- » Petit Four
Petit Four Recipes
Petit four is the name given to a miniature cake, which can be made in a rich variation of flavors and creative decorations. Petit fours are considered very simple to make desserts and are regarded elegant little ... More »
Petit Four Glace Part 1 - Preparation
Have a little bridal shower, a tea party or an elegant luncheon that you are hosting? Then petit fours are thing to serve to cater to the occasion! Part 1 of the video is get the batter ready. Watch part 2 of the video to see how the cake is baked! - 82.9965
Petit Four Glace Part 2 - Baking
Part 2 of the video is getting the cake baked and then cutting into squares getting them ready to be frosted. Part 3 of the video is getting the frosting ready, so stay tuned! - 81.7678
Petit Four Glace Part 3 - Frosting
Part 3 of the video is getting the fondant ready to cover the cakes and then getting the cakes ready to be as pretty as a picture! See the video to know how to get these little cakes beautified! - 81.9577
Petits Fours Frosting
Petits Fours Frosting has an Out of this world taste. Petits Fours Frosting gets its desired taste from corn syrup mixed with vanilla extract. Petits Fours Frosting is used by many bakeries to make tasty cakes. - 18.8416
Petits Fours Icing
Cook sugar, cream of tartar and hot water to thin syrup (226°).
Cool to lukewarm (110°).
Stir in sifted confectioners' sugar till frosting is of consistency to pour.
Tint frosting with food coloring.
Frosts 1 ' recipe of Petits Fours. - 27.0436
Petits Fours Icing
Would you like to try a frosting recipe that is too simple, both in the ingredients involved and preparation then this Petits Fours Icing is a must try! Made with ingredients that is readily available in your kitchen cabinet, this Petits Fours Icing is also... - 33.8889
A reminder of the bygone era, Petits Fours are best served for an afternoon tea or high tea. It is best accompanied by a hot cup of Darjeeling or Earl Grey tea!! Enjoy!! - 44.9513
Petits Fours Frosting
This Petits Fours Frosting is a great way for snacking mid-way between meals. It's so simple to make this Petits Fours Frosting and needless to say, it even tastes awesome! - 30.529
Iced Petits Fours
1. Preheat oven to 375°F.
2. Take a 10 X 6 X 1 inch rectangular pan, grease well with butter and line the bottom.
3. Take a pan, place on low heat, melt butter. Take off from heat and keep aside for 3 to 4 minutes.
4. Sieve in flour... - 48.4558
Ghostly Petit Fours With Mallow Frosting
Heat oven to 350°F.
Grease and flour 15x10-inch jelly roll pan.
Prepare cake mix according to package directions.
Pour batter into prepared pan.
Bake at 350°F. for 20 to 30 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean; cool.
Freeze cake 1... - 43.9266
Petits Fours Icing
Combine ingredients in top of double boiler and heat over boiling water just to lukewarm.
Remove from heat, leaving icing over hot water to keep it thin.
If desired, tint parts of icing delicate pastel colors with food color.
If necessary, add hot water, just... - 22.3125
Boil in a saucepan a large glassful of water, a small pinch of salt, 2 tablespodnfuls of caster sugar and 6 tablespoonfuls of butter.
As soon as the liquid begins to bubble, add 5 oz.
of sifted flour, and stir it well in over a gentle heat with a wooden... - 25.3919
Petit fours are vanilla flavored cakes baked with flour and eggs. Baked along with milk, shortening, sugar with melted fondant topping, the petit fours can be decorated and served as desired. - 46.2177
Ice Cream Petits Fours
1) Take a shallow baking pan and line it with waxed paper. Place the pan in the freezer and let chill.
2) Take the frozen ice cream out from the freezer, a pint at a time. Immediately, unwrap them, slice into long halves and cut each half... - 33.0513
Almond Petit Fours
Cream butter and shortening thoroughly.
Gradually add 1 cup sugar, and cream together until light and fluffy.
Sift together flour, baking powder, and salt; add to creamed mixture alternately with milk, beating after each addition.
Beat egg... - 40.4806
Iced Petit Fours
Cut the cake into dainty decorative shapes of your choice e.g. rectangular, rhombus, round etc.
Ice tops for some cakes and all over for other cakes using coloured glace icing.
Decorate on top with attractive shapes of cherries, nuts, crystallised rose or... - 27.8597
Chocolate Almond Petit Fours
Crumble the swiss rolls into a large bowl.
Add the almonds, cocoa powder and the two essences.
Separate the egg, then add the yolk to the mixture.
Mix the ingredients well together until it is smooth and creamy.
You may need the milk if it is too dry.
Roll... - 40.7793
1) Preheat the oven at 325 degrees for few minutes.
2) Take a jelly-roll pan and grease it.
3) Making the cake: take the butter and cream cheese in a bowl and beat them to make the mixture fluffy.
4) Add sugar, vanilla and salt. Beat... - 46.4812
Almond Filled Petits Fours
1. Prepare pound-cake mix as label directs; pour batter into greased 15 1/2".by lO'/fe" jelly-roll pan. Bake cake 40 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center of cake comes out clean. Cool cake in pan on wire rack 10 minutes. Invert cake from pan onto... - 33.5234
Petits Fours Frosting
1. Prepare a mixture of cream of tartar, water and sugar and cook on direct heat or at 226°F to form a thin syrup. Stir till sugar dissolves. Take off from heat and transfer to the top of a double broiler. Allow to cool to a lukewarm temperature and... - 32.5234
Almond Petits Fours
1. Preheat oven to 350°F before baking.
2. Take 2 to 3 baking sheets and using cooking parchment, line them.
3. Take a deep bowl, beat in eggs to a stiff mixture. Gently fold in almonds along with sugar and few almond extract drops.
4.... - 40.3828
Petits Fours A La Ritz
Add flour into a bowl.
Using a pastry blender or 2 knives, cut in butter until evenly distributed and mixture resembles breadcrumbs.
With a fork, lightly mix in sugar, egg and enough ice water to make a dough.
Press into a ball and wrap in... - 39.2556
Classical Petits Fours
Line one 14x11 inch (36x28-cm) cake pan with waxed paper; grease paper.
Preheat oven to 425°F (220°C).
To make cake, beat 6 egg yolks, almonds, lemon peel and half the sugar in a large bowl until pale and creamy.
Beat egg whites until stiff; fold in... - 43.5601
Pastel Icing For Petits Fours
Heat jelly in small saucepan until melted.
Remove from heat, and stir in enough sugar to make smooth, runny consistency.
Add coloring for a pretty shade.
Have ready your little petits fours; cut in squares or diamonds about 1-inch thick.
Put 1 small cake on... - 27.5452
Basic Petits Fours
Prepare cake; bake in jelly-roll pan according to instructions.
Cut into rounds with wet 1-inch cutter.
Keep cake rounds covered to keep from drying out.
Butter cream and icing can be divided and flavored with various liqueurs and tinted as desired, or one... - 32.4499
Gold Petits-fours Cake
.1 Preheat oven to 350F.
Grease well and flour an 1 l-by-7-by- 1-1/2-inch baking pan.
Into large bowl of electric mixer, sift flour with sugar, baking powder, and salt.
Add shortening, milk, and vanilla.
At low speed, beat 30 seconds, scraping side of bowl... - 38.9093
1) Preheat oven moderate to 375°F, 180°C or Gas No. 5.
2) On a square of paper sieve the flour and baking powder. Keep aside.
3) In a mixing bowl put the butter and cream until soft.
4) Add sieved icing sugar and beat until creamy.
5)... - 41.6394
Cream butter and shortening thoroughly.
Gradually add 1 cup sugar, and cream together till light and fluffy.
Sift together flour, baking powder, and salt: add to creamed mixture alternately with milk, beating till smooth after each... - 44.0827
Pink And White Petits Fours
Preheat oven to 350F.
Lightly grease and flour a 15-1/2-by-10-l/2-by-l-inch jelly-roll pan.
Prepare both packages of poundcake mix as package label directs, using 4 eggs and liquid called for.
Turn into prepared pan.
Bake 30 to 35 minutes, or until top... - 32.1658
Preheat oven to 350°F.
Butter and flour 2 8 X 8 X 2-inch pans.
In a small saucepan, melt butter.
Set aside to cool slightly.
In a large bowl, beat together egg yolks, honey, and vanilla for 5 minutes.
In a medium-size bowl, sift together whole wheat pastry... - 39.7027
Pretty Petit Fours
In a large mixing bowl, cream the butter, shortening and sugar.
Beat in vanilla.
Combine the flour, baking powder and salt; add to creamed mixture alternately with milk.
In a small mixing bowl, beat egg whites until soft peaks form; gently fold into... - 46.0489
Apricot Petit Fours
1. Grease a 15x10x1-inch jelly roll pan; line bottom with wax paper; grease paper.
2. Sift cake flour, 1 cup of the sugar, baking powder and salt into large bowl of electric mixer.
3. Beat egg whites until foamy-white and double in volume in small bowl of... - 40.1269
Party Petits Fours
1) Preheat the oven to 350°F.
2) Lightly grease a 15X10X 1-inch baking pan, and line with wax paper; grease paper.
3) In a bowl, sift cake flour, 1 cup of the sugar, baking powder, and salt.
4) In a medium bowl, beat the egg whites... - 44.5044
Heat oven to 300 degrees.
Grease and flour a 13 X 9 1/2 X 2-inch pan.
Beat butter with electric mixer in large mixer bowl until creamy.
Start adding sugar gradually, beating well after each addition and continuing beating until mixture is fluffy.
Add eggs,... - 40.7306
Cheesecake Petit Fours
Preheat oven to 375°F.
Combine graham cracker crumbs, butter, and sugar.
Divide between 2 Reynolds Redi-Pan square cake pans; press onto bottom of pans.
Bake 4 to 5 minutes.
Combine cream cheese, sugar, lemon juice, and peel; mix at medium speed.
Beat in... - 45.2686
Iced Petit Fours
Prepare 2 quantities Sponge Cake batter and divide between 3 greased and lined jelly roll pans.
Bake at 425°F (220°C) for 10-12 minutes.
Remove cakes from pans while still warm.
Turn out onto clean wax paper, removing paper lining.
Carefully halve each cake... - 42.2308
Cut neat shapes of Genoese pastry squares, rings, triangles, etc.
Using apricot marmalade, fasten a small piece of almond paste or some butter icing mixed with cake-crumbs and flavoured with vanilla, kirsch, rum, etc., neatly on top of each piece of Genoese... - 23.1802
Cherry-top Petits Fours
Whisk egg whites very stiffly and fold in mixed almonds and sugar very lightly, with the almond essence.
Place the mixture in a forcing bag fitted with a large rose vegetable pipe and force it on to rice paper in rosettes or oblongs.
Decorate with small... - 29.2925
Two For Tea Petits Fours
1. Preheat oven to 350°. Lightly coat 8 X 8 X 2-inch square baking pan with nonstick cooking spray.
2. Make cake: Into medium bowl, crumble almond paste. Add granulated sugar and 1 egg yolk and stir until uniform paste forms. Stir in second egg yolk, canola... - 35.957
Chocolate Glaze For Petits Fours
Melt chocolate and shortening together.
Add icing sugar, salt and vanilla, then boiling water gradually.
Set over hot, not boiling water.
Brush any crumbs off the small cakes before frosting.
Hold each on a fork, and with a small spoon spread top... - 33.0436
Measure butter, granulated sugar, and salt into large bowl.
With electric mixer at medium speed, beat until mixture is light—this will take about 3 minutes.
Add egg yolks, cream, and vanilla.
Beat until the mixture is fluffy—2 minutes.
Gradually add... - 38.1414
Petite Philly Pinwheels
Separate dough into four rectangles; firmly press perforations to seal.
Spread with cream cheese; sprinkle with ham and olives, pressing lightly.
Roll up, starting at short end; seal edges.
Cut each roll into four slices.
Place, cut-side down, on ungreased... - 25.0908
Petite Crab Quiches
Soften cream cheese and margarine; add flour.
Chill for 1 hour.
Shape into twenty-four 1-inch balls.
Press into small muffin tins.
Bake for 5 minutes in 350- degree oven.
Combine egg, cream, Parmesan cheese, crab meat and salt.
Pour mixture into muffin... - 37.4506
Place a pecan half in bottom of petit four cup.
Place petit four cup into small nut cup or mini muffin tin.
(This is to keep the petit four cup in shape.) Combine cold water and gelatin in saucepan; allow to rest for 5 minutes.
Cook and stir over medium heat... - 39.2397
Pour boiling water over the dates.
Allow to plump for 10 minutes.
Drain and dry dates thoroughly.
Place each date in a decorative petit-four case.
Arrange on a small dessert plate. - 22.6241
Tinted Butter Frosting
Cream butter with extract.
Alternately add confectioners' sugar and cream, blending thoroughly after each addition.
Tint as desired with a drop or two of food coloring.
Use for decorating petits fours and other small cakes. - 24.1583
Chocolate Cake Crumb Truffles
Place cake crumbs, ground almonds, melted chocolate and orange rind in a bowl.
Bind together with the rum or milk.
Divide mixture into 20 portions, roll into balls.
Toss 10 truffles in chocolate vermicelli and the other 10 in sieved icing sugar.
Place... - 27.9891
Break up the chocolate and place in a heatproof bowl over a pan of hot water, heat until melted.
Remove from heat and beat in the butter and ground and crushed flaked almonds.
Place the mixture in the fridge for about 30 mins.
Form into twenty clusters, place... - 21.3823
1. Divide the almond paste into 3 equal-sized pieces. Leave one third plain and knead a few drops of green food colouring into another third and a few drops of pink food colouring into the remainder.
2. Roll out each piece of almond paste into a 15 cm/6 in... - 17.6152
These delicious petits fours may be flavoured with vanilla, or with orange-flower water, or with almond essence.
In an earthenware bowl, cream 3 oz.
of softened butter with 5 02.
of caster sugar.
Fold in gradually 2 very stiffly-beaten whites of egg, then 2... - 22.4842
Rum And Almond Truffles
Rum And Almond Truffles is something you need to try ou t. if all the ingredients are ready at home, you can prepare this Rum And Almond Truffles in a jiffy. Try it! - 25.062
Wash and dry the apricots then chop very finely.
To the melted butter add the water, sugar and lemon juice in a non stick pan.
Heat until the sugar has dissolved completely, stirring all the time.
Boil until the mixture has reached the soft ball stage.
Remove... - 36.1004
1. Break up the chocolate and place in a bowl over a pan of hot, but not boiling, water. Leave until melted. (Alternatively, place the chocolate in a bowl in a microwave oven and melt on DEFROST.) Stir in the butter.
2. Mix the egg powder, water and rum to a... - 21.6614
Quick Glace Icing
Place all ingredients except food coloring in the top of a double boiler over simmering water and heat, stirring, until sugar dissolves and mixture is smooth.
Do not allow water underneath to boil or icing will not be glossy.
Tint with food coloring as... - 26.6342
Place the cake ingredients in a mixing bowl and beat vigorously until thoroughly blended.
Arrange 24 petits fours cases on a baking sheet and fill each one two-thirds full with mixture.
Bake in a preheated oven for 15 minutes.
Cool on a wire rack.
Divide the... - 37.6652
Liqueur Rum Truffles
Liqueur Rum Truffles has a Matchless taste. The rum and grated dark chocolate gives the Liqueur Rum Truffles Luxurious taste. - 30.1287
Mince Pies is a sumptuous dessert that is simply irresistible. this fruit dessert offers your taste buds an explosive taste and texture of the crisp pastry and tangy fruit mincemeat! Try this crisp pastry and tangy fruit mincemeat. You will love it. - 44.504
Line baking sheet with waxed paper; set aside.
Melt chips with whipping cream and butter in heavy, medium saucepan over low heat, stirring occasionally.
Pour into pie pan.
Refrigerate until mixture is fudgy, but soft, about 2 hours.
Shape about 1... - 28.6855
Chocolate Glace Icing
Break the chocolate into small pieces, put into a small bowl over a bowl of warm water and allow to dissolve.
Add the sieved icing sugar and water, stir until well mixed and smooth.
Use as required.
To apply Glace Icing, place cakes on a wire cooling tray... - 29.0406
Place about 50 petits fours cases on one large baking sheet, or on two smaller baking sheets.
Put the butter, sugar, eggs and self-rising flour into a mixing bowl and beat well together for about 2 minutes, until well blended and smooth.
Put the cake batter... - 36.2435
1. Place half the chocolate in a bowl over a pan of hot, but not boiling water and stir occasionally until melted. (Alternatively, place the bowl in a microwave oven on the DEFROST setting until the chocolate has melted.)
2. Using the handle of a teaspoon,... - 25.0689
1. Prepare a bain-marie or double boiler. To do so, fill a large stock pot or saucepan with 3 inches of water and simmer on low flame.
2. In a medium bowl, sieve the sugar and cocoa together. Stir to blend.
3. In a basin or saucepan,... - 40.9898
Peanut Butter Bon Bons
1. Grease a baking tray with oil or line it with butter paper.
2. Prepare a double boiler. Place a large pot filled with 3 inches of water, on a low flame.
3. In a medium mixing bowl, combine sugar and peanut butter. Add the raisins and... - 41.3269
1. Grease a 9 inch square tin and dust with sugar.
2. In a large mixing bowl, combine all the filling ingredients and mix well.
3. Dust a clean work surface with icing sugar or corn starch.
4. Divide the marzipan into equal halves and... - 46.7759
Syrup For Caramel
1. Grease a baking tray with oil or line it with butter paper.
2. Prepare fruit to be coated with caramel. Make sure fruit is free of moisture.
3. In a heavy bottom saucepan, combine sugar and hot water.
4. Place pan on a medium flame... - 36.1652
1. In a mixing bowl, combine wafer crumbs, walnuts and sugar.
2. Drizzle the honey and stir in the beer, a little at a time and just enough to wet and bind the mixture into a dough.
3. Use a rounded tablespoon to divide and shape the mixture into... - 39.4371
1. Take a heavy-bottomed pan, add water and sugar.
2. Place on low heat and without boiling, dissolve sugar to form a syrup.
3. Dip a brush in cold water and use it to wipe the pan sides at syrup level to avoid crystallization of the syrup.
4.... - 29.0723
Chilled Orange Soufflé
1 Using a sharp knife, slice off the tops of oranges.
2 Scoop out the pulp and pith just enough to leave a firm shell. Keep the pulp aside.
3 In a bowl, add egg yolks, sugar and grand marnier. Beat throughly until smooth.
4 Gradually fold in... - 40.9765
French Chocolate Balls
1. Grease a baking sheet or line it with wax paper.
2. In a 1 ½ quart microwave proof bowl, empty chocolate chips.
3. Place in the microwave and melt, for 2 to 3 minutes, stirring frequently.
4. Stir remaining ingredients into the... - 42.9201
1. Take a medium heatproof bowl and put the chocolate in it.
2. Place in the microwave for 2 1/2 minutes on high temperature.
3. Add small pieces of the butter, the fine madeira cake crumbs, double cream, egg yolk and Cognac.
4. Take a food processor... - 39.5159
Homemade Glazing Or Poured Fondant
This video is to supplement the Napoleon and Petits Fours videos. It is just a outlet for these new recipes. Hope this helps everybody out who has been asking for an easy to make homemade glazing fondant recipe. Remember to visit www.TheAubergineChef.com to... - 97.7775
Rum And Chocolate Truffles
1. Using cake such as madeira or Victoria sponge, rub between your hands to form breadcrumb-like cake crumbs.
2. In a clean bowl, whisk together the butter and caster sugar until the mixture becomes light and fluffy and pale in color.... - 79.079
Coffee And Walnut Butterfly
Coffee And Walnut Butterflies is another hot favorite of mine and packs in the richness of walnuts, brandy and cream cheese. The Coffee And Walnut Butterflies is powered enough to add a royale touch to your party menu. Just check out the recipe of the rich... - 45.3197
Continental Chocolate Squares
Continental Chocolate Squares has a Superb taste. The cocoa and Vanilla gives the Continental Chocolate Squares Two Dimensional taste. - 38.793
1. Prepare a double boiler. Place a small saucepan filled with 3 inches of water on a low flame and allow the water to simmer.
2. Place a basin over the saucepan such that it fits tightly on saucepan but does not come in contact with the... - 39.7809
Summer Fruit Tartlets
Summer Fruit Tartlets - this sweet pastry is quite a treat. The flavors of butter, berries and sweet seasonings make this Summer Fruit Tartlets taste yum. Just check out the recipe of the sweet and juicy Summer Fruit Tartlets listed here. - 43.3845
1) Rest the shortcut pastry for about 30 minutes in the refrigerator.
2) Lightly grease a bun tin with a touch of butter.
3) Break an egg into a small jug or cup and beat well.
4) Pre-heat the oven to 175°C (Gas Mark 3).
5) Lightly... - 80.7074
Chocolate Peppermint Squares
1. Preheat the oven to 325°F, 160°C
2. Grease an 8 inch square baking tin with oil, butter or baking spray.
3. Line the tin with a grease proof paper.
4. In a large mixing bowl, use an electric beater or wire whisk to cream the... - 46.736
Wine And Cheese Pairing
If you have been waiting to try wine with cheese, here is an interesting video which will encourage you to do the same. Look out for some cheeses from different regions and taste them with some great wines with the host. - 17.8377
Mixed Grill Platter
There is nothing complicated about cooking a mixed grill, but it does require your undivided attention until it goes to the table. A mixed grill offers your guests a selection of meats, allowing them to enjoy some of everything or just one or two favourites.... - 124.272
Homemade Pie Crust
If your family loves pie, it is first important to get the crust right. This recipe video guides you through the ingredients and the delicate and critical processes which help you get the Homemade Pie Crust just right! Watch this video for more details! - 121.799
Cold Cream Of Pea Soup With Mint
1. In a large saucepan, heat oil over a medium flame.
2. When the oil is sufficiently hot, add onion and sauté for 2 minutes.
3. Stir in the stock and salt and bring the mixture to a boil over high heat.
4. Reserve a few mint leaves for garnish and... - 44.2332
If you like chicken juicy and spicy particularly with tomatoes and a great side, this is the recipe you cannot afford to miss. Check out Chef Stacy making the bruschetta using tomatoes and flavorings and baking it spreaded on the chicken and then roasting... - 114.794
Petit Four Recipes By Category