- » Pastry
Pastry refers to different kinds of baked food items that are prepared from the ingredients like milk, shortening, flour, butter, eggs and baking powder. Pastry dishes can include small cakes, sweet tasting baked ... More »
Quick Puff Pastry Hearts
The way to your loved one's heart is through their stomach, so tempt him/her with these delicious puff pastry hearts! - 135.518
This is a great idea for an appetizer or an appetizing snack, either sweet or savory... let's make the stuffed triangles! - 135.017
Korean Sweet Manju Pastry
How about a Korean Dessert after a Korean meal? Try Maangchi's sweet manju pastry that can even be served as snack. This Korean pastry is protein rich with the lima beans filling and looks delicious with the sesame seed on top. Her step by step instructions... - 134.563
Easy Fruit Pastries
For all the pastry lovers out there, here video that shows a super easy recipe for delicious fruit pastries. The chef makes the pastries with packaged puff pastries and pastry cream with plenty of fresh fruits. These simple fruit pastries are indeed worth... - 130.78
Guinness Beer-battered Onion Rings
For all those who like eating onion rings at the restaurant, should definitely take a look at this guinness beer-battered onion rings recipe and try making some at home. Watch the video to see step by step instructions to make fresh-cut slices of sweet... - 129.925
Pineapple Pastry With Microwave Eggless Sponge Cake
Pastries are not only meant to be tedious and time consuming. Try this Microwave Cake recipe for hassle-free ending. Like with any pastries the magic lies in the sponge sheet. You get that right and everything will be just so easy. Try your hands on this very... - 126.946
Mango Powder Puffs
This mango powder puffs recipe took me by surprise, as I could not believe how such simple plain puffs would taste with a mere sprinkling of mango powder. But you have to trust me on that, this is one quick recipe which will scintillate your taste buds and it... - 121.339
Curried Beef Empanadas
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees fahrenheit.
2. In a pan, saute ginger and garlic in the olive oil.
3. Add onions and cook.
4. Season with salt.
5. Add carrots and ground beef.
6. Add roasted cumin and curry powder and stir.
7. Add parsley... - 121.207
Perfect Crispy Onion Rings
Onion rings are such a delight to eat. They go perfectly with just about everything. These particular ones are covered in batter and then breadcrumbs. They will come out perfect every time. - 119.479
Puff Pastry - Recipe
This is a staple recipe, that everyone should try at least once in their life: the puff pastry. - 118.003
Frizzled Onion Rings
This is part of our fried foods video. When you fry food at home they can be healthier. I recommend safflower or sunflower oil. Make sure the oil is heated properly before frying and please dispose the oil after use. Try these thin, fried onion rings as a... - 113.973
Old Fashioned Buffalo Onion Rings
Want that restaurant style spicy onion rings?? Watch this video to learn it all. These spicy onion rings are seasoned to perfection. It is the perfect way to spice up your platter and give you a rich savory taste. This video certainly makes you crave for more. - 113.965
Sloppy Joes With Onion Rings
An easy dish to whip up for the kids! Sloppy Joes are meaty enough not to break the bank! Watch Ken make these Joes in this video! - 113.699
Let's make with Sonia a classic and timeless dessert: the chocolate profiteroles, made of many puffs of choux pastry, filled with Chantilly cream and topped with a chocolate sauce... impossible to resist! - 113.371
How To Make Pastry Cream
As a home cook you often have to make recipes that require stuffing, filling and even though all this is readily available in the market, it is always wise to make it at home for better of the family and save money. Watch this video to learn making pastry... - 112.174
Tasty Jelly Roll Dessert Pastry
1. Pre-heat the oven to 400 degrees F.
2. Grease a jelly roll pan with butter, lay a parchment paper over the greased pan and add some melted butter over it.
3. Take the eggs one at a time, crack and separate the yolk from the whites.... - 111.905
Looking for a filling for your Eclairs? Here it is, pretty easy to make, based on an egg custard. - 111.472
If you stay away from digging into your favorite pie for the fear of adding extra inches to your waistline, here is a recipe that can do wonders for your craving. This recipe tells you how to make healthy, low fat pie crust from the scratch. Just replace the... - 109.472
Crunchy Chocolate And Almond Pastry
Pastries are favorites of kids as well as adults and here is a recipe with chocolate. Check out Garry showing how to make Crunchy Chocolate Pastry with chocolate sauce and almond meal as the key ingredients. Great for parties or breakfast as well. - 108.186
Crispy Onion Rings
Are you really missing the plate of crispy and crunchy onion rings served in your favorite restaurant? Don't bother, as you can prepare the same at your home once you go through this video. Arrange your favorite dip to serve on side with the onion rings. - 108.094
This is a sweet pastry that can be used for making many delicious treats. - 107.353
Oven Baked Onion Rings
1. Preheat oven to 450 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. In a bowl, mix 2 cups of non-dairy milk, 1 tablespoon of vinegar and a dash of tobasco sauce(or any other hot sauce)
3. Cut the top and bottom of the onion and cut into 3 quarter inch rings... - 106.909
Perfectly Blind Baked Pastry
Perfectly blind baked pastry is for all those people who love to make their tarts and pies in their own kitchen from the scratch. This video will show you how to get the best prebaked pie shell. Take a look at this video and learn the secrets of getting this... - 104.104
Short Crust Pastry
If you love to bake, this short crust pastry recipe will be very handy for you to make your tarts and pies. Its easy and quick and comes together really nice. As you make it with your own hand this is going to dignify your dishes. Take a look for the quick... - 103.852
Baked Puff Pastry With Walnut Filling
People with sweet tooth can never stop looking and eating desserts. Are you one such person? Here is a quick video that can help you make quick dessert with puff pastry. This is good when you have surprise guests coming or even if you plan ahead of time.... - 103.629
Salted Peanut Caramel Squares
1. For base, in a bowl, add pretzel crumbs, sugar, and butter. Mix to incorporate.
2. Line 8x8-inch baking pan with parchment paper. Transfer mixture into it and press well.
3. Preheat oven to 350 degree F or 180 degree C.
4. Place pan... - 103.613
Jelly Pocket Pastry
Want to give a surprise treat to your kids, this recipe is a must-try for you. In this video, the chef delicately handle the pastry sheet to fill with any type of jelly and place it in the oven. Once ready, it is going to be the best snack time you have ever... - 102.761
Puff Pastry Twist
This is an easy recipe to make Puff Pastry Twist. Puff Pastry Twist is a delicious appetizer. Check out this short video for this super easy recipe. - 102.506
If you think that making spinach pastry and cheese pie is an all-day affair, you are in for a big surprise. Eva tells you how to make perfect pastry and pie in a matter of few hours. Treat this wonderful Greek dish to your family at dinners. - 101.441
Once A Week Kitchen - How To Make Pasties For Cheats
Here is a traditional recipe with a shortcut for busy people who are strapped for time. This recipe is probably the easiest and most convenient way to make the classic English pasties when time is scarce. They make a hearty lunch for work or great snacks for... - 101.198
Puffed Pastry Filled With Berries And Cream
Want a really easy yet elegant dessert on a lazy day? In this video, chef L.J Martin has found some wonderful frozen pastry cups to make an easy dessert. He is using some strawberries and blue berries but you can use any berry you like. It’s a fun to make... - 97.9441
Once A Week Kitchen - Savoury Pinwheels
Delicious savory pinwheel snacks made in 15 minutes with buttery flaky pastry, marmite spread and cheddar cheese. They are perfect as nibbles. Be sure to invite these warm and savory pinwheels to your next party cause they are sure to be a hit. - 97.1385
Oven-fried Onion Rings
These baked onion-rings are not only ten times low-fat than the fried ones but it saves the messy job of deep-frying! And who would have thought that oven-fried rings could be as crispy as fried ones? Chef John’s secret to crispy oven-fried onion rings is... - 95.9268
Hot And Spicy Onion Rings
If you are looking for an ideal accompaniment for your fish and chips, your search ends here. Betty whomps up her classic favorite onion ring recipe that not only satisfies, but is also simple to make. Tune into the video recipe to learn how to make this... - 91.2598
Oven Onion Rings
Finally, I've found a recipe that consumes less oil and yet has that amazing taste. We are talking about the Oven Onion Rings here. They are pretty simple to make and you can learn how to do so from this Foodwishes video. And as always, enjoy! - 89.4859
Spicy Onion Rings
Here is Chinese style spicy onion rings to spice up your party or any other special occasion. The chef here has prepared these onion rings with a spicy batter and deep fried for that crispy texture. Serve this crispy onion rings with any of your favorite dips... - 85.089
If you are looking for a filling snack, watch this video! This video has a recipe of a Baked Brie which is prepared from a puff pastry. With a filling of apricot preserves, bacon and heavy cream, this recipe whips up an amazingly delicious dish. Try it! - 84.6711
Are you looking for a fancy appetizer dish that looks impressive, tastes really good but is simple to make? Then this video is just the thing for you. Watch and learn to bake the perfect vol au vent, a classic French appetizer that can also be served as a... - 84.6168
For recipe directions, please refer to the video - 83.8898
Duck Egg Pizza With A Puff Pastry Crust
What do you know about duck eggs, eh? In this video, Robin gives you some interesting information about duck eggs and she makes a Duck Egg Pizza with a Puff Pastry Crust. Yummy! Watch and learn, folks! - 82.7065
Baked Vol Au Vent Pastry Cases
Vol-au-vent pastry cases can be easily made at home and filled with a filling of your choice. Simply watch this video to get an idea on how to make these puffy pastry cases and bake them just at the right temperature for the correct duration. While this video... - 81.6102
Cream And Jam Filled Baked Horns
Surprise your neighbors, your relatives, your in-laws and your envious friends with your new found culinary skills. Not everyone can make those artistic cream horns! But after watching this video, even you can make cream horns in minutes by following the... - 81.6
Rabbit Pie : Part 3 - Pastry Sheets Preparation
Look at this part 3 of the rabbit pie video series that shows the preparation of pastry sheet. The video also takes up further with rabbit meat pie filling. Watch this interesting video and the entire series for the complete rabbit pie recipe. - 81.1234
Now you don’t have to rush to the supermarket to buy those readymade pastry doughs or sheets. You can make them on your own after watching this video, which shows a real simple method of making this sweet pastry dough. A pre-requisite for any quick dessert... - 80.1042
A shortcrust pastry is simple to make at least that's what you will discover after watching this video. This video is a step by step guide on how to make the perfect shortcrust pastry dough and how to store it right. Greatly useful! - 79.6803
After all making suet pastry at home is no big deal at all! Watch this video to learn to make suet pastry in an easier process. Recommended! - 76.8189
Basic Pastry Case
Not everyone knows how to bake a pastry case to perfection but after watching this video anyone can do that. Simple yet packed with just the information you need, this video teaches you how to bake your pastry case just right using uncooked rice. Heard of... - 72.6083
1. Sieve the flour and salt into a clean bowl.
2. Cut the butter and lard into small pieces and add to the flour.
3. Using your fingers, rub the fats into the flour until it forms the texture of breadcrumbs.
4. Break the egg into a small jug and beat... - 72.3736
Unfried Onion Rings
Are you looking for a snack that fits your raw food diet perfectly? Watch this video to learn a super healthy and tasty Unfried Onion Rings recipe. Do not give this one a miss. - 63.9583
Pate A Choux Pastry Puffs
The Pate a Choux pastry puffs are perfect for any snack or breakfast purpose. You can make them in any desired shape and when they blows up, they become real puffy and tasty. You can serve them with jam or dip or sauce - whatever you prefer. - 62.3502
Stuffed Squash Rings
If you were looking for something different, this Stuffed Squash Rings recipe is it! Your near and dear ones including your pals will vouch for this tempting Stuffed Squash Rings recipe. Try it. - 50.2452
Chicken In Puff Pastry
This is a perfect summer garden party appetizer that you can prepare ahead of time and all of your friends will be asking for the recipe! See more photos at www.Food-Travels.com ! - 49.8227
Carrot Onion Ring Salad
1. Peel carrots. Cut slanting slices about 1/4 inch thick.
2. In a pan cook carrots covered in 1 inch boiling water for 5 minutes.
3. Drain out from water and dip into cold water.
4. Drain out again and keep in serving bowl.
5. Separate onion slices... - 49.4317
If you love figs , here is an interesting recipe that lets you add figs to your everyday cooking. Delicious figs in your favorite dishes. This fig-filled pastry is a simple and easy recipe that has the mouthwatering flavors and tastes of figs. So now you... - 48.8652
Fish In Pastry
This fish in pastry recipe is prepared with grouper and raw oysters. Made with a mix of the oysters with capers and fish along with peppers and bechamel sauce, the fish is spread on to the pastry and sealed. Pop the fish in pastry in the oven for a lovely and... - 48.6378
1) In a saucepan, blend the heated milk and butter.
2) Put it aside and let it be cool to lukewarm.
3) Take 1/4 cup water and add yeast into it... - 48.3796
Baked Cornwall Duck Pastry
Whip up this delicious Cornwall Duck Pastry that will have everyone reaching the bowl for seconds. This easy and simple recipe is something new to try for those special occasions. - 48.3116
Spinach Tart With Onion Rings
Spinach Tart With Onion Rings is an extremely simple dish. I prepare it for my tots as a snack. Serve the Spinach Tart With Onion Rings for your family and see how they fall in love with it! - 48.2697
Old Fashioned Apple Turnovers
Beat egg; stir in sugar, then sour milk and cream.
Sift 2 cups flour with soda, cream of tartar, salt, and spices and stir into first mixture.
Add more flour, enough to make a soft dough that can be rolled without sticking.
Turn out on floured board; divide... - 48.101
Creamed Chicken In Puff Pastry
1. Preheat the oven.
2. Cut the chicken into 1/2 inch dice (about 3 cups).
3. Bake the puff pastry shells as per the package instructions.
4. Trim 1/4 inch off the bottom of the mushroom stems, wipe the mushrooms clean with a damp paper towel... - 48.0175
Tart And Pie Pastry
To make the dough by hand, in a bowl stir together the flour, sugar and salt.
Add the butter or shortening and, using a pastry blender, fingertips or 2 knives, cut the butter or shortening into the flour until crumbly and the mixture resembles oatmeal.
Then,... - 47.991
Sweet Onion Rings
Sweet Onion Rings are a crispy, puffy, sweet, quick snack to relish on a bore day with family. Enjoy! - 47.5029
Artichoke Pastry From Derbyshire
1) Preheat oven to moderate temperature before baking.
2) Mix together salt, pepper and nutmeg.
3) Cover artichokes with boiling salted water and cook until just soft and drain well, when done.
4) In a shallow oven-proof dish, place the... - 47.3517
Scallops In Puff Pastry With Roasted Red Pepper Sauce
1)To prepare roasted red pepper sauce – roast, peel and dessed fresh peppers. Slice them .
2)In a heavy pan, boil water, bell pepper, wine, broth and wine. Reduce liquid to 3 tablespoon full.
3)Add in cream and simmer to thicken.
4)Blend to... - 47.3027
Are you looking for a yummy Chocolate Squares recipe? Then you are in luck! Made with Chocolate Squares is a mouth-watering dish. An assortment of fabulous flavors, the Chocolate Squares recipe is one of those dishes you simply shouldn't miss. Pamper everyone... - 47.139
1) In a heavy skillet heat oil.
2) Add onions, zucchini and bell pepper and saute till they turn soft.
3) Next, add the tomatoes and corn and saute for a while.
4) Add in the water and place the lid over the skillet.
5) Add in as much water required... - 46.8751
Concord Grape Pie With Orange Pastry
ORANGE PASTRY: In bowl, combine flour, salt and orange rind; with pastry blender or two knives, cut in shortening until in coarse crumbs.
With fork, gradually mix in orange juice until moistened.
Press into ball; flatten into disc, cover lightly and... - 46.8264
Potato Filled Pastries
These Potato Filled Pastries a wonderful addition to your tea party spread. A yummy snack, these Potato Filled Pastries have a signature taste that you just wont get enough off! Try it! - 46.581
Sweet Pastry Flowers
The Sweet Pastry Flowers is a yummy egg and bean paste filled pastry that is simply addictive. You really cant stop with just one of these yummy pastries. Try this wonderful Sweet Pastry Flowers recipe! - 46.5442
Cornwall Duck Pastry
1) Preheat oven to 425° F.
2) Combine sifted flour, salt and coin meal.
3) Add shortening to cut in with 2 knives or pastry blender until mixture resembles coarse meal.
4) Pour in water and form dough by mixing with a fork.
5) Roll the dough to... - 46.414
1) Take a 1 1/2-quart ring mold and grease it.
2) Preheat the oven at 350 degrees.
3) Mix the shortening and sugar to make them fluffy.
4) Take the eggs and beat them.
5) Take the salt, baking powder, baking soda and flour together.
6)... - 46.3028
Ham Stuffed Pastries
Steam ham for 30 minutes.
Cool, then mince finely.
Combine with other filling ingredients and set aside.
To make pastry, combine all ingredients and knead to form a pliable dough.
Divide dough into two portions.
Shape one portion into a ball and set... - 46.2922
To prepare the yeast, sprinkle dry yeast or crumble cake into water. Use very warm water (105°F.to 115° F.) for dry yeast; use lukewarm (80°F.to 90 °F.) for compressed.
Let stand for a few minutes; then stir until dissolved.
Sift flour with sugar and... - 46.075
Apple And Onion Ring Mold
Put the onions in a dish with 1 tablespoon of water, cover and microwave on HIGH for 7 minutes.
Peel, core and seed the apples and cut into quarters, then into thin strips.
Put the onions in a strainer (sieve).
Place the apples in the dish, cover and... - 46.0094
Puff Pastry Apple Tartlets With Contempo Caramel Sauce
To Prepare Pastry: Preheat oven to 375°F.
If puff pastry is folded in thirds, to eliminate the creases, fold it in half and on a lightly floured board, roll to 1/4-inch thickness.
Cut out 2 apple shapes about 6 inches wide and 5 inches long.
Cut out 4 leaves... - 45.9421
1) Take a clean bowl and mix flour and salt in it.
2) With the help of a fork, blend in corn oil and stir continuously to mix it in thoroughly.
3) Splash some water on the top of this mixture and press well with hands to form a ball. If the dough seems... - 45.7968
Fresh Raspberry Pastries
1) Preheat the oven to 425°F.
2) Rinse the raspberries and combine with 3 tablespoons sugar and lemon juice. Chill until needed.
3) In a bowl, sift the flour, salt, baking powder and 1 tablespoon sugar.
4) Cut in the butter or... - 45.7962
Salmon In Puff Pastry
1. Preheat the oven to 190°C/375°F/ Gas 5. Roll out two-thirds of the pastry into a large oval, measuring 35cm/14in in length. Cut into a curved fish shape and place on a lightly greased large baking sheet.
2. Use the trimmings to make narrow strips. Brush... - 45.6793
What better way can there be to end your meal than with this wonderfully delicious Spicy Pastry ! Here's is an extermely simple recipe for Spicy Pastry for you to try and WOW your friends and family! - 45.661
Carrot Filled Rye Pastries
Delicious Carrot Filled Rye Pastries are always a treat ! These pastries are often eaten even before it can be brought to the dining table. Try this wonderful Carrot Filled Rye Pastries recipe. - 45.5669
Sesame Cheese Pastries
1. Pre heat an oven at 190 C (380 F).
2. In a medium sized bowl, combine cheese, garlic, pepper and hummus. Whisk well and keep aside.
3. On a flat working surface, place a filo square.
4. Brush lightly with butter and place a spoonful... - 45.5397
1) Preheat the oven to 325° F before baking.
2) Sift together the dry ingredients.
3) Mix butter, sugar and egg yolk and cream well.
4) Add in the sifted dry ingredients and vanilla.
5) Take a pan, spread the mixture on bottom of pan... - 45.5139
Remove outer wrapper from package of spinach.
Place unopened carton in dish in microwave and cook 5 minutes on high.
Turn out into strainer and drain well, pressing out excess moisture with back of spoon.
Combine all remaining ingredients, except... - 45.4906
To make yeast dough, use recipe for Danish Scrolls, opposite, reserving extra 1/2 cup (50 g) flour and 3/4 cup (175 g) butter.
Work flour into butter.
Using flour and butter mixture to dot over dough, refrigerate, fold and roll as in the recipe.
Grease baking... - 45.4902
1. In a saucepan of boiling water, add the spinach and blanch for 5-6 minutes until the stems are tender.
2. Drain in a colander and refresh immediately under cold tap water. Leave to drain.
3. Squeeze out as much moisture as possible from the... - 45.4737
Mini Pizza Pastries
1. Preheat oven to 425°.
2. Place on lightly greased or nonstick baking sheet.
3. Place puff pastry on cutting board and thaw.
4. In a bowl combine tomato paste, basil, oregano, garlic, salt and pepper to taste and set aside.
5. Using a... - 45.4277
1. Preheat the oven to 400°F.
2. Grease 2 baking sheets with a little butter.
3. In a mixing bowl, combine filling ingredients and mix well.
4. On a flour dusted work surface, roll out pastry into large 1/8- inch thick sheet.
5. Use a... - 45.3801
Pastry Crab Puffs
Put water, salt, butter, and hot pepper seasoning in a 2-quart saucepan.
Bring mixture to a full rolling boil over high heat; add flour all at once, remove pan from heat, and stir vigorously until mixture forms a ball and leaves sides of pan.
Beat in eggs,... - 45.3419
Fig Nut Turnovers
1) Preheat the oven to 425°F
2) Take a saucepan and add sugar, figs, apple, almonds, rind, liquid, cinnamon and mace. Mix well.
3) Place the saucepan over medium heat and simmer the mixture for about 5-6 minutes, until apples are tender... - 45.3089
Mix flour and the 1 teaspoon salt.
Cut in shortening till pieces are the size of small peas.
Sprinkle 1 tablespoon water over part of the mixture; gently toss with fork.
Push to side of bowl; repeat till all is moistened.
Form dough into a ball.
Divide dough... - 45.2687
Truffle Filled Pastries
1) Heat the oven to 350°F.
2) Using a food processor or an electric mixer, beat the butter with the sugar until smooth.
3) Stir in vanilla.
4) Mix in the flour, then remove the dough and divide into 20 pieces.
5) Wrap the dough pieces... - 45.2629
Baked Macaroni In Pastry
1. In a pan fry the onion in butter, add the minced meat, bacon and cook for 5 minutes.
2. Then add the liver and cook for three more minutes.
3. Then add the tomato puree and stock, let it simmer gently for 15 minutes and season with salt & pepper.
4.... - 45.2475
Pickled Fish And Onion Rings
Pickled fish and Onion Rings is an amazingly delicious seafood recipe. An easy to prepare recipe, Pickled fish and Onion Rings is a dish that you will surely love to talk about with us. - 45.2407
Pastry Recipes By Category