- » Picadillo
Picadillo is a dish made with ground meat and other ingredients and traditionally served in almost all Latin American countries and popularly eaten in Philippines. In Filipino cuisine, this dish is commonly known as ... More »
Fun With Picadillo
It is time to get sexy with some Latin American flavors, papi! The Aimless Cook makes a batch of Picadillo. It's a Latin American favorite with ingredients that vary by region. You can serve picadillo with rice, as a taco filling or in his case, a filling for... - 133.724
Want to try a recipe that can be served over white rice, in taco, in burritos or even as pizza topping? This picadillo recipe is a simple ground beef dish and is one of Marie's family favorite dishes. The dish is easy and quick to make in a wok. A must try... - 130.959
Pink Bean Picadillo
1) Take the garlic cloves and slice them.
2) Cut the carrots into lengthwise and slice crosswise.
3) Take the pink beans and drain them. keep them in a big pan.
4) Add the sliced garlic ( around 4 cloves) along with carrots.
5) Add 2... - 47.0283
Chicken Picadillo Enchiladas
1) Preheat the oven to 350°F.
2) In a large nonstick skillet, saute the onion and bell pepper in the oil over medium heat for 5 minutes.
3) Stir in the tomatoes, olives, raisins, almonds, capers, thyme, ginger, and cinnamon, then stir... - 46.8689
1) Into a frying pan, pour in some oil and fry the beef
2) Chop the onions coarsely and add to the beef
3) Saute till the onions begins to soften
4) Drain the excess fat
5) Using the fingers, break up the tomatoes and add to the beef with vinegar,... - 46.829
Picadillo Round Steak
1) Remove all the excess fat from the steak.
2) Slice the steak into 1-inch pieces.
3) Spray a large skillet with cooking spray. Heat the skillet on medium flame.
4) Saute the steak pieces till they brown well on both sides.
5) Take the... - 45.6757
1) Wash the chick-peas under cold running water.
2) In a large, heavy saucepan, cover the chick-peas with enough water up to 7.5 cm (3 inches).
3) Cover the pan and slowly allow the liquid to come to a boil over medium-low heat.
4) Cook the... - 44.8548
Melt butter in a frying pan over medium heat.
Add pine nuts and cook, stirring, until lightly toasted.
Remove from pan and set aside.
Crumble ground beef in a frying pan over medium heat; add onion and garlic and cook, stirring, until meat is browned and... - 44.4275
Mexican Picadillo Stuffing
Melt lard in heavy large skillet over low heat.
Add onion, garlic and chilies.
Cover and set aside, stirring occasionally, 10 minutes.
Increase heat to medium high, add pork and saute until browned, breaking up with fork.
Reduce heat and stir in tomatoes,... - 44.0177
1) In a skillet, add 2 tablespoons olive oil to heat up.
2) Add ground beef, onion and garlic to brown.
3) Add next 8 ingredients and allow simmering for 20 minutes.
4) In a separate skillet, add 2 tablespoons olive oil to sauté almonds until golden... - 43.0646
Heat a large skillet and, when hot, add the olive oil.
Add the ground beef, crumbling as you put it in the skillet.
When lightly browned, add the onions, bell pepper, garlic, and all the spices.
Cook for 10 minutes, stirring often, and then add the... - 43.008
1. In a large skillet, melt the margarine, saute the garlic until brown and discard the garlic.
2. In the skillet with the remaining margarine saute the onion, green pepper and parsley until the vegetables are soft.
3. Then add the ground beef and... - 42.9586
Saute onion, green pepper, and garlic in hot oil in a large skillet.
Stir in ground beef.
Cook until beef loses its color, stirring to break up meat.
Drain off fat.
Stir in tomatoes, raisins, capers, wine, and olives.
Simmer for about 30... - 42.5378
Radiatore With Sweet & Spicy Picadillo Sauce
In large saucepot, prepare pasta in boiling salted water as label directs.
Meanwhile, in nonstick 12 inch skillet, heat olive oil over medium heat until hot.
Add onion and cook 5 minutes or until tender, stirring frequently.
Stir in garlic, cinnamon, and... - 42.4204
1) In a non-stick pan, cook meat until well-browned.
2) Stir in olives and remaining ingredients into the meat.
3) Put the lid on, lower the heat and simmer the meat mixture until well-blended for about 15 minutes.
4) Stream in onion and caper juice to... - 42.0826
1) In a large skillet, heat olive oil saute add onion and garlic until tender.
2) Fold in ground beef and cook until browned. Crumble it. Drain drippings.
3) Add the next 7 ingredients to the beef and mix well.
4) Simmer it uncovered for 20 to 25... - 41.7285
1. In a nonstick frying pan, brown the beef over medium heat and break it up with a wooden spoon.
2. When the meat turns brown, add the onions, peppers and the garlic and mix well. Cook the meat is done and the onions turn translucent
3. Drain the... - 40.9842
Chicken Picadillo Tacos
Coat a large nonstick skillet with cooking spray.
Place over medium heat until hot.
Add chicken, onion, sweet red pepper, and garlic; cook until chicken is browned, stirring frequenty.
Add tomato and next 7 ingredients.
Bring to a boil, reduce heat, and... - 40.538
Preheat oven to 350°F.
Spray bottom of ovenproof Dutch oven or heavy, wide saucepan with cooking spray and heat over high heat until hot.
Add pork and saute, stirring often, until browned, about 10 minutes.
Add onions and saute, stirring occasionally, until... - 40.5378
In a 2-quart casserole, combine the onions, peppers, garlic, and oil.
Microwave on high for 4 minutes.
Stir in the turkey.
Microwave on high for 2 minutes.
Stir to break up lumps.
Microwave on high for 3 minutes, or until the turkey is no longer pink.
While... - 40.2819
Picadillo Pumpkin In Shell
Cut the top off the pumpkin and reserve it.
Clean out the seeds and fiber.
In a large bowl, mix the remaining ingredients.
Set the pumpkin in a round casserole that will hold it upright.
Stuff the hollow with the meat mixture and cover it with the pumpkin... - 40.1345
In a wide frying pan, melt butter over medium heat; add meat and cook, stirring often, until meat loses pinkness.
Drain off excess fat.
Stir in garlic, tomato puree, raisins, sherry, cinnamon, salt, cloves, vinegar, and sugar.
Cook, uncovered, over medium... - 39.9381
Heat oil in a large skillet and brown the meat.
Add the onion and cook 5 minutes.
Add the remaining ingredients except the almonds.
Simmer about 45 minutes.
Add the almonds just before serving. - 39.9333
1) Combine the minced meat with onion, chili powder and garlic.
2) Season the mixture with salt and pepper to taste.
3) Make the 30... - 39.883
You'll simply love this Picadillo. A deadly combination of beef and herbs; I bet, you would love to prepare this Picadillo recipe again and again. - 39.8218
Beef And Bean Picadillo
Trim fat from steak; cut steak into 1-inch pieces.
Coat a Dutch oven with cooking spray; place over medium-high heat until hot.
Add steak; cook until browned on all sides, stirring frequently.
Drain and pat dry with paper towels.
Wipe drippings from pan with... - 39.6848
Picadillo Stuffed Chilies
1. Prepare Tomato Sauce.
2. Roast, peel, seed and devein chilies leaving stems intact and taking care not to break chilies.
3. Prepare Picadillo Filling.
4. Carefully spoon about 1/4 cup (60 mL) Filling into each chili; press chilies firmly between hands to... - 39.6397
Combine the raisins and 1/4 cup hot water and let stand for 15 minutes.
Saute the onion, garlic, green pepper and beef in oil, stirring until beef is browned.
Remove the garlic, then add the remaining ingredients.
Cover and simmer for 20 minutes.
Garnish with... - 38.0933
Heat olive oil in a large skillet; add onion and garlic, and saute until tender.
Add ground beef; cook over medium heat until browned, stirring to crumble.
Drain off pan drippings.
Add next 7 ingredients; stir well.
Simmer, uncovered, 20 to 25 minutes,... - 36.9679
1. Heat oil in large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion and garlic; cook and stir until tender. Add turkey; cook and stir until no longer pink.
2. Add tomatoes with liquid, raisins, Frank's RedHot Sauce, vinegar, oregano and cinnamon to turkey... - 36.916
Combine onion, garlic and water; let stand 10 minutes to soften.
In medium bowl combine turkey, cumin, salt, black and red peppers and allspice.
In large nonstick skillet heat oil until hot.
Add onion mixture; cook, stirring occasionally, about 3 minutes.
Add... - 36.351
Picadillo Filling For Chiles Rellenos
In a skillet brown the meat and add the onion and garlic.
Add the remaining ingredients except almonds.
Simmer 30 minutes.
Stuff the prepared chilies and proceed with the batter and frying. - 36.3055
1. Boil the beans in three cups of water two minutes. Cover and let stand overnight.
2. Add the ham hock and salt and simmer, covered, until the beans are tender, or about two hours. Add more water if necessary.
3. Brown the onion, green pepper and garlic in... - 35.8917
In a large saucepan, brown meat and onion in oil over high heat.
Drain off excess fat.
Add garlic, cinnamon, cumin and cloves.
Stir and cook 1 minute.
Add remaining ingredients and simmer, uncovered, 30 minutes. - 34.3025
Empanadas De Picadillo
Empanadas De Picadillo is an easy to prepare recipe which you will simply love. I bet, you will surely get a huge fan following for this one! - 34.174
In a large saucepan, brown beef.
Add water, garlic, salt and pepper.
Cover and simmer for 20 minutes; drain.
Add the next six ingredients; mix well.
Cover and simmer for 45 minutes, stirring occasionally. - 34.1066
Picadillo Stuffed Peppers
Picadillo stuffed peppers is a beef stuffed peppers recipe. Flavored with a medley of spices, the beef filling also has apples and raisins in it and almonds for a mildly sweet and nutty taste. Baked in the oven, they are best served warm and fresh as a side. - 34.0739
Picadillo is an easy to prepare side dish recipe which cannot just escape your guest's attention. Try this amazingly delicious Picadillo, you will surely love to talk about with us. - 33.7476
1. Preheat oven to 425°.
2. Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add crumbles and next 3 ingredients. Cook 3 to 4 minutes, stirring often. Add raisins and next 7 ingredients; cook 3 minutes.
3. Roll each crust to 1/8-inch thickness. Cut 9... - 33.6031
This Picadillo Salad is one of the best pork salads that I've ever known. Try these meat salad seasoned with almonds, onions, green peppers with pimento stuffed olives. Serve it hot or cold on spinach. If you want to know more about this Picadillo Salad... - 33.584
Heat a heavy 10 inch skillet over moderate heat for 30 seconds.
Add the ground beef and cook, stirring, until no longer pink 3 to 4 minutes.
Push the meat to one side of the skillet.
Add the onion and green pepper; cook, stirring, about 5 minutes.
Add the... - 33.3913
1 ln a 5 quart Dutch oven or large heavy saucepan, heat 2 teaspoons of the oil over moderate heat.
Add the onion and garlic and saute, stirring frequently, for 6 minutes or until the onion is golden.
Add the remaining 2 teaspoons of oil, the eggplant, red... - 33.279
Fry the onions, garlic, and pepper in the oil over a low flame until they are tender and golden.
Add the tomatoes and meat and stir briskly with a fork to break up the meat into tiny pieces so that it doesn't cook in lumps.
Add the olives, raisins, capers,... - 33.2626
In a large skillet cook meat, onion, and green pepper till meat is no longer pink and vegetables are tender.
Stir in undrained tomatoes, water, raisins, olives, chili powder, cumin, salt, and cinnamon.
Bring to boiling; stir in rice.
Reduce... - 33.0437
Tortillas With Picadillo Filling
In a wide frying pan over medium heat, crumble chorizo and ground beef.
Add onion to pan along with cinnamon, and cook, stirring often, until meat begins to brown.
Add raisins, olives, catsup, and water.
Simmer, uncovered, stirring occasionally, until most of... - 33.0376
Picadillo Stuffed Poblano Chilies
Roast and peel chiles as directed
Prepare Minted Salsa; keep warm.
Prepare Picadillo Filling and fill chiles equally with meat mixture.
Prepare Crispy Egg Coating.
Roll chiles in flour, shaking off excess.
Pour oil to a depth of 1 1/2 inches into a wide... - 32.9873
1. Crumble ground beef into 2-quart casserole; add onion and garlic. Cover loosely and microwave on high 5 to 6 minutes, breaking up beef and stirring after 3 minutes, until beef is no longer pink; drain.
2. Stir in raisins, salt, cinnamon and bell pepper.... - 32.8495
Picadillo Stuffed Peppers
1. Cut thin slice from top of each pepper. Chop enough pepper tops to make 1/2 cup; set aside. Remove and discard inner membranes and seeds from peppers. Place pepper shells in 2-quart microwave-safe casserole; add water. Cover with lid; microwave on high 5... - 32.527
In large saucepan cook beef, onion, and garlic till meat is browned.
Add water, vegetables, bay leaf,sugar, pepper, and 1 teaspoon salt.
Simmer, covered, till potatoes are tender, about 30 minutes. - 32.3648
Pull off and discard husks and stems from fresh tomatillos.
Rinse well and slice 1/4 inch thick.
Pour oil into a 12- to 14-inch frying pan over medium-high heat.
Add beef and cumin seeds and cook, stirring, until meat is no longer pink (5 minutes).
Add... - 32.2095
Brown ground beef with garlic and onions in skillet over medium heat, stirring until ground beef is crumbly; drain.
Add tomatoes, potatoes, cilantro, cumin, salt and pepper; mix well.
Simmer over medium-low heat for 20 to 25 minutes or until done to taste,... - 32.1874
Picadillo Mexican Hash
In 10-inch skillet cook ground beef, onion, and garlic till meat is brown and onion is tender.
Drain off excess fat.
Stir in remaining ingredients.
Cover; simmer 20 to 25 minutes. - 31.8312
Cover meat with water.
Add salt and pepper and simmer, covered, for 30 minutes.
Add remaining ingredients.
Simmer, covered, until potatoes are done, about 20 minutes. - 31.2288
1 Brown the meat over medium heat. After meat begins to cook and some of the fat begins to cook out, add the onion. Cook until onion is translucent. Drain off excess fat, if any.
2 Add all remaining ingredients except almonds. Simmer for about 30 minutes. Add... - 30.9464
1. Cook beef in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat until browned, and stir to crumble. Remove the beef from pan, and drain well.
2. Add oil to pan. Add onion and garlic,- saute 3 minutes. Add bell peppers and carrot,- saute 3 minutes. Return beef... - 30.9241
1 Saute onion, green pepper and garlic in oil in a large skillet or an electric slow cooker with a browning unit until soft; stir in tomatoes and sugar; simmer for 5 minutes.
Stir in diced beef.
2 Combine in slow cooker with beef broth, salt, bay leaf and... - 30.7474
Picadillo Pork Burritos
1. Place pork in a large bowl. Sprinkle with cumin, salt, and cinnamon; toss well.
2. Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add onion and garlic; cook 3 minutes; stir occasionally. Add pork mixture; cook 2 minutes, stirring often. Add salsa and... - 30.6286
Picadillo is an irresistible delicious non-vegetarian recipe. Try this Picadillo; I bet you will have a huge fan following among your friends and relatives. - 30.6203
Rinse chicken; pat dry.
Dust with flour and salt.
In large skillet, brown chicken skin side down in hot oil over medium heat, about 5 minutes; turn.
Add onion and garlic; cook 5 minutes more.
Add stewed tomatoes, tomato sauce, raisins, jalapenos, cumin an - 30.224
Beef Picadillo makes the best pick for those beef lovers. Potatoes and beef play the lead in this recipe of Beef Picadillo. Its quite a yummy brew, check out the recipe. - 30.141
1. Heat oil in 10-inch (25-cm) skillet over medium heat until hot. Add almonds; cook and stir until golden, 2 to 3 minutes. Remove with slotted spoon; drain on paper toweling.
2. Crumble beef into skillet; cook over medium heat, breaking up beef into small... - 30.0846
Cover the beef and pork with water and add the salt and pepper.
Simmer, covered, for 30 minutes, then add remaining ingredients.
Cook until potatoes are tender.
Remove the excess fat.
Serve in a chafing dish with corn chips. - 29.975
1. In a large non-reactive saucepan, cook chicken, onion, pepper, and garlic in oil over medium heat, stirring, until chicken is white and onion is softened and pale gold, about 10 minutes.
2. Add chili powder and cook, stirring, 2 minutes. Stir in salt,... - 29.8713
To meat base add vinegar, cinnamon, cloves, chile powder, raisins, chiles, olives, cumin and pepper.
Heat to boiling; reduce heat and simmer 10 minutes.
Freeze in portions suitable for your family's needs. - 29.5826
Make the picadillo: In a large heavy skillet cook the onion and the garlic in the oil over moderately low heat, stirring, until the onion is softened, add the pork, and cook the mixture over moderate heat, stirring and breaking up any lumps, until the por - 23.8466
In a large frying pan, with a lid, brown the ground beef and chopped onion; season with garlic salt and pepper.
Stir in prepared potatoes, petite diced tomatoes, and crushed red pepper.
Add enough water to cover all ingredients.
Simmer covered for 25-30... - 21.9868
Picadillo Recipes By Category