Pecan pesto is a savory Italian sauce made with pecans and several other ingredients, often, consisting of basil, cheese, garlic, olive oil, and seasonings. Other ingredients like parsley, lemon juice, spinach, and red pepper flakes can also be used to prepare the pecans based pesto sauce. The pecans can be used in either toasted or untoasted form to prepare the pesto sauce, which is a perfect accompaniment to several dishes like pasta, rice, and vegetables.
Pecan Pesto Preparation Overview
The basil pecan pesto recipe suggests using basil leaves, pecans, garlic, olive oil, salt, black pepper, lemon juice or balsamic vinegar, and parmesiano reggiano cheese as the ingredients. The pecans based pesto is prepared by blending together all the ingredients until a smooth consistency is achieved.
Popular Pecan Pesto Recipes
A few popular pecan pesto recipes have been discussed hereunder:
- Spicy pecans pesto- the pecans based pesto can be made spicy with the addition of red pepper flakes to the basic pecans and basil based pesto sauce. Toasted pecans, red pepper flakes, salt, pepper, garlic, olive oil, salt, and pepper are processed together in a food processor to prepare the pesto sauce.
- Sun dried tomatoes and pecans based pesto- the recipe suggests blending together basil leaves, pecans, garlic, sundried tomatoes, olive oil, and parmesan cheese until a smooth consistency is attained.
- Spinach pecan pesto- this pesto is a blend of spinach leaves, pecans, garlic, parmesan cheese, olive oil, and salt.
- Parsley, basil, and pecans based pesto- this pesto combines together basil leaves, parsley, garlic, spinach leaves, red pepper flakes, toasted pecans, lemon zest, lemon juice, parmesan cheese, salt, black pepper, and olive oil.
- Pecan based pesto sauce pairs well with rice.
- It also acts as an ideal accompaniment to pasta.
- The pesto can also be served with steamed vegetables like carrots, beans, and potatoes.
- It also pairs well with prawns.
Pecans Pesto Health and Nutrition Facts
Pecan pesto is enriched with the goodness of pecans, which are good sources of monounsaturated fats, iron, calcium, zinc, potassium, and vitamins B-complex and E. All these nutrients help in preventing an individual from several health related risks like coronary heart diseases, cancers, and infections.