peaches, then drop in water-salt-lemon juice mixture to prevent darkening.
Bring water and sugar to a boil in an enamel or... - 41.5706
Crispy Pickle Slices
Combine sliced cucumbers, onions, green peppers, garlic (speared on wooden picks for easy removal), and pickling salt.
Cover with cracked ice; mix well.
Let cucumber mixture stand for 3 hours; drain well.
Combine sugar, cider vinegar, mustard... - 41.5496
Cook vegetables separately and then combine after draining.
Add mustard and sugar to vinegar.
Bring mixture to boil.
Add vegetables and bring to boil again.
Spoon mixture into sterilized jars.
Seal and cool. - 41.4184
Mixed Vegetable Pickle
1) In deep bowls, arrange layers of mixed vegetables and salt, allowing 1 tablespoon salt per lb of prepared vegetables and keep aside for a whole night.
2) On the next day, drain the vegetables and remove excess salt by pouring in plain... - 41.3801
Green Tomato Chutney
1) In a closed pan, over low heat, simmer fruit, onions and salt with 1/2 pint vinegar until tender.
2) Mix spices with sugar and 1 pint vinegar and stir this to the cooked fruit and onion.
3) Allow the mixture to stir cook until thickened.
4) If... - 41.0669
Star Spangled Favorites
1) Sterilize six pint jars with lids.
2) In a pan, boil fresh corn for 5 minutes and drain it. Put it into cold water and cool it, enough to handle.
3) Cut kernels from cobs. The kernels should be about 2 1/2 quarts.
4) Take a 6-quart... - 41.0451
David's Preserved Peppers
1) In a large pot boil water along with salt. Take the pot off the flame and stir in vinegar.
2) Take 5 1-quart canning jars, clean and sterilize them.
3) Distribute the whole peppercorns, 6 halved garlic cloves, dill sprigs and bay leaves equally... - 40.9942
Gosht Nu Achar
Rub some salt into meat pieces and fry in oil with whole spices till well browned and cooked.
Add ground spices, with sugar and salt.
Simmer gently till spices and meat are well amalgamated and cooked through.
Cool and bottle, keeping pickle covered with... - 40.9542
Peel the pears but leave on the stems if possible.
Simmer the pears 10 minutes in boiling water to cover.
Drain off all the water except 1 cup.
Combine the spices, sugar, vinegar, and 1 cup pear water.
Bring to the boil and let boil 5 minutes.
Add the pears,... - 40.9511
Green Tomato Mustard Pickle
Slice tomatoes and onions into large kettle.
Add peppers and cauliflower.
Add salt and mix through vegetables with hands.
Let stand overnight.
Heat vegetables, but do not boil.
Drain off liquid.
Add Mustard Sauce and bring to boil.
Add pickles and simmer for... - 40.8604
1) In a mixing bowl, combine together dry ingredients with 6 tablespoons vinegar to form a thin cream.
2) Pour in rest of the vinegar.
3) Into a deep aluminium or stainless steel saucepan, pour the mixture and boil, stirring until it is thickened.
4)... - 40.8355
Cover the onions with boiling water, let stand 3 minutes, drain, and cover again with cold water.
Peel and put into a crock.
Dissolve the salt in the 8 cups boiling water, pour over the onions, and let stand overnight.
Drain, rinse thoroughly with cold water,... - 40.7116
1) Trim off the dark green skin and pink section from the rind of a preferably underripe watermelon.
2) Cut into 1 inch cubes or circles with a small biscuit cutter or a doughnut cutter.
3) Soak the rind shapes in salt water for about 2... - 40.6891
Sweet Sour Dill Chunks
1) Rinse the cucumbers and slice in 1inch chunks or in quarters, enough to pack in 4 sterilized quart jars.
2) Into each jar add 3 to 4 slices onion, 2 pieces celery and 2 heads dill.
3) In a saucepan, dissolve the sugar and salt in... - 40.6576
Spiced Red Currant Jelly
Combine the currants, water, cinnamon, and cloves in a heavy-bottomed preserving kettle.
Crush with a potato masher.
Cover and cook together 10 minutes, crushing 2-3 times to extract all the juice.
Pour the cooked fruit into a moistened jelly bag and let drip... - 40.4465
1. Keep 6 sterilized pint-size canning jars with their lids and several sterilized needles ready.
2. Rinse cherries and drain well.
3. Using the sterilized needles, prick each cherry 2-3 times.
4. In each jar, place 2 sprigs of tarragon,... - 40.3954
This Candied Pumpkin recipe is totally addictive. The recipe is easy to prepare using simple ingredients. The unique blend of flavors add an edge to this candied Pumpkin. Try it and feel free to pitch in suggested improvements or variations. - 40.2728
Cut the vegetables into uniform pieces and cover with salt and 4 cups water.
Let stand overnight, then drain.
Cover with boiling water and let stand for 15 minutes.
Combine remaining ingredients and cook until thick.
Add the vegetables.
Cook until just tender... - 40.1881
Peel the cucumbers and cut lengthwise, then scoop out the seeds with a spoon.
Slice into strips the size of a finger and cut into desired lengths.
Mix the lime and 1 gallon water and pour over the cucumbers.
Let soak overnight, then wash well until water is... - 40.1408
Crab Apple Relish
1. Prepare the apples and the oranges.
2. Coarsely grind the apples and remove into a large stainless steel or glass bowl.
3. Grind the oranges and empty into the bowl with the apples.
4. Stir the sugar and the spices into the apple orange... - 40.1269
Sukhi Gharub Nu Achar
Wash, dry and cut fish roe into two-inch pieces.
Peel garlic and keep one pod aside.
Grind remaining garlic with cumin seeds and chilli powder in a little vinegar.
Fry fish roe in a little mixed sesame seed and mustard oil.
Remove from pan and drain.
Add... - 40.0751
Philadelphia Vegetable Relish
Sprinkle with salt, cover, and store in refrigerator overnight.
Next day, drain thoroughly and put in glass jars.
Mix remaining ingredients, and bring to boil.
Pour over vegetables, cover, and store in refrigerator.
This will keep for... - 39.9827
Cut unpeeled zucchini and peeled onions into very thin slices and drop into crock or bowl.
Cover with water and add salt.
Let stand for 1 hour; drain.
Mix remaining ingredients and bring to boil.
Pour over zucchini and onion.
Let stand for 1... - 39.9065
Banana And Parsnip Chutney
1) Soften parsnip by steaming or boiling them.
2) Take a pan; put all the ingredients in it and cook, covered for 15 minutes.
3) Uncover and stir cook slowly so that the water evaporates and the mixture thickens.
4) Store in bottle while still... - 39.8268
Wash and sterilize 4 (1-pint) jars and closures, stand on a baking sheet, and keep hot in a 250° F. oven until needed.
Simmer mushrooms in brine, covered, 5 minutes, then drain.
Into each hot jar place 1 clove garlic, 1 bay leaf, 1/4 teaspoon each cloves and... - 39.7923
Preserving Recipes By Category