- » Pearl Grain
Pearl Grain Recipes
Enjoy our collection of pearl grain recipes submitted, reviewed and rated by ifood.tv community. Meet people who are looking for pearl grain recipes.
Bulk Cooked Pearl Barley
Pearl Barley is rated as one of the world’s “Healthiest Foods” and it makes a wonderful addition to soups and stews. Having ready cooked pearl barley in the freezer provides you with a convenient ingredient for your winter meals. Watch Sylvia from the... - 86.8786
Hearty Vegetable And barley Soup
A bowl of this vegetable and barley soup makes a warm and hearty meal on a cold winter day. This recipe is easy, very delicious and really cheap, using leftover veggies. This is a really low-fat, satisfying meal full of flavor and good nutrients. - 97.6462
Grilled Shrimp And Vegetables With Pearl Couscous
Those looking for a healthier alternative to pasta should try using golden pearls of toasted couscous. This is a riff on a traditional seafood salad and paella, combining flavors of the Mediterranean and North Africa. A wonderful light, fresh and nourishing... - 116.206
Quinoa And Pearled Barley Salad
1. Rinse the quinoa and pearled barley.
2. Using two separate pots, add the quinoa and 1¾ cups of water to one pot and the barley and 3 cups of water to the other.
3. Bring the water to a boil, reduce the heat to a simmer, cover with a lid, and let... - 126.05
Chicken Almonds And Pearl Onions
Cover pearl onions with boiling water; let stand for 2 minutes.
Drain and slip off skins; make small slit in root ends.
In skillet, melt butter with oil over medium heat; add onions and lemon rind.
Sprinkle with sugar; cover and cook for 3 minutes.
Meanwhile,... - 37.9299
Steamed Pearl Balls
Place 1/2 cup rice in a small bowl; cover with water to 1 inch above rice, and let stand 1 hour.
Drain rice well; place rice in a shallow dish, and set aside.
Combine chicken and next 7 ingredients in a medium bowl; stir well.
Drop mixture by rounded... - 37.0887
Curried Three Grain Pilaf
Combine first 4 ingredients in a medium saucepan; bring to a boil.
Stir in onion, celery, pepper, and grains.
Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 1 hour or until grains are tender and liquid is absorbed.
Remove rice mixture from heat.
Remove and discard bay... - 34.7797
Bean 'n' Grain Mix
In a large container combine 7 or more of the dried ingredients; mix well.
In 2-cup containers or plastic bags package the mixture.
Use some as gifts, adding a copy of the soup recipe to each package. - 27.0482
Mixed Grain And Wild Rice Cereal
In a saucepan, combine 2 cups water and wild rice; bring to a boil.
Cover and simmer for 20 minutes; drain.
Place in a greased 2-1/2-qt.casserole, add the barley, oats, raisins, dates, brown sugar, butter, cinnamon and remaining water.
Cover and bake at 375°... - 30.8907
Combine 1/2 cup boiling water and shiitake mushrooms in a bowl; cover and let stand 30 minutes.
Drain mushrooms, reserving liquid.
Discard mushroom stems; slice mushroom caps, and set aside.
Heat olive oil in a large Dutch oven over medium-high heat until... - 36.4773
Golden Grain Salad
1. Place rice, barley, couscous, sweet corn, green pepper, carrot, zucchini (courgette) and celery in a bowl.
2. To make dressing, place mustard, ginger, orange juice and black pepper to taste in a screwtop jar and shake to combine. Pour over salad and toss. - 38.0782
Turkey And Grain Salad
Combine water, wild rice, and barley in a large saucepan; bring to a boil.
Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 45 minutes or until rice and barley are tender.
Add turkey and next 3 ingredients; toss well.
Combine vinegar and next 5 ingredients.
Pour over... - 40.7308
Beans And Barley
1. Saute onion, mushrooms, and carrots until tender.
2. Combine drained beans with beef bouillon, mustard, and parsley. Adjust consistency with water, if necessary.
3. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat, cover, and simmer 45 minutes.
4. Add split peas, lentils, and... - 31.2288
In a medium saucepan, blend 4 cups of the vegetable stock with the turmeric and curry powder.
Add the soaked chickpeas, bring to a simmer, and cook for 2 to 2 1/2 hours.
Drain and set aside.
In a medium saute pan, heat 14 cup of the stock over medium heat and... - 43.2016
North African Couscous
Here is a fabulous video that displays how to prepare a traditional North African couscous recipe. The chef here is serves the couscous with plenty of vegetables and a flavorful sauce. Try out this couscous with a great zest of flavors for a simple healthy... - 124.623
Place olive oil and 4 tablespoons of the butter in a heavy 3 or 4-quart pan over medium heat.
When butter is melted, add onion and cook, stirring, until soft and golden.
Add garlic and rice and stir until rice looks milky and opaque (about 3 minutes).
Stir in... - 35.3917
Mix together oats, rice, rye, whole wheat, triticale, buckwheat, barley, mil- let, and sesame seed.
Use, or store up to 3 months in an airtight container in a cool, dry place - 22.644
White Bean Minestrone
1. Take a saucepan and add beans and water into it and boil the mixture. Remove from heat source and keep it aside for about an hour or overnight.
2. Take a large saucepan and boil the stock and stir in beans and its soaking liquid.
3. Cook over low... - 43.413
In 4 to 6-quart pressure cooker over high heat, combine oil, onion, and tomato.
Cook, stirring often, until onion is limp, about 5 minutes.
Add wine and boil, stirring often, until liquid evaporates.
Stir in rice and broth.
Place pan on high heat... - 38.6032
Sweet & Tart Sesame Rice Salad
Mix together rice, carrot, onion, and cucumber.
Combine vinegar, sugar, and salt; stir into rice mixture, cover, and chill for at least 1 hour or as long as overnight.
In a frying pan over medium-high heat, toast sesame seed, stirring, until golden (about 4... - 28.3113
Chinese Sausage Rice Dressing
1. In a 2- to 3-quart pan, combine 2 1/4 cups water, long-grain rice, and medium-grain rice. Bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer until rice is tender to bite, about 20 minutes. Fluff with a fork.
2. Meanwhile, in a 10- to... - 34.5621
Lamb And Lemon Soup
1) Off the lamb, trim as much fat as possible.
2) Into a large saucepan, put the meat along with 5 cups of water and bring the mixture to a boil.
3) In the meantime, wash the carrots and turnips and scrape them. Chop them coarsely. Peel the... - 45.2598
"How to" video recipe guide for making "Chouquettes", the popular French pastry made with choux pastry and topped with pearl sugar. - 129.425
Winter Flower Bud Rice
In a 3- to 4-quart pan, bring 2 quarts water to a boil.
Add cauliflower and cook for 3 minutes; add broccoli and continue to cook until both vegetables are barely tender when pierced (about 2 more minutes).
Drain, immerse in ice water until cool, and drain... - 43.6784
Bev's Meatball Stew
Shape beef into 18 meatballs, about 1 1/4 inches each.
In 3-quart casserole, combine remaining ingredients.
Microwave at High for 10 minutes.
Reduce power to 70% (Medium High).
Microwave for 20 to 30 minutes,... - 46.1802
Zucchini Rice Salad
In a large frying pan, heat 4 tablespoons of the oil over medium-high heat; add garlic and eggplant and cook, stirring gently, until eggplant turns dark and softens (about 5 minutes).
Add zucchini, stewed tomatoes, oregano, and thyme; cover and cook for about... - 38.5324
Key West Shrimp Kabobs
Peel and devein shrimp, leaving tails intact.
Place in a large heavy-duty, zip-top plastic bag.
Combine coconut milk and next 5 ingredients.
Pour 3/4 cup mixture over shrimp; set remaining mixture aside.
Seal bag securely, and shake until shrimp are well... - 37.4339
How To Make Pesto And A Caprese Pasta Salad
1. Wash and clean the basil, pat them dry and remove all the moisture, set aside.
2. Cook the pasta as per manufacturer instructions.
3. In the food processor, blend basil, pine nuts, garlic and sea salt, blend until smooth.
4. Once done... - 0
Earthly Superfood Salad
This recipe is from HolidaysCentral's 2012 Oscar's Best Picture Inspired Menu, where you can get the full menu and other fun holiday ideas.
The Best Picture Nominee, The Tree of Life is a complicated film that is sometimes metaphysical, sometimes... - 26.1563
Barley And Rice Soup
1. Bring a large pan of water to the boil. Add the barley and the brown rice and return to the boil. Lower the heat and simmer gently for 30-35 minutes until just tender. Drain and set aside.
2. Drain the Swiss chard. Cut out the hard white stems. Slice the... - 39.1475
Old Fashioned Hot Cereal
In a 2- to 3-quart pan, bring water to a boil over high heat.
Add grain; return to a boil.
Reduce heat, cover, and simmer until grain is tender to bite, about 40 minutes (about 15 minutes for bulgur).
About 10 minutes before grain is done, stir in raisins (if... - 21.4373
Boiled Brown Rice And Barley
For a super healthy recipe, watch this video. Brown rice and barley combine together to make a great cancer fighting source! Watch this video to learn how to cook this. Listen closely for some great health tips. - 109.286
1) In a non-stick pan, lightly toast the pearl barley by mixing it thoroughly it over a moderate heat (Use a little oil if you do not have a non-stick surface.)
2) After the barley grains attain an even brown colour, remove them from the pan or it... - 37.2485
Barley With Green Beans Parmesan
Cook the barley in 1 quart of boiling salted water until the grains are tender but not mushy, about 35 minutes.
Heat the oil in a saucepan; saute the onion until it is softened.
Add the green beans and cook according to the package directions.
When the... - 37.4204
Christiana Campbell's Shrimp And Lobster
Partially cook green pepper in boiling water, remove and cut in half.
Scald tomatoes in boiling water for 1 minute, drain, remove skin, and cut in half.
Squeeze and discard the juice and cut into bite size pieces, reserve.
Cook rice according to... - 42.7111
Pork Stew With Gremolata
1 Combine the flour and pepper in a plastic food storage 1 bag.
Add the pork and shake to coat.
Remove the pork from the bag, shaking off the excess flour, and reserve the flour.
In a 5-quart Dutch oven, heat 1 tablespoon of the oil over moderately high... - 41.0897
Chicken Casserole With Dried Fruits And Caramelized Onions
1. Preheat the oven to 350° F
2. In a large casserole, combine oil with 1 tablespoon of butter and heat on a high flame on the stove.
3. When the butter melts, place the chicken thighs and lightly brown them for 4 minutes of each side.... - 45.7489
Barley And Wild Mushroom Risotto
The barley and mushroom rissoto is a filling and nutritious rissoto prepared with a whole grain like barley. Cooked in chicken broth along with wine, the barley and mushroom rissoto is also flavored with parmesan and parsley. - 42.7966
Diet Friendly Chicken Fricassee
Following a diet and craving to have something delicious? Not all tasty food is full of calories, just like this Diet Friendly Chicken Fricassee. This dish is high both on health and taste. Try it today. - 107.965
Barley Ham Salad With Honey Mustard Dressing
1) In a heavy medium saucepan, add 1 tablespoon oil to heat up.
2) Add the barley to saute over moderate heat until the grains are coated with oil.
3) Pour in the chicken stock and add salt and 1 cup of water.
4) Bring the liquid to a boil over high... - 48.139