- » Pickled Herring
Pickled Herring Recipes
Pickled Herring is a food preparation that essentially belongs to the European cuisine but has now become popular in the American cuisine as well. Pickled herring is made by first curing the herring with salt in ... More »
1. Scale and wash the herrings well.
2. Cut off the heads and tails, and slit each fish open down the belly using a sharp large knife.
3. Remove the offal from the fish cavities and clean thoroughly.
4. Open out the herring on to a... - 43.7485
1) Under running water, wash the herring
2) In a bowl, add the fish and water and allow to soak for about 6 hours
3) Drain the water and keep aside
4) In a glass jar or bowl, arrange the fish and onions in alternating layers
5) In a saucepan, bring... - 42.4103
This is an amazing Pickled Herrings recipe! The recipe is very easy to follow this delicious appetizer can be put together in no time. I use the Pickled Herrings recipe frequently! It is simply delicious! - 42.1464
Cut the herring into bite-size pieces and place into a mixing bowl.
In a separate mixing bowl, sprinkle the onion with salt and leave at room temperature for one hour.
Wash off the salt and squeeze with your hands.
Set aside on paper towel to... - 39.1737
Clean herrings, do not remove skin.
Place whole herrings or sections into a quart jar.
Bring to a quick boil the vinegar, water, sugar and cool until lukewarm.
Add liquid to jar with bay leaves, spices, peppercorns and lemon slices.
Add sour cream,... - 38.7195
Drain liquid from herring; peel and thinly slice carrot and onion.
Alternate layers of herring, carrot, onion, and allspice in a deep container (4-cup capacity) until all ingredients are used.
Stir together vinegar, water, and sugar; pour over herring.
Tuck... - 37.8423
Remove heads and tails from herring.
Rinse fish; pat dry with paper towels.
In a medium saucepan, combine vinegar, water, pickling spices, bay leaf and sugar.
Bring to a boil; cool to room temperature.
Slice rinsed fish crosswise into 1-1/2- to 2-inch... - 36.122
Lemon Pickled Herring
Soak herring in cold water overnight.
Bone herring; cut into pieces.
Alternate layers of herring, lemon, onions, bay leaves, peppercorns and mustard seed in glass jar.
Pour vinegar over top layers.
Place weight on herring mixture to let brine cover... - 34.8262
Easy Pickled Herring
Remove skin and bones from herring; cut into 2-inch pieces.
Soak in cold water for 5 hours; change water frequently.
Heat enough vinegar to cover her- ring; add sugar and pepper.
Place herring and onion slices in bowl; pour vinegar mixture... - 31.139
Pickled Herring Platter
Rinse herring with cold water; arrange on serving platter.
Sprinkle with vinegar.
Separate onion slices into rings; arrange over herring.
Top with yogurt.
Place hot green beans and potatoes on platter with herring.
Top vegetables with butter and parsley;... - 30.2561
1. Pour 3 qts. cold water into a large bowl.
2. Put herring into the water. Set aside to soak 3 hrs.
3. Clean onion and thinly slice.
4. Separate onion slices into rings.
5. Mix cider vinegar, water, peppercorns, and bay leaf together.
6. Drain herring and... - 29.9123
Pickled Herring In Sour Cream
Drain herring filets.
Add sour cream, mayonnaise, sugar, lemon juice, carrots and onions.
Mix well and marinate for several days before serving.
Do not serve immediately.
Add a small amount of wine sauce for a more pronounced flavor. - 25.9734
1. Soak herring in cold water overnight.
2. Clean, removing skin and bones.
3. Cut into 1-inch pieces and place in jar or bowl; add vinegar, onion and spices.
4. Let stand several hours before serving - 23.1168
Pickled Herring Recipes By Category