- » Pomfret
Pomfret is one of the main fishes in South Asia. They are found majorly in the Indo – Pacific ocean and Atlantic region. It is a perciform fish which belongs to the Bramidae family. This category of fish has ... More »
Indian Fried Fish
This recipe of Indian Fried Fish is a delightful dish. Watch this video and see how you can make this delicacy at home. The rice flour makes it really crispy. - 126.861
Fish In Meikee Sauce
Fish for you? Here is another great instant recipe from Ching’s. Chef Vikas demonstrates how to prepare a meikee sauce using Ching’s sauces. Watch closely and try it yourself! - 88.9414
The exotic flavors of Indian cuisine all wrapped into one. A popular Indian dish, the Tandoori Pomfret is all about the Indian condiments and spices that make your fish real delicious. Savor the subtle flavor and juicy taste of the Tandoori pomfret marinated... - 55.6111
Pomfret A La Portugaise
1. Fillet the fish and skin, wash in several rinses of cold water.
2. Skin the tomatoes and slice them.
3. Saute shallots or onions and mushrooms in butter.
4. Grease pyrex dishes and line the bottom with thinly sliced tomatoes.
5. Place one layer of fillet... - 45.2881
1) Clean pomfret and set aside.
2) Make a paste of coconut, cumin seeds, garlic, ginger, green chillies, coriander and poppy seeds.
3) Soak tamarind and make pulp.
4) Take a skillet and heat oil in it. Fry onions until soft.
5) Now,... - 45.2332
Teochew Steamed Pomfret
1) Clean the fish on both inside and outside and let it dry.
2) In an oval plate, place the fish, and add all the ingredients except, chicken stock, powder, sugar, and salt.
3) Sprinkle stock powder, salt , and sugar.
4) In a steamer,... - 44.8923
Wash, wipe fish pieces and cover with salt, turmeric and lemon juice.
Heat oil in large frying pan, place fish pieces in it and sprinkle a little maida over them.
Fry till half done, take out pieces and keep aside.
Heat same oil, fry onions till soft, adding... - 44.2032
Tandoori pomfret is a tandoori preparation of pomfret in an indian way. Originally cooked in the tandoor, the tandoori pomfret recipe is a spicy and smoky fish recipe that can be served with rice or naans. Rubbed with spices and lemon juice and marinated with... - 44.1313
Pomfret With Cape Gooseberry Sauce
1) Wash and pat dry the fish.
2) Combine the ingredients for marinade and rub into fish and set aside for 30 minutes to marinate.
MAKING ... - 43.7309
Teochew Style Steamed Pomfret
1) Cut the pomfret into desired pieces,scale and clean it.
2) If it is very thick, slice it diagonally each side to the bone,but avoid through the backbone, allowing the fish to cook evenly.
3) Pre-soak dried mushrooms in water and slice when... - 43.1758
Hot And Spicy Pomfret
1) Clean and fish.
2) Make a paste of garlic, chillies, ginger, tamarind and coriander leaves.
3) Mix the paste with the spices and coat the fish. Let it sit for 15 minutes.
4) Take a wok and heat oil. Fry the fish until dark... - 42.8242
This is one of the tasty and easy to make fish fry recipe from Mangalore, Karnataka. - 42.0039
Assam Pedas Pomfret
Assam Pedas Pomfret ! Wow ! This sour spicy fish dish surely rocks ! I love this with a bowl of steaming bowl of rice ! Try these Assam Pedas Pomfret and let me know if you share my passion ! - 41.4213
Pomfret Baked In Wine
1)Preheat the oven and prepare ovenproof dish.
2)Dip fish fillets in seasoned flour and arrange in prepared ovenproof dish
3)Top with bell peppers, spring onions,... - 40.4337
1) Clean the fish.
2) Make ginger-garlic paste and mix it with tamarind pulp, salt and spices.
3) Coat fish into the spice paste and set aside for 15-20 minutes.
4) Dredge the fish into rice flour and shallow fry until golden brown... - 39.6143
Fukein Pomfret With Tomatoes
Clean the fish and make gashes on both sides of the fish.
Rub 1 teaspoon salt evenly and dredge with flour.
Heat oil and fry the fish till both sides turn brown.
In the same oil add garlic, onions, ginger and stir, fry for a little while.
Add 1 cup... - 38.9873
Fillet Of Pomfret Or Sole Orly
1. Sift flour, baking powder and salt into a basin. Add yolk of egg, oil and water and mix to a smooth batter. Leave aside for half an hour.
2. Clean, fillet, and skin fish. Wash thoroughly in cold water.
3. Prepare a marinade with the given ingredients.
4.... - 38.4411
Fillet De Pomfret Crème
1. Clean, fillet and skin fish.
2. Season fillets and roll up with the skinned side inside.
3. Cook in greased baking tins covered with greased paper for about 15 minutes.
4. Infuse the milk with the bones, white skin, bayleaf and mace.
5. Strain the milk and... - 38.2972
1. Wash, trim and fillet fish.
2. Place in a buttered dish, sprinkle with lemon juice and seasoning. Steam.
3. When cooked, place fish on fire proof dish; coat with mornay sauce. Sprinkle with grated cheese.
4. Brown under a grill or in a very hot oven.
5.... - 37.6358
1. Grind the ingredients for the marinade.
2. Rub 2 dsp marinade evenly all over the fish and keep covered in a cool place for 2-3 hours.
3. Heat oil in a pan and fry onions, green chillies and ginger; fry till the onions are light brown in colour. Add... - 37.5384
1. Clean and fillet pomfret.
2. Dip in milk. Roll in flour.
3. Coat with beaten egg and breadcrumbss and deep fry.
4. Serve garnished with Maitre d'hotel butter.
5. To make Maitre d'hotel butter, cream butter, add chopped parsley and lime juice. Mix well, set... - 36.742
1. Clean fish. Remove fins. Wash well.
2. Fillet fish from one side only and remove centre bones. Wash again.
3. Poach fish in a court bouillon.
4. Drain and place in a serving dish.
5. Coat with mayonnaise sauce.
6. Garnish with lettuce, slices of cucumber,... - 36.0694
Stuffed Baked Pomfret
1. Scale and wash fish.
2. Fillet from one side but do not detach.
3. Remove entrails and centre bone.
4. Wash thoroughly. 5. Stuff with forcemeat stuffing. Tie. Sprinkle with lime juice and seasoning.
6. Melt fat in a baking tray. When hot put in the fish.... - 33.8461
Pomfrets Fillets With Cheese And Parsley
1. Wash the fish fillets, apply salt and pour the lime juice over them and allow to marinate for 12 minutes.
2. Chop the spring onions in thin small rings.
3. Place the fillets in a flat pan and cover with the spring onions, tomatoes and the chopped parsley... - 32.0102
Clean fish, keep whole, wash well and drain thoroughly.
Rub in anchovy sauce and refrigerate for 1 hour.
Brush oil over fish.
Heat a tandoor and throw puffed rice into the lower tray.
When smoke starts to curl out, place fish on upper rack and cook for 3-5... - 31.9763
Pomfret Recipes By Category