- » Pfeffernusse Anise
Pfeffernusse Anise Recipes
Enjoy our collection of pfeffernusse anise recipes submitted, reviewed and rated by ifood.tv community. Meet people who are looking for pfeffernusse anise recipes.
Literally translated from German, the name Pfeffernüsse means pepper nuts! These cookies bring together some varied flavors including pepper and anise! Traditionally prepared during Christmas, these are a great snack. Remembner to plan ahead when making... - 52.762
Heat oven to 350°
Mix shortening, sugar, egg, molasses, and anise mixture.
Measure flour by dipping method or by sifting.
Blend dry ingredients; mix in gradually with hands.
Knead dough until right consistency for molding.
If dough seems too soft,... - 38.3723
Heat the honey in a 4-quart saucepan just until thin and hot (do not boil).
Stir in the butter; cool to lukewarm.
Beat the egg into the honey mixture.
Sift the flour with the salt, baking powder, baking soda, nutmeg, allspice, cardamom, and pepper.
Blend in... - 45.7194
1. In a large bowl, beat brown sugar, butter, molasses, vanilla, and anise extract with an electric mixer on medium speed until well blended.
2. Whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda, ginger, cinnamon, cloves, and salt. Beat into butter mixture... - 35.1902
The Non Traditional Pfeffernusse
1. Collect and measure the required ingredients.
2. Into a large basin, sift together the flour with baking soda, salt and all the spices. Set aside until required.
3. Line 2-3 baking sheets with wax paper.
4. Preheat the oven to 350°F before... - 47.5741
Cream sugar, butter and eggs.
Add syrup and sour cream.
Start with 2 cups of flour, sifted with other dry ingredients; add to creamed mixture.
Add sufficient flour to make stiff dough.
These are better if dough is chilled over night.
Take small amount of... - 43.8413
Mix and sift flour, soda, salt, and spices; stir in seeds, then orange peel and citron which have been put through coarse blade of food chopper.
Work butter with a spoon until fluffy and creamy.
Then add the powdered sugar.
Add well-beaten egg yolks and lemon... - 44.1969
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
2. Sieve flour, soda, salt and spices and put seeds, citron and orange peel in the mixture.
3. Combine butter and sugar.
4. Whisk egg yolks and put in the butter mixture along with lemon peel.
5. Add... - 47.0002
1. Preheat an oven at 162.55C (325F).
2. Place parchment paper/ wax paper on 2 15 inch x 10 inch baking dishes/ trays.
3. In a medium sized bowl, combine all the dry ingredients and sieve. Keep aside.
4. In a medium sized bowl, combine... - 48.1102
1. Sift flour, cinnamon, baking soda, salt, nutmeg, cloves and pepper into a medium-size bowl; stir in anise seeds, cardamom, citron and orange rind until well mixed.
2. Beat butter or margarine and 1 cup of the 10X sugar until well mixed in medium-size bowl... - 37.4786
Make several days ahead:
1. Sift flour with baking soda, salt, cinnamon, cloves, nutmeg, and pepper. Add cardamom, anise seeds, orange peel, and citron. Toss to coat well with flour.
2. In large bowl, with mixer at high speed, mix butter with granulated... - 41.5002
1. Sift flour, cinnamon, baking soda, salt, nutmeg, cloves and pepper into large bowl; stir in anise, cardamom, citron and orange peel.
2. Cream the butter or margarine and 1 cup of 10X sugar till well mixed in medium-size bowl. (Reserve the remaining 10X... - 32.967