- » Pickled Pig
Pickled Pig Recipes
Enjoy our collection of pickled pig recipes submitted, reviewed and rated by ifood.tv community. Meet people who are looking for pickled pig recipes.
Pickled Pigs Feet
Clean pigs' feet thoroughly.
Leave whole or split into halves.
Combine with remaining ingredients in kettle, bring to boil and simmer, covered, until tender.
Cool. - 32.5897
Pickled Pigs Feet
1.Start by cleaning the feet carefully
2.In a pot, place the feet and cover with hot water
3.Simmer the feet until the meat separates from the bones
4.Remove carefully with skimmer
5.In a stone jar, place the feet, make sure to remove... - 42.4917
Spicy Pickled Pigs Feet
Have butcher split pigs' feet.
Wash thoroughly and put in kettle.
Add cold water and vinegar; bring to boil and skim.
Add remaining ingredients and cover.
Simmer gently for 2 1/2 to 3 hours, or until meat is tender.
Cool in liquid.
Drain and chill. - 32.897
Boiled Pigs Feet
Scrape feet, wash thoroughly and tie each separately in a piece of cheesecloth.
Cover with boiling water and add salt.
Heat to boiling, reduce heat and simmer 6 hours.
Cool in the water.
When cold, drain, but do not remove cloth.
Use for broiling,... - 21.9381
Pig's Face With Peas
Buy a piece of pig's head which has been pickled in brine, get the butcher to bone it for you.
Then soak both meat and bones in cold waterÃ¢â‚¬â€which must be changed several timesÃ¢â‚¬â€for 2 hours or more.
Boil the cut-up meat and the... - 27.0453
Pig's Knuckles And Sauerkraut
1) On the bottom of a large kettle, place half of the sauerkraut in a layer.
2) Add the knuckles, along with the pepper, onion and caraway seeds.
3) In another layer, add the remaining sauerkraut.
4) Over the layers, pour the broth, beer or white wine.... - 38.2474
Baked Corned Pig 's Feet
To make the pickling solution, add the salt and sugar to the water and bring the water to a boil.
Pour the brine into a large crock and let the brine cool completely.
Add the pig's feet, cover them with a plate and weight the plate with a water-filled... - 42.6992
Put all ingredients into a large saucepan, bring to the boil, then simmer for about 2-2 1/2 hours.
They can be eaten warm from the pot, or cold, when they will be a thick jelly.
A modern refinement is to take the meat from the bones, after splitting the foot... - 28.8778
Wash the head thoroughly making sure the ear and nostril are well scrubbed.
Soak in fresh water for about 1 hour.
Cut off the ear and scald it, then scrape off any hair and wash well again.
Tie the brains and tongue in a piece of muslin.
Put the head with the... - 40.4365
Scrape and clean pigs' feet.
Add boiling water to cover.
Cook until pigs' feet are tender, for about 4 hours.
Remove meat from bones, and cube.
Reserve 3 cups broth.
Add vinegar, salt, pepper, and spices to broth.
Simmer for 30 minutes.
Put meat and chopped... - 41.7385
Put the pig's head in a wide saucepan (if the half head is too big split it in two) with the shin of beef and all the other ingredients.
Barely cover with cold water and bring gently to the boil.
Simmer for 2 hours.
Lift out the meat and the head and strain... - 39.9175
Cabbage Au Vin Au Mushrooms
Brown meat a little.
Put cabbage in deep pot along with mushrooms.
Pour in wine, water, and all seasonings.
Bring to a boil and then simmer slowly until the cabbage is tender. - 36.5629
Jellied Spiced Meat Ring
Scrub pigs' feet and pork hocks with a stiff brush and place in a deep kettle with remaining ingredients.
Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to simmer.
Cover and cook slowly for 3 or 4 hours, or until meat falls from bones.
Strain broth and save.
Dice meat and... - 38.6872
Stuffed Pork Steak
For the stuffing, chop the onion and brown lightly in half the butter.
Add to a bowl containing the breadcrumbs, parsley, herbs, and seasoning.
Add the rest of the melted butter, the water, and enough of the beaten egg to moisten. (Now I must explain about... - 42.3037
Schweinsulze is simply a delicious side dish. Try this amazingly tempting pork recipe; I am sure you will get a lot of compliments for this Schweinsulze. - 37.2578
Schweinsulze Jellied Pork Loaf
1) In a large kettle, place the pigs' feet, pork shoulder, water, vinegar, vegetables, cheesecloth spice bag, and salt.
2) Cover, allow to boil, then simmer on a low heat for about 3 hours, until the meat is soft.
3) Strain, discard the spice bag and... - 45.5115
Southwestern Black Bean Soup
1. In a large saucepan or flameproof casserole, heat the bacon fat. Add the onions and garlic, cover and cook over moderately low heat, stirring occasionally, until tender, about 20 minutes.
2. Add the beef and chicken broths, the black beans, ham hock, pig's... - 40.0894
Leave a piece of pig's head in salt, with a little saltpetre added, for 3 days.
(If you want to prepare a whole head, quarter it before covering with salt.) The butcher would of course pickle the head in this way for you.
Wash thoroughly, and put in an enamel... - 20.2477
Combine all the ingredients and beat with a fork until well blended.
Chill the sauce if it is to be used with chilled vegetables or shrimp.
Heat sauce to lukewarm if it is to be used with hot boiled beef, fish or chicken, pigs' feet or calves' head. - 28.6738
Combine meats, chicken, vegetables, parsley, tarragon, and thyme in a large sauce pot.
Pour in enough water to cover meat, and salt to taste.
Cover pot, bring to boiling, and simmer 3 to 4 hours, or until tongue is tender.
Remove skin from tongue.
Slice meat,... - 34.7855
Pate Of Pork
1. Mince meats and shallots, through mincer twice to ground finely.
2. Preheat oven to 325°.
3. Mix breadcrumbs, seasonings and bind with beaten egg. Add little stock if required to make a consistency so that it drops off the spoon... - 45.1829
1. In a large bowl add brine and soak head for 3 to 5 days unless already pickled.
2. Clean the head thoroughly.
3. In a large pan keep the head. Cover with cold water and boil.
4. Add seasoning and cook over simmering heat for 2-3 hours... - 37.753
Pickled Pig Recipes By Category