- » Pickle
Pickles are a class of salty, sweet, sour or spicy vegetables or fruit marinated in brine and vinegar. In the Asian countries, pickles consist of dried and diced fruit or vegetable in a mixture of salt, oil chilli ... More »
Red Cabbage Sauerkraut
Sauerkraut or pickled cabbage is a German recipe is something that you want to do with your cabbage. Watch this video, and see how the chef does it. It is simple method and stays in refrigerator for few days. Homemade sauerkraut is definitely better than the... - 146.942
Medallions With Balsamic Onion Relish
This video showing a unique bacon wrapped steak recipe that is just perfect for a cozy dinner party. The amazing blend of the dark rich sweet taste of the balsamic onion relish with the bacon wrapped perfectly cooked filet mignon medallion is quite literally... - 143.259
Homemade Cucumber Pickles
Here is a video that shows how easy it is to make homemade pickles. Join Ned Bell as he shares an impressive recipe that you would surely appreciate. Great to make zesty pickles with simple ingredients in just a few minutes. Take a look and amaze your friends... - 137.606
No canning required! This super simple recipe is perfect for first-time pickle makers, and it's so delicious that family & friends will think you are an expert! - 134.948
Quick Cucumber Pickle
Just when you need a zesty, tasty accompaniment to pair with your cheese or meat, quick sweet-sour cucumber pickle would make for an impressive choice. This flavor packed pickle from Chef Mick Rosacci's kitchen is a breeze to make. Crunchy cucumbers pickled... - 130.442
Dried Fruit Puree For Toddlers
Do you know there is something as sweet as a candy and healthy for babies? Its dried fruit puree made by weelicious host in this video. All she does is soaks 1 cup each of dried raisins, apricots and peaches in hot water for 15 minutes. Then blends everything... - 128.559
1. Pre-heat oven to 425F.
2. Pierce the eggplant with a fork, to release the steam while you roast the egg plant.
3. Roast the egg plant in the oven for 30 minutes until it starts to collapse.
4. Once roasted, let it cool, cut it... - 124.173
Indian Cauliflower Pickle
Want a tasty addition to you meal? Pickles are great to jazz up a simple Indian meal. Manjula is going to show cauliflower pickle recipe in a very simple way. It has goy a strong delicious taste like any other Indian pickle. This winter buy the best... - 122.796
Fresh Organic Raw Pickles
If you ever go to a health food store or a farmers market and to buy a jar of fresh made pickles that have no preservatives or are not pasteurized and are made of organic cucumbers, you will have to shell out at least 8 dollars a jar! Watch the video and... - 122.39
Instant Mango Pickle - Zatpat Aam Achar
1. In a bowl, add all the ingredients for the dry masala except the olive oil and mix well.
2. Take the bowl with raw mangoes and add the dry masala, oil and coat it well using a spoon or hand.
3. Once done refrigerate the pickle and use it within... - 118.396
Grandmas One Minute Pickles
While the title may come across as an oxymoron, it is true! You can make pickles in one minute. Adam from "cook with Adam", shares his grandmother's recipe for the really incredible quick pickles which literally take one minute to have ready. No brining, no... - 114.895
Kkaennip Kimchi And Kkaennip Jangajji
If you have grown perilla leaves in your garden, then the best thing to do with it is make kimchi and pickle. Maangchi shows the Korean way of preserving these nutritious leaves to be enjoyed all year through. She is showing two ways so its up to you to pick... - 110.454
Korean Broccoli Pickle
If you like pickles then here is a Korean way of pickling broccoli. Maangchi's broccoli pickle recipe is so easy to make and looks mouth watering. Watching her cook and prepare the dish is so much fun and the background music is like icing to the cake. She... - 110.209
Buttermilk Pecan Fried Pickles
1. For the dry mix: In a bowl, mix the flour, pecans, cayenne pepper.
2. For the wet mix: In a flat dish, crack the egg and add buttermilk and whisk together.
3. Add sugar to it and whisk.
4. Dry the dill spears with paper towels so that the coating... - 107.188
1. Grate the savoy cabbage along with the purple cabbage and carrots, once done transfer it in a bowl and mix it with sea salt.
2. Massage the seas salt until well incorporated along with the cabbage.
3. Store the Sauerkraut in a bottle and seal the... - 106.09
1. Preheat the oven at 350 degrees.
2. Wash the beet roots and peel off the scab. Slice with the help of mandolin or knife.
3. Drizzle olive oil over the sliced beet roots.
4. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
5. For making concoction... - 103.688
Vegetable Relish Tray For Fourth Of July Dinner
This fourth of July, fire up the grill and deck up the picnic table and pull out all stops to prepare a gorgeous relish tray. In this video, Betty shows how to assemble a large, tasty treat in a snap. Keep some dill weed dip handy and treat your guests to a... - 103.634
Adrak Ka Achaar
Not every pantry spice can claim to be as versatile as good old ginger. Pickling ginger is one great way to preserve the root vegetable. Not only does pickled ginger adds a hot-sweet zing to your food, but also makes for a yummy condiment too. Ginger stored... - 102.867
When you want an easy low-carb snack, try these Fried Pickles. There's a ton of extra flavor in these because of coconut flour, cheese and zesty taco seasoning ingredients. You've never tasted a pickle like this. - 101.546
Spicy Mango Pickle
If you are looking for a spicy accompaniment to any meal, try this Spicy mango pickle. In this recipe, mango is coated in Indian spices to make for an all–season accompaniment which can last for even a year. For best results fresh mangoes should be used and... - 101.371
Punk Rock Pickles
Learn how to make punk rock pickles with the Rock and Roll Geek! - 101.29
Quick Watermelon Rind Pickles
1. Wash, and peel watermelon. Cut, and remove the flesh.
2. Now, cut the white rind of watermelon into ½-inch slices.
3. Wash and cut cucumber, lemon, and ginger into thin slices.
4. Into two clean 1 quart mason jars, add cinnamon... - 99.6771
Super Bowl Spicy-hot Deep-fried Dill Pickle Slices
Deep-fried pickles are a crowd favorite at any gathering. Plus, it's easy to prepare and notches up the flavor of your snack table easily. Just grab the ingredients and follow Betty’s video recipe to get preparing this tasty treat at home. - 98.2744
Half Sour Pickles
When you have a glut for lemons, just preserve them a la the Moroccan way, and relish them whenever you crave for something sumptuously sour. Quick and easy, lemons pickled in loads of salt and lemon juice makes for a scrummy addition to most Moroccan dishes,... - 93.9009
Summer Quick Pickles
When loads of cucumbers are available during summer, enjoy some easy and quick pickles. In this video, Scott shows us how to put together cucumber pickle in less than ten minutes. They are fabulous and can be enjoyed as side dish. - 92.9428
For all those pickle fans, who love having a jar of dill pickles right on their kitchen cabinet this recipe is a must watch. in this video the chef provides clear directives to combine cucumber with garlic and brine to make absolutely tempting pickle. Do not... - 92.8496
Sweet And Spicy Pickled Padrone Peppers
All pickle lovers are just going to love the sweet-tangy and spicy flavor of these deliciously dangerous peppers. In addition to their complex, bitter-sweet flavor, the usually mild padrones are the world's most exciting pepper to eat. One out of every dozen... - 91.5296
1. Sort out the good olives from the bad ones and give a thorough wash.
2. Soak the olives in water for a week changing the water daily with fresh water.
3. On day 3 take olives in a Ziploc bag. Pound the olives with a rolling pin, to... - 90.9626
Turnip And Beet Pickle
1. In a pan pour in the water, add in the salt and beet. Cover the pan and boil for 10 minutes.
2. Take out the beet and slice in half moon shape. Don’t discard the water.
3. Wash the turnip and slice in half moon size. Set aside.... - 89.4578
Homestead Series How To Can Bread And Butter Pickles
For pickle lovers, bread and butter pickle has always been a delight and with a recipe as easy as the one shown in the video, you would want to make batches again and again! The yummy treat goes well with almost everything. - 87.5759
Condiments are the oft neglected item in our food list. However, a zesty condiment as pickled onion is one great way to amp up the taste of even the most bland meal. Just follow the recipe and get pickling onions at home. It's so delish that you can't really... - 87.1842
1. Wash all the vegetables and dice.
2. Place all the vegetables in a jar. Pour in vinegar.
3. Mix salt in the water and add in the pickle jar. Close the lid and let it sit for 3 days.
4. Serve Mixed pickles with Lentil and... - 86.5105
1. In a blending jar take all the ingredients and blend well.
2. Serve Dill Relish with Cheese or Chicken and enjoy! - 82.0392
Pulled Pork And Pickles On The Grill
Are you looking for a special grill recipe for the weekend? Hit the play button now and watch the Chef prepare this delicious Pulled Pork and Pickles on the Grill recipe. Surprise your family with this American delicacy now. - 80.3102
Quick Homemade Pickles
Add a whole lot of taste and flavor to your plain and simple meal with these yummy and delicious pickles. Watch this video to learn how you can churn out this yummy accompaniment in a jiffy. Give it a try. - 79.8533
Garlic Pickle And Green Grape Pickle
If you are looking for ways to preserve garlic, you couldn't get a better option than this. Chef Bhal Dave details the nitty gritty of pickling garlic, and thereby preserving it for long. So whether you love a dash of garlic pickle with your steamed fish or... - 77.7426
Add a whole lot of taste and flavor to your plain and simple meal with these yummy and delicious pickles. Watch this video to learn how you can churn out this yummy accompaniment in a jiffy. Give it a try. - 77.0901
Sweet Lime Pickle
All of us know the joy of nibbling into tender, pickled fruit pieces. Chef Bhal Dave shares the recipe of preparing sweet lemon pickle. You will be astounded to see how easily he tosses up a seasoning and pickles the lemons. Just follow his instructions to... - 74.8842
Hot Pepper Veggies
This recipe is perfect to use when all your veggies in your garden are ripening and can’t use them all up. Rather than wasting them, can them. - 60.7244
Mixed Vegetable Pickle
Mixed Vegetable Pickle has a divine taste. I have listed Mixed Vegetable Pickle among the top of my favourite pickle list. The malt vinegar and garam masala powder gives the Mixed Vegetable Pickle a different taste. Must catch it. - 47.6045
Autumn Piccalilli With Pear
1. In a large bowl, mix together the vegetables, pears and salt with 2 liters of cold water. Cover the bowl with clean wrap and leave overnight to marinate.
2. Sterilize five 500mililiter preserve jars with vinegar proof lids by placing them in... - 47.4659
1) In a bowl, mix well together cucumber, onion, green pepper and garlic.
2) Dredge the salt and ice .
3) Allow to rest for 3 hour at room temperature.
4) Drain the cucumber mixture well.
5) In a saucepan, mix together vinegar,... - 46.62
Hamburger Rolls With Sweet Pickle Stuffing
1) Season meat with salt and pepper.
2) Preheat oven at 350° F.
3) In a skillet, melt butter.
4) Add onion to sauté until tender.
5) Pour the mixture over soft bread cubes, piccalilli, salt, pepper and sage.
6) Add milk to combine... - 46.4723
1. Wash and clean the cauliflower. Break into small florets; chop the stem and thick portions.
2. Wash, scrape and cut the ginger into slivers.
3. Cut two lemons into pieces and extract juice of the other two lemons. Keep aside.
4. Boil the water with salt,... - 46.2423
Eight Vegetable Relish
1)In a large bowl mix
green tomatoes, ripe tomatoes,cabbage,onion,celery ,cucumber,green pepper and sweet red pepper together.
2)Add salt and keep it aside in a cool place for 12 to 18 hours.
3) Set it aside.
4)In a 10-quart dutch oven combine... - 46.239
Mixed Vegetable Pickle
1) Take a bowl and add cauliflower flowerets, cucumber dice, bean pieces and onions in layers in it.
2) Use salt to sprinkle on each layer.
3) Cover with a clean towel and set aside for 48 hours.
4) Take a heatproof bowl and put the malt... - 45.8129
Divide cauliflower into flowerets.
There should be 2 quarts.
Scald and peel onions.
Add salt to vegetables; mix with ice cubes; cover with more ice cubes.
Let stand for 3 hours.
Mix remaining ingredients in large kettle; bring to boil, stirring to... - 45.7537
Mixed Vegetable Pickle
Mix 2 teaspoons salt with warm water in bowl, soak vegetables overnight, drain.
Spread vegetables out on clean tea towel to dry.
Heat oil in pan, add 1 teaspoon mustard seeds.
As they pop, set aside to cool in their oil.
Place remaining mustard seeds and... - 45.7017
Mustard Pickle Relish
1) Take a large bowl and combine tomatoes, cucumbers, green and red peppers and cauliflower. Add salt and toss. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
2) Next morning, drain the vegetables in a colander and rinse thoroughly.
3) Take a large... - 45.667
Fried Dill Pickles
1) In a bowl beat together, egg, milk, Worcestershire sauce , Tabasco and 1 tablespoon of flour.
2) Season the egg mixture to taste.
3) In another bowl combine together 2 cups flour and season to taste.
4) In a wok, heat oil to 350°F.
5) Coat the... - 45.6149
Traditional Young Cucumber Bread And Butter Pickles
Place the cucumbers in a 2-gallon crock.
Slice the onions.
Cut the pepper into rings or strips.
Place both in the crock, add the salt, and cover with a thick layer of ice cubes.
Let stand overnight.
Combine the rest of the ingredients, bring... - 45.3976
Sweet And Sour Mango Pickle
1. Pound whole cloves and cinnamon to a coarse powder.
2. Wash the mangoes and cut into small pieces.
3. Keep in a bowl and sprinkle salt and turmeric powder over it.
4. Keep aside for 6 hours.
5. Squeeze out water from it.
6. In a... - 45.1845
Bread And Butter Pickles
1) Slice the cucumbers, onions, green and red peppers in very thin rounds.
2) In a stone crock, place the vegetable slices.
3) In a bowl, combine the salt and cracked ice together.
4) Pack around the sliced vegetables and cover the... - 45.1491
Wash and peel brinjals.
Cut off upper stalks and split them in quarters.
Peel and slice ginger thinly.
Split green chillies.
Grind red chillies, cummin, mustard and fenugreek seeds in a little vinegar.
Heat oil in a pan and fry ginger and masala to a red... - 45.1446
Grilled Barracuda With Cucumber Carrot And Daikon Pickle
1) To make the pickle, remove the seeds and thinly slice the cucumber (use a mandolin if possible).
2) Slice the carrot and daikon fine.
3) Add little salt cucumber, carrot and daikon for 2 hours, then discard water and wash salt off under cold... - 45.1391
Spicy Mixed Vegetable Pickle
1. Prepare the pickle masala as follows: heat the oil, add the fenugreek powder and asafoetida, and fry. To this, add the rest of the masalas, salt and mix thoroughly. Set aside until needed.
2. Wash and cut the cauliflower and carrots into small pieces along... - 45.0995
Aunt Delia's Piccalilli
1. Chop the tomatoes into small pieces and place in a bowl.
2. Sprinkle with salt, cover and keep overnight.
3. Drain the tomatoes.
4. Add chopped vegetables to it.
5. In a saucepan, combine the vinegar and sugar.
6. Place on a medium... - 44.819
Cauliflower Carrot Pickles In Honey Mustard
1) Cut the cauliflower florets into half to quarters.
2) In a saucepan, put 1/3 cup of vinegar, sherry, salt, sugar, tarragon and 2 cups of water. Bring it to boil.
3) When it boils add cauliflower and carrots, and stir for 1 minute.
4) Using a... - 44.8081
Cucumber Sandwich Pickles
Sprinkle salt over cucumbers; add 2 quarts cold water and let stand 2 to 3 hours.
Combine 3 cups vinegar and 3 cups water; bring to a boil.
Add cucumbers, simmer about 8 minutes.
Drain well, discarding liquid.
Combine 2 cups vinegar and 1... - 44.7967
Pork Chops With Ham And Pickles
Sprinkle the pork chops generously with salt and a few grindings of pepper, then dip them in flour and shake off the excess.
Heat the lard over high heat in a heavy skillet, then add the chops two or three at a time.
Cook them for about four minutes on each... - 44.7788
1. Clean, prepare and chop the vegetables into suitably sized pieces
2. Leave the onions whole and break the cauliflower into sprigs
3. In a bowl, make a solution of quarter pound of salt dissolved in two and a half pints pf water
4.... - 44.6848
Bread And Butter Pickles De Luxe
This Bread And Butter Pickles De Luxe is simply irresistible and mouth-watering. Try this easy to prepare Bread And Butter Pickles De Luxe; I am sure you will love to share it with your friends and family. - 44.5058
Pork Chops With Ham And Pickles
1) Preheat oven to 200Â°F before warming.
2) Using paper towels dry the pork chops gently and season generously with salt and a few grindings of pepper.
3) Coat them with flour and shake off the excess.
4) In a heavy 10- or 12-inch... - 44.4864
Arrange vegetables in layers in large bowl or enamel preserving kettle, sprinkling each layer with salt.
Let stand overnight.
Mix mustard and sugar in large preserving kettle.
Add water, vinegar, and seeds.
Add cloves and allspice tied in cheesecloth... - 44.4728
Bread And Butter Pickles
Combine cucumber, onion, green pepper, and whole garlic cloves.
Add salt; cover with cracked ice.
Let stand 3 hours; drain well.
Combine remaining ingredients; pour over cucumber mixture.
Bring to boiling.
Fill hot, clean pint... - 44.2517
1) Wash the vegetables. Drain and keep aside.
2) Cut cucumbers into 1/2-inch cubes.
3) Cut tomatoes into wedges.
4) Break cauliflower into small flowerets.
5) Deseed peppers and cut into small pieces.
6) Peel onions and halve.
7) In 3... - 44.2301
1)Scrub the beets with a brush leaving root and 1 inch of stem on it.
2)In a large dutch oven place beets and boil it.
3)Further simmer for 35 to 40 minutes or until tender.
4) Let the beets cool by pouring cold water over it.
5)Trim the... - 44.2209
Preserved Lemons are quite expensive to buy - often running $8 for a very small jar. Why not make your own? This is so easy with either home-grown lemons off your tree or from produce market purchased lemons. I use Meyer Lemons and also Eureka lemons which... - 43.8928
Nine Day Pickles
1) Wash the cucumber thoroughly in cold water.
2) Pack the cucumber in stone jars or sterilized jars.
3) In a bowl, make the brine but mixing pickling salt and boiling water.
4) Pour the water immediately over the cucumbers.
5) Let it cool, and... - 43.8442
Sliced Cucumber Pickles
1. In a large pan, combine boiling water and salt. Stir until all the salt dissolves.
2. Add the sliced cucumbers to the brine liquid.
3. Cover and let the cucumber stand in the brine for 3 days.
4. Pour off the brine and boil till it come to a... - 43.7966
Fresh Dill Pickles
Add the salt to the water.
Boil until the salt dissolves.
If you use the water when it is still hot, the pickles will be soft.
Wash the vegetables and drain them on paper towels.
In a gallon crock, alternate vegetables and dill.
Continue layering until... - 43.7091
Cucumbers Stuffed With Ham And Sour Pickles
1) Cut 1/2 inch off the tip of each cucumber, and then peel the cucumbers with a vegetable scraper or sharp knife.
2) Cut out the seeds and center pulp with a long iced-tea spoon, leaving a shell about 1/4 inch thick.
3) Pour 1/4 teaspoon of... - 43.6491
Mustard Pickles is a tasty and addictive pickle which brings together a lovely combination of flavors and texture. You will definitely love this Mustard Pickles recipe! Trust me! - 43.5972
Combine onions, cucumbers, cauliflowerets, green peppers, tomatoes and salt with enough water to cover in bowl.
Bring vegetable mixture to a boil in stockpot; drain.
Add turmeric, flour, sugar, celery salt, dry mustard and 6 cups... - 43.5001
Chop fine the medium-size cucumbers and onions and the red peppers, placing each in a separate bowl.
If desired, each may be ground in a food chopper using the medium blade.
Also place in separate bowls the gherkins, tiny onions and cauliflower... - 43.4691
Bread And Butter Pickles
1) Wash cucumber and slice them.
2) Slice onions 1/8 inch thick.
3) Wash peppers and cut into 1/4-inch strips.
4) In a bowl add ice water and stir in salt in it.
5) Pour water over vegetables and let stand 3 hours.
6) Drain well from... - 43.4558
1. Prepare the vegetables as per their kind, preferably cutting into 1/2 to 1 inch pieces.
2. In a pan, prepare brine by dissolving 4 ounces salt in 2 pints cold water.
3. Put the cut vegetables in brine,cover and let it stand... - 43.4175
1. Ready 3-4 preserve or coffee jars with tight fitting, vinegar proof lids. The jars should be clean and dry.
2. You can sterilize the jars by placing in a cool oven heated to 225°F/ 110°C/ Gas ¼
3. Finely chop the tomatoes reserving the... - 43.4041
Mixed Vegetable Pickle
1) Cut the cauliflower into florets and the slice the carrots into pieces of about 1/4 inch thick.
2) Mix the florets and slices and wash the vegetables, then cover them with fresh cold water for an hour.
3) Drain the vegetables well and leave... - 43.2867
Hot Lime Pickle
1.Wash the lime and cut into four halfway through.
2. Pound fenugreek seeds, cloves mustard seeds and cinnamon to a coarse powder.
3. In a bowl mix all the spices, salt and sugar.
4. Stuff this into the lime.
5. In a skillet heat oil... - 43.2116
1. Grind the vegetables in a mincer or food processor and add to a large pan.
2. Sprinkle the salt over the mixture and let stand overnight.
3. Drain the vegetable mixture in a colander and let stand a while before returning to the pan.... - 43.1972
Old Fashioned Cauliflower Pickles
Remove large leaves from cauliflower; break into flowerets.
Bring 4 quarts water to boiling in a large sauce pot.
Cover; remove from heat and let stand while preparing the vinegar mixture.
Put 1 1/2 quarts water into a large saucepan.
Add... - 43.121
Thai Pickled Carrots
1. In a bowl, toss carrots in salt.
2. Let the carrots sit for 1 hour; toss once or twice.
3. Drain well and return to the bowl.
4. In a small saucepan, blend vinegar and sugar.
5. Lightly crush dry red chilies and discard seeds.
6.... - 43.0904
Icicle Pickles 11 Day Pickles
First day: wash, dry, and cut cucumbers in half, lengthwise.
Put in a crock.
Dissolve the salt in the gallon of water and cover the cucumbers.
Add more brine in the same proportions if necessary.
Let stand 4 days.
The brine will ferment.
Fifth day: drain... - 43.0813
Thai Pickled Cucumbers
1. Cut the cucumber lengthwise into halves.
2. Chop them crosswise into 1/8-inch-thick slices.
3. In a bowl, toss cucumber in salt.
4. Let it stand for 1 hour; toss once or twice.
5. In a small saucepan, blend vinegar and sugar.
6.... - 43.0326
1) Wash the vegetables. Rinse under cold water. Drain and keep aside.
2) Quarter cucumbers and cut into 1-inch lengths.
3) Cut carrots into 1/2-inch pieces. Measure and keep aside.
4) Break cauliflower into small flowerets.
5) Remove seed from... - 43.0278
1) Skin tomatoes and cut into half.
2) Peel onions and slice thinly.
3) Transfer into a medium bowl.
4) Add salt over vegetables and let stand overnight.
5) Drain well.
6) In a pan mix cayenne, allspice, cloves, ginger, dry mustard,... - 43.0233
Mixed Vegetable Pickle
1. Wash the vegetables. Break the cauliflower into florets, cut the carrots into inch long pieces, peel and cut the turnips into thick slices. If you are using knol-kohl, peel and cut into thick cubes.
2. Tie the vegetables in a clean muslin cloth. Boil some... - 42.9796
1. Wash and dry cucumbers.
2. In a crock or jar, arrange the cucumbers.
3. In a saucepan, take water and salt.
4. Bring it to a boil. Keep it aside to cool.
5. Add vinegar, garlic, bay leaves, mustard seed and pickling spice.
6. Pour it over the... - 42.9685
1) Wash cucumbers or tomatoes. Slice medium thin.
2) Measure and put in stone crock or enamel container.
3) In a large bowl take first 2 gallons water and dissolve slaked lime in it.
4) Pour the mixture over cucumbers.
5) Using a glass... - 42.9464
1) Discard tough seeds from cucumbers.
2) Shred cucumbers with a knife or in a food processor bowl fitted with a shredding disc and empty the shredded cucumbers to a large mixing bowl when they each Fill Level.
3) Roughly chop the remaining... - 42.9328
1) Chop off the onion ends and remove the outer papery skins. Rinse thoroughly and drain the onions.
2) Completely dissolve half of the salt in 2 1/2 quarts of water. Put the brine and onions in a large china or earthenware bowl, cover and soak... - 42.8815
1) Skin cantaloupe, discard seed. Cut into 1-inch cubes.
2) Measure and put in crock or glass bowl. Mix coarse salt with 2 quarts of the water and pour it on the cantaloupe. Let stand for 24 hours in water.
3) Wash and drain cantaloupes.
4) Mix... - 42.874
Indian Mixed Vegetable Pickle
1. Wash the vegetables and cut into pieces of the desired size. Shell the peas. Tie them loosely in a thin muslin cloth and immerse in boiling water for 3-5 minutes for them to parboil. Remove from water, and spread on a thick sheet of cloth to dry. Dab them... - 42.8206
Sour Pickle And Vinegar Potatoes
1) Boil the potatoes in their skins for about 10 minutes (until a sharp knife easily penetrates till 1/2 inch)
2) Cool them slightly and after peeling, cut them lengthwise into slices about 1/2 inch thick
3) In a 10- or 12-inch skillet, cook the bacon... - 42.8061
Louella's Bread And Butter Pickles
Combine the cucumbers, onions, and peppers in a large bowl.
Sprinkle the salt over the mixture and add the water and ice cubes to cover.
Let stand for 3 hours, stirring several times.
In a large saucepan over high heat, combine the vinegar, sugar, turmeric,... - 42.7816
Hot Pepper Pear Relish
1) In a food grinder with a medium blade, grind the pears, peppers, dill pickles and onions together.
2) In a bowl, combine the pear mixture with salt and allow to stand overnight.
3) Next morning, drain off the liquid, cover the pear mixture with cold... - 42.7266
Pickle Recipes By Category