- » Pita Bread
Pita Bread Recipes
Pita bread, round leavened flat layered bread with pockets, is generally made with wheat flour or a mixture of flours. Consumed by a lot of cultures, especially the Turkish, Romanian and Greek cultures, the pita ... More »
Homemade Pita Bread
If you relish Pita and hummus whenever you go out, now is the time to relish the bites in your home. Watch this interesting video to learn how you can make pita at your home by using some simple ingredients. You can even surprise your family now.. - 130.495
Wheatberries Pita Bread
If you love to bake your bread, then you will love this Wheatberries Pita Bread. This video shows how to prepare fresh bread from the grains in a few minutes. These breads are not only delicious, they are very healthy too. Try them! - 122.344
Whole Wheat Pita Bread
1) Warm 1/4 cup water and sprinkle yeast over it.
2) Let stand in a warm place about 5 minutes until it dissolves or puffs.
3) In your food processor, use the METAL BLADE setting.
4) In the work bowl, add flour, salt and bran (if used). Pulse... - 50.5031
Whole Wheat Pita Bread
1) Preheat the oven to 450Â°F.
2) In a large bowl, combine the flours, salt and the two tablespoons of sugar.
3) In another bowl, mix the remaining sugar with the yeast and 1/2 cup of the warm water.
4) Set in a warm place for about 10 minutes... - 45.3728
Stir sugar into warm water in bowl until dissolved.
Stir in yeast.
Let stand for 6 minutes.
Stir in 1 cup all-purpose flour, whole wheat flour and salt.
Add 4 cups all-purpose flour, mixing to form dough.
Knead for 4 minutes on floured surface, kneading in... - 44.5894
Pita Bread Pizzas
1 Preheat the broiler, setting the rack 6 inches from the heat.
Arrange the pita rounds, cut sides up, on a baking sheet and toast for 1 to 2 minutes or until lightly golden.
2 Preheat the oven to 450° F.
In a 10-inch nonstick skillet, heat 2 teaspoons of... - 43.8139
1. In a large mixing bowl, activate the yeast by dissolving it with the sugar in 3 tablespoons of warm water. Allow the yeast starter to stand for 10 minutes till it is frothy.
2. Grease a baking sheet with oil or baking spray.
3. Preheat the... - 43.1824
Village Salad With Grilled Pita Bread
1. In a large bowl combine vegetables, olives and parsley.
2. On top of the salad, rest sliced feta cheese.
3. In a small plastic container combine oil, vinegar and oregano with a lid.
4. Combine oil and vinegar by shaking vigorously to and pour over... - 41.9064
Steamed Creamed Smoked Fish In Pita Bread
1) Soak smoked fish in cold water for at least one hour, drain, and pat dry.
2) On a greased steamer, place the fish, and steam until done.
3) Remove fish, let it cool, and flake into pieces.
4) Combine flaked fish with the sour cream,... - 41.5044
Whole Wheat Pita Bread
Combine flours, salt and 2 tablespoons sugar in a large bowl.
In a small bowl, mix 1/2 cup warm water with remaining teaspoon of sugar and yeast.
Set in a warm place for 10 minutes, or until mixture is bubbly.
Stir yeast mixture into flour... - 41.162
Pita Bread Pizzas With Peppers And Smoked Ham
1) Halve the pitta bread horizontally, place the golden sides on a baking sheet and brush the pale sides with a little olive oil.
2) Place the tomatoes towards the edges of the bread, sprinkle oregano, salt and pepper.
3) Place sliced red and green... - 40.8749
This Pita Bread is simply irresistible and mouth-watering recipe. Try this easy to prepare Pita Bread dish; I am sure you will love to share it with your loved ones. - 40.4268
Crunchy Eggplant Walnut Pate With Whole Wheat Pita Bread
Preheat the oven to 375° F.
Prick the eggplant with a fork, place it (whole and unpeeled) on a baking sheet, and bake for 45 minutes, or until it collapses when lightly pressed with the back of a spoon.
Toast the walnuts under the broiler (be careful... - 40.267
Pita Bread Pizza
Preheat the oven to 425° F.
Heat the oil in a 12-inch nonstick skillet over moderate heat for 1 minute.
Add the onion, pepper, salt, basil, and oregano, and saute, stirring often, for 2 minutes or until slightly softened.
Add the mushrooms and saute,... - 39.8022
Arabic Whole Wheat Pita Bread
Dissolve yeast and 1 teaspoon sugar in warm water in a large bowl; let stand 5 minutes.
Add remaining 2 teaspoons sugar, oil, salt, 2 cups all-purpose flour, and whole wheat flour; beat at medium speed of an electric mixer until well blended.
Gradually stir... - 39.5114
1) In a bowl, combine yeast and lukewarm water to dissolve. Keep it aside for 10 minutes or until it becomes bubbly.
2) Place 1 cup of flour to this by sprinkling with salt. Stir well and slowly add rest of the flour to prepare spongy dough.
3)... - 39.323
Mix together 1/2 cup lukewarm water & sugar till the sugar is dissolved.
Sprinkle the yeast on top.
Mix the yeast into the warm sugar water mixture.
Cover & keep in a warm place undisturbed, allowing it to dissolve.
After 5 or 10 minutes, the yeast should... - 38.9416
Dissolve the yeast in lukewarm water.
Add oil and two cups (500 ml) of the flour.
Beat until the dough is smooth.
Add the remaining flour as you knead the bread in the bowl.
Place dough on a well-floured surface and knead in some additional flour until the... - 37.6563
Classic Pita Bread
In a small bowl, dissolve yeast and sugar in 1/4 cup warm water; set aside about 5 minutes until foamy.
In a large bowl, combine flour and salt.
Make a well in center; add yeast mixture, oil and 1-1/2 cups warm water.
Gradually mix into flour until evenly... - 37.3069
Spiced Pita Bread
Scatter the cumin and sesame seeds over a sheet of foil and place under the broiler.
Toast for 2-3 minutes, stirring to prevent burning.
Remove and cool.
Dissolve the sugar and yeast in the water.
Place the flour, salt, coriander and toasted spices in a large... - 37.266
Pita Bread With Honey
This Pita bread is the finest and most delicious of the different types of Pita bread I've tasted till now! Try out this Pita Bread for lunch or dinner and let me if you agree with me ! - 36.6198
1) Follow the package instructions and mix together the hot roll mix and the yeast.
2) Pour enough water to this and mix well to make a dough.
3) Knead it on a floured surface for 5 minutes until smooth and stretchable and make a large ball.
4)... - 33.7607
Heat water to 120°F (48°C).
In large mixer bowl, combine 2 cups (500 ml) flour, yeast, sugar, salt, and warmed water.
Mix with Doughmaker at recommended speed for 3 minutes. (It may be necessary to scrape sides of bowl with rubber... - 33.2103
Barleystuffed Pita Bread
Brown the ground beef, draining excess fat.
Add the onion, green pepper, and garlic, and saute.
Add the tomatoes, spices, barley, and water.
Simmer 35 minutes or until barley is tender.
Salt and pepper to taste.
Stuff into Pita Bread, adding shredded lettuce,... - 33.1123
Pour the water into a large bowl.
Sprinkle in the yeast, sugar, and salt.
Stir to dissolve.
Gradually whisk in the flour 1/2 cup at a time to make a smooth batter.
Stir in the remaining flour 1/2 cup at a time until the dough pulls away from the sides of the... - 33.0641
Perfect Pita Bread
In a large bowl mix water and yeast.
Add flour gradually, mixing well until smooth.
Scrape side of bowl; cover lightly.
Let rise in a warm place for 1 hour or until doubled in bulk.
Stir dough down.
Dust a board with flour.
On the floured board... - 32.7936
Cheesy Pita Bread Sandwiches
GETTING READY 1) Arrange all the ingredients required. MAKING 2) In a small bowl, beat cream cheese till softened. 3) To... - 32.4456
In large mixer bowl soften yeast in 1 1/4 cups warm water (110Â° to 115Â°).
Add 2 cups of the flour, shortening,and salt.
Beat at low speed of electric mixer for 1/2 minute, scraping bowl.
Beat 3 minutes at high speed.
Stir in as much remaining flour as... - 31.9271
Raisin Coleslaw & Tuna Filled Pita Breads
1. Mix the carrot, cabbage, yogurt, vinegar, and raisins together in a bowl. Lightly stir in the tuna and half the pepitas and season to taste with pepper.
2. Lightly toast the pita breads under a preheated hot broiler or in a toaster, then let cool slightly.... - 31.7836
Chicken Merry Go Round In Pita Bread
This Chicken Merry Go Round In Pita Bread has really made me go around in joy ! This bread stuffed with avocados, vegetables and onion with salt and pepper seasonings is a rage. Try this Chicken Merry Go Round in Pita Bread and let me know if you like it. - 31.3087
Pita Bread Chips
Pita Bread Chips - is a heady mix of parmesan cheese flavored pita bread. Makes a yummy pick as an appetizer, these pita bread chips are pretty easy to prepared too. Try the Pita Bread Chips recipe. - 29.6824
Dissolve yeast, sugar, salt, and liquid shortening in warm water.
Add 3 c. (750 mL) of the flour; stir to mix well. (Dough should be fairly stiff; if not, add more flour.) Turn out onto floured surface; knead in remaining flour. (Dough will be very stiff.)... - 28.4293
1. Sprinkle yeast onto warm water and let stand for 5 minutes.
2. Add salt and flour. Knead 5 minutes. Let rest 15 minutes.
3. Divide into 8 equal parts and shape into round balls with hands.
4. Stick a 24-inch strip of waxed paper to the countertop with... - 25.6437
Pita Bread Pizza
Cut pita bread crosswise to yield 2 round crusts.
Place pita bread on baking sheet; spread cut side with tomato sauce, meat, and any or all of the remaining ingredients.
Top with cheese.
Bake at 400° for 20 minutes. - 23.9414
Pita Bread Sandwiches
1. Cut pita bread in half.
2. Toss remaining ingredients together and fill pockets of pita bread. - 21.1887
Pita Bread Recipes By Category