- » Pastry
Pastry refers to different kinds of baked food items that are prepared from the ingredients like milk, shortening, flour, butter, eggs and baking powder. Pastry dishes can include small cakes, sweet tasting baked ... More »
Quick Puff Pastry Hearts
The way to your loved one's heart is through their stomach, so tempt him/her with these delicious puff pastry hearts! - 137.454
This is a great idea for an appetizer or an appetizing snack, either sweet or savory... let's make the stuffed triangles! - 136.947
Korean Sweet Manju Pastry
How about a Korean Dessert after a Korean meal? Try Maangchi's sweet manju pastry that can even be served as snack. This Korean pastry is protein rich with the lima beans filling and looks delicious with the sesame seed on top. Her step by step instructions... - 136.496
Easy Fruit Pastries
For all the pastry lovers out there, here video that shows a super easy recipe for delicious fruit pastries. The chef makes the pastries with packaged puff pastries and pastry cream with plenty of fresh fruits. These simple fruit pastries are indeed worth... - 132.708
Guinness Beer-battered Onion Rings
For all those who like eating onion rings at the restaurant, should definitely take a look at this guinness beer-battered onion rings recipe and try making some at home. Watch the video to see step by step instructions to make fresh-cut slices of sweet... - 131.85
Pineapple Pastry With Microwave Eggless Sponge Cake
Pastries are not only meant to be tedious and time consuming. Try this Microwave Cake recipe for hassle-free ending. Like with any pastries the magic lies in the sponge sheet. You get that right and everything will be just so easy. Try your hands on this very... - 128.882
Turkey & Cheese Puff Pastry
Let's face it, you can't really go wrong with puff pastry and cheese. All you need is some tomato soup on the side. Trust me! Perfect cold weather comfort meal or easy party appetizer. - 127.99
Stemilt Apple Strudel
Nothing starts a school day off better than a warm homemade apple strudel. Traditionally these are made with Phyllo pastry, but I love the simplicity of using puff pastry. In under 30 minutes you can go from concept to plate, making your mid week breakfasts... - 127.331
Fresh Cherry Turnovers
1. In a mixing bowl combine flour and butter using a pastry cutter combine the flour, butter and salt, gradually add the cold water as needed.
2. Once the dough combine keep in the refrigerator until needed.
3. Preheat heat the oven to 375... - 127.095
How To Make Christmas Strawberry Pastry Flowers
Light up the holiday season with easy Christmas Strawberry Pastry Flowers! Fruit Pastry Flowers to Make This Winter! Spoil your family with homemade Christmas Strawberry Pastry Flowers, they are so easy to make that even children enjoy making them! - 125.631
Appetizer Recipes: How To Make Cheese And Onion Pastry Appetizers
This elegant onion appetizer marries caramelized onions with cheese and a dash of red pepper in a flaky phyllo pastry. Amy Topel, the food columnist for National Geographics The Green Guide, shows us how to make a cheese and onion pastry appetizer that your... - 125.306
Mango Powder Puffs
This mango powder puffs recipe took me by surprise, as I could not believe how such simple plain puffs would taste with a mere sprinkling of mango powder. But you have to trust me on that, this is one quick recipe which will scintillate your taste buds and it... - 123.231
Curried Beef Empanadas
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees fahrenheit.
2. In a pan, saute ginger and garlic in the olive oil.
3. Add onions and cook.
4. Season with salt.
5. Add carrots and ground beef.
6. Add roasted cumin and curry powder and stir.
7. Add parsley... - 123.142
Perfect Crispy Onion Rings
Onion rings are such a delight to eat. They go perfectly with just about everything. These particular ones are covered in batter and then breadcrumbs. They will come out perfect every time. - 123.085
Puff Pastry - Recipe
This is a staple recipe, that everyone should try at least once in their life: the puff pastry. - 119.935
California Giants Short Crust Pastry
1. Put the flour and salt in a large chilled bowl and mix well.
2. Add the dry mixture and the cold cubes of butter to a food processor and blitz until you have a bread crumb consistency.
3. Return to the chilled bowl and stir in just enough of the... - 117.387
Frizzled Onion Rings
This is part of our fried foods video. When you fry food at home they can be healthier. I recommend safflower or sunflower oil. Make sure the oil is heated properly before frying and please dispose the oil after use. Try these thin, fried onion rings as a... - 115.91
Old Fashioned Buffalo Onion Rings
Want that restaurant style spicy onion rings?? Watch this video to learn it all. These spicy onion rings are seasoned to perfection. It is the perfect way to spice up your platter and give you a rich savory taste. This video certainly makes you crave for more. - 115.89
Sloppy Joes With Onion Rings
An easy dish to whip up for the kids! Sloppy Joes are meaty enough not to break the bank! Watch Ken make these Joes in this video! - 115.637
Chocolate Chaussons / Turnovers Homemade
1. Preheat oven to 400 degree F or 200 degree C.
2. Line a baking pan with parchment paper and set it aside.
3. For chocolate filling, in a small bowl, mix together cream cheese with the chocolate spread (like Nutella).
4. In a separate... - 115.259
Ham And Cheese In Puff Pastry - Super Bowl
Lynn demonstrates how to make Ham and Cheese in Puff Pastry. This would be a great lunch time treat or you could cut them in small square to serve as appetizers. You could take these to a Super Bowl party or any other get together you need to have an... - 115.03
Tasty Jelly Roll Dessert Pastry
1. Pre-heat the oven to 400 degrees F.
2. Grease a jelly roll pan with butter, lay a parchment paper over the greased pan and add some melted butter over it.
3. Take the eggs one at a time, crack and separate the yolk from the whites.... - 113.843
Let's make with Sonia a classic and timeless dessert: the chocolate profiteroles, made of many puffs of choux pastry, filled with Chantilly cream and topped with a chocolate sauce... impossible to resist! - 113.636
How To Make Pastry Cream
As a home cook you often have to make recipes that require stuffing, filling and even though all this is readily available in the market, it is always wise to make it at home for better of the family and save money. Watch this video to learn making pastry... - 112.433
Looking for a filling for your Eclairs? Here it is, pretty easy to make, based on an egg custard. - 111.745
Panko Onion Rings
1. In a large bowl take flour, baking powder, salt and black pepper. Whisk together.
2. Add in the water and mix well.
3. Dip the onion rings in the batter and roll into the panko bread crumbs. And take out with the help of fork.
4. Place the onion... - 111.523
Homemade Puff Pastry - Pate Feuilletee - Khari Biscuit
1. In a food processor, add the all purpose flour, corn starch, salt, black pepper & turmeric powder. Pulse the processor for a minute.
2. Add the butter (cut into pieces), small quantities at a time and pulse the processor again to incorporate... - 111.475
If you stay away from digging into your favorite pie for the fear of adding extra inches to your waistline, here is a recipe that can do wonders for your craving. This recipe tells you how to make healthy, low fat pie crust from the scratch. Just replace the... - 111.412
Cheryls Home Cooking - Stromboli
A fast and easy quick fix in a hurry. The kids will love this. You can use your favorite dipping sauce or eat it plain. This is one of those dishes that is so quick to make when you dont have the time to cook! - 111.02
Crunchy Chocolate And Almond Pastry
Pastries are favorites of kids as well as adults and here is a recipe with chocolate. Check out Garry showing how to make Crunchy Chocolate Pastry with chocolate sauce and almond meal as the key ingredients. Great for parties or breakfast as well. - 110.12
Crispy Onion Rings
Are you really missing the plate of crispy and crunchy onion rings served in your favorite restaurant? Don't bother, as you can prepare the same at your home once you go through this video. Arrange your favorite dip to serve on side with the onion rings. - 110.034
Oven Baked Onion Rings
1. Preheat oven to 450 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. In a bowl, mix 2 cups of non-dairy milk, 1 tablespoon of vinegar and a dash of tobasco sauce(or any other hot sauce)
3. Cut the top and bottom of the onion and cut into 3 quarter inch rings... - 108.838
This is a sweet pastry that can be used for making many delicious treats. - 107.626
Jelly Pocket Pastry
Want to give a surprise treat to your kids, this recipe is a must-try for you. In this video, the chef delicately handle the pastry sheet to fill with any type of jelly and place it in the oven. Once ready, it is going to be the best snack time you have ever... - 104.698
Homemade Paper Thin Spring Roll Wrappers Or Pastry - Samosa Pastry
1. In a small bowl take a mix of water and oil and keep aside, which can be used later for greasing the pan before preparing the pastry sheets.
2. In a mixing bowl take flour, corn starch and salt and mix them together.
3. To this dry mixture,... - 104.673
Perfectly Blind Baked Pastry
Perfectly blind baked pastry is for all those people who love to make their tarts and pies in their own kitchen from the scratch. This video will show you how to get the best prebaked pie shell. Take a look at this video and learn the secrets of getting this... - 104.369
Short Crust Pastry
If you love to bake, this short crust pastry recipe will be very handy for you to make your tarts and pies. Its easy and quick and comes together really nice. As you make it with your own hand this is going to dignify your dishes. Take a look for the quick... - 104.119
Baked Puff Pastry With Walnut Filling
People with sweet tooth can never stop looking and eating desserts. Are you one such person? Here is a quick video that can help you make quick dessert with puff pastry. This is good when you have surprise guests coming or even if you plan ahead of time.... - 103.897
Salted Peanut Caramel Squares
1. For base, in a bowl, add pretzel crumbs, sugar, and butter. Mix to incorporate.
2. Line 8x8-inch baking pan with parchment paper. Transfer mixture into it and press well.
3. Preheat oven to 350 degree F or 180 degree C.
4. Place pan... - 103.885
If you think that making spinach pastry and cheese pie is an all-day affair, you are in for a big surprise. Eva tells you how to make perfect pastry and pie in a matter of few hours. Treat this wonderful Greek dish to your family at dinners. - 103.367
Once A Week Kitchen - How To Make Pasties For Cheats
Here is a traditional recipe with a shortcut for busy people who are strapped for time. This recipe is probably the easiest and most convenient way to make the classic English pasties when time is scarce. They make a hearty lunch for work or great snacks for... - 103.132
Puff Pastry Twist
This is an easy recipe to make Puff Pastry Twist. Puff Pastry Twist is a delicious appetizer. Check out this short video for this super easy recipe. - 102.774
Once A Week Kitchen - Savoury Pinwheels
Delicious savory pinwheel snacks made in 15 minutes with buttery flaky pastry, marmite spread and cheddar cheese. They are perfect as nibbles. Be sure to invite these warm and savory pinwheels to your next party cause they are sure to be a hit. - 99.0736
Puffed Pastry Filled With Berries And Cream
Want a really easy yet elegant dessert on a lazy day? In this video, chef L.J Martin has found some wonderful frozen pastry cups to make an easy dessert. He is using some strawberries and blue berries but you can use any berry you like. It’s a fun to make... - 98.2105
Oven-fried Onion Rings
These baked onion-rings are not only ten times low-fat than the fried ones but it saves the messy job of deep-frying! And who would have thought that oven-fried rings could be as crispy as fried ones? Chef John’s secret to crispy oven-fried onion rings is... - 96.1769
Hot And Spicy Onion Rings
If you are looking for an ideal accompaniment for your fish and chips, your search ends here. Betty whomps up her classic favorite onion ring recipe that not only satisfies, but is also simple to make. Tune into the video recipe to learn how to make this... - 93.1972
Oven Onion Rings
Finally, I've found a recipe that consumes less oil and yet has that amazing taste. We are talking about the Oven Onion Rings here. They are pretty simple to make and you can learn how to do so from this Foodwishes video. And as always, enjoy! - 89.7555
Are you looking for a fancy appetizer dish that looks impressive, tastes really good but is simple to make? Then this video is just the thing for you. Watch and learn to bake the perfect vol au vent, a classic French appetizer that can also be served as a... - 86.5512
Spicy Onion Rings
Here is Chinese style spicy onion rings to spice up your party or any other special occasion. The chef here has prepared these onion rings with a spicy batter and deep fried for that crispy texture. Serve this crispy onion rings with any of your favorite dips... - 85.3435
If you are looking for a filling snack, watch this video! This video has a recipe of a Baked Brie which is prepared from a puff pastry. With a filling of apricot preserves, bacon and heavy cream, this recipe whips up an amazingly delicious dish. Try it! - 84.9379
For recipe directions, please refer to the video - 84.1571
Baked Vol Au Vent Pastry Cases
Vol-au-vent pastry cases can be easily made at home and filled with a filling of your choice. Simply watch this video to get an idea on how to make these puffy pastry cases and bake them just at the right temperature for the correct duration. While this video... - 83.5435
Duck Egg Pizza With A Puff Pastry Crust
What do you know about duck eggs, eh? In this video, Robin gives you some interesting information about duck eggs and she makes a Duck Egg Pizza with a Puff Pastry Crust. Yummy! Watch and learn, folks! - 82.9732
Cream And Jam Filled Baked Horns
Surprise your neighbors, your relatives, your in-laws and your envious friends with your new found culinary skills. Not everyone can make those artistic cream horns! But after watching this video, even you can make cream horns in minutes by following the... - 81.8685
Rabbit Pie : Part 3 - Pastry Sheets Preparation
Look at this part 3 of the rabbit pie video series that shows the preparation of pastry sheet. The video also takes up further with rabbit meat pie filling. Watch this interesting video and the entire series for the complete rabbit pie recipe. - 81.394
Now you don’t have to rush to the supermarket to buy those readymade pastry doughs or sheets. You can make them on your own after watching this video, which shows a real simple method of making this sweet pastry dough. A pre-requisite for any quick dessert... - 80.3723
A shortcrust pastry is simple to make at least that's what you will discover after watching this video. This video is a step by step guide on how to make the perfect shortcrust pastry dough and how to store it right. Greatly useful! - 79.9481
After all making suet pastry at home is no big deal at all! Watch this video to learn to make suet pastry in an easier process. Recommended! - 77.0865
Ma'amoul By Recovery Council
1. Combine flour, sugar, and butter.
2. Add milk (and rose water if desired) and knead well.
3. Form dough into small patties. Flatten patty in palm of hand.
4. Combine all filling ingredients and fill dough patty with 1 tablespoon filling.
5. Cover with... - 76.8855
1. Sieve the flour and salt into a clean bowl.
2. Cut the butter and lard into small pieces and add to the flour.
3. Using your fingers, rub the fats into the flour until it forms the texture of breadcrumbs.
4. Break the egg into a small jug and beat... - 74.3105
Basic Pastry Case
Not everyone knows how to bake a pastry case to perfection but after watching this video anyone can do that. Simple yet packed with just the information you need, this video teaches you how to bake your pastry case just right using uncooked rice. Heard of... - 72.8768
Unfried Onion Rings
Are you looking for a snack that fits your raw food diet perfectly? Watch this video to learn a super healthy and tasty Unfried Onion Rings recipe. Do not give this one a miss. - 64.2268
Pate A Choux Pastry Puffs
The Pate a Choux pastry puffs are perfect for any snack or breakfast purpose. You can make them in any desired shape and when they blows up, they become real puffy and tasty. You can serve them with jam or dip or sauce - whatever you prefer. - 62.6174
Chicken In Puff Pastry
This is a perfect summer garden party appetizer that you can prepare ahead of time and all of your friends will be asking for the recipe! See more photos at www.Food-Travels.com ! - 50.0572
If you love figs , here is an interesting recipe that lets you add figs to your everyday cooking. Delicious figs in your favorite dishes. This fig-filled pastry is a simple and easy recipe that has the mouthwatering flavors and tastes of figs. So now you... - 49.0838
Fish In Pastry
This fish in pastry recipe is prepared with grouper and raw oysters. Made with a mix of the oysters with capers and fish along with peppers and bechamel sauce, the fish is spread on to the pastry and sealed. Pop the fish in pastry in the oven for a lovely and... - 48.8424
Stuffed Squash Rings
If you were looking for something different, this Stuffed Squash Rings recipe is it! Your near and dear ones including your pals will vouch for this tempting Stuffed Squash Rings recipe. Try it. - 48.7816
1) In a saucepan, blend the heated milk and butter.
2) Put it aside and let it be cool to lukewarm.
3) Take 1/4 cup water and add yeast into it... - 48.594
Baked Cornwall Duck Pastry
Whip up this delicious Cornwall Duck Pastry that will have everyone reaching the bowl for seconds. This easy and simple recipe is something new to try for those special occasions. - 48.5349
Spinach Tart With Onion Rings
Spinach Tart With Onion Rings is an extremely simple dish. I prepare it for my tots as a snack. Serve the Spinach Tart With Onion Rings for your family and see how they fall in love with it! - 48.4774
Old Fashioned Apple Turnovers
Beat egg; stir in sugar, then sour milk and cream.
Sift 2 cups flour with soda, cream of tartar, salt, and spices and stir into first mixture.
Add more flour, enough to make a soft dough that can be rolled without sticking.
Turn out on floured board; divide... - 48.3192
Tart And Pie Pastry
To make the dough by hand, in a bowl stir together the flour, sugar and salt.
Add the butter or shortening and, using a pastry blender, fingertips or 2 knives, cut the butter or shortening into the flour until crumbly and the mixture resembles oatmeal.
Then,... - 48.2109
Carrot Onion Ring Salad
1. Peel carrots. Cut slanting slices about 1/4 inch thick.
2. In a pan cook carrots covered in 1 inch boiling water for 5 minutes.
3. Drain out from water and dip into cold water.
4. Drain out again and keep in serving bowl.
5. Separate onion slices... - 47.9876
Sweet Onion Rings
Sweet Onion Rings are a crispy, puffy, sweet, quick snack to relish on a bore day with family. Enjoy! - 47.766
Artichoke Pastry From Derbyshire
1) Preheat oven to moderate temperature before baking.
2) Mix together salt, pepper and nutmeg.
3) Cover artichokes with boiling salted water and cook until just soft and drain well, when done.
4) In a shallow oven-proof dish, place the... - 47.5569
Are you looking for a yummy Chocolate Squares recipe? Then you are in luck! Made with Chocolate Squares is a mouth-watering dish. An assortment of fabulous flavors, the Chocolate Squares recipe is one of those dishes you simply shouldn't miss. Pamper everyone... - 47.3558
1) In a heavy skillet heat oil.
2) Add onions, zucchini and bell pepper and saute till they turn soft.
3) Next, add the tomatoes and corn and saute for a while.
4) Add in the water and place the lid over the skillet.
5) Add in as much water required... - 47.0895
Concord Grape Pie With Orange Pastry
ORANGE PASTRY: In bowl, combine flour, salt and orange rind; with pastry blender or two knives, cut in shortening until in coarse crumbs.
With fork, gradually mix in orange juice until moistened.
Press into ball; flatten into disc, cover lightly and... - 47.039
Potato Filled Pastries
These Potato Filled Pastries a wonderful addition to your tea party spread. A yummy snack, these Potato Filled Pastries have a signature taste that you just wont get enough off! Try it! - 46.8059
Sweet Pastry Flowers
The Sweet Pastry Flowers is a yummy egg and bean paste filled pastry that is simply addictive. You really cant stop with just one of these yummy pastries. Try this wonderful Sweet Pastry Flowers recipe! - 46.7494
Creamed Chicken In Puff Pastry
1. Preheat the oven.
2. Cut the chicken into 1/2 inch dice (about 3 cups).
3. Bake the puff pastry shells as per the package instructions.
4. Trim 1/4 inch off the bottom of the mushroom stems, wipe the mushrooms clean with a damp paper towel... - 46.5469
1) Take a 1 1/2-quart ring mold and grease it.
2) Preheat the oven at 350 degrees.
3) Mix the shortening and sugar to make them fluffy.
4) Take the eggs and beat them.
5) Take the salt, baking powder, baking soda and flour together.
6)... - 46.5226
To prepare the yeast, sprinkle dry yeast or crumble cake into water. Use very warm water (105°F.to 115° F.) for dry yeast; use lukewarm (80°F.to 90 °F.) for compressed.
Let stand for a few minutes; then stir until dissolved.
Sift flour with sugar and... - 46.2979
Puff Pastry Apple Tartlets With Contempo Caramel Sauce
To Prepare Pastry: Preheat oven to 375°F.
If puff pastry is folded in thirds, to eliminate the creases, fold it in half and on a lightly floured board, roll to 1/4-inch thickness.
Cut out 2 apple shapes about 6 inches wide and 5 inches long.
Cut out 4 leaves... - 46.1437
1) Take a clean bowl and mix flour and salt in it.
2) With the help of a fork, blend in corn oil and stir continuously to mix it in thoroughly.
3) Splash some water on the top of this mixture and press well with hands to form a ball. If the dough seems... - 46.0006
Fresh Raspberry Pastries
1) Preheat the oven to 425°F.
2) Rinse the raspberries and combine with 3 tablespoons sugar and lemon juice. Chill until needed.
3) In a bowl, sift the flour, salt, baking powder and 1 tablespoon sugar.
4) Cut in the butter or... - 45.9997
Salmon In Puff Pastry
1. Preheat the oven to 190°C/375°F/ Gas 5. Roll out two-thirds of the pastry into a large oval, measuring 35cm/14in in length. Cut into a curved fish shape and place on a lightly greased large baking sheet.
2. Use the trimmings to make narrow strips. Brush... - 45.8868
What better way can there be to end your meal than with this wonderfully delicious Spicy Pastry ! Here's is an extermely simple recipe for Spicy Pastry for you to try and WOW your friends and family! - 45.8656
Scallops In Puff Pastry With Roasted Red Pepper Sauce
1)To prepare roasted red pepper sauce – roast, peel and dessed fresh peppers. Slice them .
2)In a heavy pan, boil water, bell pepper, wine, broth and wine. Reduce liquid to 3 tablespoon full.
3)Add in cream and simmer to thicken.
4)Blend to... - 45.8421
Sesame Cheese Pastries
1. Pre heat an oven at 190 C (380 F).
2. In a medium sized bowl, combine cheese, garlic, pepper and hummus. Whisk well and keep aside.
3. On a flat working surface, place a filo square.
4. Brush lightly with butter and place a spoonful... - 45.7704
Pastry Recipes By Category