- » Pennsylvania
Pennsylvania food is quite famous for its snack items, with potato chips and pretzels being popular all over the world, where potato chips refers to crispy wafers made from potatoes and available in various flavors ... More »
The Veggie Kitchen version of a classic Pennsylvania Dutch treat
This pie is very moist and has the rich flavor of molasses. - 115.414
Pennsylvania Hot Pot
1. Use a kitchen scissors to trim fat from beef.
2. Add flour and seasonings to a plastic bag then add beef cubes and shake well to coat.
3. Combine parsley, garlic, salt, and pepper in a cup and keep aside.
4. Slice each squash half into 6... - 45.8232
Pennsylvania Pepper Relish
1. In a deep heatproof bowl combine the cabbage, green and red peppers, celery and salt and mix well with a wooden spoon.
2. Transfer the vegetables to a colander and stand the colander in the bowl.
3. With foil or plastic wrap cover the colander, set... - 45.0224
Pennsylvania Apple Pancake
Preheat oven to 450°F while preparing batter.
Beat eggs in a medium bowl; add flour, milk and salt and beat.
Slightly lumpy batter makes a light pancake.
Melt 2 tablespoons butter in a large oven proof skillet.
Pour batter into skillet and immediately place... - 43.0389
Pennsylvania Liver Paste
1) Into a food processor, put the liver, bacon and onion
2) Add to it the flour, milk, eggs, salt and pepper and blend well
3) Onto a greased loaf tin 9 x 5 x 3 inch spread the mixture
4) Bake in the oven for 1 hour and 35 minutes at 325 F till done
5)... - 42.8048
1) In a large kettle or Dutch oven, sauté sausage for 3 to 5 minutes and then keep aside, removing it from the kettle.
2) Drain fat drippings from the kettle saving 1 tablespoon fat.
3) Figure ground beef into a large patty and brown for 5 minutes in... - 42.6012
Pennsylvania Pumpkin Pie
To cooked or canned pumpkin add egg-yolks, brown sugar, salt, nutmeg, ginger, ground cloves, allspice and cinnamon, and mix thoroughly.
Add scalded milk, and fold in stiffly beaten egg-whites.
Pour into a pie plate lined with pastry and bake.
Squash may be... - 39.5895
Roast Veal With Pennsylvania Stuffing
Wipe meat, both outside and in the cavity, with clean damp cloth or paper towels.
Put sausages in saucepan with boiling water to cover; simmer 10 minutes.
Lift out, break up sausage meat, and add to dressing, along with celery and apple.
Bind dressing with a... - 38.0006
Pennsylvania Hot Pot
1. Trim all fat from beef. Shake cubes, a few at a time, with flour in a plastic bag to coat well.
2. Combine tomato juice, bouillon cubes and sugar in a small saucepan; bring just to boiling, crushing cubes to dissolve.
3. Combine parsley, garlic, salt and... - 37.6802
Pennsylvania Hot Slaw
In medium fry pan, fry bacon until crisp; drain bacon on paper towel, reserving 1 teaspoon drippings.
To reserved bacon drippings, add brown sugar, green onion, salt and vinegar; stir until smooth.
Add crumbled bacon and remaining ingredients; toss... - 36.7754
Pennsylvania Knockbockle With Potato Topping
Combine frankfurters, sweet pepper flakes, onion flakes, spaghetti sauce, mushrooms and water in a 1-quart casserole.
Cover and bake at 400° for 30 minutes.
Drop Potato Topping by tablespoonfuls around edge of casserole.
Sprinkle with additional Parmesan... - 36.7565
Pennsylvania Cheese Pie
Looking for a great way to end the meal with, try out this Pennsylvania Cheese Pie - a wonderful dessert treat! Follow this relatively easy recipe for Pennsylvania Cheese Pie and I bet, this will soon be your favorite! - 36.0567
Pennsylvania Pot Roast
My mother-in-law gave me this Pennsylvania Pot Roast recipe. Even my mom who does not the dish much had a few servings of this Pennsylvania Pot Roast. She did like it! - 33.7117
1. Saute sausage 3 to 5 minutes in large kettle or Dutch oven; remove and set aside. Drain all but 1 tablespoon fat from kettle.
2. Press ground beef into a large patty in same kettle; brown for 5 minutes. Cut into quarters; turn; brown other side 5 minutes,... - 32.8102
Apple Walnut Crostata Pennsylvania Apple/
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Coat a baking sheet with cooking spray and set aside.
2. Place apples, brown sugar, walnuts, flour and vanilla extract in a large mixing bowl and toss well.
3. Place piecrust on the baking sheet.
4. Spoon apple mixture into cente - 31.4114
Saute green pepper, onions and mushrooms in butter in large skillet until tender.
Combine remaining ingredients with 1/4 cup water; bring to a boil.
Place in 2-quart casserole.
Bake at 425 degrees until heated through. - 31.3298
Pennsylvania Fruit Salad
1. In medium bowl combine cottage cheese with walnuts. Line a serving platter with lettuce; mound cottage cheese mixture in center; then top with apple butter.
2. Surround cottage cheese alternately with fruits. (For our salad, we chose peaches and bananas,... - 23.7906
Pennsylvania Recipes By Category