- » Pilaf
Pilaf is a rice dish containing rice cooked in seasoned broth. It is cooked in different kinds of meats and vegetables, with variants differing across locations. It is also known by the names of polo, polao, pilau, ... More »
Brown Rice And Wild Rice Pilaf
I love the versatility of rice and I love my rice recipes! This weeks video is a tasty and crunchy brown rice and wild rice pilaf with mushrooms, onions, garlic and pepita's! This is an earthy tasting pilaf and makes a good accompaniment to any dish. - 124.36
Cashew And Cranberry Wild Rice Pilaf
If you are trying to eat healthy, low fat, whole grain foods, this is one recipe that must be on your “healthiest rice recipe" repertoire after being on your "tastiest rice recipe" list! Wild rice marries with cashews and dried cranberries in an updated... - 123.92
How about preparing Chicken pulao with a few simple spices? Well, this recipe would come in handy when you don’t have all special ingredients for preparing a special dish. There is hardly any chopping or unique spices, a few assorted whole spices would be... - 123.208
1. In a bowl, put the shrimp and add turmeric, chilli powder, asafoetida, garlic, salt and lemon juice. Mix with a spoon to coat all the shrimp well with the spices.
2. Cover the bowl and let it marinate for 1 hour.
3. In a large pot,... - 122.864
Quinoa Pilaf With Almonds
High protein main dish, Quinoa pilaf is simple dish to make in every kitchen,for recipe visit, www.massala.com - 118.047
Italian Rice Pilaf
A rice is something that goes well with meat gravies or curries. This Italian version of the rice is tender and aromatic and easy to make. Chef David does a good job of making this simple dish! See the video for more! - 106.138
Chicken And Rice Casserole
1. Preheat the oven at 350 degrees F.
2. Grease the casserole with cooking spray.
3. In greased casserole spread rice, top with chicken, carrot, red onion and celery.
4. In chicken broth add in garlic, Italian seasoning, salt and... - 105.327
Rice lover, you have to try this Rice pilaf! This Spanish recipe usually is made with meat and vegetables along with rice. It is a main course dish or sometimes the only dish which can be served with salad or even yoghurt. - 104.168
1) In a saucepan, melt the butter and cook the onions gently till tender.
2) Add the stock and bring to a boil, stirring with a fork.
3) Add the rice, cover and simmer gently for about 25 minutes, till the rice is soft and the water has been... - 102.82
If you want to serve a nice and delicious rice dish which can also be cooked without any hassles, peas pulao is the answer for you. Your favorite chef in the video, is making peas pulao with assorted garam masala whole spices, jeera and bay leaf. Not everyone... - 101.446
Protein Rich Shrimp Pilaf
There is everything to love about this Shrimp Pilaf recipe from Chef Binks. It has healthy proteins, fat, carbs and fibre in it. People who like rice based dishes would thoroughly enjoy this one. The method is broken down so well in this video and you will... - 96.5367
Mexican Rice Pilaf
Won't you like to try some Mexican style rice pilaf? Here is an impressive video that shows how some delicious rice pilaf can be made in just a few minutes. Simply blend in a few flavors, stir in fresh vegetables and here your pilaf is ready to serve and... - 95.0846
Barley Pilaf With Thyme And Mushroom
For casserole lovers, this barley pilaf with thyme and mushroom recipe is a great dish to have as it tastes wonderful with its rustic ingredients and the aromatic herb. Its not difficult to put together and is ultimately healthy for you. Take a look at this... - 90.1922
Easy Rice Pilaf
Watch Skinny And Mini teach you how to make rice pilaf. This is not made by cutting open a bag. It's a homemade pilaf recipe made from scratch. Naturally tasty and nutritious, this pilaf is a hearty foundation for any meal. It goes perfectly with lamb,... - 85.8388
Vegan Pilaf With Tomato And Bulgar
Have you tried any pilaf recipes from the Mediterranean cuisine? There is a vast range of recipe hidden in the cuisine. So if you wish to learn one such recipe, here is a nice video showing to make tomato bulgar pilaf. Watch the video for the recipe. - 85.071
Lentil And Dumpling Pilaf
Indulge in exquisite flavors with this Lentil and Dumpling Pilaf. It is flavored with pomegranate molasses and cilantro. This is a unique combination! So, if you would like to try Mediterranean, give this recipe a shot! - 80.1188
Baked Chicken Pilaf
Want to cook a dish for someone special? Try making this Baked Chicken Pilaf. The preparation of this dish just takes a few minutes but this dish needs to be baked for two to two and a half hours. You can even prepare this dish in advance and just preheat in... - 74.1596
Instant Rice Pilaf And Bhel Puri
If you are a sucker for instant meals, then you are simply gonna love these recipes. Chef Bhal Dave presents two instant, easy to make food that will satisfy your growling tummy easily. Healthy, tasty, and easy-to-make, you can pull off instant rice pilaf or... - 63.707
Solar Cooked Rice Pilaf
A celebrated dish is the rice pilaf cooked not in the conventional way, but in the solar cooker! Easy to make and easy to whip up! A video guide for those wanting a recipe to cook with, using a solar cooker! See the video for more! - 50.3633
Place water in 4-cup measure.
Microwave at High for 4 to 9 minutes, or until water boils.
Place bulgur in medium mixing bowl.
Add boiling water.
Cover and let stand for 30 minutes to soften.
Drain and press out excess moisture.
In 2-quart... - 50.304
Curried Tuna Pilaf
How about one awesome recipe suggestion to attempt today? This Curried Tuna Pilaf is too good to be passed up, so make a special note of this recipe. I prepare this yummy dish as a main dish at several lunch parties. Treat your family to this and watch them... - 49.9046
Barley Rice Pilaf
1. In a large stock pot or heavy bottomed saucepan, combine the rice, barley and sesame seeds and dry roast for 5 minutes, sautéing continuously till well toasted.
2. When the grains are toasted, pour in the water or stock and bring to a boil.
3.... - 49.8483
Place rice in a casserole.
Add 2 cups of water.
Cover with plastic wrap.
Cook, covered, 9 to 11 minutes.
Mix and cook 2 additional minutes.
Cover with a cloth and let stand to complete cooking.
Spread plastic wrap in a small container.
Break in the eggs, and... - 49.2527
Basmati Rice Pilaf
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
In a large bowl, cover the rice with cold water and stir with your fingers until the water becomes cloudy.
Carefully pour off the water, reserving the rice.
Repeat 2 or 3 times, until the water is almost clear.
Cover with... - 49.1207
Apricot Dijon Glazed Turkey With Herbed Pilaf
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F.
2. In a medium saucepan, bring water to a boil.
3. Stir in the bouillon.
4. Take off heat and set pan aside.
5. In a small saucepan, combine jam and Dijon mustard, gently heat to melt the jam. Set aside for... - 48.8834
Chicken With Rice Pilaf
1. Mix together celery, green pepper and oil.
2. Cook covered at 100% for 2 to 3 minutes until vegetables are tender.
3.Add in rice, hot chicken stock, seasoning and chicken.
4.Cook covered at 100% for 5 minutes.
5.Reduce power level to 70% and let... - 48.8603
1) Skin onions and garlic and finely chop them.
2) Trim mushrooms and finely slice.
3) Preheat oven to 350°F.
4) Skin, seed, and roughly chop the tomatoes.
5) In a large flameproof casserole melt butter and sauté onion and garlic till... - 48.4704
Oriental Chicken Pilaf
Does the chef next-door amaze you with his masterpiece Chicken recipe? Try out this Oriental Chicken Pilaff - one of the most unusual way of serving leftover chicken. Follow this quick and simple homemade recipe for Oriental Chicken Pilaff . - 48.1698
Herbed Lemon Pilaf With Almonds
Heat the olive oil in a saucepan.
Add the onions and garlic, and saute on medium heat for 5 or 6 minutes.
Stir in the turmeric, lemon juice, and soy sauce.
Lower the heat and add the chopped basil, thyme, and parsley.
Add the rice and mix it well with the... - 47.807
Yellow Rice Pilaf
1) Attach a metal blade to the work bowl and then pulse onion on/off until chopped medium-fine, after cutting it into 1-inch pieces.
2) In a frying pan or dutch oven with a tight-fitting lid, over medium heat, heat oil and then sautÃ©... - 47.7189
Rice Pine Nuts And Cheese Pilaf
1. Take a 4-quart saucepan and melt margarine in it.
2. Now add onion, mushrooms, celery in hot oil and start sauting these ingredients for 3-4 minutes, or unless the texture of onion becomes soft and transparent. Continue sauting with medium high... - 47.376
Mushroom Rice Pilaf
1) In your food processor, use the metal blade to cut onion into 1-inch pieces in the work bowl. Pulse on/off until finely chopped.
2) Transfer the onions in a separate container.
3) In the work bowl, add celery to process into 1-inch lengths.... - 47.3261
Heat the oil in a saucepan; saute the onions 5 minutes.
Stir In the rice until coated.
Add the water, 1 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper.
Cover and cook over low heat 20 minutes or until tender and dry.
While the rice is cooking, prepare the fish.
Melt... - 47.2716
1) In a bowl, pour boiling water to plunge the tomatoes for 1 minute. Immediately peel off the skin and dice the tomatoes by removing the seeds.
2) Preheat oven to 350°F.
3) In a medium-sized ovenproof casserole, add onion to sauté in... - 47.2494
Nutted Lemon Barley Pilaf
1. ln a large heavy bottomed saucepan, heat the oil over moderate heat.
2. Add the onions and celery and saute, for 5 to 7 minutes until soft and golden.
3. Tip in the barley and sauté for a few minutes until well coated with the oil and slightly... - 47.147
Fragrant Vegetable Pilaf
1) Thoroughly wash cauliflower under running water and pat dry. Trim the stalks and cut florets into uniform 2 inch pieces.
2) Peel carrot and cut crosswise into 1/4 inch thick slices. Also, peel onion and chop it finely.
3) Shell the peas to... - 47.0579
Spinach Parcels With Fish Pilaf
Drop the spinach leaves into boiling water, a few at a time, and blanch for about 1 minute-just long enough to make them pliable for rolling.
Remove them with a slotted spoon or chopsticks and transfer to cold water.
Drain them, then lay them out flat.
In a... - 46.9187
Lentil Wheat Pilaf
1. In a saucepan add lentils, water, and salt.
2. Cover and boil the mixture.
3. Simmer for 20 minutes and reserve.
4. In a 10-inch frying pan heat oil over medium heat.
5. Add onion, mushrooms, and wheat and saute for 5 minutes.
6. Add lentils and... - 46.8848
Fruit And Vegetable Rice Pilaf
1) In a pot, add raisins and water.
2) Place a lid over and cook over medium heat for 5 minutes, till the raisins soften.
3) Drain and keep aside.
4) In a saucepan, add in the next 6 ingredients and mix.
5) Place a lid and allow to boil.
6) Lower the... - 46.8648
First cook the Basmati rice by the absorption method, using a good chicken stock and 60 g/ 2 oz butter.
Stir the seedless raisins into some butter.
Add the apricots and just cover with water or orange juice.
Simmer gently — don't let them get at all... - 46.8537
Barley Pilaf With Grilled Apples
1. To make the pilaf: In a saucepan, sautÃ© the barley, oil, vanilla, cinnamon, nutmeg, and cardamom for about 2 minutes or until fragrance comes out.
2. Add the apple juice and water and bring it to boil.
3. Reduce the heat, cover, and simmer for... - 46.6865
Low Fat Barley Pilaf
1) In a medium saucepan, over high heat, allow broth and 6 ounces of water to come to a boil.
2) Stir in barley and then lower heat so that barley bubbles gently.
3) Simmer the mixture for 45 minutes until barley becomes soft and absorbs liquid.
4) In... - 46.6585
Cold Roast Duck With Rice Pilaf
1. Remove the giblets from duckling cavity, wash and reserve to make stock.
2. Wipe the bird clean and season with salt.
3. With a fork prick all over to help render the fat.
4. Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C or Gas No. 4)
5. In the... - 46.595
Piquant Chicken Pilaf
1) Heat water in a large saucepan and add the chicken.
2) To it add carrots, onions, bay leaf, parsley and thyme sprigs, salt and pepper and boil in simmering heat for 1 hour.
3) Strain out the chicken and let it cool.
4) Reserve 1/2 (1 pint) or 2 1/2... - 46.5224
Microwave Lamb Pilaf
Combine chicken broth, 3 tablespoons butter, lemon juice, salt and bay leaf in medium sauce pan.
Bring to boil on conventional range.
Cook 18 to 20 minutes, or until rice is tender and all liquid absorbed.
Remove bay... - 46.5031
1 Preheat the oven to 400 degrees farenheit.
2 In a heavy casserole, melt half the butter.
3 Add onion and saute for 1 minute.
4 Add in the rice cook over medium heat for another 1 minute.
5 Slowly pour in the wine and stock.... - 46.4894
Peas And Rice Pilaf
Wash rice and soak for 30 minutes in water to cover.
Melt butter in a saucepan.
Tie cardamom pods, peppercorns, and cloves in a cloth bag, and add.
Saute spices until butter begins to brown.
Add drained rice.
Stir and cook until rice is... - 46.4848
1. In a large pan heat the oil.
2. Add the onion and saute for 5 minutes until soft and creamy.
3. Add the aubergine saute with onions for another 5 minutes, adding the garlic and curry paste in the last 1 minute or so.
4. Stir in the sweet potato,... - 46.202
Kibbled Wheat Pilaf
1) In a bowl, add kibble wheat, and pour warm water to cover 2-inches. Let it soak for about 30 minutes. Drain and set aside.
2) In a microwavable dish, add the pine nuts and microwave uncovered for 3 minutes, giving a stir in... - 46.1502
Mushroom And Turkey Pilaf
1. Boil 3 cups of water.
2. Add salt, saffron and rice.
3. Simmer for 18 minutes, keeping the pan covered till the whole water is absorbed and rice is cooked.
4. Press the cooked rice in a ring mould, well oiled.
5. In the oil fry turkey till it turns... - 46.0759
Eggplant Stuffed With Pilaf And Raisins
1. Slice off stem end of eggplant about 1 inch from the top, and reserve crown as a lid.
2. Use a sharp knife, to scoop out the flesh from the center, leaving ½ inch from the edges
3. Sprinkle and rub salt in the cavity.
4. Roughly mince the... - 46.0173
Two Rice Pilaf
1. Place the rice in a sieve and rinse well under cold running water, gently stir to rinse all the grains. Set the sieve over a bowl and allow to drain well.
2. In a heavy skillet, add bacon and cook and remove onto a plate and set... - 45.9987
Put the rice in a bowl and wash it in several changes of cold water.
Cover it with plenty of fresh water and let it soak for 30 minutes.
Meanwhile, combine the ginger, chiles, chili powder, turmeric, coriander, garlic, and lemon juice to make a paste;... - 45.8672
Hearty Bulgur Pilaf
The Hearty Bulgur Pilaf is simply yummy. It will fit into any dinner spread and will be loved by all. Trust me, you really need to try the Hearty Bulgur Pilaf! - 45.7295
Gourmet Lamb Pilaf
1) Heat oven hot to 350Â°c.
2) In a medium-size frying pan brown lamb cubes, a third at a time.
3) Mound mixture into a 6-cup baking dish.
4) Add coriander, cumin seeds, and pepper.
5) In frying pan, heat drippings and sautÃ© onion... - 45.7148
1. In a frypan, heat a tablespoon of butter.
2. When the butter melts, add rice and saute.
3. Put water in the pan.
4. Add a cup of white wine into the pan.
6. Cover the pan and let it simmer for 15-20 minutes.
7. Take another frypan.
8. Heat 3... - 45.6969
Carrot And Coriander Pilaf Salad
1) Rinse and pat dry carrots. Cut them coarsely and keep aside.
2) Wash and pat dry 4 large romaine leaves and put them in a plastic bag. Place in the refrigerator, till required. Reserve the remaining leaves.
3) Take a heavy gauge... - 45.6865
Oriental Chicken Pilaf
In heavy skillet or saucepan, melt butter; cook onion, stirring, until softened.
Add oregano, and salt and pepper to taste.
Add rice, stirring until thoroughly coated.
Cook over medium heat for 2 minutes, then gradually pour in stock.
Bring to boil; cover,... - 45.6672
Mushroom Rice Pilaf
1 Preheat the oven to 375F.
2 In a 1 1/2-quart flameproof casserole, melt butter.
3 Add in rice and saute, stirring, until lightly browned for about 10 minutes.
4 Add in the bouillon cubes, salt, pepper, thyme, mushrooms and... - 45.6344
Herb Steamed Mussels With Rice Pilaf
1) In a large skillet, heat the oil and sautÃ© the onions and garlic, for 5 minutes.
2) Add the rice, salt and oregano stir for 3 minutes.
3) Add the stock and bring to a boil.
4) Simmer for 20 minutes.
5) Add the mussels and carrots.
6) Loosely... - 45.4677
Clam Pilaf Casserole
1) Preheat the oven to 350°F.
2) In a large heavy skillet, saute the rice in the oil over a medium heat, stirring, until rice is thoroughly browned.
3) In a 2- to 2 1/2- quart casserole, remove the sauted rice and keep aside.
4) In... - 45.4276
1 Wash the rice throughly , add water just enough to cover the rice and bring to a boil, drain well.
2 Wash the chicken throughly and dry.
3 Remove any visible fat.
4 In a casserole or Dutch oven, heat the oil and brown the... - 45.2914
Armenian Lamb With Pilaff
1. Preheat the oven to (160°C/325°F or Gas Mark 3).
2. In a pan, heat the oil and fry the onions gently for 5 minutes until soft.
3. Add the lamb and fry briskly until browned on all sides.
4. Stir in the stock and tomato puree (paste)... - 45.2733
1.In a kettle, cook water with chicken broth or bouillion cubes until boiling.
2.Add rice and cook for 20 more minutes after covering.
3.Take a large shallow pan; transfer the rice to it using a spoon; let the rice settle at room... - 45.248
1.Rinse fresh mushrooms and cut them in small pieces.
2.Take a large frying pan, heat 2 tablespoons of olive or vegetable oil in it and cook the mushrooms.
3.Once done, take them out using a slotted spoon and keep aside.
4.Put rice and 4... - 45.1961
Vegetable And Nut Pilaf
1) Arrange the ingredients.
2) In a cooker, heat the oil and saute the vegetables for few minutes but avoid coloring.
3) Stir in rice and cook until rice absob the oil.
4) Add stock or water and stock cube and season well with salt and... - 45.1482
Wild Rice And Apple Cider Pilaf
1) In a large nonreactive saucepan, pour in cider and 1 1/2 cups of water.
2) Place over high heat and bring the liquid to a boil.
3) Lower the heat to moderately low and add the wild rice.
4) Simmer for 30 to 40 minutes, covered, until the rice is... - 45.049
Toasted Grain Pilaf
1. In a large saucepan placed in low heat, add the grains and stirring constantly, toss for just 1 minute or until they turn light brown.
2. Blend in curry powder, stir, take off from heat and allow to cool for 5 minutes.
3. Add the stock to the... - 45.0113
Curried Lamb With Golden Pilaf
1) In a medium saucepan, boil the lamb pieces in water, then simmer covered on a low heat for 30 minutes.
2) In a 2-cup measure, strain the broth (1 1/2 cups) and reserve.
3) In a large skillet, cover and brown batches of lamb pieces in oil , then ... - 44.8029
Spiced Potato Pilaf
1) In a large heavy saucepan, pour in oil and warm over moderate heat.
2) SautÃ© the onion, until it just begins to brown.
3) Add the potato, turmeric, garam masala and cayenne. Cook, stirring, for 2 minutes.
4) Stir in the rice and season with... - 44.7982
1) Wash the rice with cold water, continuously change water and wash till water is clear .
2) Then cover it with lot more cold water and allow it to soak for about half an hour.
3) Allow rice to drain through a colander for half an... - 44.7855
If you are looking for an extraordinary seafood dish to cook then this Lobster Pilaf is the right pick for you. Check out this relatively simple recipe for Lobster Pilaf and enjoy it with any meal of the day! - 44.6972
Wedding Pilaf (kouzou Ichi)
In a heavy skillet, fry the steak and liver in two tablespoons of the butter, until browned.
Add one and a half cups water.
Over high heat bring to a boil.
Reduce heat to low and simmer until all the liquid is absorbed, about thirty minutes.
Meanwhile, in a... - 44.6547
Green Rice Pilaf
Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
Add the rice; cook for 2 minutes or until rice is opaque, stirring constantly.
Add the white onion; cook for 1 minute, stirring constantly.
Add the chiles, green onions,... - 44.5293
Shish Kabob With Rice Pilaf
Combine vinegar, wine, oil, garlic, pickling spice and rosemary; mix well.
Cut lamb in 1 1/2-inch cubes; place in bowl.
Pour vinegar mixture over lamb; mari- nate in refrigerator for several hours or overnight.
Drain lamb; reserve marinade.
Cut green pepper... - 44.5276
From Roast Duckling Duck Pilaf
1.Take offthe duckling skin; pull the meat and cut in small pieces to make it equal to 3 cups.
3.Preheat teh oven to 350 degrees.
4.In a large frying pan, heat vegetable oil and cook rice by stirring until golden.
5.Once... - 44.5217
1) Preheat oven to temperature of 355 degrees.
2) In a frying pan, melt 1 ounce of butter and gently fry the onion till it is soft. This usually takes about 5 minutes. Add the rice and continue to fry for some more minutes.
3) Into a 1... - 44.5206
Rice Pilaf With Spinach And Cannellini
1. In a large skillet warm olive oil.
2. Add garlic and onion. Saute for 7 minutes till these turn golden.
3. Reduce the heat. Stir in rice and cook for 3 minutes.
4. Add water and boil. When boiled, cover the skillet and simmer for 45 minutes. Let the... - 44.4811
Warm milk; add saffron 30 minutes before cooking.
Melt butter in a saucepan.
Add cinnamon, cloves, garlic salt (if desired), and onion.
When onion is tender and pink in color, add peas and rice.
Add curry powder and stir.
Add milk and saffron, then water and... - 44.4685
Wild Mushroom And Scallion Pilaf
1) In a medium bowl, place the dried mushrooms. Pour in boiling water to soak the mushroom until tender, about 30 minutes.
2) Preheat the oven to 375°.
3) In a medium skillet, add butter and oil. Place over moderately high heat.
4)... - 44.3708
In heavy skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat and brown lamb cubes; remove with slotted spoon.
In same skillet, cook onions and garlic until softened.
Add bulgur and cook, stirring, until golden, about 2 minutes.
Remove from heat and add stock, wine,... - 44.3334
1. Cut the cooked lamb into neat squares.
2. On a chopping board, chop garlic and onion.
3. In a large saucepan, melt butter or margarine.
4. Add lamb, rice, onion, celery, green pepper and garlic.
5. Let it cook until the rice turns... - 44.3194
Unwrap beans and place on plate.
Microwave at High for 4 to 5 minutes, or until defrosted.
In 2-quart casserole, combine butter, olive oil, potatoes, onion, parsley, salt, thyme and pepper.
Microwave at High for 6 to 8 minutes, or... - 44.3051
Saffroned Millet Pilaf With Roasted Red Peppers
1) In a gas flame or under the broiler, roast the red peppers, by frequent turning, until the skins are well charred all over.
2) In a bowl, place the peppers and cover with plastic wrap. Place aside to steam for 15 minutes.
3) Peel off the... - 44.3007
1. In a wok, heat oil.
2. Once hot, add garlic and lamb. Mix well and sautÃ© till evenly browned from all sides.
3. Add pepper, onions, bay leaf, cinnamon and rice and mix well. SautÃ© on a medium flame till the grains just start to change... - 44.207
Corn And Carrot Pilaf
1. In a large pan, heat oil, add onions and cook till soft, not browned; add aubergine and cook for five minutes
2. Add garlic and curry paste, sweet potato, carrot, beans and rice with about 700 ml water and coconut milk
3. Allow to boil, cover and... - 44.1837
1. In a wok, heat oil.
2. Once hot, add garlic, cinnamon, bayleaf, cloves and onions. Mix well and sautÃ© till onions turn translucent.
3. Add rice and mix well. SautÃ© on a medium flame till the grains just start to change colour.
4. Add apricots,... - 44.1709
Barley Rice Pilaf
In 2-quart casserole, combine all ingredients.
Microwave at High for 5 minutes.
Reduce power to 50% (Medium).
Microwave for 35 to 45 minutes longer, or until liquid is absorbed and rice is tender.
Let stand, covered, for 5 minutes. - 44.1462
One Pot Chicken Pilaf
1) In a frying pan, saute the onion in oil for 5 to 6 minutes until softened.
2) Stir in the chicken pieces, saute for another few minutes , until lightly browned.
3) Then stir in the curry paste and rice, saute for another 1 minute.
4) Pour in the... - 44.1374
Mushroom Rice Pilaf
1. Preheat an oven to 187.5 (375F).
2. In a sauce pan, place water for boiling.
3. In an oven proof casserole pot, add butter.
4. Once melted, add rice and mix well.
5. SautÃ© on a medium flame for 10 minutes, while stirring... - 44.133
Turkish Lamb Pilaf
The turkish lamb pilaff is a preparation of lamb cooked with rice. Made flavorful and filling with onions, raisins and almonds, the turkish lamb pliaff is cooked with the flavors of cinnamon and seasoned with salt and pepper. - 44.101
Green Pea Pilaf
1) In a large saucepan, heat oil over moderate-low heat.
2) After the oil gets heated, add 2 of the chopped onions, cinnamon sticks, ginger, chili powder, turmeric, and cumin seeds and cook for about 10 minutes.
3) Gradually, add 5 cups water and allow... - 44.0856
1. Melt 2 tablespoon of the butter or margarine in a large skillet.
2. Add rice and sautÃ© until lightly coloured.
3. Season with salt and pepper and add the saffron
4. Pour in the consommÃ© and water.
5. Bring to a boil, stirring to prevent rice... - 44.0845
Mixed Rice Pilaf
1. Pre heat an oven at 190 C (380 F).
2. In a large sized bowl, combine both varieties of rice, salt, pepper and olive oil. Mix well and transfer mixture on to an oven proof dish.
3. Cover with butter paper and lid and refrigerate (if... - 44.0703
Chopped Meat Pilaf
1) In a large saucepan, heat oil over moderate-low heat.
2) When hot, add the onions, cinnamon, ginger, chili powder, and turmeric and cook until the onions brown, mixing once in a while.
3) Into the pan, add the meat and cook, stirring many a times... - 44.0625
Make a court bouillon with 1 lb. fish heads and trimmings, 1 1/4 pints dry white wine, 1 1/4 pints water, 1 onion peeled and quartered, 1 bay leaf, 1 sprig thyme, 2 sprigs parsley, 1 clove garlic, 1 celery stalk, 1/2 tablespoon coarse salt and 6... - 44.0054
Fruited Pilaf Stuffing
Melt margarine in a large, heavy skillet.
Saute onion, green pepper, and celery until soft.
Add rice and saute 5 minutes more.
Add salt and 2 3/4 cups of chicken broth.
Cover and simmer until rice is tender (35 to 40 minutes); most of the liquid will be... - 43.9427
Bulgur Pilaf With Currants And Pine Nuts
1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
2. Place pine nuts on a baking tray and toast them in the oven, stirring frequently until golden. Remove and set aside.
3. In a 3-quart casserole or Dutch oven heat the oil over moderate heat.
4. Add the onion... - 43.9082
1. Preheat oven to 350F.
2. In 1/4 cup hot butter in skillet, cook onion over medium heat until golden.
3. Add mushrooms and green pepper and cook until tender.
4. Remove vegetables and set aside.
5. In same skillet, heat remaining... - 43.8935
Drain off excess fat.
Add celery, onion, and green pepper; cook till tender but not brown.
Stir in pimiento, soup, milk, rice, and seasonings.
Pour into an ungreased 1 1/2-quart casserole.
Bake, covered, in moderate oven (350°) 50 minutes,... - 43.8284
Pilaf Recipes By Category