- » Porridge
Porridge is a dish prepared with oats. Any variety of oats, may be crushed, steel cut or rolled can be used in the preparation of this dish. Porridge may also be spelled as ‘porage’ and ... More »
Black Beans Mackerel Porridge
Looking for a healthy and tasty porridge? Try Black beans mackerel porridge. This is a perfect meal as it is neither too light nor too heavy. It is healthy and tasty and can be served with plain rice. Garnish with freshly cut pepper strips and cucumber for... - 122.363
Apple Oat & Cinnamon Porridge
A simple and super delicious recipe of porridge suitable best for your breakfast. Made of apple, oat bran and cinnamon powder, this recipe is incredibly healthy and will also keep you feeling full. - 119.055
Korean Food: Mung Bean Porridge
Kongjaban is very popular for lunch boxes because it is easy to make and it lasts a long time in the refrigerator. The bean flavor mixed with soy sauce and sugar gives it good flavor. - 115.551
Hemp And Chia For Breakfast
This is an easy breakfast to give you energy and keep you full until lunch. It has easily digestible raw food protein and omega 3 fatty acids to keep your brain clear and sharp. - 111.187
Korean Chicken Porridge
Porridge is probably the most popular baby food and there is nothing safer and healthier than home cooked baby food. Watch this video to learn how to make a delicious chicken porridge with homemade chicken broth, shredded chicken and sticky rice. This is one... - 107.41
Barley And Mung Bean Khichadi
Join Toby in preparing this excellent Indian staple dish on loan from fellow Registered Dietitian Gita Patel from Gita's new book "Blending Science with Spices". This diabetes-friendly side dish is rich in soluble and insoluble fiber and traditional Indian... - 105.735
Creamy Rice Lactose-free
1. In a large pot put rice, cinnamon stick, salt and water. Cook for 10 minutes.
2. Add sugar, butter and milk.
3. Simmer for 30 minutes.
4. Serve in a bowl, top it up with raisins, cinnamon powder and some more lactate milk. - 102.78
Hot Quick And Creamy Breakfast
A hot creamy breakfast in less than 1 minute! A favorite that I dream of all night long - Creamy Cinnamon Oatmeal. - 95.218
Today I decided to make some porridge. Rolled oats aren't very common in Japan - the only oats I've seen are imported from the United States. I think there are many ways to make porridge. I followed the instructions on the packet. - 88.2761
Banana Buckwheat Porridge
Talk about fresh and tasty raw food, and here we have the Banana Buckwheat Porridge. Find out how to make this awesome, raw food power breakfast in this video. Delicious and healthy! Bon Appetit! - 85.5377
Raw Porridge Recipe
Never mind if you don't have enough time every morning to cook up a bowl of cereals. With this no-cook, raw porridge you are sure to hit good health. Tali presents a sumptuous porridge dish that can be whisked in a matter of minutes and tastes so sumptuous.... - 81.6484
Chocolate Rice Porridge
Have you tried a chocolate flavored porridge? Sounds interesting right? This video is all about making a nice chocolaty porridge. See this interesting recipe for more! - 69.8795
Oat And Honey Porridge
Looking for some healthy breakfast option…well this oat porrdige is just meant for you. Watch how the chef in the video makes it.Oats soaked well in advance combined with raw honey, cinnamon, sweetener etc.Very easy to make, yet delicious and healthy. This... - 68.4618
Looking for some breakfast options to kick start your day? Try this version of the recipe. Wholesome and delicious! See the video for details! - 66.291
Do you like experimenting in your kitchen with the ingredients? Watch this video now to learn an innovative African Ugali recipe. The dish is simple and can be easily replicated. Watch it now. - 64.6649
African Style Porridge
Want to make something healthy for breakfast today? Watch this video now to learn a tasty African Style Porridge recipe now. You will certainly love this combination of taste and health. - 58.1972
Persimon, Apple And Cinnamon Porridge
1. Combine all the ingredients in a saucepan and bring to the boil.
2. Reduce to simmer for 5 minutes, or until the oats are tender, stirring occasionally.
3. To serve, pour into bowls, top with a little more diced persimmon and drizzle with... - 53.4845
Banana Apple Porridge
Are you looking for a Banana Apple Porridge recipe that is surely going to conquer your taste buds? I will prepare this Banana Apple Porridge as Breakfast for a get-together I am soon going to host. This recipe will save you dollars which you have spent at... - 50.4005
Apple porridge is a delicious and nutritious porridge that can be served for breakfast. Made with broken wheat and rolled oats, the porridge is pressure cooked with milk and flavored with cinnamon powder. Served with added apples and sugar or sweetner, the... - 42.7917
1) Mix together beans, tomatoes, bay leaf, parsley and chili sauce.
2) In a pan, cook the remaining vegetables until just tender.
3) Mix together bean-tomato mixture, vegetables, water and salt. Simmer them for 2 hours.
5) Serve the bean... - 41.6864
Bulgar Sesame Porridge
1. In a medium saucepan, heat the oil over a medium flame.
2. Add the bulgur, sesame and wheat germ and sauté for 5 minutes.
3. Stir in coconut, salt and honey and mix well.
4. Pour in water and bring to a boil.
5. Reduce the flame to low, cover... - 41.3828
Nutritious tuna porridge recipe, is a different dish in its own. There is a flavorful garnishing that adds to its taste. It is healthy and low fat properties of tuna. - 41.345
Overnight Baked Porridge
In a saucepan, bring water to a boil; add oats.
Return to a boil; cook 1 minute.
Remove from the heat; cover and let stand for 5 minutes.
Combine eggs, apples, brown sugar, milk, oil, raisins, baking powder, salt and cinnamon.|stir in oatmeal.
Spoon into a... - 41.0702
Rinse and pick over peas.
Cover with water and leave to soak overnight.
Next morning, drain, add remaining ingredients, and bring to boil.
Cover pot, turn down heat, and simmer for about 2 hours, stirring occasionally.
When peas are tender, remove ham bone or... - 40.6371
Combine carrots, celery, onion, potatoes and salt in large kettle.
Add 2 quarts water; bring to a boil.
Reduce heat; cook until carrots are almost tender.
Add tomatoes, beans, bay leaf, parsley and chili sauce.
Mix well; simmer for 2 hours. - 40.228
Preheat the oven to moderate 350°F (Gas Mark 4, 180°C).
Using the teaspoon of butter, grease a large baking dish and set aside.
In a medium sized mixing bowl, combine the oats, sugar, salt and the remaining butter, stirring well with a wooden spoon to... - 39.752
Akki Da Fav Fruitmeal Porridge
Oat meal porridge dunked with nice ness of fruits and nuts, making it a healthy and satiating way to kick start the day. - 38.4145
Baby Food - Cream Of Wheat
This is another yummy meal to make for your infant. Why serve your child boring and bland baby food from a jar when you can make savory, fresh, nutritious food for you child in minutes! This is a savory cream of wheat dish for your little one that is good... - 37.2187
Sort peas; rinse.
Bring peas, water, salt and pepper to a boil in saucepan; reduce heat.
Simmer for 1 hour or until mixture is texture of mush, stirring occasionally.
Spoon mixture into blender or food processor container.
Process until pureed.
Combine puree... - 37.0568
1) Slice the fruits such as strawberries, peaches, raspberries and blackberries.
2) In a saucepan, place the porridge oats and milkand bring to the boil.
3) Let it simmer over a gentle heat for about 4 minutes, stirring frequently, until... - 36.6802
Porridge Fruit Melange
1) Chop the apples and grate the lemon rind.
2) In a blender, place banana, lemon rind and apples.
3) Process the fruits on low speed until smooth.
4) In a medium saucepan, place the fruit sauce with water, oats and yogurt.
5) Boil the... - 36.3966
Breakfast Savory Porridge
1. In a pan take milk or water and bring it to a boil.
2. Add rolled oats and salt to it.
3. Boil for 1 minute. If using milk, stir continuously and if using water, stir occasionally.
4. Remove from flame. Cover and allow it to stand for 5 minutes.
5.... - 35.812
1 In a heavy 2- to 3-quart saucepan, combine water and salt and bring to a boil over high heat.
2 Gradually pour the cornmeal into the boiling water, making sure that the boiling does not stops.
3 Keep stirring constantly with a wooden spoon to... - 35.0716
Fruity Porridge Power
1. Place apple, apricots and water in a saucepan and bring to the boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 5 minutes or until fruit is tender.
2. Place milk in a separate saucepan and heat gently for 2-3 minutes. Stir in rolled oats and bring to the boil. Cook,... - 34.8513
Put the water in the pressure cooker without the trivet and bring to the boil.
Stir in the oatmeal and salt and bring to the boil again, uncovered, stir well and lower the heat.
Put on the lid and gently bring to high (15 lb) pressure.
Cook for 30 minutes,... - 34.4089
1 In a strong pan or double saucepan, heat the water.
2 Add in the salt.
3 Gradually sprinkle in the oatmeal and stir very well to mix.
4 Bring to the boil and stir well until it begins to thicken.
5 Cover and simmer for 1/2-1 hour, stirring... - 33.7822
Cream Of Wheat
1. In a 1-1/2-quart casserole, boil water on High for 2-1/2 to 3 minutes.
2. Add cream of wheat and stir well.
3. Cook on High for 1 minute.
5. Cover and cook on Low for 2 minutes.
6. Cool it down for a few minutes before serving. - 33.1377
Whole Wheat Porridge With Currants And Almonds
Place whole wheat in a large saucepan.
Cover with cold water and let stand overnight.
The next day, drain wheat.
Cover with fresh cold water.
Simmer about 4 hours, or until tender, stirring frequently to prevent scorching and adding water as needed.
Stock... - 32.6144
Divide the banana slices between 4 small bowls.
Place the oats and milk in a pan, mix well and bring to the boil.
Stir as the porridge thickens.
After about 5 minutes, when the porridge has thickened, pour into serving bowls.
Drizzle with maple syrup or honey... - 32.3489
1) On the night before making, measure the water, oatmeal and salt into a saucepan. Let the ingredients soak overnight.
2) When ready to cook, bring the soaked ingredients to a boil, stirring continuously. Bring the heat down and allow... - 32.2381
Cream Of Wheat
Heat water to boiling; add rest of ingredients.
Turn heat to low, stirring constantly.
Cook for 30 seconds, while stirring.
Remove from heat; cover; let stand 1 minute. - 31.3871
Porridge In The Microwave
1) In a deep microwavable container, place together water, porridge and salt.
2) Put the lid on and cook for 7 minutes, stirring at least three times while cooking.
3) Stir in with milk or sugar or honey or salt, if desired.
4) Put the lid on and cook... - 31.2435
Place the split peas and the water in a pan with a lid.
Add a little salt, and bring to a boil, stirring.
Simmer, covered, until the whole thing turns to mush, about 1 hour (you may have to add a little water).
Be careful not to burn this.
When a... - 31.0767
Creamy Apple Porridge
1. In a blender, add apples and process at low speed until smooth
2. In a medium saucepan, add applesaue with oats, water and cinnamon and cook for ten minutes till oatmeal is creamy
3. Serve as required - 30.3783
Date Nut Porridge
1. In a small pan, add water, dates, nuts nad cinnamon and allow to come to a boil; add oats and allow to simmer till it thickens
2. Turn the heat off, cover and let it stand for a couple of minutes
3. Serve hot with orange juice or skim milk - 29.9098
1 In a saucepan, put the water and add salt.
2 Generously sprinkle in the rolled oats, stirring very well.
3 Bring to the boil, stirring constantly.
4 Boil for about 5-10 minutes.
5 Serve with hot milk and salt or moist brown sugar. - 29.6943
Mixed Grain Porridge
In a large bowl, combine the cracked wheat and 1 1/4 cups of the water.
Microwave on high for 5 minutes.
Add the millet, couscous, bulgur, oat bran, and remaining 2 cups water.
Microwave on high for 8 minutes.
Cover with foil and let stand for 5 minutes. - 29.4046
Spicy Raisin Porridge
Combine porridge and water in large bowl, cook on HIGH for five minutes.
Stir in cream, raisins, spice and Golden Syrup. - 29.3716
Bring milk to boiling in a heavy saucepan; add rice very gradually, stirring constantly, and continue to stir 1 to 2 minutes.
Cover and cook over low heat, stirring occasionally, 45 to 60 minutes, or until almost all of milk is absorbed and rice is completely... - 29.3378
Bring the water to a boil and add the salt.
Add the oatmeal gradually, keeping the water at a boil and stirring continuously with a wooden spoon to mix the oatmeal thoroughly.
Simmer gently for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally. - 29.1961
1 Place the water (or you can use a mixture of 1/2 milk, 1/2 water) in.
Stir in the oats and the salt.
2 Bring to the boil, stirring all the time.
Reduce the heat and simmer for 5 minutes.
Serve with milk or cream and sugar or honey.
If you are... - 29.1518
1. Pour the liquid into a pan and stir in the oats, raisins, chopped apple and nuts, and don't forget a pinch of salt.
2. Bring to the boil then reduce the heat and cook for 3-4 minutes. Next add the rice and cook for a further 2 minutes.
3. Sweeten to taste... - 29.0432
Wheat Berry Porridge
I love all kinds of porridges but Wheat Berry Porridge stands on top of the list. I bet that this Wheat Berry Porridge sounds great to you. So, why don't you give it a try! - 28.9077
1. In a saucepan, add pear juice and allow to come to a boil; add rolled oats and cool till thick, add cinnamon as well
2. Serve as required - 27.8852
Sauteed Wheatena prepared with wheatena , eggs and onion are scrumptious dish. More to add, our Sauteed Wheatena recipe is easy and simple. Who needs more! Learn how to make Sauteed Wheatena by following this easy recipe and let me know how it turned out. - 27.8821
Combine cornmeal and cold water in heavy saucepan.
Stir in shellfish liquid 1 cup at a time.
Cook over medium heat until mixture comes to a boil, stirring constantly.
Simmer for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. - 27.27
Old Fashioned Oatmeal Porridge
Bring water and salt to a boil.
Sprinkle in the oats, stirring constantly to prevent lumping.
Reduce heat, cover, and simmer for about 25 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Serve hot with milk or cream, and with honey, maple syrup, or fruits, if desired. - 26.9022
Oats And Wheat Porridge
Your children will love to feast on this Baby bear Porridge before they leave to school in the morning! Just like Goldilocks your kids are going to find this Baby Bear Porridge just right for them! Try out this porridge and let me know if you agree with me ! - 26.3734
Cream Of Wheat
1. Put salt and water in a pan and bring to a rapid boil.
2. Slowly sprinkle in Cream of Wheat, stir constantly until mixture thickens.
3. Lower heat and continue cooking 5 minutes more, stirring occasionally. - 25.8472
1. Mix egg yolk, 3 tablespoons of the sugar, salt, tapioca and milk in a 2-quart glass measuring cup. Cover with waxed paper. Cook in microwave oven 8 minutes at HIGH; stir occasionally.
2. Beat egg white in a bowl until frothy. Add remaining sugar and beat... - 25.4367
Soy Cornmeal Porridge
Mix soy grits, cornmeal, salt and yeast with cold water to make smooth paste.
Stir mixture into boiling liquid in top of double boiler.
Cook over direct heat for 5 minutes, stirring constantly.
Place over bottom of double boiler, to which hot water has... - 24.7493
Butter the inside or the Slow cooker.
Add ingredients and stir well.
Cook for the recommended time or overnight.
Stir well again before serving as it separates during cooking. - 23.8706
Porridge With Rolled Oats
If thick porridge is required, use the larger amount of cereal.
Mix the cereal with a little of the cold water.
Boil the rest and pour on to the cereal, stirring well.
Add the salt.
Return to the pan, stir until it boils, and occasionally during cooking. - 22.6437
Bring the salted water to a boil.
Sprinkle in the rolled oats, stirring all the time and keeping the liquid on a fast boil to avoid lumps.
Reduce the heat and let the porridge simmer for 25 minutes, stirring from time to time. - 22.3888
Cream Of Wheat
1. Combine water, salt and cream of wheat in a 1-quart glass casserole. Cover with an all-glass lid or plastic wrap. Cook in microwave oven 5 to 6 minutes at HIGH; stir after 3 minutes.
2. Allow to stand covered 5 minutes before serving. - 21.9781
Classic Cream Of Wheat
1. Combine water, salt and cream of wheat in a microwave-safe serving dish. Cover with plastic wrap. Cook in microwave oven 1 1/2 minutes at HIGH; stir after 1 minute.
2. Allow to stand covered 2 to 3 minutes before serving. - 19.6519
Instant Cream Of Wheat
Pour water into a 10 ounce bowl.
Add 1 package of instant cream of wheat Heat, covered, on full power for 1 1/2 minutes.
Let stand 2 minutes. - 18.6157
Soy Oatmeal Porridge
Soak soy grits and oatmeal overnight in liquid, in top of double boiler.
In morning, place over bottom of double boiler, to which hot water has been added, and cook. - 13.9452
Multi-seed Porridge: Creamy Grain-free Raw Cereal
In this video, raw food chef and author Jennifer Cornbleet shows you how to prepare a heart Multiseed Porridge with a popular raw food recipe from her book Raw Food Made Easy for 1 or 2 People Revised. - 0
Porridge Recipes By Category