Peanut butter brownie is a hit with kids across the United States of America. Most of the people are inordinately fond of the brown colored confection and cannot resist the delectable sweet item. A combination with another favorite food item, the peanut butter makes the brownie even more delicious and a number of peanut butter brownie recipes have now been popularized, each of them adding a different flavor by being unique in their own way. Baking a batch of Peanut butter brownies is not significantly time consuming , hence the peanut butter brownie recipes are in great demand especially on festive occasions like the Christmas or Thanksgiving.
History of Peanut butter brownies
The years 1903 saw the advent of peanuts in America which began to be grown as a substitute of cotton. But it was not until 1922 that peanut butter was created and started to be sold commercially across the country. However, the peanut butter brownie recipes started circulating only after the cookies prepared with peanut butter became a hit. The peanut butter brownies were initially tried out as a variation of the peanut butter cookie which was first popularized by Pillsbury in 1933.
Ingredients & Popular Peanut Butter Brownie Recipes
Almost all peanut butter brownie recipes include sifted flour and a good amount of peanut butter. Granulated sugar or brown sugar together with eggs and a few drops of vanilla extracts are the other main items required for making the peanut butter brownies. A number of different ingredients are often added to the mixture as well and toppings of chocolate chips or nuts and raisins help to enhance the taste of peanut butter brownies considerably.
Some of the most popular the peanut butter brownie recipes that are enjoyed across the world are:-
· Simple peanut butter brownies- There is no added ingredient for this recipe and the entire mixture is baked in an oven for around half an hour or until it turns brown.
· Chocolate chip brownies- Topping the brownie mixture with a handful of chocolate chips just before baking gives the peanut butter brownies a crunchy feel. A chocolate bar can also be crushed and added to the brownie mixture instead of the chocolate chips.
· Layered peanut butter brownies - Dividing the mixture into different parts and spreading on a layer of peanut butter in between each of them makes the brownies more appetizing.
Variations of Peanut Butter Brownie Recipes
· Healthy variations which use oatmeal or whole wheat flour instead of the usual white flour are preferred by the health conscious.
· Other popular variations of the peanut butter brownies are the fudge brownies and cheesecake brownies which can be prepared with the grainy peanut butter instead of the smooth paste.
· Adding the pulp of a raspberry, strawberry or any of the citrus fruits enriches the peanut butter brownie without affecting the taste.
Peanut Butter Brownies: Trivia
· American adults have been found to consume more peanut butter than the kids, the same goes for Peanut Butter Brownies too.
· Commercially available peanut butter is best for baking peanut butter brownies.