- » Persian
Enjoy our collection of persian recipes submitted, reviewed and rated by ifood.tv community. Meet people who are looking for persian recipes.
Zereshk Polo Ba Morgh
1. Trim the chicken breast of excess fat, dice the onions, peel the garlic, and keep everything aside.
2. In a large bowl soak the rice in hot water along with salt for 2-3 hours.
3. In a medium pot combine the chicken, onion, oil,... - 141.209
This is a wonderful stew made with walnuts, pomegranate molasses and meatballs. You can also make Khoresht Fesenjan with chicken or duck for elegant gatherings - 129.245
Showing you how to make Khoresht qeymeh. This is very delicious and one of my favorite Persian dishes! - 127.794
Pancake Recipe Farsi Persian
What can be more delicious than a buttermilk pancake for breakfast. Easy to make and simple, this pancake is definitely worth a try. Watch the video for more. - 127.719
Loobia Lubia Salad (bean Salad)
If salads are your favorite foods, do try this one also. Persian bean salad also known as loobia lubia, this salad is made by simple ingredients. Ready in no time, it is delicious and healthy too. - 127.509
How to make a Persian dish called Khoresht Bademjan made with Italian eggplants,tomatoes and beef. - 126.971
Persian/Iranian dish loobia polow, which is made with basmati rice, green beans and meat. - 126.962
Showing you how to make a Persian soup called Ash-e Jo. - 126.795
Kashk Bademjan (kashk Bademjoon) Eggplant Dip
Have you heard of an eggplant spread? If not, watch this video about the same. Also known as Kashk Bademjaan, this is a popular side dish in Persian cuisine. Flavored with walnuts and mint, this is a must try. - 126.758
Traditional Persian rice called Kalam Polow. - 126.371
Khoresht Ghormeh Sabzi
How to prepare khoresht ghormeh sabzi, also known as fresh herb stew. A delicious savory and tart Persian dish. - 125.342
Yogurt Soup (ash E Mast Soup)
How to make yogurt soup or ashe mast or ash mast at home in easy steps. Yogurt soup or ash e mast can be made in variety styles in different regions. - 125.096
A good tutorial on how to make kashk bademjan at home. This is a Persian treat, that is usually served as an appetizer. The main ingredients are eggplant, onion, garlic and kashk (which you can find in most Middle Eastern markets). - 125.06
Kalam Polo Cabbage (rice)
How to make kalam polo (kalampolo), cabbage and rice at home in easy steps. Kalam polo is a persian iranian traditional recipe. It's main ingredients are cabbage and rice. - 124.808
Khoresht Gheymeh Or Gheimeh (split Yellow Peas) Stew
Khoresht Gheymeh is a very popular stew made in the Persian cuisine. In Persian cuisines, there are many different varieties of Khoresht with many unique ingredients. The usage of saffron gives a distinctive and fragrant taste. - 124.783
Shole Zard (persian Iranian Food)
If you have a craving for sweet food, then this dish is definitely not to be missed. Learn from this video how to make sweet saffron rice. These rice are loaded with almonds and can be prepared for any special occasion. - 124.636
Cupcake (cake Yazdi) Iranian Cupcake
How to make cupcake (cake yazdi or keyk yazdi) in easy steps. Iranian Cupcake and the most famous one is from a province called Yazd. - 123.723
Khoresht Mast Esfahani (beef Yogurt)
How to make khoresht e mast esfahani (beef yogurt) at home in easy steps. Khoresht e mast esfahani (beef yogurt) is served as dessert. - 122.962
1. Dice the onions and peel the garlic, set it aside.
2. Wash and boil the potatoes and carrots until fork tender, drain and set aside.
3. Place the meat on a saran wrap and make small slits in the meat and stuff it with garlic cloves, continue... - 119.762
Kaleh Joosh (kalejoosh)
How to make kaleh joosh at home in easy steps. Kaleh joosh or kalejoosh a kashk recipe. - 119.51
Okra Stew Khoresht Bamieh
If you are keen to have some traditional Persian dish, try Okra Meat stew which is also known as Khoresh Bamieh. This delicious dish can be relished as a stew or can be enjoyed over rice. - 119.294
1. Wash and clean the rice 3-4 times in lukewarm water.
2. In a large pot, combine rice, water, yogurt and salt to taste, stir and add the oil.
3. Turn heat to medium high, cover and cook for 15-20 minutes, cover with a cracked lid... - 118.66
Ash Reshteh (ashereshsteh) Iranian Persian Food
If you are fond of soups and want to try something different, try this Ash Reshteh or Persian Noodle Soup. Made by combining greens, peas and onion, this dish is flavorful and can be savored as an appetizer or a complete meal. Try it out today! - 117.545
1. Dice the onions, mince the garlic, and keep it in separate bowls.
2. Boil, peel and dice the potatoes also dice the hard boiled eggs and pickles, set it aside separately.
3. Clean and cut the celery, carrots into thin strips, roughly chop the... - 117.36
Persian Shevid Baghali Polow Ba Goosht-e
1. Wash the rice 3-4 times with water; soak the rice for 2 hours in hot water. Add salt to the water.
2. Dice the onions, slice the garlic and red and yellow pepper, and keep it aside until needed.
3. Peel and halved the fava beans, set... - 116.953
Persian Khoresht Fesenjan
Khoresht Fesenjan is a wonderful Persian stew made with walnuts, pomegranate molasses and meatballs. You can also make Khoresht Fesenjan with chicken or duck for elegant gatherings. Watch and learn this exotic dish as Marki prepares it in this video. And as... - 116.85
1. In a pot of water boil the potatoes until fork tender and once done peel and grate the boiled potatoes and set aside.
2. Grate the onions; mince the garlic, set aside.
3. In a large mixing bowl combine turkey, potato, onions, turmeric, lemon... - 116.68
Persian Khoresht Qeymeh
The Khoresht Qeymeh is a delicious Persian classic dish. This flavorsome dish comes packed with lot of protein. It can be served with a variety of other side dishes. Watch and learn the recipe from Marki in this video. Enjoy! - 116.529
Basmati Rice (persian Rice Polow)
How to make Basmati rice (persian rice) polo or polow at home in easy steps. There are several varieties of basmati rice and also several ways to cook basmati rice. In this video you'll learn the persian famous basmati rice recipe. Basmati rice have been the... - 115.601
Ghormeh Sabzi Stew (khoresht) Persian Iranian Food
For all stew lovers out there, her is a video which has an amazing recipe of Persian herb stew. Also known as Ghormeh Sabzi, this stew is amazingly delightful with flavors of meat ad veggies. Why don't you try it tonight! - 115.556
Poolaki (a Persian Saffron & Sesame Candy)
How to make poolaki at home in easy steps. Poolaki is a Persian candy that can be made by different tastes or just a classic version. Poolaki is most popular in Esfahan. This recipe is the home made version of saffron and sesame poolaki. - 115.388
Sabzi Polo Ba Mahi Fish
If you want to eat a wholesome meal, try making Persian rice with greens and fish which is also called Sabzi polo ba mahi. A great tasting dish, it makes a superb dish to be served in dinner parties and feasts. Watch the video for more. - 114.279
Kotlet Cutlet- Persian Meat Patties
Looking for some tasty food items for snacking? Make some ground beef patties. Full of spice and flavor, these patties can be enjoyed on any evening with choice of dips. - 113.854
Halva (persian Halva)
If you have a craving for sweet food, just watch this video to know of a delightful and rich halva recipe. Flavored with cardamom, ginger and zafran, this is an absolute royal treat. - 111.54
Tas Kebab (tas Kabab) Eggplant Stew
If you are an eggplant lover, watch this video of Persian eggplant stew over here. Made with combination of veggies and meat, this stew is amazingly delicious and makes a wholesome meal. - 110.79
Estamboli (loubia Polo ) String Beans Rice
If you are looking for some new type of rice dish, you must watch this video. Watch the chef here making Persian string bean rice. Rich and delicious, this dish can be relished with friends and family n special dinners. - 109.733
Kookoo Sabzi (kuku Sabzi) Persian Iranian Food
For all those people who love eating Persian foods, here is yet another delightful green veggies and egg recipe. Made by mixing minced veggies with eggs, this is easy, healthy and amazingly tasty. - 109.669
For all potato lovers out there. Here is a tasty salad recipe. Made by combining potatoes with ham, pickles and egg, this salad is utterly delicious and easy to make. Watch the video here to know more. - 109.128
Khoresht Qeymeh Aloo
This dish is made with aloos (dried golden plums), chicken and yellow split peas. I hope that you enjoy it! - 102.486
Bandari Sausage Sosis Bandari
If Persian food is your weakness, then you must try this dish, also known as Bandari Sausage. It features sausages cooked in tangy and spicy tomato and onion gravy. Great for any meal, especially as a sandwich! - 101.994
Showing you how to prepare Mast-o Khiar. You can add more herbs if you like ie. tarragon, dill weed (dried or fresh), green onions or red onions etc. This is the basic recipe just to get you started. - 95.2882
Tahchin Morgh (chicken)
If you are one of those who are fond of eating rice with chicken, here is a must watch video for you. Watch this video to know the amazing Persian chicken recipe which is also called as Tanchin Morgh. - 94.7233
Vegan Persian Cucumber Anti Aging Pudding
Want to know of a tasty, anti aging recipe that can be eaten as an appetizing pudding or poured in a tall glass and consumed as a refreshing smoothie? Then watch this video and learn to turn your regular cucumber into a 100% vegan and amazingly tasty treat! - 84.3855
Homemade Persian Walnut Pastry Swirl - Part 1: Preparation
If you are nuts about walnuts, then you will surely enjoy making this Persian dessert delicacy at home. Perfect in taste and texture, this delightful, sweet tooth appeasing dish takes a little extra effort to make, but then all the toil is worth it. Tart your... - 77.8092
Persian Vegetable And Egg Timbale
Time to pamper your palate with this Persian Vegetable And Egg Timbale recipe. I prepare this yummy dish for Breakfast every month or even more often.Do try this recipe of Persian Vegetable And Egg Timbale and if you are fully satisfied, spread the taste by... - 47.7174
1. Rinse rice and soak it in cold water. Leave it aside for about 1-3 hours.
2. Soak currants in lemon juice.
3. Take a skillet and toast almonds over medium –low heat for about 5 minutes until it starts emanating pleasant aroma.
4. Quarter... - 47.3055
Persian Chicken Pilau
1) Slice the onions and chop the apricots.
2) In a skillet, heat oil and 1 oz butter.
3) When foaming, fry chicken pieces until golden brown.
4) Take out chicken from oil and allow to cool.
5) In the same oil, cook onion- until... - 47.2903
Persian Stuffed Zucchini
Persian Stuffed Zucchini is an easy to make and a delicious recipe. This certainly makes for a great main dish. Persian Stuffed Zucchini is a favorite with my family, i bet your friends and family will love it too. Don't miss out on this great recipe. - 47.2902
Persian Spinach Salad With Yogurt Dressing
Persian Spinach Salad With Yoghurt Dressing has a nice taste and must be tried by salad lovers. Persian Spinach Salad With Yoghurt Dressing is a an easy to make recipe, do try it out at home. - 47.0111
1) Preheat the oven to at 300 °F.
2) Drain off the rice and soak again in warm salted water, for 3- 4 hours or overnight.
3) Drain the rice.
4) In a pot heat 4 cups of water, with little salt.
5) Add saffron to make the water turn... - 46.9548
Hot Persian Yogurt Soup
1. Take a pot and add split peas, rice and water into it.
2. Boil the mixture and cook over low heat for about 2 hours until the peas turn tender.
3. Add spinach and salt and cook over low heat until the spinach gets cooked.
4. Add water to thicken... - 45.4852
Persian Ash-e-mast - Yogurt Soup
1) Into a large bowl, add in the minced beef, lemon juice, egg, salt and pepper. Pound the mixture to combine.
2) Use floured hands to shape the mixture into balls of 3/4 inch diameter.
3) Slice the onions into 2-inch lengths.
4) In a saucepan, melt... - 45.2332
1) Preheat the oven to 400°.
2) In a large flameproof casserole, add butter and olive oil over low heat.
3) SautÃ© onion and garlic for 5 minutes, until softened but not browned.
4) Increase the heat to moderate and add the chile,... - 44.5678
Persian Stuffed Eggplant
1. Pre-heat oven at 375 degrees C.
2. Take eggplants and cut it lengthwise into half, without tampering the stem.
3. Oil a baking sheet and place the eggplant with its chopped size down.
4. Cover and bake it at 375 degrees C for around... - 43.9456
Persian Style Rice With Lima Beans And Dill
1. Take a large bowl and place in rice in it. Wash many times in running water.
2. Drain in colander and put the rice again in the bowl.
3. Cover with water, around 5 cups. Keep it aside for 25 minutes and let it soak.
4. In the meantime, in small... - 43.5628
Persian Rice Salad
1) In a pan, stir in the rice, cinnamon and allspice in heated oil until the rice is well coated.
2) Add water to the drained apricot syrup and level up to 250 ml; stir in to the rice, allow to boil, simmer covered for about 20 min until the liquid... - 41.5489
Soak the saffron in the cold water thirty minutes.
Add the rice gradually to the boiling salted water.
Return to a boil and cook until the rice is half done, about ten minutes.
Drain the rice in a colander.
Add the butter to the kettle in which the rice... - 41.156
Persian Rhubarb Frappe
Persian Rhubarb Frappe is an amazingly refreshing beverage.
Persian Rhubarb Frappe is easy to make and must be tried at home. The cherries add up the flavor of Persian Rhubarb Frappe, try this simple recipe for your guests and it is guaranteed that they will... - 40.3323
Soak apricots in enough water to cover them.
Boil until soft, remove seeds and make a puree.
Remove and slice almonds, keep aside.
Wash and cook rice in milk for about 20 mins until rice is tender.
Remove from heat, add cream and simmer gently for fifteen... - 40.1937
Persian Pork Chops
Combine yogurt, scallions, salt and pepper in large bowl.
Add pork chops, turning to cover completely with yogurt mixture.
Marinate 3 hours at room temperature.
Remove chops, scraping off as much yogurt mixture as possible and re-serve.
Melt butter in... - 39.03
In a large heavy skillet, brown lamb on all sides in hot oil.
Add onion and cook until tender, stirring occasionally.
Mix tomato sauce, water, lemon juice, bay leaf, salt, pepper, oregano, thyme, turmeric, and cinnamon.
Pour over meat.
Bring to boiling,... - 37.6279
Whether you are planning your surprise your family for lunch or have a grand party , this persian chicken is just right. You would enjoy every moment of cooking and of course eating it - 37.5439
Persian Molded Rice With Crisp Potatoes
Preheat the oven to 350°F.
Rinse the basmati rice thoroughly in cold water.
Soak it in cold water to cover by several inches for 30 minutes.
While the rice is soaking, peel and slice the potato as thinly as possible using a mandoline or the slicing... - 36.4548
Persian Steak Roll
1 Ask your meatman to split flank steak, butterfly fashion.
Or, at home, split it yourself, working slowly with a sharp long-blade knife and cutting with a sawing motion as evenly as possible.
Pound steak with a mallet or rolling pin to make it evenly thin.
2... - 36.3419
Kotlet (persian Dish)
This Kotlet is a side dish. Enjoy this amazingly delicious beef recipe and share your feelings with us! - 35.3839
Persian Cucumber Salad
Sprinkle cucumber slices with salt and place in colander with a heavy cover on top so that the salty liquid drains out.
Then arrange cucumber in a salad bowl.
Dissolve sugar in vinegar, add chopped mint and beat into yoghurt.
Spoon yoghurt dressing over... - 34.094
Persian Recipes By Category