- » Piccalilli Mustard Pickle
Piccalilli Mustard Pickle Recipes
Enjoy our collection of piccalilli mustard pickle recipes submitted, reviewed and rated by ifood.tv community. Meet people who are looking for piccalilli mustard pickle recipes.
A deliciously tangy, spiced, crunchy collection of vegetables, cooked in vinegar commonly eaten with cold meats, cheese, bread, and so forth. A British take on Indian Pickle dating back many, many years! - 110.116
Aunt Vinnie's Piccalilli
Prepare the vegetables.
Chop finely or put through coarse blade of food chopper Put vegetables into large kettle; add vinegar, sugar, dry mustard, ginger, cinnamon, cloves, mace, and mustard seed, and red pepper (tied in cheesecloth).
Stir over medium heat... - 34.7512
1. Dice vegetables, layer in a bowl with the salt and leave for 12 hours.
2. Drain off all liquid.
3. Boil 450 ml/3/4 pint of the vinegar with the mustard seed, peppercorns, allspice, cloves and chillies for 4-5 minutes.
4. Strain, discarding the spices.
5.... - 39.1701
Mixed Vegetable Piccalilli
Spread the vegetables in a large, shallow dish and sprinkle over the salt.
Set aside for 24 hours, then drain off any liquid and rinse in cold running water.
Set aside to dry.
Mix the flour and mustard to a paste with a little of the vinegar.
Put the... - 35.176
Cut into small pieces a variety of vegetables such as cauliflower, cucumber, shallots and young kidney beans, weighing about 2 lb. in all when prepared.
Place in a large earthenware bowl and sprinkle with the cooking salt.
Leave to stand for 24 hr and then... - 31.3872
Green Tomatoes Piccalilli
Mix chopped tomatoes with salt and let stand 3 to 4 hours.
Place in a colander, and press out and discard the liquid.
Combine pulp with other vegetables; add mustard seed, vinegar and sugar.
Heat to boiling and pack into hot sterilized jars.
Makes 3 1/2... - 36.9712
Put the vegetables in a large bowl and sprinkle with the salt.
Leave for 4 hours, then drain well in a colander and discard the liquid.
Bring the vinegar to the boil in a large saucepan.
Add the vegetables and cover the pan.
Simmer for 15 minutes or until the... - 44.6778
Autumn Piccalilli With Pear
1. In a large bowl, mix together the vegetables, pears and salt with 2 liters of cold water. Cover the bowl with clean wrap and leave overnight to marinate.
2. Sterilize five 500mililiter preserve jars with vinegar proof lids by placing them in... - 45.3419
Place all ingredients in large kettle; mix well.
Cook slowly for 1 hour, stirring occa sionally.
Pour into hot sterilized jars; seal at once. - 31.3827
Aunt Delia's Piccalilli
1. Chop the tomatoes into small pieces and place in a bowl.
2. Sprinkle with salt, cover and keep overnight.
3. Drain the tomatoes.
4. Add chopped vegetables to it.
5. In a saucepan, combine the vinegar and sugar.
6. Place on a medium... - 45.0599
1. Clean, prepare and chop the vegetables into suitably sized pieces
2. Leave the onions whole and break the cauliflower into sprigs
3. In a bowl, make a solution of quarter pound of salt dissolved in two and a half pints pf water
4.... - 45.4937
Remove seeds from peppers.
Chop vegetables very fine.
Arrange vegetables in layers sprinkling each layer with salt and let stand overnight.
Drain and add remaining ingredients.
Cook until tender, stirring occasionally.
Pour into hot sterilized jars and... - 36.1484
1 Clean the vegetables.Cut the cucumber into 1 inch cubes:coarsely chop the peppers:peel the onions:break the cauliflower in to florets and cut the beans into 1 inch lengths.
2 Soak the vegetables in brine solution and leave overnight.
3... - 41.4065
1. Cut vegetables into small pieces. You should have 2 pounds prepared vegetables.
2. In a large ceramic or similar bowl, layer vegetables and salt. Leave for 24 hours, then rinse and drain.
3. Boil vinegar with chili peppers for 2 minutes.
4. Take off the... - 38.1083
1. Combine vegetables and salt; cover and let stand overnight.
2. Drain off as much liquid as possible, pressing through a clean, thin white cloth, if necessary.
3. Place cinnamon, cloves, and allspice in a cheesecloth bag.
4. Place vegetables, spice bag,... - 39.4767
1. Prepare the vegetables as per their kind, preferably cutting into 1/2 to 1 inch pieces.
2. In a pan, prepare brine by dissolving 4 ounces salt in 2 pints cold water.
3. Put the cut vegetables in brine,cover and let it stand... - 43.0852
Tomato Pepper Piccalilli
Mix vegetables and salt, and let stand overnight.
Drain and press out liquid.
Add vinegar and sugar.
Tie spice in a cheesecloth bag and add to mixture.
Bring to boil and simmer until mixture is clear and slightly thickened.
Pour to overflowing into hot... - 38.916
Place all ingredients in large kettle; mix well.
Cook for 1 hour gradually, stirring occasionally.
Pour into hot sterilized jars; seal at once. - 34.2493
Wash and prepare vegetables, add salt, and let stand overnight in large kettle.-Drain through cloth and press to remove all liquid, then combine with remaining ingredients in large kettle and simmer for,1 1/2 to 2 hours, or until thick, stirring-from time to... - 25.7795
Piccalilli Or Green Tomato Relish
Sprinkle salt over vegetables and mix thoroughly; let stand 3 to 4 hours.
Press to remove free liquid.
Add sugar, spices and horse radish to vinegar; simmer 15 minutes.
Add vegetables and bring to a boil.
Pack hot into hot jars, leaving... - 42.6984
1) In a mixing bowl, combine together dry ingredients with 6 tablespoons vinegar to form a thin cream.
2) Pour in rest of the vinegar.
3) Into a deep aluminium or stainless steel saucepan, pour the mixture and boil, stirring until it is thickened.
4)... - 40.8355
Wash and sterilize 6 (1-pint) jars and closures, stand them on baking sheet, and keep hot in a 250° F. oven until needed.
Put all vegetables through the medium blade of a meat grinder, then drain well.
Place in a very large enamel or stainless-steel kettle,... - 38.0941
Tartar Beef Casserole
1) Preheat oven to (190°C,375°F/Gas 5).
2) In a saucepan, place the rice.
3) In a cup, dissolve the cube in water and add to the rice.
4) Add herbs and pour in ½ cup water.
5) Place over heat and bring to a boil.
6) Cover the pan and... - 46.1668