- » Pastry
Pastry refers to different kinds of baked food items that are prepared from the ingredients like milk, shortening, flour, butter, eggs and baking powder. Pastry dishes can include small cakes, sweet tasting baked ... More »
Quick Pastry Cream
As a home cook you often have to make recipes that require stuffing, filling and even though all this is readily available in the market, it is always wise to make it at home for better of the family and save money. Watch this video to learn making pastry... - 146.202
Korean Sweet Manju Pastry
How about a Korean Dessert after a Korean meal? Try Maangchi's sweet manju pastry that can even be served as snack. This Korean pastry is protein rich with the lima beans filling and looks delicious with the sesame seed on top. Her step by step instructions... - 145.818
Mango Powder Puffs
This mango powder puffs recipe took me by surprise, as I could not believe how such simple plain puffs would taste with a mere sprinkling of mango powder. But you have to trust me on that, this is one quick recipe which will scintillate your taste buds and it... - 137.356
This is a great idea for an appetizer or an appetizing snack, either sweet or savory... let's make the stuffed triangles! - 136.498
Quick Puff Pastry Hearts
The way to your loved one's heart is through their stomach, so tempt him/her with these delicious puff pastry hearts! - 135.455
Easy Fruit Pastries
For all the pastry lovers out there, here video that shows a super easy recipe for delicious fruit pastries. The chef makes the pastries with packaged puff pastries and pastry cream with plenty of fresh fruits. These simple fruit pastries are indeed worth... - 132.48
Pineapple Pastry With Microwave Eggless Sponge Cake
Pastries are not only meant to be tedious and time consuming. Try this Microwave Cake recipe for hassle-free ending. Like with any pastries the magic lies in the sponge sheet. You get that right and everything will be just so easy. Try your hands on this very... - 126.543
Curried Beef Empanadas
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees fahrenheit.
2. In a pan, saute ginger and garlic in the olive oil.
3. Add onions and cook.
4. Season with salt.
5. Add carrots and ground beef.
6. Add roasted cumin and curry powder and stir.
7. Add parsley... - 124.451
Beer Battered Onion Rings
1. In a mixing bowl, mix together the flour, salt and baking powder.
2. In another bowl, whisk together the beer, egg and vegetable oil. Stir this mixture into the flour mixture until it is well combined.
3. Peel 1 large onion and then cut it into 1/8... - 122.883
Perfect Crispy Onion Rings
Onion rings are such a delight to eat. They go perfectly with just about everything. These particular ones are covered in batter and then breadcrumbs. They will come out perfect every time. - 122.811
Perfectly Blind Baked Pastry
Perfectly blind baked pastry is for all those people who love to make their tarts and pies in their own kitchen from the scratch. This video will show you how to get the best prebaked pie shell. Take a look at this video and learn the secrets of getting this... - 120.019
Puff Pastry - Recipe
This is a staple recipe, that everyone should try at least once in their life: the puff pastry. - 119.559
Sloppy Joes With Onion Rings
An easy dish to whip up for the kids! Sloppy Joes are meaty enough not to break the bank! Watch Ken make these Joes in this video! - 116.909
Let's make with Sonia a classic and timeless dessert: the chocolate profiteroles, made of many puffs of choux pastry, filled with Chantilly cream and topped with a chocolate sauce... impossible to resist! - 116.741
Rabbit Pie : Part 3 - Pastry Sheets Preparation
Look at this part 3 of the rabbit pie video series that shows the preparation of pastry sheet. The video also takes up further with rabbit meat pie filling. Watch this interesting video and the entire series for the complete rabbit pie recipe. - 116.318
Tasty Jelly Roll Dessert Pastry
1. Pre-heat the oven to 400 degrees F.
2. Grease a jelly roll pan with butter, lay a parchment paper over the greased pan and add some melted butter over it.
3. Take the eggs one at a time, crack and separate the yolk from the whites.... - 113.626
If you stay away from digging into your favorite pie for the fear of adding extra inches to your waistline, here is a recipe that can do wonders for your craving. This recipe tells you how to make healthy, low fat pie crust from the scratch. Just replace the... - 112.809
Oven Baked Onion Rings
1. Preheat oven to 450 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. In a bowl, mix 2 cups of non-dairy milk, 1 tablespoon of vinegar and a dash of tobasco sauce(or any other hot sauce)
3. Cut the top and bottom of the onion and cut into 3 quarter inch rings... - 110.217
Crunchy Chocolate And Almond Pastry
Pastries are favorites of kids as well as adults and here is a recipe with chocolate. Check out Garry showing how to make Crunchy Chocolate Pastry with chocolate sauce and almond meal as the key ingredients. Great for parties or breakfast as well. - 109.753
This is a sweet pastry that can be used for making many delicious treats. - 109.052
Jelly Pocket Pastry
Want to give a surprise treat to your kids, this recipe is a must-try for you. In this video, the chef delicately handle the pastry sheet to fill with any type of jelly and place it in the oven. Once ready, it is going to be the best snack time you have ever... - 107.643
Baked Puff Pastry With Walnut Filling
People with sweet tooth can never stop looking and eating desserts. Are you one such person? Here is a quick video that can help you make quick dessert with puff pastry. This is good when you have surprise guests coming or even if you plan ahead of time.... - 106.901
Puff Pastry Twist
This is an easy recipe to make Puff Pastry Twist. Puff Pastry Twist is a delicious appetizer. Check out this short video for this super easy recipe. - 105.729
Frizzled Onion Rings
This is part of our fried foods video. When you fry food at home they can be healthier. I recommend safflower or sunflower oil. Make sure the oil is heated properly before frying and please dispose the oil after use. Try these thin, fried onion rings as a... - 103.536
If you think that making spinach pastry and cheese pie is an all-day affair, you are in for a big surprise. Eva tells you how to make perfect pastry and pie in a matter of few hours. Treat this wonderful Greek dish to your family at dinners. - 103.014
Puffed Pastry Filled With Berries And Cream
Want a really easy yet elegant dessert on a lazy day? In this video, chef L.J Martin has found some wonderful frozen pastry cups to make an easy dessert. He is using some strawberries and blue berries but you can use any berry you like. It’s a fun to make... - 99.5954
Baked Vol Au Vent Pastry Cases
Vol-au-vent pastry cases can be easily made at home and filled with a filling of your choice. Simply watch this video to get an idea on how to make these puffy pastry cases and bake them just at the right temperature for the correct duration. While this video... - 95.3834
Hot And Spicy Onion Rings
If you are looking for an ideal accompaniment for your fish and chips, your search ends here. Betty whomps up her classic favorite onion ring recipe that not only satisfies, but is also simple to make. Tune into the video recipe to learn how to make this... - 94.4592
Duck Egg Pizza With A Puff Pastry Crust
What do you know about duck eggs, eh? In this video, Robin gives you some interesting information about duck eggs and she makes a Duck Egg Pizza with a Puff Pastry Crust. Yummy! Watch and learn, folks! - 92.3357
Spicy Onion Rings
Here is Chinese style spicy onion rings to spice up your party or any other special occasion. The chef here has prepared these onion rings with a spicy batter and deep fried for that crispy texture. Serve this crispy onion rings with any of your favorite dips... - 88.3246
Are you looking for a fancy appetizer dish that looks impressive, tastes really good but is simple to make? Then this video is just the thing for you. Watch and learn to bake the perfect vol au vent, a classic French appetizer that can also be served as a... - 86.319
If you are looking for a filling snack, watch this video! This video has a recipe of a Baked Brie which is prepared from a puff pastry. With a filling of apricot preserves, bacon and heavy cream, this recipe whips up an amazingly delicious dish. Try it! - 86.3107
For recipe directions, please refer to the video - 85.5559
Sweet Pastry Dough
Now you don’t have to rush to the supermarket to buy those readymade pastry doughs or sheets. You can make them on your own after watching this video, which shows a real simple method of making this sweet pastry dough. A pre-requisite for any quick dessert... - 83.4557
Once A Week Kitchen - How To Make Pasties For Cheats
Here is a traditional recipe with a shortcut for busy people who are strapped for time. This recipe is probably the easiest and most convenient way to make the classic English pasties when time is scarce. They make a hearty lunch for work or great snacks for... - 82.0564
A shortcrust pastry is simple to make at least that's what you will discover after watching this video. This video is a step by step guide on how to make the perfect shortcrust pastry dough and how to store it right. Greatly useful! - 81.3104
Here’s a very quirky look at how to make a classic English pastry -apple turnovers. So simple to make, this puff pastry can well prepared with apple and an oven. Here’s the video, they turned out great… - 78.693
After all making suet pastry at home is no big deal at all! Watch this video to learn to make suet pastry in an easier process. Recommended! - 78.458
Once A Week Kitchen - Savoury Pinwheels
Delicious savory pinwheel snacks made in 15 minutes with buttery flaky pastry, marmite spread and cheddar cheese. They are perfect as nibbles. Be sure to invite these warm and savory pinwheels to your next party cause they are sure to be a hit. - 77.1198
1. Sieve the flour and salt into a clean bowl.
2. Cut the butter and lard into small pieces and add to the flour.
3. Using your fingers, rub the fats into the flour until it forms the texture of breadcrumbs.
4. Break the egg into a small jug and beat... - 73.9545
Basic Pastry Case
Not everyone knows how to bake a pastry case to perfection but after watching this video anyone can do that. Simple yet packed with just the information you need, this video teaches you how to bake your pastry case just right using uncooked rice. Heard of... - 72.59
Pate A Choux Pastry Puffs
The Pate a Choux pastry puffs are perfect for any snack or breakfast purpose. You can make them in any desired shape and when they blows up, they become real puffy and tasty. You can serve them with jam or dip or sauce - whatever you prefer. - 63.9485
Unfried Onion Rings
Are you looking for a snack that fits your raw food diet perfectly? Watch this video to learn a super healthy and tasty Unfried Onion Rings recipe. Do not give this one a miss. - 63.9112
Chicken In Puff Pastry
This is a perfect summer garden party appetizer that you can prepare ahead of time and all of your friends will be asking for the recipe! See more photos at www.Food-Travels.com ! - 49.7792
Are you looking for a yummy Chocolate Squares recipe? Then you are in luck! Made with Chocolate Squares is a mouth-watering dish. An assortment of fabulous flavors, the Chocolate Squares recipe is one of those dishes you simply shouldn't miss. Pamper everyone... - 49.1816
If you love figs , here is an interesting recipe that lets you add figs to your everyday cooking. Delicious figs in your favorite dishes. This fig-filled pastry is a simple and easy recipe that has the mouthwatering flavors and tastes of figs. So now you... - 48.9641
1) In a saucepan, blend the heated milk and butter.
2) Put it aside and let it be cool to lukewarm.
3) Take 1/4 cup water and add yeast into it... - 48.6652
Tart And Pie Pastry
To make the dough by hand, in a bowl stir together the flour, sugar and salt.
Add the butter or shortening and, using a pastry blender, fingertips or 2 knives, cut the butter or shortening into the flour until crumbly and the mixture resembles oatmeal.
Then,... - 48.6127
Baked Cornwall Duck Pastry
Whip up this delicious Cornwall Duck Pastry that will have everyone reaching the bowl for seconds. This easy and simple recipe is something new to try for those special occasions. - 47.8303
Creamed Chicken In Puff Pastry
1. Preheat the oven.
2. Cut the chicken into 1/2 inch dice (about 3 cups).
3. Bake the puff pastry shells as per the package instructions.
4. Trim 1/4 inch off the bottom of the mushroom stems, wipe the mushrooms clean with a damp paper towel... - 47.5027
Lemon In Pastry Shell
1) Take 4 cup mixing bowl and line with piece of foil.
2) Fill the mixing bowl with crumpled paper towels.
3) Excess foil over the paper towels can be folded over the paper towels.
4) Take half of the pastry and roll into 1/8-inch... - 47.403
1) In a heavy skillet heat oil.
2) Add onions, zucchini and bell pepper and saute till they turn soft.
3) Next, add the tomatoes and corn and saute for a while.
4) Add in the water and place the lid over the skillet.
5) Add in as much water required... - 46.9913
Ham Stuffed Pastries
Steam ham for 30 minutes.
Cool, then mince finely.
Combine with other filling ingredients and set aside.
To make pastry, combine all ingredients and knead to form a pliable dough.
Divide dough into two portions.
Shape one portion into a ball and set... - 46.7182
Scallops In Puff Pastry With Roasted Red Pepper Sauce
1)To prepare roasted red pepper sauce – roast, peel and dessed fresh peppers. Slice them .
2)In a heavy pan, boil water, bell pepper, wine, broth and wine. Reduce liquid to 3 tablespoon full.
3)Add in cream and simmer to thicken.
4)Blend to... - 46.5126
Cornwall Duck Pastry
1) Preheat oven to 425° F.
2) Combine sifted flour, salt and coin meal.
3) Add shortening to cut in with 2 knives or pastry blender until mixture resembles coarse meal.
4) Pour in water and form dough by mixing with a fork.
5) Roll the dough to... - 46.3335
Fish In Pastry
This fish in pastry recipe is prepared with grouper and raw oysters. Made with a mix of the oysters with capers and fish along with peppers and bechamel sauce, the fish is spread on to the pastry and sealed. Pop the fish in pastry in the oven for a lovely and... - 46.1324
Viennese Chocolate Dream Pastries
1 Preheat the oven to 425°Fahrenheit.
2 Let both the pie crust pouches stand at room temperature for 15 to 20 minutes.
2. Remove 1 pie crust from pouch, unfold the crust; press out fold lines.
3 On ungreased cookie sheet or... - 45.9314
Sesame Cheese Pastries
1. Pre heat an oven at 190 C (380 F).
2. In a medium sized bowl, combine cheese, garlic, pepper and hummus. Whisk well and keep aside.
3. On a flat working surface, place a filo square.
4. Brush lightly with butter and place a spoonful... - 45.909
Choux Pastry With Cheese
1. Cut half the cheese into small cubes
2. Grate the remaining cheese
3. Grease a ring mould or savarin mould with a little butter and sprinkle with flour.
4. Preheat oven to 400°F/200°C (Gas Mark 6)
5. In a large saucepan, tip the... - 45.8129
Pastry Crab Puffs
Put water, salt, butter, and hot pepper seasoning in a 2-quart saucepan.
Bring mixture to a full rolling boil over high heat; add flour all at once, remove pan from heat, and stir vigorously until mixture forms a ball and leaves sides of pan.
Beat in eggs,... - 45.5933
Baked Macaroni In Pastry
1. In a pan fry the onion in butter, add the minced meat, bacon and cook for 5 minutes.
2. Then add the liver and cook for three more minutes.
3. Then add the tomato puree and stock, let it simmer gently for 15 minutes and season with salt & pepper.
4.... - 45.459
1) Take a clean bowl and mix flour and salt in it.
2) With the help of a fork, blend in corn oil and stir continuously to mix it in thoroughly.
3) Splash some water on the top of this mixture and press well with hands to form a ball. If the dough seems... - 45.4458
Fresh Raspberry Pastries
1) Preheat the oven to 425°F.
2) Rinse the raspberries and combine with 3 tablespoons sugar and lemon juice. Chill until needed.
3) In a bowl, sift the flour, salt, baking powder and 1 tablespoon sugar.
4) Cut in the butter or... - 45.4239
Potato Filled Pastries
These Potato Filled Pastries a wonderful addition to your tea party spread. A yummy snack, these Potato Filled Pastries have a signature taste that you just wont get enough off! Try it! - 45.2578
Fried Stuffed Pastries
1) Into a bowl, sift together the flour and 1/2 teaspoon of salt.
2) To this, with a pastry blender, cut in the shortening.
3) In a small bowl, beat together the egg yolk and water.
4) To the flour mixture, add this and toss gently until the mix... - 45.253
Apple Walnut Pastry
A yummy dessert..the apple walnut pastry is a simple and easy recipe fit for beginners. Take the first step into the culinary world with this step by step guide to a great dish. - 45.1417
Fig Nut Turnovers
1) Preheat the oven to 425°F
2) Take a saucepan and add sugar, figs, apple, almonds, rind, liquid, cinnamon and mace. Mix well.
3) Place the saucepan over medium heat and simmer the mixture for about 5-6 minutes, until apples are tender... - 45.1209
1. Take a bowl and sift the flour and salt together into it for making the pastry.
2. Rub in some butter and add just the right amount of water in order to make a soft dough which is not sticky in consistency.
3. Knead it to form a ball and leave it... - 44.834
Artichoke Pastry From Derbyshire
1) Preheat oven to moderate temperature before baking.
2) Mix together salt, pepper and nutmeg.
3) Cover artichokes with boiling salted water and cook until just soft and drain well, when done.
4) In a shallow oven-proof dish, place the... - 44.6042
Beef Fillet Wrapped In Pastry
1. In a large frying pan melt half the butter, when sizzling, add fillet and cook over a medium heat for 10 minutes, turning to brown and seal all sides.
2. Remove meat from pan and set aside to cool completely.
3. In the empty frying pan melt... - 44.5542
Sweet Pastry Flowers
The Sweet Pastry Flowers is a yummy egg and bean paste filled pastry that is simply addictive. You really cant stop with just one of these yummy pastries. Try this wonderful Sweet Pastry Flowers recipe! - 44.4853
Apples In Pastry Robes
1 To make the filling: In a food processor fitted with the metal blade, grind the walnuts and sugar until finely chopped.
2 Transfer to a medium saucepan and stir in the milk, bread crumbs, cinnamon, and lemon zest.
3 Bring to a boil over... - 44.4637
1.On a well floured surface, roll the dough.
2.Make 4 equal divisions of the dough and once done make rounds of 6 cm of each.
3.Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
4.In a pan, heat fat and stir in beef.
5.Fry it for 5 minutes until the meat... - 44.3577
Truffle Filled Pastries
1) Heat the oven to 350°F.
2) Using a food processor or an electric mixer, beat the butter with the sugar until smooth.
3) Stir in vanilla.
4) Mix in the flour, then remove the dough and divide into 20 pieces.
5) Wrap the dough pieces... - 44.349
Almond And Sesame Seed Pastry
1. Pre heat an oven at 175 C (350 F).
2. In a shallow baking pan, combine almonds and sesame seeds evenly and toast in middle rack of pre heated oven for 10 minutes or till they start to colour.
3. Remove from oven and keep aside to cool.
4.... - 44.3423
Tomato Puff Pastry
1. Pre heat an oven at 200 C (400 F).
2. In a medium sized bowl, combine sun dried tomatoes, herbs and oil. Mix well and keep aside.
3. On a floured surface, place puff pastry and roll lightly.
4. Keeping ½ inch borders free from all... - 44.3175
Concord Grape Pie With Orange Pastry
ORANGE PASTRY: In bowl, combine flour, salt and orange rind; with pastry blender or two knives, cut in shortening until in coarse crumbs.
With fork, gradually mix in orange juice until moistened.
Press into ball; flatten into disc, cover lightly and... - 44.1824
Sunday Pate In Puff Pastry
1)In a plastic bag set into a dish, put in veal and pork.
2)In a small bowl, mix in Madeira, celery, white wine, carrot, onion, shallots, garlic, salt, pepper, rosemary and bay leaf to make the marinade.
3)Mix marinade with meat in bag and seal... - 44.16
To make yeast dough, use recipe for Danish Scrolls, opposite, reserving extra 1/2 cup (50 g) flour and 3/4 cup (175 g) butter.
Work flour into butter.
Using flour and butter mixture to dot over dough, refrigerate, fold and roll as in the recipe.
Grease baking... - 44.1564
Meat Stuffed Pastries
1) In a bowl, sift the flour and salt together.
2) Stir in the butter and yoghurt, knead gently into a dough;
cover and allow to stand for 30 minutes.
3) In a skillet, saute the garlic and onions in the butter for 5 minutes.
4) Stir in... - 44.1509
Miniature Almond Pastries
Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
Lightly grease miniature muffin tins (ones with cups about 1 3/4 inches in diameter).
Make one recipe Rich Pastry Shell.
Chill the pastry well, preferably overnight.
When it is well chilled, roll out the pastry,... - 44.126
Mini Pizza Pastries
1. Preheat oven to 425°.
2. Place on lightly greased or nonstick baking sheet.
3. Place puff pastry on cutting board and thaw.
4. In a bowl combine tomato paste, basil, oregano, garlic, salt and pepper to taste and set aside.
5. Using a... - 43.9893
Creamed Eggs With Pastry Triangles
Sift dry ingredients into a bowl.
Rub in fats until mixture resembles fine breadcrumbs.
Mix to a stiff paste with the cold water.
Turn out on to a lightly floured board and knead quickly till smooth.
Roll out into an 8-inch round keeping it as neat as... - 43.8317
Nut And Pastry Pudding
In a lightly buttered baking sheet, place the filo pastry and bake for about 15 minutes or until crisp.
Remove from the oven and set aside.
In a saucepan pour the milk and the cream, then heat very gently until hot but not boiling.
Beat together the egg and... - 43.8113
Puff Pastry Apple Tartlets With Contempo Caramel Sauce
To Prepare Pastry: Preheat oven to 375°F.
If puff pastry is folded in thirds, to eliminate the creases, fold it in half and on a lightly floured board, roll to 1/4-inch thickness.
Cut out 2 apple shapes about 6 inches wide and 5 inches long.
Cut out 4 leaves... - 43.7178
Pastry Filled With Nuts And Honey
Butter the bottom and sides of a large baking pan about 40 cm x 30 cm/16 in x 12 in.
Lay a sheet of phyllo in it, and brush with melted butter.
Place a second pastry sheet on top of the first, and butter again.
In this way, butter about 8 layers of... - 43.6874
Pastry is basically a rich dough made with milk, butter, shortening, eggs. It is used in baking and serving some sweet or savory dish. Pastries can be filled with sweet filling or savory filling. The savory pastry makes a good side dish or even a snack or... - 43.6818
Garden Fresh Pastry Squares
Remove pastry from freezer; let stand at room temperature 20 to 25 minutes while preparing filling.
Meanwhile, cook onion in butter in medium-size saucepan until tender.
Add squash and pepper;'cook 5 minutes, stirring frequently.
Add sauce mix, water, and... - 43.5513
Asparagus In Puff Pastry
Preheat the oven to 425Â°F (220Â° C).
Cut the asparagus into 1/2" (1.25 cm) pieces and steam only until fork tender.
Drain and place in a mixing bowl; sprinkle with salt.
To make the sauce, melt the butter in a large saucepan and, when it is... - 43.5046
The apricot filled pastries are baked pastries made with cooked apricots. Baked with a dough of four, salt, water, the pastries are filled with sugared apricot and vanilla mix. Frosted with a sugar glze, the apricot filled pastires are best served after... - 43.4053
What better way can there be to end your meal than with this wonderfully delicious Spicy Pastry ! Here's is an extermely simple recipe for Spicy Pastry for you to try and WOW your friends and family! - 43.3983
Carrot Filled Rye Pastries
Delicious Carrot Filled Rye Pastries are always a treat ! These pastries are often eaten even before it can be brought to the dining table. Try this wonderful Carrot Filled Rye Pastries recipe. - 43.39
Chicken And Rice In Pastry
Cut the chicken into ¾" (2 cm) pieces.
Sprinkle the chicken fillets with the salt and 1 tbsp (15 ml) of parsley.
Heat 1/2 of the butter in a sauce pan; saute 1/4 of the onion until tender.
Add the rice and chicken stock, cook the rice to... - 43.3717
Cream Horns With Brandy
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F
2. Roll the puff pastry into half inch thickness and cut into six inch strips
3. Keep eight metal horn moulds ready and wind the pastry strips around them, making sure the edges overlap, and seal them
4.... - 43.3459
Cream together honey, shortening, and oil.
Sift together the flours, baking soda, and salt.
Add flour mixture to creamed mixture.
Add water, oats, and seeds.
Work into a stiff dough.
Separate into four parts.
Refrigerate about 2 hours, or until... - 43.2987
1. Chop up the mushrooms, bacon, bread, onion and parsley finely.
2. Then, add the meat and let the mixture for about 5 minutes in the butter.
3. Add some ketchup and season to enhance the taste.
4. Compress the pastry to a 12-inch square. Slice these... - 43.2831
Pastry Recipes By Category