- » Pickle Pie
Pickle Pie Recipes
Enjoy our collection of pickle pie recipes submitted, reviewed and rated by ifood.tv community. Meet people who are looking for pickle pie recipes.
1) In a kettle, drain the peach juice, combine with the sugar, vinegar, and spices.
2) Allow to boil for 10 minutes, stir in the peaches and cook for further 5 minutes or until peaches are thoroughly heated.
3) Discard the spice bag, then stuff the... - 33.3825
Pickled Lemon Wedges
1) Rinse lemons, cut in to four and discard evident seeds.
2) Coat with salt and pack in a quart jar.
3) Leave at room temperature for 4 days, covered.
4) On the 5th day, add in rest of the ingredients and leave aside for 4 or 5 days... - 33.9184
This is an amazing Pickled Herrings recipe! The recipe is very easy to follow this delicious appetizer can be put together in no time. I use the Pickled Herrings recipe frequently! It is simply delicious! - 44.3186
Easy Pickled Beets
Place small beets together in a jar.
Slice the larger ones and also place in a jar.
Pour good quality cold white vinegar on top to completely cover the beets.
Sprinkle into each jar 1 teaspoon (5 mL) or 1 tablespoon (15 mL) of white... - 30.9076
Smoked Mozzarella With Pickled Mushrooms
1. Preheat oven to 475°. Butter a small heatproof platter or glass pie dish.
2. Drain mushrooms, discarding juices. Place mushrooms in center of platter. Arrange overlapping slices of cheese in concentric circles on top.
3. Bake 4 to 5 minutes, or until... - 24.586
Mexican Pickled Fish
Skin and bone fish and cut into small pieces.
Take a pie dish, place fish pieces in it and cover with lemon juice.
Marinate a few hours, this being the only cooking process.
Pour off extra liquid and add oil, onion, tomatoes, olives, coriander and chilli.
Mix... - 43.8286
Pickled Pepper Quiche
1. Crumble sausage into small microwave-safe bowl. Cover with paper towel; microwave on high 5 minutes or until pork is no longer pink, stirring once during cooking to break up meat. Drain on paper towels; set aside.
2. In large bowl, beat eggs and soup until... - 30.1535
1) Preheat oven to temperature of 450 degrees.
2) From the tuna fish, drain all the oil.
3) In a sauté pan, put 1 tablespoon of tuna oil and add the onions. Saute till they are transparent and add the mushrooms. Keep cooking the... - 46.7947
Cheese And Vegetable Pie With Sage Pastry
Cheese And Vegetable Pie With Sage Pastry often finds a place in my party menu. Though it takes quite some time for the preparation of this Cheese And Vegetable Pie With Sage Pastry, you will be happy with the end product. Just check out the recipe of the... - 46.4686
Stir together stew and pickle relish in saucepan.
Simmer about 10 minutes or until heated through.
Quick meal plan; sliced tomatoes, bread sticks and a fixed up frozen apple pie - 20.2938
Combine first 6 ingredients, 3/4 teaspoon salt, and 1/8 teaspoon pepper.
Prepare pastry to line one 8-inch pic plate.
Fill with meat mixture.
Bake at 350° for 35 to 40 minutes.
Toss cheese with Worcestershire sauce; sprinkle atop pie.
Bake 10 minutes... - 38.8966
Rabbit Pie With Beef
Wash, dry and joint the rabbit, dice the beef and bacon or pork.
Place these ingredients in layers in a pie-dish, season well, J fill dish with stock.
Cover with pastry.
Bake 1 3/4—2 hr in a hot oven (425°-450° F., Gas 7-8) for 15 min., and in a moderate... - 35.0918
Boil the rabbit trimmings and giblets to make stock.
Divide the rabbit in joints.
Dice the bacon or pork.
Pack the meat into a pie dish with the forcemeat balls.
Add salt and pepper and stock to fill the dish three quarters full.
Cover with the pastry and... - 32.8623
If pie shell is cold, place on a cooky sheet in a moderate oven (350°) while preparing other ingredients.
Roll oysters in flour, dip them in egg and water mixture, and then roll in crumbs.
Fry in a mixture of the butter and lard until golden brown on both... - 39.8855
Rustic Pork Pie
Hard-cook the eggs for 10 minutes, drain and cool in cold water.
Cook the peas in boiling salted water for about 3-4 minutes according to the directions on the package.
Drain and refresh under cold water.
Drain the baby corn if used and the mushrooms.
Slice... - 44.6806
Hors D'oeuvre Pie
Hearty, filling and extremely tasty, this Hors d'Oeuvre Pie is sure to satisfy even the biggest of appetites. This quick and simple to make recipe is all here to feast on; so give this Hors d'Oeuvre Pie a try! - 40.5658
Hidden Sloppy Joes
Heat oven to 400 degrees.
Lightly grease an oblong baking pan about 13 X 9 1/2 X 2 inches (use a glass pan if you have one).
Heat oil in large heavy saucepan.
Add beef and onion and cook, stirring, until beef is lightly browned.
Add celery, green pepper,... - 44.723
This Pate Madrilene is one of the best that I've ever tasted ! Try out the Pate Madrilene for yourself and tell me if you like it ! Your suggestions for the dish are welcome ! - 43.8302
Chilled Canape Pie
1. Preheat oven to 425°F before baking.
2. Roll the crust out into round so that it fits perfectly into a 12” shallow pizza pie pan and bake for 10 minutes or till lightly brown. Cool.
3. Arrange sour cream, eggs and butter above a... - 44.7226
Combine flour and salt.
Cut in shortening.
Stir in cheese and caraway seed.
Add vinegar to milk.
Stir into flour mixture until dough clings together.
Divide in half on floured surface.
Roll out half of dough to a IO-inch square.
Cut into four 5-inch... - 39.9327
Low Carb Big Mac Pie
We love the Atkins diet as it was the only diet which actually encouraged a dieter to eat and to eat well. This low carb dish should be on your Atkins recipe but make sure that you read the ingredient list first and use only low carb ingredients for the dish. - 112.574
Pot Pie Of Veal
Cut the meat into pieces convenient for serving and cut the pork into thin, small slices.
Place the meat and pork in layers in a large pie-dish, seasoning each layer well with salt and pepper, and fill the dish J full with stock.
Cover with a lid and cook in... - 31.672
Carry Along Beef Pies
1) Preheat oven at 425°.
2) In a bowl, add bouillon to dissolve in boiling water. Keep it aside.
3) In another bowl, add next 9 ingredients and pour bouillon mixture over top.
4) Mix by gentle stirring. Set it aside.
5) Make two halves... - 46.713
1. To make the cornmeal crust: In a small bowl, mix the cornmeal with 1 cup of the water. In a medium-size saucepan, bring the remaining water to a boil and stir in the cornmeal mixture, butter, salt, and black pepper. Lower the heat; simmer, covered, for 35... - 36.0414
Easy As [pizza] Pie
Homemade pizzas may make mom a hero in her kids' eyes, but let's face it, it's often hard to find the time on a busy weeknight.
One way to get a personalized pizza experience is to start with a prepared cheese pizza and layer up from there. President's... - 33.6794
Hot Fruit Relish
1. Start heating oven to 325Â°F.
2. Place drained fruits in 9-inch pie plate. Stir nutmeg and cinnamon into applesauce. Spread over fruits.
3. Bake 20 minutes. Toss; then serve hot with cold meats. - 22.4308
Microwave directions: Cut a thin slice off side of eggplant so it will sit flat.
Using a grapefruit knife, remove all of the pulp to within 1/2 inch of skin.
Chop eggplant pulp.
For filling, in a 1 quart nonmetal casserole combine 1 1/2 cups of the egg plant... - 40.9898
Craving pie or something not so good for you? Try this Pear dessert, it will satisfy your cravings for sure! - 0
Spanish Style Chicken Pies With Laurel Leaf Pastry
Prepare Basic Tender Butter Pastry substituting sweet pickle juice for 2 tablespoons iced water.
Add oregano to liquid, if desired.
Chill pastry until needed.
In a large skillet, heat olive oil over medium-high heat.
Saute chicken until well-browned.
Remove... - 44.8112
Tomato Hamburger Pie
Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.
Saute the onion in 2 tablespoons corn oil until transparent, then add the ground beef and brown.
Pour off the excess fat, then add the catsup, relish, 1 teaspoon salt and the pepper and blend.
Simmer until heated through.
Sift... - 45.6116
Chilled Canape Pie
Hearty, filling and extremely tasty, this Chilled Canape Pie is sure to satisfy even the biggest of appetites. This quick and simple to make recipe is all here to feast on; so give this Chilled Canape Pie a try! - 43.2678
Ham Stuffed Rolls
1) Remove the tops of French rolls and then hollow them out.
2) Mix together ham, eggs, onion, pepper, mustard, relish and mayonnaise.
3) Stuff the rolls with ham mixture and then top with cheese.
4) Take a 7-1/2" x 12" baking dish;... - 43.1026
1 Prepare pie crust mix, following label directions, or make pastry from your own favorite one-crust recipe. Roll out, half at a time, 1/8 inch thick; cut into 18 two-inch rounds. Fit into shallow 1 3/4-inch tart pans or tiny muffin-pan cups.
2. Combine... - 29.7188
Prepare your favorite pie pastry or use a packaged mix.
Roll out dough on a lightly floured board into a 12-inch circle.
Spread evenly with butter.
Combine tuna, onion, celery, peanuts, sour cream, lemon juice, and dill weed; spread mixture over half the... - 45.8027
Fish In Cilantro Sauce
Thaw fish if frozen.
Toast almonds in pie plate at HIGH for 4 minutes or till lightly browned, stirring twice.
Grind almonds and set aside.
In 13x9x2-inch baking dish, cook onion and garlic in oil at HIGH for 3 minutes or till tender, stirring twice.
Stir in... - 42.991
European Pate Loaf
1. Combine ground veal and beef in a large bowl. Beat eggs slightly in a cup; measure 2 tablespoons into a second cup and set aside for brushing loaf in Step 4. Add remaining to meat mixture with onion, flour, salt, marjoram, pepper and 1/2 cup of the broth;... - 39.8814
Classic French Veal Stew
Cut the veal into pieces.
Leave these in tepid water for 15 minutes, then take out and dry on a clean cloth.
Turn these pieces in butter on a gentle heat for 10 minutes without letting them brown; then sprinkle with flour, mix it in, moisten with hot water... - 35.7355
Betty's Deep-fried Green And Ripe Tomatoes
In this video, Betty demonstrates how to make Deep-Fried Green and Ripe Tomatoes. bettyskitchen already has a video on making Fried Green Tomatoes, browned in a skillet, which you may prefer. This recipe has a different coating and the tomatoes are... - 0
Slice the pork luncheon meat; slice the celery.
Core and slice the apples and slice the pickles.
Mix together the pasta, luncheon meat, olives, celery, apples and pickles.
Chop the anchovy fillets and mix into the mayonnaise together with the soy sauce, lemon... - 37.3639
Combine ground beef, pork, onion and water in large pot.
Heat to boiling, stirring often.
Boil slowly for 15 minutes.
Add potatoes and pickling spice.
Simmer, covered, for 1 hour.
Push spice bag down occasionally.
Add salt, pepper and garlic powder.
Continue... - 44.7814
Egg Salad Canape
Combine eggs, pickle, mayonnaise, and salt; mix well and chill.
To serve, spread on baked Canape Pastry Rounds.
Makes 1 1/2 dozen.
Canape Pastry Rounds: Prepare vegetable shortening pastry for 1 crust pie.
Roll out on floured surface to 1/8 inch... - 33.9454
Soused Herrings With Spanish Onion
Wash and scale the herrings, cut off the heads, split the herrings open and remove the gut and backbone.
Put a slice of onion in the centre of each fish, roll tightly, beginning with the neck.
Pack the herrings closely in a pie-dish, sprinkle with salt,... - 26.4307
Place potatoes in a 3- to 4-quart pan; add water to cover and bring to a boil over high heat.
Reduce heat, cover, and simmer until tender when pierced, about 20 minutes.
Drain off most of water.
Set potatoes, covered, next to fire or on a warming tray to keep... - 34.3934
Cheezza Corned Beef
Combine flour, baking powder, 2/3 cup mayonnaise and milk in mixer bowl.
Mix at low speed of mixer until a dough forms.
Press into bottom of 12-inch pizza pan.
Break up corned beef in pie pan.
Bake both at 425° for 10 minutes.
Remove from oven; drain corned... - 35.5645
Spiced Beef Pasties
Stir dill seed into pastry mix and, following package directions, add water or milk to form dough.
Roll into a 10x15-inch rectangle and cut into neat 3 1/2-inch squares.
Mix beef with the remaining ingredients, adding a few drops of the red-pepper... - 37.5584
Wagon Wheel Pizza
1. Heat oven to 375°F.
2. In a saucepan combine beans, catsup, and onion salt. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer about 3 minutes.
3. Remove from heat and cool slightly. Spread on pizza crust.
3. Arrange cheese on pie to resemble spokes of a wheel.... - 36.1468
1. In a pie plate arrange chicken with thickest portions toward outside sprinkling over with tomato, onion, lime juice and jalapeno pepper.
2. Microwave covered with waxed paper at High for 7 to 9 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink inside,... - 35.7952
Garlic Shrimp Rounds
Peel, cut in half lengthwise and devein shrimp.
Rinse under running cold water.
Drain shrimp on paper towels.
In a glass pie plate or casserole, combine oil, wine, garlic and parsley.
Add shrimp; toss to coat shrimp completely.
Marinate in refrigerator 4... - 37.9601
French Toasted Chicken Sandwiches
Combine chicken, celery, mayonnaise, pickle relish, onion, salt, and pepper.
Spread 6 slices of bread with about 1/3 cup of the mixture; cover with remaining bread.
Combine eggs and milk in pie plate.
Dip sandwiches on both sides, then coat with potato... - 40.9944
Place cheese, trimmed of any wax, in a shallow pan somewhat larger than cheese chunk.
Set pan on hearth and push wide surface of cheese in close to fire.
When cheese face begins to melt, scrape it off and spoon onto a bite of hot potato with marinated onions... - 32.7381
1. Chop celery, ham and pickle in a food chopper.
2. In a bowl mix all the other ingredients well.
3. On a pie pastry, spread out the ingredients well which have been roll out.
4. Use cookie cutters to cut.
5. Preheat oven at 425°
5.... - 42.8878
Layered Sombrero Dip With Sour Cream
1) Into a skillet, saute the beef on high heat till evenly browned
2) Drain off any excess fat
3) Add in water and the taco seasoning and reduce the heat to a low to bring down to a simmer for at least 10 minutes till the mixture meat gravy has turned... - 43.6948
Grilled Ham Salad Sandwiches
1. In a mixing bowl, combine the ham, hard-cooked eggs, lemon juice, mustard, Worcestershire sauce, salt, green pepper, and mayonnaise, and the pickle if used. Spread the ham mixture on 4 slices of the bread, and top with the remaining bread.
2. In a shallow... - 36.1721
Episode 130 - Fig Empanadas - 5-14-13
Here's my entry into my Eat, Write, Retreat convention coming up later this month! This was a pretty big challenge for me since it's outside of my element - after all this is savory instead of pastry! But I did have the opportunity to use pie crust in yet a... - 0
Filling is a very easy to prepare side dish recipe. Enjoy this amazingly delicious Filling; I am sure you would love to share your experience with me. - 45.742
Cape May Fish Cakes
The Cape May Fish Cakes are simply irresistible ! Make fish cakes with mashed potates, fish, dillweed and pepper suaces. Coat with egg and breading and fry them in butter or salad oil. Garnish with parsley and lemon wedges and just enjoy ! If you want to know... - 39.3015
Venetian Pizza Boats
In a medium mixing bowl combine egg, bread crumbs, salt, oregano, and pepper.
Add ground beef, then mix well.
Shape the meat mixture into 6 meatballs.
Arrange meatballs in a circle in a 7- or 9-inch pie plate.
Micro-cook, uncovered, on 100% power (HIGH) 3 to... - 47.6951
Chicken Burger With Mushroom
Skin, bone and grind chicken using fine blade.
Chop mushrooms, mince pimiento, add to ground chicken.
Add parsley, salt, melted butter and pepper to mixture.
Handling lightly, form into 6 patties.
Put flour in a pie plate, turn patties until coated.
Melt 1 T.... - 41.8978
Always Popular Layered Bean Dip
1. In a food processor, combine beans, garlic, oregano, cumin and 1 tbsp (15 mL) water; process until smooth. Spread in serving dish.
2. In a bowl combine cheese, sour cream and jalapeno peppers. Spread over bean layer. (Can be assembled earlier in day; cover... - 34.502
Steamed Eggs With Bean Curd
1. In a large bowl, mash bean curd with a fork. Add beaten eggs, salt and soup stock. Blend well with a whisk or in a blender.
2. Add remaining ingredients and mix well.
3. Transfer bean curd mixture to an oven-proof pie pan and steam over high heat for 5-7... - 32.7638
Sweet Spicy Cucumbers Over Tomatoes
1. Arrange half of cucumber in a 9-inch pie plate. Top with half of onion. Repeat procedure with the remaining cucumber and onion.
2. Combine vinegar and the next 5 ingredients (through chiles) in a small saucepan. Bring to a boil, cook for 1 minute or until... - 30.0047
1. The flavour of anchovies can be strong for some palettes. To subdue the flavor, drain from the can and soak them in milk for about half an hour.
2. Grease an 8 inch pie dish with oil or butter and dust lightly with flour.
3. Preheat the oven... - 46.4742
Cherry Almond Sauce
1. Drain syrup from cherries into a measuring jar and add enough water to make 1 cup. Set aside.
2. Stuff an almond into each cherry and set aside.
3. Combine first five ingredients in a small saucepan.
4. Heat and let boil rapidly for... - 47.7135
Cut the beef into 3 to 6-inch thick pieces.
Pour a thin layer of salt in the bottom of a stone jar or a tight wooden keg.
Add layers of beef and salt, ending with salt until all the beef is used.
Let stand overnight.
Dissolve the sugar, soda and saltpeter in... - 37.9626
French Cheese Sandwiches
1) Prepare 4 sandwiches, with the use of bread, cheese and mustard or chutney.
2) Press firmly and trim off the crusted sides.
3) In a bowl, whisk eggs, milk and salt lightly together.
4) Use a shallow pie plate or bowl to pour the... - 45.4172
Vegan Lancashire Hotpot
1. In a skillet, heat vegetable oil and fry onions and garlic in it
2. Add tomato puree and cook for another five minutes; add soy sauce and Madeira and stock and allow to boil
3. Add barley, turn the heat down, cover and cook for twenty five minutes... - 47.0216
Potato Nachos With Roasted Garlic
To Roast Garlic: Preheat oven to 450°F.
Peel outer skin from garlic.
Cut a small slice off the top.
Separate unpeeled cloves and place them in a pie dish.
Spray with cooking spray.
Bake, uncovered, for 15 to 20 minutes, or until soft when squeezed.
Set aside... - 39.9511
Potato Salad For Beginners
If you are planning to host a casual barbecue at your home anytime soon, then this recipe might just come handy for you. Beryl Stokes whomp up the quintessential potato salad using fresh ingredients. This never-fail recipe is likely to be a hit everywhere,... - 115.799