- » Pinto Bean
Pinto Bean Recipes
Pinto beans are spotted beans and belong to the genre of mottled beans. Pinto in Spanish means painted. Known as Frijole Pinto in Mexico and Cowboy Beans in Texas, it is a symbol of regional identity in Mexican ... More »
Pimento Beans With Squash And Thyme
A healthy squash meal today? Listen as Katherine tells you the health benefits of the ingredients in the dish. The recipe for this squash with beans is really simple. Watch and learn how to make this cholesterol fighting meal! - 114.411
Simmered Pinto Beans
crock pot of beans is something nourishing to have during the winters! A ladleful of this on a bed of rice is enough to have this for the night! Watch carry ellis make this nourishing pinto beans! - 92.246
Pinto Beans Part -2 : Making
Check out this part 2 of the series that shows a recipe for pinto beans. The chef here uses seaweed that aids in digestion and traditionally incorporated to reduce gas in the pinto beans. These pinto beans would surely be a delicious and hearty side dish that... - 88.7551
Pinto Beans Part -1 : Preparation
Take a look at this excellent informative video that shares great tips on pinto beans. The chef here shows a perfect method to soak the pinto beans and a simple way to get rid of the gassy factor from the pinto beans. Watch part 2 of the series for the entire... - 81.9645
Chicken And Pinto Beans
Rinse and sort through beans.
In a deep 3 1/2- to 4-quart pan, bring water to a boil over high heat.
Let water return to a boil; then boil, uncovered, for 2 minutes.
Remove pan from heat, cover, and let stand for 1 hour.
Drain and rinse beans,... - 47.8827
These sola cooked beans turn out to be fully firm and amazing in texture! Cooked in the solar cooker definitely yields the results. If you want to know how watch this video! - 47.7649
Ranch Style Pinto Beans
1.In a large saucepan, put beans along with water sufficient to cover beans plus 3 more inches.
2.Let the ingredients boil.
3.Lower the flame and cook for atleast 1 hour until the beans are soft.
4.Once done, strain and keep the cooking liquid... - 46.9816
Pinto Bean Cake
Pinto Bean Cake is an irresistible mouth-watering dessert recipe. An easy to prepare cake recipe, Pinto Bean Cake is a dish that you would surely love to try. - 46.8883
Pinto Bean Stew
1) Drain the pinto beans.
2) Preheat the oven to 375°F.
3) In a non-stick pan, heat oil and sautÃ© the onions, garlic, oregano and chili powder for 3 to 4 minutes.
4) Add the tomatoes to the onion mixture and cook for 5 minutes.
5)... - 46.7794
Pinto Bean Gumbo
1. In a saucepan, combine beans and the water; bring the mixture to boil.
2. Reduce heat; simmer for about 2 minutes; remove from heat; cover and let it stand for 1 hour but do not drain.
3. Add onion, salt pork, the 1/2-teaspoon salt, and the bay leaf... - 46.6527
Pinto Beans And Tofu
1. In a large pot cover the dried beans with water, bring the water to a boil, reduce the heat and simmer the beans until they are tender, approximately 1 1/4 hours.
2. Drain the beans, reserving 1/2 cup of their cooking water and set the beans... - 46.416
Pinto Bean Pie
Finally a Pinto Bean Pie recipe that your palate will fall in love with! I prefer to make Pinto Bean Pie as a Dessert for all my family get-togethers. Stock up on more and more Beans as you will want to make this Pinto Bean Pie time and again. You need to try... - 46.2239
Smoky Barbecued Pinto Beans
1. Combine beans and water and soak overnight or quick-soak.
2. Add enough water to cover beans.
3. Place it over heat, and bring to a boil.
4. Insert bacon, onions, and tomatoes to the beans mixture, and return to a boil.
5. Reduce... - 45.9163
Pinto Bean Bake
1) Cover beans with water and keep aside for 8 hours or a whole night.
2) Preheat oven to 275°F (140°C) before baking.
3) On the following day, drain the beans and keep aside.
4) In a sauce pan, bring beans to a boil after covering... - 45.4225
Pinto Bean Pie
1) Preheat the oven to 350°.
2) Take a medium mixing bowl and mix well sugar and spices in it.
3) Mix in beans, egg, egg yolks, and vanilla to this until smooth.
4) Spoon into pastry shell and bake in the preheated oven for 15... - 44.9371
Pinto Beans With Sage
Wash and pick over the beans.
Cover with six cups water and soak overnight or boil two minutes; remove from the heat, cover and let stand one to two hours.
Cook the bacon or salt pork until brown.
Add pork to beans.
Pour off all but four teaspoons fat from... - 43.2934
Pinto Bean And Sausage Bake
1) Preheat the oven at 350 degrees for 3 minutes.
2) Drain the pinto beans and keep them in a big pan.
3) Pour water into the pan and boil the pinto beans on low heat. Allow them to simmer for 1 hour.
4) Drain the pinto beans and... - 43.1177
Pinto Beans Vinaigrette
Soak the beans overnight in cold water to cover.
Drain the beans and place them in a large saucepan.
Add water to cover to one inch over the top of the beans.
Add the carrot, onion stuck with cloves, half the garlic, salt and pepper.
Bring to a boil and... - 43.0065
Spicy Pinto Beans
1) In a large bowl, soak pinto beans in cold water and keep standing for at least 8 hours or a whole night after covering the bowl with a plate. Else follow the quick- soak method.
2) On the following day, drain the pinto beans and keep... - 42.7087
Pinto Bean Chowder
Rinse the pinto beans in cold water; place in large saucepan or Dutch oven with 6 cups water.
Bring the beans to boiling; simmer 2 minutes.
Remove from heat; let beans stand in water at least 1 hour.
Add chicken-flavored gravy base, onion, salt, fines herbes,... - 42.31
Baked Pinto Beans
Heat 4 cups water and the beans to boiling in 3-quart saucepan.
Boil 2 minutes; remove from heat.
Cover and let stand 1 hour.
Add enough water, if necessary, to cover beans.
Heat to boiling; reduce heat.
Cover and simmer until beans are tender, about 1 1/2... - 42.2271
Pinto Beans Ranch Style
Pick beans over, cover with cold water and let stand overnight.
Next morning, drain and cover with boiling water.
Boil steadily 1 hour.
Pour off water, and re-cover with boiling water so that about 2 inches of water shows above the level of the beans.
Boil... - 40.6144
Southwest Beer And Pinto Beans
1.In a slow cooker, add dried pinto beans, beef broth, sliced pork and steak.
2.Put red chili, onion, garlic, tomato paste, salt, cumin seeds, chili powder and dried marjoram.
3.Cover the cooker and cook the ingredients for 11-12 hrs. on LOW. - 39.8849
Blue Ribbon Pinto Beans
Place beans in large heavy saucepan.
Cover with water and bring to boil.
Return beans to saucepan.
Add enough water to cover by 2 to 3 inches.
Add remaining ingredients except salt.
Bring mixture to boil.
Reduce heat to low and simmer about 3 1/2 hours... - 39.0839
Pinto Beans Stir Fried
1. Cook pinto beans.
2. Prepare vegetables.
3. Combine cornstarch, soy sauce, bouillon granules, and water. Set aside.
4. Heat wok or nonstick pan and add chicken stock, ginger root, black pepper, curry powder, and parsley.
5. Add the celery and onion and... - 38.5937
Pinto Bean And Sweet Corn Chili With Tofu
Spray a large saucepan with non-stick spray and place over medium heat.
Add the onion; cook, stirring, until softened, about 4 minutes.
Add the garlic, chili powder, cumin, and salt; cook, stirring, until fragrant, about 1 more minute.
Stir in the beans,... - 38.5919
Pinto Beans Picante
1. In a 3-quart microwave safe casserole dish put the bacon and microwave at full power for 7 minutes, stirring every 3 minutes.
2. Save 3-4 tablespoons of the bacon fat and throw the rest.
4. Wash the pinto beans, and throw the discoloured ones.
5.... - 37.3285
Place beans in large saucepan.
Cover with water and bring to a boil.
Drain, return beans to pan.
Cover with water by 2 inches.
Add all ingredients except salt.
Boil, reduce heat and simmer until beans are done, about 3-1/2 hours.
Add salt to taste and cook... - 37.2426
Pinto Bean Chili
Soak the pinto beans overnight in cold water to cover.
The next day, dram the beans, cover with 4 quarts of cold water, and bring to a boil.
Lower the heat and cook the beans gently, uncovered, until tender, about 70 to 80 minutes.
In a 3- to... - 36.3981
Glorified Pinto Beans
A good Glorified Pinto Beans recipe is rare to find, you are lucky to have hit the right page. Beans is the most important ingredient in Glorified Pinto Beans. This is the most comforting Side Dish recipe I have come across. Spread the taste by sharing this... - 35.5713
1. Soak beans in water overnight. Do not drain.
2. Cook beans in water about 60 minutes or until tender.
3. Add remaining ingredients.
4. Simmer 2-3 hours, stirring occasionally. - 34.7415
Pinto Bean Pie
Cream oleo and sugar, then add other ingredients, mixing well.
Pour into 3 unbaked pie shells (not deep dish).
Bake at 300 degrees for 45-55 minutes. - 34.4829
In 3-qt casserole place beans, water, ham hock and onion.
Microwave at High (10) 30 Minutes, stirring after 1/2 time.
Microwave at Medium (5) 1 Hour 40 Minutes to 1 Hour 50 Minutes, until tender.
For "Let's Eat" Bean Soup: Remove ham hock.
Cut meat... - 33.7428
Rigatoni-vegetable Salad With Pinto Beans
1. Combine cooked rigatoni, pinto beans, scallions, peas, corn, tomatoes, and cucumber.
2. Combine yogurt, mayonnaise, tarragon, and black pepper.
3. Toss dressing with rigatoni and vegetables. - 33.4538
Pizza Pinto Beans
Cook the beans in 1 quart water until barely tender, about 1 hour.
Drain, and place in casserole.
In a frying pan, cook the hamburger with the onions until the onions are clear and drain the fat.
Add the meat and onion mixture to the casserole along with the... - 33.3504
Pinto Bean Spread
1. In a bowl, mash the beans with the back of a wooden spoon and mix together with all the other ingredients; chill for a while
2. Spread on sadwiches or fill inside celery stalks to serve - 32.1805
Sweet-hot Pinto Beans
Sort and wash beans, place in a large Dutch oven.
Cover with water 2 inches above beans, let soak overnight.
Add chiles, bacon, salt, and enough additional water to cover beans.
Bring to a boil; cover, reduce heat, and simmer 1/2 hours.
Add remaining... - 31.2929
Barbecued Pinto Beans
Sort and wash beans; place in a large dutch oven.
Cover with water 2 inches above beans; let soak at least 8 hours.
Drain beans well.
Combine beans, bacon, and salt in Dutch oven.
Cover with water 3 inches above beans; bring to a boil.
Cover, reduce heat, and... - 30.9206
Bbq Cowboy Pinto Beans
1. In a 3 1/2-quart electric slow cooker, mix together the beans, hot water, onions, and chili powder.
2. Cover and cook on the low heat setting about 7 hours, or until the beans are tender but not falling apart.
3. Drain off all the cooking liquid. Stir in... - 29.856
1. Soak pinto beans overnight in water to cover; drain.
2. Combine beans, water, onion, garlic, chili powder, salt and pork hocks or salt pork in large kettle.
3. Bring to boiling; lower the heat; simmer over low heat 2 1/2 hours, or until beans are very... - 27.8922
Spicy Pinto Beans With Olives
1. Cook garlic in oil in a medium saucepan over medium heat for 1 minute. Add beans, salsa and cumin; cook for 3 minutes, or until heated through.
2. Drain olives; cut crosswise in halves and stir into bean mixture. Simmer for 2 minutes, or until heated... - 26.7085
In a 5-quart casserole dish, cover beans with water and soak overnight.
Add additional 5 cups water, fat-back and salt.
MICROWAVE 15 MINUTES on HIGH, then 180 MINUTES on '5' (two 90 MINUTE periods). - 24.1802
Pinto Bean Recipes By Category