- » Portuguese
Portuguese recipes comprise richly flavored and filling dishes from the country of Portugal. Portuguese foods are known to be, with pronounced foreign influence of the colonies that once were a part of Portugal. This ... More »
Mix Meat Feijoada
Classic Brazilian soup. This video prepare authentic black bean soup which incorporates a wide variety of meat from pork to beef. Loaded with the traditional taste, this dish has the rich and smoky flavor making it an absolute gourmet's delight. Serve this... - 140.822
How To Make Cod Fritters - Bolinho De Bacalhau
Learn step by step how to make Cod Fritters, a classic from the portuguese cuisine. The video includes all the tricks and secrets to have the perfect light and delicious batter, the perfect appetizer specially with a cold beer. Originally salted cod is used... - 131.841
Portuguese Chicken Piri Piri
This video is Robin Benzle's photo journey of Portugal and a simple recipe for a delicious, spicy local dish. Piri Piri is a classic Portuguese chicken dish. It is an interesting recipe. Enjoy! - 95.9368
Bacalhau A Braz
Simple neat and clean cooking and a creative presentation can turn a normal dish into a gourmet. This is exactly what has been done with this bacalhau a braz recipe. There is no technicality in preparing this dish, but cutting the ingredients neatly, cooking... - 89.9027
Portuguese Pork And Potato Stew
Robin has recorded this episode in a glorious manor house in Portugal! Owner Bob Illing and she whip up a delicious pork and potato stew seasoned with cumin and lemon. Enjoy! - 87.7533
Portuguese Soup Part 1: Ingredients
How about a delicious Portuguese soup using chorizo? Sounds so very appetizing and that is what Clyde is making for his viewers. In this part 1 of Portuguese soup recipe, he talks about the ingredients and adds them to a pot and starts with his cooking. For... - 55.6189
Portuguese Soup Part 2: Seasoning And Serving
This is the final stage of Portuguese Soup recipe, where Clyde is finishing the soup with tomato paste and serving the soup with a salad. However, he has not given the recipe for the salad so, you will have to make your own to go with his Portuguese Soup. - 50.739
Portuguese Sweet Bread
In a bowl, combine eggs, 1/3 cup sugar and salt.
Heat butter and milk in sauce pan until butter melts.
Dissolve yeast and 1 tsp sugar in warm water, let stand Cook for bubble).
Very slowly, add a little milk mixture to the egg mixture, beating constantly.
Add... - 48.385
Portuguese King's Cake
In small bowl, mix together candied fruit, raisins, lemon and orange rinds and port; cover and let stand while preparing dough.
Meanwhile, in bowl, whisk together yeast, 1 tbsp (15 mL) of the sugar, 1 cup (250 mL) of the flour and water until smooth.
Cover... - 47.9864
Paella Portuguese Style
1. Wash chicken with cold running water and pat dry with paper towels.
2. About 45 minutes before serving, preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
3. In a large skillet (10-inch), heat oil and brown 5 chicken pieces at a time until... - 47.3336
Portuguese Salt Cod And Potatoes
Soak cod in cold water 24 to 48 hours, or until very moist.
Change water 2 or 3 times; drain.
Simmer, covered, in water just to cover 15 minutes, or until tender.
Drain, reserving liquid.
Remove skin and bones and flake fish in large pieces.
Boil potatoes in... - 46.7006
1) Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
2) In a cured heavy iron skillet, heat the corn oil.
3) To this, add the garlic, rice and onion.
4) Cook until browned, stirring constantly.
5) In a casserole dish with a tight-fitting lid, put this... - 45.8953
Begin heating shortening in a deep fat fryer over low heat; insert deep fat thermometer.
Mix egg, port, water, vanilla, butter, sugar, and salt; sprinkle in flour and mix well.
Turn out on lightly floured board and knead 1 minute just until smooth.
Divide... - 45.7704
Double Duty Dinner Portuguese Chicken And Chorizo
1) In a pot add potatoes, carrots, celery, and onion.
2) Stir in wine, sugar, salt, oil, and chicken broth.
3) Cover the pot tightly with lid and bring to a boil.
4) Decrease heat and simmer, 15 minutes.
5) In a nonstick skillet brown chorizo over... - 45.6496
Iced Portuguese Soup
1) In a large pan, bring the meat stock to a boil.
2) Add the grated potatoes and simmer for about 25 minutes.
3) Press the mixture through a sieve then return to the pan and bring to a boil.
4) Then add the chopped watercress into the soup.
5) In a... - 45.0081
Portuguese Chicken And Vegetable Stew
Portuguese Chicken And Vegetable Stew is an irresistible recipe that you simply can't resist. Try this Portuguese Chicken And Vegetable Stew; I am sure you will have a huge fan following for this one! - 44.6352
Halibut Portuguese Style
1) Heat 1 teaspoon of oil in a 1-quart saucepan.
2) Add the garlic and onion and sautÃ© till the onion is tender.
3) Add the green pepper and sautÃ© for another 3 minutes.
4) Add the tomatoes along with the wine, olives and reserved liquid. Cover... - 44.4864
Portuguese Marinated Pork
1. In a bowl, put the pork and stir well adding the remaining ingredients, except the oil to mix.
2. Cover and marinate in the refrigerator overnight, stirring the mixture once or twice.
3. Strain the pork and reserve the marinade.
4. In a pan, heat... - 44.3597
Portuguese Eggs In Tomato Shells
Portuguese Eggs In Tomato Shells! You can prepare this exquisite stuffed tomatoes dish at home and serve it for a an informal family dinner or even a party. I love this Portuguese Eggs In Tomato Shells recipe especially because it was the first few recipes... - 44.0965
Portuguese Style Boatman's Stew
Sprinkle fish with 1/4 teaspoon salt.
Cover lightly and refrigerate at least 3 hours.
Saute onion in olive oil until browned, stirring constantly to prevent scorching.
Add tomatoes, tomato paste, salt, black pepper, red pepper, parsley, white grape juice and... - 44.0436
Portuguese Style Aku
1) Combine together vinegar, water, garlic and ajinomoto.
2) Spoon this mixture over fish slices and marinate for one hour.
3) Take off the fish from marinade and dry gently.
4) Roll them in flour.
5) In a skillet, heat oil and fry fish slices in it... - 43.8801
Slice the sausages and fry them.
Fry onions and ginger to a golden brown colour in 2 tblsps oil.
Heat 1 tblsp ghee and put in the sugar.
When it turns brown, put in the stock.
Mix in the whole spices, rice and onions.
Also add the ground spices.
Cook the... - 43.8669
Poached Cod Portuguese Style
1) Slice each piece of fish into 3 pieces with a serrated knife.
2) In a large skillet, add fish, wine, water, lemon slices, salt and pepper.
Let it come to a boil. Turn down the heat and simmer covered for 20 minutes.
3) Turn the fish... - 43.7229
1. Preheat oven to 375°F before baking.
2. Using a thermometer, check the temperature of water. Add sugar and yeast to the water and stir to dissolve well. Add 3 cups of flour, butter and salt to the yeast mixture and using a wooden... - 43.7061
1) Preheat the oven to 350°F.
2) In a lightly greased casserole, place the fish and sprinkle with the herbs or add the bouquet garni.
3) In a skillet, saute the onions in oil until they begin to brown.
4) Stir in the tomatoes and celery... - 43.234
Portuguese Style Chicken
1) Preheat the oven to 300°F.
2) In a casserole, heat oil and sauté onion, bell pepper, and garlic over moderate heat until softened.
3) Stir in the tomatoes, tomato liquid, seasonings, parsley, wine, and chicken.
4) Put the lid on and place... - 43.1802
Homemade Portuguese Sweet Bread
Add 3 tablespoons sugar and yeast to potato water and stir until dissolved.
Blend into potato and ginger.
Set aside in warm place until light.
Scald milk and salt and cool to lukewarm.
Beat 6 eggs until light.
Gradually beat in 1 3/4 cups sugar.
Stir in... - 43.0763
Green Beans Portuguese Style
1.Wash the beans and break each bean into 2-3 small pieces.
2.Peel tomatoes and take out the seeds and then cut them into small dices.
1.Cut the salt pork into small dices.
2.In a slow cooker, place the diced pork on the bottom.
3.Add... - 42.825
Portuguese Sweet Bread With Currants
In large mixer bowl, combine yeast and 2 1/2 cups of the flour.
Heat milk, butter, the 3/4 cup sugar, and salt, stirring constantly till butter is almost melted.
Cool to warm (120°), if necessary.
Add to dry mixture in mixing bowl; add the 2 eggs.
Beat at... - 42.5208
Portuguese Sweet Bread
Cook potato in boiling water until very soft (about 20 minutes).
Drain, reserving 3/4 cup cooking water; cool to 110°.
Mash or beat potato until smooth, measure 1/2 cup, and add milk and the 1 tablespoon butter.
In a large bowl, dissolve yeast in cooled... - 42.4339
Portuguese Salt Cod
Soak the cod overnight.
Rinse well, drain and put the cod into a saucepan with just enough fresh cold water to cover.
Bring to a boil, reduce the heat and simmer for 30 minutes.
Add the potatoes and simmer for 20 minutes or until they are tender and the fish... - 42.2091
Portuguese Glazed Chicken Breasts
Place the butter in a microwave-safe baking dish and melt 1 minute at HIGH.
Add the leeks and shallots.
Microwave 4 minutes at MEDIUM-HIGH, stirring halfway through cooking.
Add the watercress or parsley, the port and chicken broth.
Microwave... - 42.1344
Portuguese Poached Fish
1) Chop the tomatoes and onion.
2) Crush the garlic and mince the parsley.
3) In heavy pan or electric skillet, placethe fish and cover with all other ingredients.
4) Cover the pan and cook until boils.
5) Let in simmer for 10... - 42.0126
Jellied Portuguese Lemon Chicken
1) Take a deep kettle and put chicken pieces into it.
2) Add in celery, carrot, onion, tarragon, curry powder, salt and pepper.
3) Pour in enough bouillon to cover the mixture and cover and simmer for 2 1/2 to 3 hours until chicken is soft.
4) Chill... - 42.0073
1) In a bowl, soak the beans overnight, in water to cover.
2) In a pot, place the beans with the water and cook for 3 or 4 hours to boil them.
3) When the beans are almost done add salt.
4) In a non- stick pan, saute the onions with any fresh meat,... - 41.8745
Paejinhos De Batata Doce
Sift the flour and cornmeal together.
Peel and cook the potatoes in salted water until tender.
Drain and mash smoothly then beat in the butter and salt.
Leave until lukewarm.
Meanwhile mix the yeast with the warm milk; add the sugar, the lightly beaten eggs... - 41.7006
Portuguese Sausage Soup
In a 3-quart pan, combine potatoes, onion, broth, the 1/2 cup water, and pepper; bring to a boil, reduce heat, cover, and simmer until vegetables are fork tender (about 25 minutes).
Meanwhile, remove and discard spinach stems; rinse leaves well, drain, and... - 41.6259
Portuguese Sweet Bread
Dissolve yeast in warm water in large bowl.
Stir in milk, 3/4 cup sugar, the salt, 3 eggs, the margarine and 3 cups of the flour.
Beat until smooth.
Stir in enough remaining flour to make dough easy to handle.
Turn dough onto lightly floured surface; knead... - 41.5215
The night before you cook the codfish, wash it well, put to soak in cold water to cover and, if possible, change the water once after 4 to 5 hours.
(You can put it to soak at 6 or 7 p.m.and change the water just before you go to bed.)
Next day, pour off the... - 41.4637
Portuguese Recipes By Category