- » Pasty
A Pasty, also spelt â€œPastieâ€ in the United States, is a baked dish prepared by baking pastry dough stuffed with meat and vegetable filling. A Pasty is quite similar to a pie, the difference is that pasty recipes ... More »
For recipe directions, please refer to the video - 85.5559
I am in love with this Cornish Pasty recipe as it is the best type of pie. Not only is this a great Snack recipe, bu tit is also a favorite in my family too. A good way to use up Beef is to make some irresistible Cornish Pasty. Cornish Pasty can be prepared... - 47.4412
1. Preheat the oven to 375°F
2. In a large mixing bowl, sift together the flour and salt.
3. Add the lard and the suet and blend together using a pastry mixer or a fork, until the mixture resembles bread crumbs.
4. Add cold water and... - 46.0051
1. On a floured work surface, roll out the pastry dough into a 9 inch circle and place the circle of a lined baking sheet.
2. Preheat the oven to 425°F/220°C
3. Finely slice the vegetables and the meat.
4. In a mixing bowl, combine... - 45.1475
1. Preheat oven to 375° F/ 190° C
2. Grease a baking sheet with oil or line with grease proof paper
3. In a medium saucepan, cover dates with water and place pan on a medium low flame.
4. Once the water comes to a boil, reduce the... - 43.3476
Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
Chop beef in blender or food processor.
Combine beef with potatoes, rutabaga and onion in bowl.
Combine flour and salt in bowl.
Cut in shortening and butter until crumbly.
Add ice water; mix well.
Roll pastry on lightly floured... - 42.4613
Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C).
Lightly grease two baking sheets.
First make the filling.
Mix the meat with the vegetables.
Season well with the salt, pepper and a large pinch of thyme.
Divide the dough in half and roll each half into a circle about 8... - 39.1475
Savory Onion Pasty
To make the pastry, sift the flour and salt into a bowl.
Mix in the oatmeal, then rub in the fat until the mixture resembles breadcrumbs.
Bind to a dough with cold water.
Divide the dough in half and roll out each half into a round.
Use one round to line an... - 37.4815
Meat Pasty Morsels
1. Remove the core, seeds and pith from peppers and chop them up finely
2. In a frying pan, add ground beef, chopped peppers, garlic, spices, lemon juice and salt and fry for ten minutes
3. In a small pan, fry onions in oil; add it to the beef mixture;... - 36.2358
1. Mince or chop the onion very finely.
2. Add grated cheese and tomatoes peeled and chopped.
3. Season carefully and add the stock.
4. Roll the pastry into an oblong shape. Put the filling on half, moisten the edges and fold over.
5. Press the edges well... - 33.5022
Dice the meat and mix with the onion and potato.
Season well, moisten with 2-3 tablesp of gravy or stock.
Roll out the pastry 1/4 in thick, keeping it as round as possible.
Place the mixture on one half of the pastry round and wet the edges.
Then fold over... - 28.3698
Pasty Recipes By Category