- » Pickled Prune
Pickled Prune Recipes
Enjoy our collection of pickled prune recipes submitted, reviewed and rated by ifood.tv community. Meet people who are looking for pickled prune recipes.
1) Cover prunes with brown vinegar, cloves and ginger and leave aside for a whole night.
2) On the following day, collect the drained liquor in a bowl.
3) Take a pan and cover and cook the prunes in it until soft.
4) Allow 1/2 pint... - 38.0523
Pickled Dried Prunes
Partially cook prunes as directed on pack age; reserve juice.
Remove pits; insert a walnut half.
Press cut edges together.
Com bine vinegar, 1/3 cup prune juice and sugar.
Boil for 5 minutes.
Add cinnamon, cloves and prunes.
Simmer until prunes are... - 31.5208
These are delicious with roast pork or turkey. Prick the skins of the prunes with a pin. Dissolve the sugar in the vinegar in a saucepan, and then add the flavoring ingredients. Add the prunes and boil gently for about 15 minutes.
Pack the prunes into hot... - 20.7123
Cook prunes in water until boiling; reduce heat and simmer for 10 minutes.
Add sugar, vinegar, cloves, mustard seed and cinnamon; cook for 5 minutes or until prunes are tender. - 19.7608
You May Also Like!
Sweet Pickled Prunes
1. In a large mixing bowl or basin, combine the prunes with sugar, vinegar, water and cinnamon.
2. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and leave to marinate overnight.
3. Sterilize 2 preserve jars with tight fitting lids, by heating in the oven or... - 36.9456
Pickled Idaho Prune Plums
Wash plums and prick each with fork.
Combine vinegar and sugar in kettle and add spices, tied loosely in cheesecloth bag.
Cook, covered, for 10 minutes.
Reduce heat, add plums, and simmer gently for 10 minutes longer.
Remove spice bag.
Pack in hot sterilized... - 27.2608
1) In a piece of cheesecloth, place the spices and tie the edges to make a bundle.
2) In a saucepan, mix together plums, apples, onion, ginger cayenne, spice bundle, salt and vinegar.
3) Simmer the mixture for 2 1/2 to 3 hours or until... - 41.152
Spiced Pickled Fruits
Soak prunes in cold water several hours, and drain; pick over cherries, and wash.
Combine next 3 ingredients in large kettle; tie spices in cheesecloth bag, and add.
Bring to boil, and simmer 5 minutes.
Add all fruit to kettle; simmer gently 15... - 38.0354
Oriental Cream Cheese
1) In a bowl, add sultanas in 4 tablespoons water,
2) Over low heat, prepare juice to make them juicy.
3) Slice and chop bananas with juice of 1/2 lemon in a basin.
4) Blend the mixture of cheese, cream and curry powder. Mix in sultanas and banana... - 41.6945
1. The flavour of anchovies can be strong for some palettes. To subdue the flavor, drain from the can and soak them in milk for about half an hour.
2. Grease an 8 inch pie dish with oil or butter and dust lightly with flour.
3. Preheat the oven... - 44.6764
Place 2 slices of pork overlapping on each piece of bread.
Place a piece of lettuce in one corner and fill it with red cabbage.
Place an orange twist in the other corner with a prune. - 23.6535
Fruited Pot Roast
Brown beef on all sides in 4-quart Dutch oven over high heat.
Season with salt, pepper and sugar.
Add cider and onion slices.
Tie pickling spices in a cheesecloth bag and place in liquid in Dutch oven.
Cover and simmer meat 3-3 1/2 hours over low heat or... - 36.5226
Cheese Tray Threesome
Blend the cheeses and milk thoroughly.
Divide mixture into thirds.
Add horseradish and Worcestershire to first part.
Shape into a 1-inch roll and coat with seeds.
Add prunes to second part.
Shape into a 1-inch loaf and coat with chopped nuts.
Add pickle... - 38.5577
Venison With Cognac And Garlic Sauce
Cut the fillet into 4 even-sized pieces, and trim off all the fat and membrane.
Mix the wine and Cognac in whatever proportions suit you and add the garlic, orange rind and juniper berries.
Spoon it over the meat and leave at room temperature for a few hours,... - 45.2892