- » Pickled Fish
Pickled Fish Recipes
Pickled fish is a culinary preparation in which fillets of fish are first soaked in salted water for a period of 24-48 hours and then pickled, using ingredients such as vinegar, sugar and pickling spice. Pickled Fish ... More »
If you are using sardines or mackerel, clean and gut them normally.
If you are using needle fish, break off the heads just under the gills without severing the innards.
Then carefully pull the head away, removing the innards at the same time.
Rinse all the... - 45.4902
Fried Pickled Fish
1) Season the fish with 1 ½ teaspoons of salt and pepper.
2) In a non-stick pan heat half of the oil, brown the fish on both the sides.
3) Remove on paper napkin.
4) In the skillet heat the remaining oil, sautÃ© onions and garlic for... - 44.8376
Pickled Fish Appetizer
Try this delicious version of Pickled Fish Appetizer. An easy to prepare recipe, this Pickled Fish Appetizer is a dish that you would love to talk about with us! - 44.6128
This is an amazing Pickled Herrings recipe! The recipe is very easy to follow this delicious appetizer can be put together in no time. I use the Pickled Herrings recipe frequently! It is simply delicious! - 44.3186
Wash fish well.
Remove skin or bones; slice into small pieces.
Place in small glass or stainless-steel bowl.
Pour lime juice over fish; refrigerate 10 to 12 hours.
Spoon juice over fish every 2 hours.
Peel and seed tomatoes; slice into thin wedges.
Core and... - 43.8335
1) Cut the fish fillets in 1- inch cubes.
2) In a bowl, mix together, flour, 1 1/2 teaspoons salt, and 1teaspoon curry powder.
3) Dip the fish in the flour mixture.
4) In a pan heat oil and fry the fish till it is brown evenly. Drain on... - 43.6383
1. Scale and wash the herrings well.
2. Cut off the heads and tails, and slit each fish open down the belly using a sharp large knife.
3. Remove the offal from the fish cavities and clean thoroughly.
4. Open out the herring on to a... - 43.0047
1) Under running water, wash the herring
2) In a bowl, add the fish and water and allow to soak for about 6 hours
3) Drain the water and keep aside
4) In a glass jar or bowl, arrange the fish and onions in alternating layers
5) In a saucepan, bring... - 42.2778
Cut the herring into bite-size pieces and place into a mixing bowl.
In a separate mixing bowl, sprinkle the onion with salt and leave at room temperature for one hour.
Wash off the salt and squeeze with your hands.
Set aside on paper towel to... - 41.84
Vinegar Pickled Fish
Boil 3 cups water; add 1 teaspoon salt, 1/4 teaspoon pepper, celery tops, and a few parsley sprigs.
Add fish and enough more boiling water to cover.
Cover; simmer over low heat for- 5 minutes.
Remove fish to covered casserole, discarding liquid.
Sprinkle fish... - 39.2426
Sweet Pepper Pickled Fish
Freeze fish 48 hours at 0°F.
Cut into 1 to 2-inch pieces.
In large glass mixing bowl, combine vinegar and salt.
Stir until salt is almost dissolved.
Cover with plastic wrap.
Refrigerate 2 days.
With slotted spoon, remove fish... - 39.1293
Clean herrings, do not remove skin.
Place whole herrings or sections into a quart jar.
Bring to a quick boil the vinegar, water, sugar and cool until lukewarm.
Add liquid to jar with bay leaves, spices, peppercorns and lemon slices.
Add sour cream,... - 38.9724
Classic Pickled Fish
Clean fish without removing skin or bones.
Slice and season with salt.
Cook onions in water for 20 minutes.
Add vinegar, whole spices tied in cheesecloth bag, sugar, lemon and fish.
Boil for 1 hour.
Remove fish, strain liquid and pour over fish.
Store in... - 37.846
Remove heads and tails from herring.
Rinse fish; pat dry with paper towels.
In a medium saucepan, combine vinegar, water, pickling spices, bay leaf and sugar.
Bring to a boil; cool to room temperature.
Slice rinsed fish crosswise into 1-1/2- to 2-inch... - 37.743
Drain liquid from herring; peel and thinly slice carrot and onion.
Alternate layers of herring, carrot, onion, and allspice in a deep container (4-cup capacity) until all ingredients are used.
Stir together vinegar, water, and sugar; pour over herring.
Tuck... - 37.7232
Spicy Pickled Fish
Cut fish into about 1 1/2 X 3/4-inch pieces.
In a large mixing bowl combine the 3 cups water, 1 cup white vinegar, and pickling salt.
Stir mixture till the salt dissolves.
Stir in fish.
Cover and refrigerate for at least 48 hours or till all fish pieces are... - 37.4581
Thaw frozen fish.
Place fish fillets in 10-inch skillet.
Add boiling water to cover.
Simmer, covered, 5 to 8 minutes or till fish flakes easily.
Drain fish; arrange in a shallow baking dish.
Combine vinegar, oil, chili peppers, orange peel, orange juice,... - 37.26
Sprinkle fish with salt and pepper.
Saute in a little of the oil in skillet.
Drain; combine vinegar, onion, bay leaves, garlic, and peppercorns in saucepan; bring to a boil.
Reduce heat and simmer until onion is tender.
Add remaining oil and olives; place... - 37.2311
Lemon Pickled Herring
Soak herring in cold water overnight.
Bone herring; cut into pieces.
Alternate layers of herring, lemon, onions, bay leaves, peppercorns and mustard seed in glass jar.
Pour vinegar over top layers.
Place weight on herring mixture to let brine cover... - 34.7869
Pickled Herring Platter
Rinse herring with cold water; arrange on serving platter.
Sprinkle with vinegar.
Separate onion slices into rings; arrange over herring.
Top with yogurt.
Place hot green beans and potatoes on platter with herring.
Top vegetables with butter and parsley;... - 33.1169
Pickled Fish Escabeche
1 Mix together the flour in a seasonings. Coat the fish in the seasoned flour.
2 Heat the oil to 375 Â°F. in a deep fat fryer and deep fry the fish, 1 or 2 at a time, for 4 minutes. Drain and dry on absorbent paper. Place the fish on a hot shallow dish.
3... - 32.043
1. Clean fish without removing skin or bones.
2. Slice and season with salt.
3. Cook onions in water for 20 minutes.
4. Add vinegar, whole spices tied in cheesecloth bag, sugar, lemon and fish. Simmer 1 hour.
5. Remove fish, strain liquid and pour over... - 31.9205
1. Pour 3 qts. cold water into a large bowl.
2. Put herring into the water. Set aside to soak 3 hrs.
3. Clean onion and thinly slice.
4. Separate onion slices into rings.
5. Mix cider vinegar, water, peppercorns, and bay leaf together.
6. Drain herring and... - 31.2415
Easy Pickled Herring
Remove skin and bones from herring; cut into 2-inch pieces.
Soak in cold water for 5 hours; change water frequently.
Heat enough vinegar to cover her- ring; add sugar and pepper.
Place herring and onion slices in bowl; pour vinegar mixture... - 30.8352
Pickled Herring In Sour Cream
Drain herring filets.
Add sour cream, mayonnaise, sugar, lemon juice, carrots and onions.
Mix well and marinate for several days before serving.
Do not serve immediately.
Add a small amount of wine sauce for a more pronounced flavor. - 28.1801
1. Soak herring in cold water overnight.
2. Clean, removing skin and bones.
3. Cut into 1-inch pieces and place in jar or bowl; add vinegar, onion and spices.
4. Let stand several hours before serving - 23.2241
Pickled Fish Recipes By Category