- » Port
Enjoy our collection of Port recipes submitted, reviewed and rated by ifood.tv community. Meet people who are looking for Port recipes.
Port And Stilton Salad
1) In a medium skillet, add butter in oil and heat over moderate heat.
2) SautÃ© the garlic after the foam subsides for 2 minutes and then discard the garlic.
3) Add the walnuts to cook, by shaking the pan frequently, until toasted to a dark golden... - 49.1405
Poached Pears With Port Sauce
Poached Pears With Port Sauce is an amazingly delicious recipe which cannot just escape your guest's attention in any party. Serve this Poached Pears With Port Sauce to them, I bet everyone will praise for your creativity. - 48.6465
Pears Poached In Port With Stilton Cream
Pears Poached In Port With Stilton Cream is a wonderful dessert that you will get addicted to it in no time Try this brilliant Pears Poached In Port With Stilton Cream recipe! I am sure you will like it! - 48.6395
Pheasant With Port
1) Pre-heat the oven to 350°F/180°C/Gas 4.
2) In a bowl, mix all the marinade ingredients.
3) Soak the pheasants in the marinade overnight. Turn them over a few times.
4) Pour away the marinade, dry the pheasants.
5) Heat a pan with... - 45.6627
Braised Hare With Port
1) Arrange the ingredients.
2) Heat the cooker on low heat.
3) Slowly, cook the bacon rinds then add the chopped bacon.
4) Stir in the butter or margarine if necessary and saute the onion and celery until they are lightly browned.
5)... - 45.6025
Gangbang Ham With Port Sauce
Remove excess fat from ham.
Score with cooky cutter or knife, making squares.
In each square place a clove.
Set in roaster.
Add water, wine, cinnamon, apples, orange and pineapple with juices.
Bake at 3000 2 hours, basting every 20 minutes.
Sprinkle brown... - 45.4094
Quail With Port Sauce
1) In a shallow bowl, add bread crumbs, thyme, rosemary and cayenne pepper. Mix well.
2) In another shallow bowl add the all-purpose flour.
3) In a third bowl, beat the eggs with water.
4) Take the boneless quails and brush them with... - 45.3913
Pot Roast With Port And Mushrooms
In a heavy metal casserole, heat the oil until smoking and brown the meat well on all sides.
Add the wine and simmer, uncovered, until the wine is reduced by half.
Add the beef stock and simmer, covered, for 1 hour.
Meanwhile, in a small frying pan, prepare... - 44.9682
Duck With Port And Cherries
Prick the duck all over.
Rub the cavity with salt and pepper.
Melt the butter in a saucepan.
Add the onion and fry until lightly browned.
Stir in the apples and muesli.
Remove from the heat and stir in the egg.
Spoon the stuffing into the duck and secure the... - 43.6797
Chicken With Port Flavored Grape Sauce
Remove chicken neck and giblets, then rinse chicken inside and out; pat dry.
Place breast down on a rack in a roasting pan; brush with butter and sprinkle lightly with salt and pepper.
Roast in a 325° oven for 45 minutes.
Turn chicken breast up.
Continue to... - 43.0494
Roast Duck With Port And Chestnut Sauce
Bring water to boil in small saucepan.
Add raisins and simmer until plumped, about 5 minutes.
Transfer to small bowl, add Port and set aside.
Preheat oven to 400°F.
Season ducks with salt and pepper.
Heat butter with oil in heavy... - 43.0477
Chicken In Port Wine
Season the chicken strips with salt and pepper.
Put in a small casserole with the port.
Cover and microwave on HIGH for 4 minutes.
Transfer the chicken with a slotted spatula to a plate and set aside.
Put the artichoke puree in the casserole with... - 42.8805
Port And Apples
1) In a saucepan, combine sugar, 2 1/2 cups water, cinnamon and ginger.
2) Add the thinly peeled rind of 1 lemon.
3) Place the saucepan over heat and boil for 10 minutes.
4) Strain the liquid and cool.
5) In a bowl, place the apples... - 42.589
Fruits In Port Wine
1. Use a sharp paring knife to peel the orange and lemon, removing only the outer rind and not the pith.
2. Thinly sliver the rinds and set aside.
3. In a large basin, add cold water and squeeze the lemon. Reserve the lemon rind separately.... - 42.4681
Pears And Port Wine
Pears And Port Wine are simply one of the most delicious fruit desserts that I have come across. This yummy Pears And Port Wine recipe is simple and guarantees a tasty and addictive product! Try it for yourself! - 42.4274
Port Sausage Strata
1) Preheat oven slowly at 170 C
2) In a flameproof casserole, fry sausage pieces until golden.
3) Stir in onion and green pepper, sauté until tender.
4) Mix herbs, add soup and heat thoroughly.
5) Spread bread slices evenly with butter... - 41.9144
Provencale Rabbit In Tawny Port
1) Wash the rabbit pieces and dry them gently.
2) Remove the fat from kidneys and keep them aside.
3) In a large bowl, mix together 1/4 cup olive oil, garlic, vinegar, thyme, tarragon, and pepper.
4) Mix in prunes and rabbit along with kidneys... - 41.8718
Veal Kidney In Port
Heat a browning dish in the microwave oven for 6-8 minutes on HIGH, following the manufacturer's instructions.
Cut out the tubes and the white fatty core from the kidney with a sharp pointed knife.
When the browning dish is hot, put in the bacon and the... - 41.7705
Port Cobbler With Fresh Fruits
1. Into a shaker, half fill with broken ice and add Port.
2. Stir in Plain Syrup and Old Brandy.
3. Into a tumbler, half fill with broken ice and strain drink on top.
4. Top with a dash of lemon peel juice.
5. Garnish with 2 lemon slices and... - 41.6717
Guinea Fowl In Port And Plum Marinade
The day before the barbecue, cut tendons at the joints of the guinea fowl.
Split the birds in half down the breast bone but leave them in one piece.
Remove giblets and clean birds thoroughly.
Place birds in a glass or ceramic dish cut-side down.
Prick the... - 41.6449
Mulled Cranberry Port
1. In a Dutch oven over medium-high heat combine cranberry juice cocktail, orange juice concentrate, and sugar.
2. In a coffee filter tied with kitchen string place cloves and allspice and add to juice mixture.
3. Add cinnamon stick and orange slices... - 41.6152
Chicken In Port
Heat a large frying pan and then add the olive oil.
Season thighs with salt and pepper and fry until brown on both sides.
Remove to a heated platter.
Saute the garlic, onion, and mushrooms until the onions are clear.
Add the ham to the onions and cook for 3... - 41.549
Beef In Port Wine
Brown bacon in skillet.
Remove, drain on towels and cut into small pieces.
Fry onion in bacon fat until tender.
Remove from skillet.
Coat beef with flour that has been mixed with salt and pepper.
Brown in bacon fat with garlic.
Put bacon, onion and beef in... - 41.265
Endive Salad With Port And Raisins
Endive Salad With Port And Raisins tastes defining. This Salad is very easy to make and must be tried by salad lovers. Read this simple recipe of Endive Salad With Port And Raisins and try it out. - 40.8227
Squab With Prunes And Port
Preheat the oven to 325°F (170°C).
Melt the butter in a Dutch oven, add the squab and brown on all sides.
Lift out the squab.
Add the onions to the pan and cook until golden.
Return the squab to the pan, pour in the wine and stock and add the... - 40.3206
Shallots With Port
Preheat the oven to 160°C/ gas 3.
Bring a pan of water to the, boil, drop in the shallots and leave for 30 seconds.
Tip them into a colander; run under the cold tap.
The skins should slip off easily; peel and leave whole.
Pour the oil into a roasting dish or... - 40.1251
Venison Saddle With Port Sauce
Trim all fibrous sinew off venison; rinse meat and pat dry.
Make 1-inch-long, 1/2-inch-deep slits between rib bones on each side of saddle.
Cut 5 of the bacon slices into 1-inch pieces; insert a piece of bacon into each slit.
Drape 5 more bacon slices across... - 39.2561
Almond Trifles With Mascarpone And Berry Port
Preheat the oven to 350°.
Cream together the almond paste, butter and sugar.
Add eggs 1 at a time, beating after each addition.
Add the rum and extract.
Add the flour, almonds, and baking powder, blending until smooth.
Pour the batter into a parchment-lined... - 39.2189
Hot Port Flip
Mix the port, cognac and sugar together in a saucepan.
Heat, stirring constantly.
Add the instant coffee and mix well.
Beat the egg until foamy.
Beat in the cream.
Pour the port mixture slowly into the egg mixture, stirring constantly.
Pour into a mug and... - 39.1468
Port Marinated Tenderloin With Cranberries
Trim fat from tenderloin.
Combine tenderloin, cranberries and next 7 ingredients in a large heavy-duty, zip-top plastic bag; seal bag.
Marinate in refrigerator 24 hours, turning bag occasionally.
Remove tenderloin from bag, reserving marinade.
Preheat oven... - 39.1345
Beets In Port
1) In a saucepan, mix together beet liquid and all but 1 Tblsp of the port.
2) Combine thoroughly 1 Tblsp of port and cornstarch.
3) Mix this with the beet-liquid mixture.
4) Stir cook the mixture until it is thick and transparent.
5) Stir in beets and... - 38.8914
Quails With Port
Wash quail inside and out, pat dry.
Heat butter and oil together in frying pan, add quail, cook on both sides until golden brown, remove from pan, put into baking dish.
Add peeled and finely chopped onion to pan, cook until onion is tender.
Add sliced... - 38.5629
Long Island Duckling In Port
1. With a sharp pointed knife, cut through the duck skin along the center of the breast from neck to vent. Loosen the skin by pulling away from the flesh and at the same time running the knife underneath. Cut the skin where necessary but keep the flesh... - 37.4525
Port Au Prince
1. Place the cube of sugar in the base of a glass.
2. Shake the bitters on to the rum and add the Pernod.
3. Swirl the mixture around the glass, crushing the sugar.
4. Put the ice cubes into the glass and pour the rum over the ice cubes; stir... - 37.3421
Port Au Prince Zombie
1. Put the ice cubes into a glass jug and shake the bitters into the jug.
2. Pour the fruit juices, brown sugar, and rums over the ice; stir vigorously.
3. Pour without straining, into a Collins glass.
4. Garnish the cocktail with fruits and... - 37.1164
Port Wine-cherry Salad
Drain cherries, reserving syrup.
Add enough water to syrup to make 3/4 cup liquid, if necessary.
Cut cherries in half, and set aside.
Dissolve gelatin in 1 cup boiling water.
Add cherry liquid and wine, stir in applesauce.
Chill until the consistency of... - 37.0477
1) Chill a martini glass.
2) In a glass jug, add the ice.
3) Pour the vermouth and port.
4) Briskly stir and strain and pour into the martini glass.
5) Add the Pernod.
6) Drop in a twisted lemon rind and serve. - 36.9208
Pour water over berries in large kettle.
Let stand 48 hours.
Strain through cheese cloth, crushing berries to extract juice.
Add remaining ingredients except yeast and brandy.
Boil 1 hour, skimming often.
Let cool to luke-warm.
Add yeast and... - 36.8364
Cherry Port Mold
1) In a bowl, add the cherries and port and soak overnight.
2) Drain the cherries and set aside.
3) In a saucepan, add cherry syrup and 1/2 cup of water and heat.
4) Add the gelatin, and allow to dissolve.
5) Add in the wine and... - 36.7369
Plums N Port
Prick plums with sterilized needle to prevent bursting.
Combine sugar, water, orange peel and cinnamon sticks in a large sauce pot.
Bring to a boil.
Reduce heat and simmer a few minutes.
Add plums, a layer at a time to heat through, about 2 minutes.
Remove... - 36.0488
Eseoyitcii Fish Port Royal
Eseoyitcii Fish Port Royal is an amazingly delicious recipe. Try this tempting and alluring Eseoyitcii Fish Port Royal; I am sure you will always want to have it in your coming parties! - 35.8592
Port Antonio Pullet
Wash chicken, pat dry.
Rub cavity with 1 garlic clove, and half of the ginger, paprika, salt, pepper, and lime juice.
Tie chicken legs and rub skin with remaining garlic clove, plus remaining ginger, paprika, salt, pepper, and lime juice mixed with 1... - 35.8388
Cherry Port Salad
1) In a pan, strain and add the juice from the cherries, bring to a boil.
2) Remove from the heat and stir in the jello, until dissolved.
3) Stir in the wine and refrigerate, until it just begins to set.
4) Stir in the cherries and chopped nuts, mix... - 35.5872
Venison With Port And Cranberries
The day before the barbecue, place venison in a glass or ceramic dish.
Mix together marinade ingredients and pour over the venison.
Cover and place in the refrigerator for 24 hours, turning steaks occasionally.
Remove venison from marinade.
Barbecue steaks... - 35.5185
Pears Poached In Port
In a saucepan just large enough to take the pears comfortably, mix the sugar, water, cinnamon stick, cloves, and orange peel.
Bring to a simmer and then cool.
Peel the pears, leaving the stem intact, if you were lucky enough to find pears that still had their... - 35.2658
Hot Pineapple Port Cup
Remove peel from orange with vegetable peeler.
Combine pineapple juice, wine, raisins, sugar and peel in Dutch oven.
Heat to boiling.
Remove from heat and steep 15 minutes.
Remove and discard peel before serving.
Garnish with additional orange peel, if... - 35.0534
1) In a tall glass jug, add in the ice cubes.
2) Add in the angostura bitters over the ice.
3) Pour in the white Curacao, French vermouth and Italian vermouth.
4) Give the mixture a good stir. Strain.
6) Serve Port Elizabeth in chilled... - 34.8849
Heat port, orange juice and peel in skillet.
Reduce to half.
Add jelly, bay leaf, coriander and drippings.
Remove bay leaf.
Salt to taste.
Thicken with cold cornstarch that has been mixed with a little port. - 34.6648
Port And Prunes
1. In a small saucepan, soak the prunes in water. Cover the pan and allow the prunes to soften overnight.
2. Place the saucepan with soaked prunes on a low flame.
3. Simmer the prunes until they are soft and pulpy. Take pan... - 34.5884
Pineapple With Port
1) Use a long knife and cut off the leaves and about a 1/2 inch of the top and bottom of the pineapple. Chop the pineapple lengthwise into quarters.
2) Use a paring knife to core the pineapple and remove the rind and eyes.
3) Further, chop the... - 34.5575
1. Put the ice cubes into a cocktail shaker.
2. Pour the lime juice, rum and grenadine over the ice; stir vigorously.
3. Pour into a chilled martini glass.
4. Twist the lime rind over the drink and drop it in.
5. Serve the cocktail in chilled... - 34.4147
Steak Port Antonio
In saucepan, combine rum and shallots; bring to a boil.
Reduce heat; simmer 2 minutes.
Stir in butter, parsley, lime juice and sauce.
Brush steaks with rum butter.
Grill or broil 6 inches from heat.
Cook about 8 minutes, turning steak once.
Brush occasionally... - 34.0814
Cherry Port Dessert
1. Heat 1 cup water in a 1 1/2-quart glass bowl in microwave oven to boiling (about 2 to 3 minutes at HIGH).
2. Dissolve gelatin in boiling water. Stir in wine and cold water. Chill until slightly thickened.
3. Stir peaches into thickened gelatin. Turn into a... - 33.4715
Prune Whip With Port Wine
You'll simply love this Prune Whip With Port Wine recipe. Try this amazingly delicious Prune Whip With Port Wine; I bet, you would love to prepare this recipe again and again. - 32.7981
1) In a highball glass, add the ice.
2) Pour the lemon juice, sugar and port.
3) Gently stir and add the soda water.
4) Stir again and serve.
5) Drop in a twisted lemon rind and serve. - 32.6622
1) In a bowl, add orange juice, lemon juice and wine and mix well.
2) Chill till ready to serve.
3) In a punch bowl, add crushed ice, ginger ale and juice mix.
4) Garnish with orange slices. - 32.441
1) Into a glass jug, add in the ice cubes.
2) Next, add in the angostura bitters, curacao and port into the jug.
3) Stir well to mix. Strain.
4) Serve the Port Cocktail in chilled martini glasses. - 32.1871
Turkey Scaloppine In Cranberry Port Sauce
1. Sprinkle turkey evenly with thyme, salt, and pepper.
2. Melt butter in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add turkey; cook 2 to 3 minutes on each side or until golden brown. Remove turkey and keep warm.
3. Reduce heat to medium; add shallot.... - 32.187
Assorted Fruit In Port Wine
This yummy Assorted Fruit In Port Wine recipe comes from an age-old magazine. I made this Assorted Fruit In Port Wine for the simple reason that I love to have wine. Make it today! - 32.0259
Fresh Strawberries In Port
1) In cold water, gently rinse the strawberries. Drain and hull them.
2) Into a medium bowl, add in the strawberries and sugar. Pour in wine and mix well.
3) Let the mixture chill for a minimum of 2 hours, while stirring intermittently.
4) To... - 31.8174
Pour the port, brandy and sugar into a tall glass filled with crushed ice.
Twist the peels above the glass, then drop in.
Garnish with mint leaves. - 31.0997
Pear Port Soup
Pear Port Soup is a delicious appetizer recipe that you will simply love to serve to your loved ones. I am sure, once you try this, you will always crave for some more. - 30.5132
Peaches Poached In Port Wine
Boil port, water, sugar, ginger, vanilla bean, and lemon in a large uncovered saucepan 10 minutes; remove lemon.
Reduce heat to moderately low, add peaches, and simmer uncovered, turning occasionally, 10-15 minutes.
Transfer all to a large bowl, cover, and... - 30.2169
1) In a glass jug, add the ice.
2) Add in the brandy, lemon juice and port.
3) Briskly stir and pour out with ice into a lowball glass.
4) Garnish with lemon rind and serve. - 30.0498
Duck In Port Wine
Marinate figs in port wine, in sealed wide-mouthed jar, for about 36 hours.
On the day of the dinner, roast the duck in preheated 4500 oven.
After 15 minutes, baste with heated port wine (in which the figs have been marinating).
Baste every 15 minutes.
Turn... - 29.8365
Port St. Augustin E Salad
Place beans, tomatoes, eggs and peas in large bowl. Season with salt and pepper.
Add mayonnaise, Worcestershire sauce and lemon juice. Mix well and correct seasoning.
Serve on lettuce leaves. - 29.6576
Fresh Strawberries And Raspberries In Port
Cut the strawberries in half lengthwise (or in quarters if they're huge).
Leave the raspberries whole.
Combine the berries in a deep bowl.
Pour the port over them, and marinate in the refrigerator for not less than 2 hours and not more than 4 hours.
Stir... - 29.641
Port And Lemon
1) In a lowball glass, add the ice.
2) Pour in the lemon juice, sugar and port.
3) Stir gently.
4) Garnish with a lemon rind and serve. - 29.6083
Ripe Peaches With Port
1. In a bowl place peaches after slicing them, sprinkle with sugar and add good quality port.
2. Toss to coat and let it stand, 15 minutes.
3. To serve into dessert dishes, spoon the mixture and top with a small scoop of vanilla ice cream. - 29.2295
Port And Cherry Mold
Dissolve gelatine in hot water, then add wine or fruit juice.
Chill until slightly thickened, fold in cherries and mold.
Dressing: Equal parts mayonnaise and whipped cream.
Add a few toasted almonds. - 29.1292
Kidney In Port Wine
Remove the membrane and hard parts from the kidney; cut kidney into small pieces.
Put into a pan with onion and parsley; cook 10 minutes, stirring constantly.
Blend flour, salt, and pepper; add to kidney mixture; stir in the wine. - 28.8841
Long Island Duckling In Port
1. With a sharp pointed knife, cut through the duck skin along the center of the breast from neck to vent. Loosen the skin by pulling away from the flesh and at the same time running the knife underneath. Cut the skin where necessary but keep the flesh... - 28.8147
Melon In Port
Halve the honeydew melon and the water-melon and remove the seeds.
Using a melon-baller, scoop out the flesh and place in a bowl.
Slice the stem ginger and add to the melon with the ground cinnamon and port.
Cover and chill in the fridge for 3-4 hrs, stirring... - 28.6344
Melon Halves Filled With Port
1.Cut melons in half crosswise.
2.Spoon out the seeds and discard.
3.On an individual plate or in a shallow bowl put each half.
4.If desired you can cut a thin slice from bottom so that it sits flat .
5.Pour port 1/4 cup (2 ft oz/60 ml) into each... - 27.9556
Pour the port, brandy, lemon juice and maraschino liqueur over ice in a cocktail shaker.
Shake well and pour into a chilled glass.
Add orange slice and serve. - 27.7004
Fresh Pears In Port
In large saucepan, drop pears into 1/2 cup water and sugar; simmer, covered, until soft, about 30 minutes.
Remove from heat and add wine, orange juice, and grated orange peel.
Chill, if de- sired.
Makes 6 servings. - 27.3907
Apples N Port
Apples N Port does take time, but it is very well worth your effort. This Apples N Port recipe is indeed one of my best cooking techniques. Works any day! - 27.0973
Passion For Port Spritzer
Passion For Port Spritzer is easy to make and a healthy drink. The cranderry juice makes the Passion For Port Spritzer a prefect beverage. - 26.2063
Fruit In Port With Cheese Tray
1. Combine fruit with port; mix well. Spoon fruit mixture into 2 serving dishes.
2. Arrange cheese wedges and crackers on small tray. Pass with fruit. - 25.4373
White Port Granite
Drop ice cubes, one at a time, into a food processor or blender, following manufacturer's directions.
When ice is finely ground, add wine, lemon juice, and sugar.
Process until ice is in small crystals.
Immediately spoon into stemmed glasses, garnish with... - 24.6083
Peaches In Port
Arrange peaches on 24 x18-inch piece of heavy-duty foil.
Sprinkle with lemon juice and port; dot with butter.
Fold foil loosely around fruit and seal edges tightly.
Grill packet, on covered grill, over medium-hot briquets about 15 minutes or until fruit is... - 24.4785
Fresh Strawberries In Port
Gently wash strawberries in cold water; drain; and hull.
In medium bowl, gently toss strawberries with sugar.
Refrigerat least 2 hours, stirring occasion- ally.
If desired, top individual servings with sweet- ened whipped cream.
Makes 6 servings - 24.2517
Fruit In Port
1 In a medium bowl, mix fruit and port.
2 Place in the refrigerator and chill for atleast 1 hour.
3 Serve chilled. - 24.0414
Spiced Plums In Port
Heat reserved plum syrup, the port, cloves and cinnamon stick to boiling.
Reduce heat; simmer uncovered about 15 minutes.
Remove cloves and cinnamon stick.
Add plums and orange slices. - 23.7828
1) In a collins glass, add the ice.
2) Add in the lime juice and port.
3) Gently stir and add in the soda.
4) Serve with a garnish of the hull of the lime. - 23.7379
Cantaloupe With Port And Fruit
Cut cantaloupes lengthwise in half, making a saw-toothed edge with sharp small knife.
Remove seeds and fibers.
Divide pineapple chunks, strawberries and blueberries among cantaloupe halves.
Just before serving, spoon 2 to 4 tablespoons port over each serving. - 23.5543
Rum And Port
1) In a highball glass, add the ice.
2) Add in the rum and port and ice water.
3) Gently stir.
4) Garnish with a cherry and serve. - 23.4886
Spiced Grapes In Port Dessert Sauce
1. Combine first 4 ingredients in a saucepan. Bring to a boil; cook for 2 minutes or until sugar dissolves. Reduce heat, simmer for 15 minutes. Remove lemon rind and anise, discard. Add vinegar and pepper to wine mixture, cook until reduced to 1/4 cup (about... - 22.8721
Mulled Raspberries And Port
Simmer raspberries in medium saucepan until thawed and soft, about 5 minutes.
Force through fine strainer to remove seeds.
Return to saucepan, add wine and heat gently - 22.2014
Quick Madeira Or Port Sauce
€¢ Add the Madeira or Port wine to the Simplified Brown Sauce in a microwave-safe dish. Microwave 5 minutes at MEDIUM-HIGH, stirring three times during the cooking. Remove from oven.
€¢ Add the butter. Stir to melt the butter. - 20.1777
Port Recipes By Category