- » Potted Beef
Potted Beef Recipes
Enjoy our collection of potted beef recipes submitted, reviewed and rated by ifood.tv community. Meet people who are looking for potted beef recipes.
Preheat oven to 325°F (160°C).
In a Dutch oven or ovenproof pot with lid, dust beef roast with flour and brown in olive oil over medium-high heat on all sides.
Remove meat and saute the onions, garlic, and carrots until soft.
Add tomatoes and simmer 2 more... - 46.9913
1) Remove fat and gristle from the meat and cut meat into small pieces.
2) In a fireproof dish, pace the meat pieces with water and seasonings.
3) With buttered paper and kitchen foil, cover the dish closely and tuck well round all the... - 39.5621
Potted Beef And Mushrooms
Chop the beef, which may well be stewing steak, the kidney fat, and streaky bacon together, very finely; and, also very finely, chop the shallots, mushrooms, parsley and spring onions.
Mix all thoroughly together: add salt, 1 doz.
peppercorns, and the yolks... - 39.3452
Potted Hough Shin Of Beef
1. Pat dry meat and cut into 1" cubes.
2. Clean and wash the bones.
3. In a pan add water and salt. Cover the meat and bones in it and boil over simmering heat for 2 to 3 hours.
4. Drain out the meat, add spices and herbs. Simmer for 1-1... - 38.6285
Cut the onion into eighths.
Chop finely and put into a casserole.
Cut the steak into cubes and add to the casserole with the mace, allspice, salt, pepper, parsley, thyme, bay leaf and stock.
Cover and bake at 300Â°F for 2 1/2 hours.
Leave the meat to cool... - 38.1242
1. Place cut roast in 3-quart (13x9) glass baking dish. Cover with plastic wrap.
2. Microwave on HIGH for 10 minutes. Drain; turn meat over; rearrange, and recover.
3. Microwave on SIMMER for 45 minutes. Turn meat over. Add remaining ingredients; recover, and... - 31.3485
Wipe, trim and cut the meat into small pieces.
Put into a stone jar or casserole with 1 tablesp water, the cloves, mace, allspice, salt and pepper.
Cover with several thicknesses of greased paper and a lid and place in a pan of boiling water, or in the oven... - 30.9278
Melt the butter.
Blend in beef and herbs.
Press into little pots and cover with a layer of melted butter.
Very good with hot toast.
Cooked liver can also be treated in the same way, and makes a very good substitute for pate.
It is improved by a small quantity... - 25.6771
Slice the pieces of stewing steak very thinly, also the bacon.
In a small fireproof dish arrange the slices of steak and the slices of bacon in alternate layers, seasoning each layer with salt, pepper and nutmeg.
Add a small bunch of mixed herbs, and some... - 25.1442