A Pastry Chef, or a “Patisserie” is a chef that is skilled in making and baking a variety of baked goods, pastries, cakes, desserts, cookies, chocolates, candies, pies and breads. Pastry chef is employed ... More »
PREHEAT oven to 425°.
Combine pie crust mix with egg.
Add just enough water to form dough.
Form 2 to 3 tablespoons dough into a round.
Press each round onto bottom and sides of each 3- to 4-inch tart pan.
Pierce pastry several times with fork.
Place on... - 39.0281
In this fundamentals video I show you how to make the common bakeshop recipe: pastry cream. I also cover how to turn it into diplomat cream by folding in whipped cream. This is a very handy recipe to have. - 0
This mango powder puffs recipe took me by surprise, as I could not believe how such simple plain puffs would taste with a mere sprinkling of mango powder. But you have to trust me on that, this is one quick recipe which will scintillate your taste buds and it... - 121.339
For all those who are fond of snacking on chocolate bars, here is a fantastic recipe for you. The toasted strudel is simply sandwiched with chocolate bars. Then placed in the oven until the chocolate is nicely melted and topped with a chocolate ice cream.... - 87.6677
Sift flour, salt and baking powder together.
Melt shortening in boiling water over very low heat.
Cool, and beat in sifted dry ingredients.
Turn dough onto waxed paper, and form into ball.
Roll out as directed for Plain Pastry.
Use in any recipe... - 40.2101
Measure and sift flour and salt into bowl.
Cut in with pastry blender or 2 knives until mixture resembles oatmeal, with some pieces slightly larger.
Add water, 1 tablespoon at a time.
Sprinkle over surface of the flour mixture, and mix lightly... - 41.3073
1. Sift flour and salt into a mixing bowl.
2. With a pastry blender or two knives, cut in shortening until mixture is like cookie crumbs.
3. Sprinkle with ice water, tossing dry mixture with a fork, until about three quarters of the water has been used.
4.... - 22.9815
1. Sift flour, salt and sugar into a bowl.
2. Cut in butter as for plain pie pastry.
3. Add lemon rind.
4. Beat together egg yolks and 1 tablespoon water or lemon juice.
5. Use to bind mixture as when making plain pie pastry.
6. Add extra water or juice to... - 34.4898
Here is Chinese style spicy onion rings to spice up your party or any other special occasion. The chef here has prepared these onion rings with a spicy batter and deep fried for that crispy texture. Serve this crispy onion rings with any of your favorite dips... - 85.089
1. Let frozen puff pastry stand at room temperature 20 minutes to thaw slightly.
2. Unfold one sheet of pastry on lightly floured surface. With floured rolling pin, roll pastry to a 13" by 10" rectangle. Cut a 13" by 1 1/2 strip and an 8 1/2-inch circle from... - 31.062
1 Sieve the flour.
2 Put the margarine, water, salt and vanilla essence in a vessel and cook until the butter melts.
3 Now add the flour, remove from the heat and beat with a wooden spoon until the mixture forms into a smooth ball and leaves the sides of the... - 33.1268