- » Pita Bread Stuffing
Pita Bread Stuffing Recipes
Enjoy our collection of pita bread stuffing recipes submitted, reviewed and rated by ifood.tv community. Meet people who are looking for pita bread stuffing recipes.
Barleystuffed Pita Bread
Brown the ground beef, draining excess fat.
Add the onion, green pepper, and garlic, and saute.
Add the tomatoes, spices, barley, and water.
Simmer 35 minutes or until barley is tender.
Salt and pepper to taste.
Stuff into Pita Bread, adding shredded lettuce,... - 33.1123
Pitas Stuffed With Chicken Apple Salad
In a medium bowl, combine the chicken, apples, pineapple and celery.
In a small bowl, stir together the yogurt, mayonnaise and celery seeds.
Add to the chicken mixture and toss until well coated. - 29.1213
1) Soak the bulgur for about 1 hour.
2) Take a pan and prepare bulgur according to package directions.
3) Take a large mixing bowl and combine bulgur with all other ingredients in it.
4) Cut meat into bite-size pieces, if desired.
5)... - 45.661
Grilled And Meat Stuffed Pita Bread
Here's a good way to use Pita bread, stuff and grill them. In the video, Robin uses ground meat paste as the stuffing and then grills pita wedges to make some awesome appetizers. It's a nice pita sandwich and a good way to use any leftover pita bread. - 116.971
Chicken Merry Go Round In Pita Bread
This Chicken Merry Go Round In Pita Bread has really made me go around in joy ! This bread stuffed with avocados, vegetables and onion with salt and pepper seasonings is a rage. Try this Chicken Merry Go Round in Pita Bread and let me know if you like it. - 31.3087
Salad In A Pita
1) Take a small bowl and combine together cucumber, lettuce, tomato, onion rings and salad dressing. Toss to coat evenly.
2) Fill each of the pockets with prepared vegetable mixture.
3) Top each pocket with half the sprouts and half the cheese. - 38.1828
Garden Style Pita
Heat Crisco® Oil in large skillet on medium-high heat.
Add zucchini and yellow squash.
Cook and stir 7 to 8 minutes or until tender.
Add basil, salt and pepper.
Toss to mix.
Remove from heat.
Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
Line pita pocket with... - 40.1703
Garbanzo Beans In Pita
Cut a small piece of each pita bread off and reserve.
Open breads to form a pouch.
In bowl combine chick peas, parsley, lemon juice, garlic, cayenne, cumin, and coriander.
In separate bowl combine remaining ingredients.
Divide each mixture into 6... - 40.1076
Stuffed Pita Sandwich
GETTING READY 1) Wash and dry the lettuce and spinach leaves. 2) Squeeze off juice from fresh lemon. 3)... - 34.0116
Turkey Pita Rounds
These Turkey Pita Rounds are a favorite lunch fare for me. This irresistible bird filling doused in tangy fruit relish has mesmerized me and I want to have this bread dish for most meals for a long time to come. Try these Turkey Pita Rounds and let me know if... - 34.6449
Avocado Filled Pita
1. Halve the avocado and remove the pit. Peel the avocado halves and chop the flesh coarsely. Combine with the lemon juice, garlic salt, oregano, and Worcestershire.
2. Fill pita halves with the avocado mixture. Combine the tomato, scal-lion, and red pepper... - 23.7717
California Pita Pockets
1. To prepare the cilantro leaves rinse, dry and finely chop them.
2. Cut the tomato into 1/2-inch dice and keep aside.
3. Combine them with the mayonnaise and the juice of 1 lime.
4. With the mayonnaise mix the chicken and season to... - 45.3512
Easy Mushroom Pita Pockets
If you are on a weight loss programme, then these mushrooms would definitely help you to lose weight. Here is an excellent video that displays an interesting recipe for mushrooms. These mushroom pita pockets serve as an excellent quick and easy meal that you... - 132.751
1. Combine zucchini, broccoli, mushrooms, tomato, green pepper, corn, cumin, and cheese.
2. Stuff vegetable mixture into the 4 pita bread pockets. - 34.1658
Chicken Steak Pita
If you are wondering what to do with the leftovers of your Syrian bread, this video recipe could leave you happily inspired and drooling. Chicken steak pita tastes as good to the tongue as it sounds to the ears and Chef Jason Aziz ensures that you help... - 98.7676
Egg Salad Filled Pita
1. Combine eggs, mayonnaise, curry, onion, salt, parsley, and cucumber in a medium-sized bowl. Mix well.
2. Fill the pita pockets with the mixture. Top with the sprouts. - 22.7254
Vegetable Cheese Pita Sandwiches
These Vegetable Cheese Pita Sandwiches are a desire ! These bread sandwiches with an abundance of vegetables and cheese are a delightful treat. Try these Vegetable Cheese Pita Sandwiches and let me know if you like them. - 39.556
Barbecued Beef Pita Sandwiches
Heat oven to 350°.
In large skillet, brown ground beef with onion and garlic, drain.
Add ketchup, chili powder, cumin, pepper, and corn.
Cover and simmer 8 to 10 minutes.
Stir and simmer 3 to 4 minutes or until corn is tender.
Cut pocket bread in half.
Spoon... - 37.7992
Stuffed Pita Sandwiches
Stuffed pita sandwiches are vegetable sandwiches prepared with shredded and sliced vegetables. Herbed with oregano, the sandwiches are nutritious with alfalfa sprouts and cheese in them. Serve fresh! - 38.2589
Stuffed Pita Scramble
1) In a 8 inch non-stick skillet, saute the zucchini and onion in the margarine over a medium for 2 to 3 minutes, stirring constantly, until the zucchini is tender.
2) Stir in the ham (or turkey), stir constantly and cook for about 1 minute until... - 38.6402
Greek Pocket Steaks
These Greek Pocket Steaks are perfectly designed for the famished soul ! Try this stuffed pita bread dish for your next meal and tell me if you like it. your suggestions for these Greek Pocket Steaks are welcome ! - 47.0237
Tomato Cheese Stuffed Pitas
Preheat oven to 350°F.
Slice pita breads horizontally, halfway around, and open each to form a pocket.
Slide 1 tomato slice into each pocket.
Combine remaining ingredients in a small bowl.
Stuff 1/2 of mixture into each pocket.
Transfer to small baking... - 34.0887
1) Take a food processor bowl and add lemon juice and oil to the beans.
2) Process until it becomes a smooth paste.
3) Season according to taste.
4) Add some garlic cheese and blend once again until smooth.
5) Toast each pitta on a toaster for ½ a... - 40.8142
1) In a 9-inch skillet, saute the turkey sausage in the margarine for 2 minutes.
2) Stir in the onion and bell pepper and saute for about 2 minutes, until just tender.
3) Stir in the sauerkraut and horseradish mustard (or horseradish and mustard) and... - 37.0417
Almond N' Apricot Stuffed Pitas
1) In a small bowl, place the apricots and water.
2) On high power, cook covered for 5 minutes, or until soft.
3) Drain well and let cool slightly.
4) Once cool enough to handle, chop them fine.
5) In a medium sized bowl, combine the onion and... - 47.5116
Pita Pockets Stuffed With Chicken Tikka & Raita
In a bowl, mix together the curry paste and yogurt.
Stir in the chicken cubes, coating them well in the mixture.
Set aside to marinate for at least 30 minutes.
Mix together all the ingredients for the raita and set aside.
Place the marinated chicken on a... - 30.3061
Beefsteak Tomato, Bocconcini And Balsamic Stuffed Pita
1. Place vinegar, chopped basil and garlic in a mixing bowl. Drizzle in oil, whisking constantly, until smooth and thick. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Add tomatoes and bocconcini and toss well to coat. Let rest for at least 5 minutes. Add lettuce and... - 26.064
Turkey Stuffed Pitas
1. In a small mixing bowl,
2. Combine the marinade ingredients and mix well.
3. Using a sharp knife make 4 crisscross, 1/3-inch-deep cuts on both sides of the turkey breasts. Arrange in a shallow dish or tray.
4. Coat the turkey with the... - 45.7626
Pitas Stuffed With Tofu Egg Salad
To make the salad, crumble the tofu onto a clean kitchen towel.
Roll up the towel and twist to remove as much liquid as possible.
Mash the eggs with a fork in a large bowl.
Add the tofu, celery, carrot, onion, mayonnaise, vinegar, mustard, salt and pepper... - 35.7405
Popcorn Shrimp Pita Envelopes
1. Pre heat an oven at 200 C (400 F).
2. Cook shrimps according to packaging instructions. Keep aside.
3. In a medium sized bowl, combine mango, onion, pepper and lettuce. Mix well and add shrimps. Mix well and keep aside.
4. In another... - 46.4659
Bean Filled Pitas
1. In a large bowl toss beans with next 6 ingredients until beans are coated.
2. Gently fold in cheese, tomatoes and cucumber and chill with cover for about 2 hours.
3. Cut pita breads in half and fill each half with about 2/3 cup bean... - 41.2556
Chicken And Rice Pitas
In a small saucepan stir together water, rice, and bouillon granules.
Bring to boiling; reduce heat.
Cover and simmer about 45 minutes or till rice is tender.
Meanwhile, combine chicken, broccoli, cheese, carrot, and olives.
Add rice mixture.
Stir together... - 45.2793
Cheesy Chili Pita Triangles
Cheesy Chili Pita Triangles is an irresistible mouth-watering recipe. Try this easy to prepare Cheesy Chili Pita Triangles, you will love to serve to your loved ones. - 32.747
Cheesy Clam Pockets
1. Combine the cheese, celery, cucumber, garlic salt, parsley, lemon juice, red pepper seasoning, and clams in a medium-sized bowl. Mix well.
2. Spoon the clam mixture into the pita halves and top with sprouts. - 24.9087
Savory Egg Pockets
Heat margarine in 10-inch skillet over medium heat until melted.
Cook bell pepper and tomato in margarine about 3 minutes, stirring occasionally, until bell pepper is tender.
Mix eggs, Worcestershire sauce and salt.
Pour into skillet.
As mixture begins to set... - 33.545
Grilled Pita Dippers With South Western Hummus
ITS A VERY NICE FUSSION OF DIFFERENT CUSINES ( ARABIC , GREEK AND AMERICAN ).
EVERY BODY LOVES PITA BUT U ALL WILL LOVE TO EAT A GRILLED PITA BREAD WITH A AROMA OF BURNT BUTTER WITH FUSSION OF PITA , AND A DIP ITSELF ONLY MADE FOR PITA . - 54.3181
Sgramble In A Pocket
1.Take a non stick skillet and pour some oil in it. Place on medium heat and add in onion, mushrooms, pepper and stir cook for about 1 minute. Peppers would have become tender yet crisp.
2.Now, add in the egg substitute, cream cheese and stir cook for... - 39.4691
Chicken Salad Pockets
1) Take a medium size bowl and combine together celery, chicken, green onions and raisins.
2) In another small bowl mix together lemon juice, mayonnaise, and curry powder. Blend all the ingredients nicely.
3) Pour the prepared sauce over chicken... - 41.7028
Stir together sprouts, cucumber, cheese, yogurt, sesame seeds and pepper in medium bowl.
Spoon mixture evenly into pita bread halves.
Place tomato slice on filling in each bread half. - 29.3694
Greek Style Sandwiches
Cut beef into strips 2 inches long and 1/4 inch wide.
In 8 x 8 x 2 inch baking dish, combine wine, oil, garlic, oregano, salt, and pepper; mix well.
Add beef and stir to coat.
Let stand at room temperature 1 hour.
Cook meat in marinade, covered, at HIGH for 5... - 39.1528
Stuffed Eggplant Dinner Or Undhiyun
Stuffed eggplant is a delicacy you have fondly relished at restaurants. Now you can learn to make it in easy steps too. Bhal Dave sums each process in an articulate manner. Now you can treat your guests with stuffed eggplant with Pita Bread along with... - 70.2044
Stuffed Eggplant Dip
Cut eggplant in half lengthwise.
Use a spoon to scoop out pulp, leaving a 1/2-inch shell; reserve pulp.
Brush inside of eggplant shells with lemon juice to prevent browning; set aside.
In a medium saucepan, steam or cook reserved pulp in boiling water until... - 39.5361
Mediterranean Stuffed Cabbage Malfoof
Here is an outstanding video that shows you how to make Mediterranean stuffed cabbage Malfoof at home. The chef here cooks the stuffed cabbage leaves in a lemony tomato sauce. This dish is very filling, appetizing and satisfying, so just try out and enjoy! - 119.192
1. Preheat oven to 350°.
2. Combine first 3 ingredients in a small bowl; stir well. Cover and chill.
3. Combine boiling water, bulgur, and 1/8 tea spoon salt in a bowl; stir well. Cover and let stand 15 minutes or until liquid is absorbed. Combine bulgur,... - 30.1077
Tandoori Bread Naan
This simple tandoori bread naan recipe reproduces in your own kitchen the moghul bread that is traditionally baked in the Indian clay oven (tandoor). The results are as good as they can be without the sweet wood coal and earthy clay aromas. - 45.9596
Onion Stuffed Falafel
Falafel is a great snack in itself, but this onion stuffed falafel is a great creation as it adds an extra kick to this dish, once you bite through the crisp crust into the soft and tangy onion mixture you get a nice kick of titillating flavors. Watch the... - 119.721
Stuffed Grape Leaves
Here is video that displays an outstanding recipe for meat and rice stuffed grape leaves. The dish is nice, lemony and absolutely flavorful. The video shows the perfect art of making these classic meat stuffed grape leaves . Treat your friends to this... - 125.005
Bacon And Egg Pockets
Cut pita in half crosswise.
Warm in oven as it preheats to about 300 degrees.
Meanwhile, in medium skillet, fry bacon until crisp; drain on paper towel.
Pour off all grease except what clings to skillet.
Whisk eggs with milk, salt and pepper.
Pour into... - 34.5826
Preheat oven to 350°F.
Rinse wheat in pan of water and drain, then squeeze out all water with hands.
Add lamb, onion, salt and pepper and whirl, small amount at a time, in blender a few seconds, until smooth.
Spread half the mixture in greased shallow pan,... - 40.4285
Hummus Spread With Yogurt
Puree all ingredients in processor or blender (if using blender, do in two batches).
Spread on pita bread.
Add whatever stuffings you like.
One of our favorites is a few slices of tomato, avocado slices and a sprinkling of bacon bits.
Keeps in... - 34.1475
Tomato And Avocado On Tortilla Chips
Looking for a side dish that can be prepared very quickly and easily. Try Tomato and Avocado on Tortilla Chips. The filling can be prepared in a matter of five minutes and then baked on tortilla chips. You can also use this filling for a sandwich or eat it... - 85.2842
Barry makes some falafel stuffed in a pita bread with salad and a sweet chilli sauce. - 0
1) Using a scrubber, scrub the zucchini and then grate the zucchini coarsely straight into a bowl
2) Using a knife mince the garlic and shallot
3) Into the frying pan, saute the garlic and shallot till soft and tender
4) Into a colander,... - 44.7608
Yellow Split Pea Fritters
Baya Kyaw is Indian in origin and is a popular street food in Yangon, eaten as a snack throughout the day. This recipe is my sister’s version and works particularly well as a starter, simply served with a dip or my personal favourite, eaten like falafel,... - 42.2426
Roasted Provencale Vegetable Salsa
To Marinate: In a plastic zipper bag combine sesame and olive oils, vinegar, garlic, oregano, and salt and pepper to taste.
Cut ends off un-peeled eggplant and zucchini and slice lengthwise into 1/2-inch slices.
Remove core from pepper, cut into quarters and... - 41.4947
Melt margarine in skillet; add mushrooms and saute until tender.
In bowl combine mushrooms with ricotta and Mozzarella cheeses.
Season with salt and pepper.
Divide mixture into 2 portions.
Cut opening at edge of each pita to form pocket.
Spoon 1 portion... - 29.8144
Harmony Hero A Vegetarian Hoagie
1. Cut the pita bread into half so that you get two pita pockets.
2. Line each pita pocket with lettuce.
3. Over the lettuce, layer 1 ½ slices of cheese in each pocket
4. Arrange tomato and cucumber and avocado slices over the cheese.
5. Then stuff... - 48.95
Tuna Snack Sandwiches
1. Drain pineapple, reserving 2 teaspoons juice. In a medium bowl, combine pineapple, tuna, cabbage, green onion and olives.
2. In a small bowl, combine mayonnaise or salad dressing, reserved pineapple juice, celery salt and pepper.
3. Combine tuna mixture... - 37.931
Barbecued Tempeh And Peppers
Heat 2 tablespoons of the oil in a heavy skillet and saute the chopped onions for 3 to 4 minutes, until they begin to soften.
While the onions saute, mince the garlic and chop the bell pepper; add them to the onions.
Continue to cook another 5 minutes,... - 45.784
1) In a very large bowl, place the lentils and onion along with the boiling water to cover up to three quarters.
2) On high power, cook covered for 10 to 15 minutes, or until soft. Stir in between, as required.
3) Into the lentils, add the chopped... - 47.8559
Mediterranean Kusa Mahshi
Here is an excellent video that shows how to prepare a Mediterranean kusa mahshi recipe at home. The chef makes this fantastic recipe with rice and meat stuffed squash or zucchini and flavored with mint and garlic. This video is simply awesome and worth... - 123.804
Moroccan Eggplant Appetizer
Cut eggplant into 1/2-inch cubes.
In a large skillet, heat oil.
Add eggplant; saute until soft, 3 to 4 minutes.
Stir in zucchini, garlic, onion, tomatoes, olives, capers, vinegar, sugar, salt, parsley, fines herbes and pepper.
Stirring occasionally, cook over... - 32.5356
Masoor Ki Dal Lentil Soup & Rice Dinner
How about a Indian dinner which is both tasty and healthy? Try simple to make Masoor dal and stir fry cabbage, serve with rice & tortilla. Yummy recipe from the kitchen of US chef Bhal Dave. He impresses with his exquisite style of making it to perfection. - 63.1192
Home Style Falafel
Falafel has ruled the Arab snack world since from the time it was created and now it has gained popularity world wide. This home style falafel recipe is an easy way to prepare this crispy crunchy snack at home and you can have as many as you want as you are... - 123.125
Stuffed Grape Leaves aka Dolmathes are a party food-just rolling the stuffed leaves, laughing and talking makes for the beginning of a party. A small glass of Retsina (Greek wine) helps in this labour of rolling dozens of grape leaves. Greeks always have... - 53.9718
Molokhia is one of those unusual and typical dishes which is very popular in the local Arabic cuisine but might seem weird elsewhere due to its slimy consistency. However it is so nutritious and flavorful that one has to try it before judging it. Take a look... - 124.886