- » Party Vegetarian Side Dish
Party Vegetarian Side Dish Recipes
Enjoy our collection of party vegetarian side dish recipes submitted, reviewed and rated by ifood.tv community. Meet people who are looking for party vegetarian side dish recipes.
Honeyed Red Beets
Take a look at this excellent video that demonstrates an incredible recipe for honeyed beets. The video displays great technique to peel off the beets and great tips on measuring honey. See this video and enjoy this delicious dish for some special occasion. - 145.434
Fruit & Yogurt Elbow Salad
Who knew fruit and pasta would make such terrific pairing? This unique, kid-friendly salad is a delicious choice for a Summer picnic. But, it also makes a fantastic breakfast. - 139.607
Thanksgiving Sweet Potatoes
Sweeten up this Thanksgiving dinner this year with these Thanksgiving Sweet Potatoes side dish. Take a look at this video for the details of this easy and tasty dish. The special sauce makes this dish really special. Have a look at the video and try out this... - 128.126
Stuffed Mexican Squash
Mexican squash is mild in flavor and has a pale green thin tender edible skin. Appearing nearly seedless, its tasty flesh is whiter and sweeter than zucchini. Shaped somewhat like zucchini, this variety is most often larger and more oblong. You will find... - 127.498
Yukon Gold Potato Fans
Baked potatoes maybe easy to cook, but these Yukon Gold Potato Fans are crunchy, easy to make and a ton of fun to eat! - 125.085
Couscous With Figs Feta And Almonds
Blanche whips up a unique and exotic dish in only 6 minutes, using fast cooking couscous, zesty feta, crunchy almonds, and figs plumped up with pomegranate molasses--yummmmmmm. - 118.754
Homemade Cranberry Sauce With Orange And Cinnamon
Ok… let’s be honest… canned cranberry sauce is delicious. By far one of my favorite things about the holidays. Leftover turkey, stuffing, and cranberry sandwiches? yes please, I’ll take 3 a day. Now, as easy as it is to just open that can of cranberry... - 117.453
Very popular Indo-Chinese appetizer. Deep fried Cauliflower Fritters cooked in sweet, sour and spicy Chinese based gravy! Goes well with plane boiled rice, noodles! - 115.861
Chinese Veg Manchurian
One of the most popular, supper tasty and mouthwatering Indo-Chinese Appetizer. These are deep fried mix vegetable dumplings cooked in soy sauce based gravy. Tastes awesome! Don't wait just try these chinese delicacy and enjoy! - 112.292
Roasted Butternut Squash And Potatoes
Just one bite of this mouthwatering dish is enough to confirm how good this comfort food really is. Loaded with the goodness of butternut squash and the taste of yummy potatoes, this gooey, creamy delight is something you can't afford to skip, especially when... - 111.159
Skynyrd Savory Scalloped Potatoes
Planning to throw a thanksgiving party and need some quick side dish ideas, especially for the vegetarian crowd at your party. Then you should take a look at this delicious southern classic savory scalloped potato recipe with basic ingredients, already... - 110.731
Brown Sugar Baked Butternut Squash
1. Preheat oven to 350 degree F.
2. Place a medium sized pot on medium flame, and melt butter in it. Remove pot from the heat.
3. Add brown sugar and stir it in.
4. Drop squash pieces, and mix to coat them with butter and brown sugar... - 109.464
Refreshing Spring Salad
This salad is so easy and is deeeeelicious! A must try for sure. Salads are great to make ahead of time, assemble the salad and keep the dressing in a separate container and when you’re ready to eat, just toss together. - 106.126
Non Dairy Ranch Dressing
A three course meal at an elegant dinner is ideal! So if the first course is a salad you might sometimes be eating one with or without a dressing! This video shows you how to make a non dairy ranch salad dressing! A creamy dressing and a video which is easy... - 104.776
Roasted Acorn Squash
Did you know something as simple and sumptuous yet roasted acorn squash served with maple glaze can make for a beautiful side dish? Full of colors, flavors and textures, this tongue-pleasing squash dish is a great way to indulge in this summer favorite. The... - 104.37
The Hippy Gourmet Makes Celeriac Remoulade
Want a gourmet side dish for a party? And something that is simple and easy and can be made ahead? Try Hippy gourmet's Celeriac Remoulade. He puts together the dish in no time and watch how garnishes the dish to a gourmet look. Never knew a gourmet dish can... - 103.226
Potato Au Gratin
How about a cheesy potato side dish? Our very own chef Dave is making delicious Potato Au Gratin with his perfect recipe. You will keep wondering, why the hell you didn’t try it earlier!! It’s never late, just follow his directions and you will have a... - 99.7824
Mashed Yukon Gold Potatoes
Have some potatoes in the stock and want a recipe to use them? Here is a recipe by chef Keith Snow to make Mashed potatoes with preferably Yukon Gold variety or even otherwise and chives as the key flavor. Great to accompany fish or grilled meats! - 95.4342
Som Tam Part 2
Someone has rightly said that the best Thai salads look like a mess, but taste like heaven! Try this messy-but-marvelous Thai Green Papaya Salad recipe. The exotic tasting papaya salad isn’t just a riot of flavors, but is pretty interesting to look too.... - 84.8451
Steam Cooked Rice Making Made Easier
Most people are scared of cooking rice cause it just never comes out right. It is either overcooked and soggy or under-cooked with too much bite. The safest way to cook it is in a pressure cooker or rice cooker. But what do you do when you do not have either?... - 72.0398
Appam-south Indian Delight
One of my favourite breakfast is appam with fresh coconut syrup-terribly decandent. I usually only ate this once per stay, when I stayed at the malabar in Kochi as it is toooo good.
They are easy to make, but they take a little practice to make perfect. The... - 71.6481
Kolumb Making Made Easier
If you looking for a healthy, nutritious and vegan curry to go rice? Try this delicious Keerai Kolumb (Spinach lentil curry) It is so much like sambhar and yet different. You can modify the recipe adding any vegetable of your choice to the basic pigeon peas... - 64.6564
Jamaican Rice And Peas
This favorite Jamaican staple is a lovely combo of rice and gungo pea that makes for a hearty weeknight meal. Black Onyx shows how you can fix up this favorite in a few simple steps that makes for excellent side dish or vegetarian entrée. You can also tuck... - 63.5647
Pumpkin Pudding Pie With Coriander Sauce
Grandma's cookbook is one of the best places to find a delicious recipe, this Pumpkin Pudding Pie With Coriander Sauce is right out from there. To make Pumpkin Pudding Pie With Coriander Sauce you need only 60 minutes. The Pumpkin Pudding Pie With Coriander... - 54.5699
Carrots In Orange Sauce With Almonds
Carrots are a rich source of Vitamin A. Here’s combining the best of taste and health. This carrots in orange sauce with almonds is for you if you love carrots. Another great carrot dish. - 52.7636
Cherries are a wonderful ingredient that let you work out a piece of art every time. This cherry-port salad is a creation that is done with a lot of attention to detail. Worth every bit of the effort. - 51.7134
Cranberry apple salad is a crunchy and tasty salad that can be served with any of the turkey dishes prepared for Thanksgiving. This salad is very refreshing and makes meal much more enjoyable. - 51.3546
1. Spray low fat cooking oil in madeleine moulds.
2. Preheat oven to 200°C.
3. In a large bowl whisk lemon zest, caster sugar and eggs till ingredients turn fluffy, thick and pale.
4. Sift salt, baking powder and half of the flour.
5.... - 50.3809
Chili Baked Potatoes
Preheat the oven to 400°F.
Line a baking sheet with foil and place the potatoes on it.
Bake for 1 hour, or until tender when pierced with a sharp knife.
Meanwhile, warm the oil in a large saucepan over medium heat.
Add the mushrooms, onions, green peppers,... - 50.3144
Cuban Black Beans
In deep 3-quart casserole, combine onions, green pepper, garlic and olive oil.
Microwave at High for 5 to 7 minutes, or until tender-crisp, stirring once.
Add remaining ingredients, except rice and topping.
Microwave at High for... - 50.2111
Braised Globe Artichokes
1. In a large mixing bowl, take lemon juice and pour three-quarters cold water.
2. Chop off the stems of the artichokes.
3. Discard the tough bottom leaves.
4. Chop off about 1 1/2 inches from the tops.
5. Snip the tops of the remaining leaves.... - 49.8504
Garden Salad Pizza
Preheat the oven to 400°F.
Coat a baking sheet with no-stick spray.
Sprinkle with the cornmeal.
Warm the oil in a large no-stick skillet over medium heat.
Add the onions and cook for 12 minutes, or until golden brown.
Let cool for 5 minutes.
Roll the pizza... - 49.2972
Sauteed Greens With Garlic
Bring a large pot of water to a boil over high heat.
Add the greens and cook for 1 to 2 minutes, or until bright green and tender.
Pour into a colander.
Run cold water over the greens to cool them.
Squeeze out the excess liquid and coarsely chop.
In a small... - 49.2737
Vegetarian Stuffed Eggplant
Halve eggplants lengthwise.
In large deep skillet, bring 1/2" water to a boil.
Add eggplant halves, cut sides down.
Cover and simmer about 10 minutes or until just tender.
Remove with tongs.
When cool enough to handle, scoop out pulp, leaving 1/2" shell.
Chop... - 49.0783
Bavarian Bratwurst Casserole
In 2-quart casserole, combine potatoes, onion and water.
Microwave at High for 5 to 7 minutes, or until potatoes are tender.
Stir in sauerkraut, bratwurst, apple, brown sugar, parsley, lemon juice and caraway.
In small bowl, blend flour and 1/4 cup... - 48.9851
Potato Salad With Fresh Green Beans
String green beans, sprinkle with salt, wrap and then heat in the Microwave Oven 2 minutes.
Wash and dice.
Place a paper towel in a glass bowl, place bacon on it, cover with a paper towel and cook 2 minutes, 30 seconds.
Remove paper towels and bacon and leave... - 48.95
Onion Cheddar Bread
1. In a medium mixing bowl, sift and combine the flours. Keep aside.
2. In a large mixing bowl, dissolve yeast in luke warm water. Add a pinch of sugar to get the yeast started. Set aside for 5 minutes.
3. When yeast mixture has become bubbly,... - 48.9179
Cucumber Honeydew Salad
1) In a bowl, stir the jelly powder in boiling water, until dissolved.
2) Stir in the coriander, cumin seeds, lemon juice and salt, then refrigerate.
3) In another bowl, combine yogurt and salad dressing together until smooth.
4) Stir in the cucumber... - 48.7353
North Beach Tossed Salad
1) Rinse and core the lettuce, and break them into small bits.
2) Cover the lettuce with a paper towel and refrigerate until dry and crunchy.
3) Rinse the greens well.
4) Cut them into small pieces and put them in the refrigerator to... - 48.509
1 Pick and wash the rice.
2 In a bowl, soak the rice for 15 minutes.
3 In a pan, heat the ghee.
4 Add in the whole cinnamon and cardamoms, fry for one minute.
5 Now stir in the rice, mixing well.
6 Pour in water and... - 48.4558
Potatoes Puree Au Gratin
In 1-quart casserole, combine butter, water and potatoes.
Microwave at High for 9 to 12 minutes, or until potatoes are tender, stirring once.
Add half-and-half, salt and hot pepper sauce.
Beat with electric mixer until smooth.
Mix in cheese.
Fold in... - 48.319
One Dish Garbanzo Bake
Place 2 1/4 cups water in 4-cup measure.
Microwave at High for 4 to 6 minutes, or until water boils.
Place bulgur in small mixing bowl.
Add boiling water.
Cover and let stand for 30 minutes to soften.
Drain and press to remove excess moisture.
In... - 48.224
Black Bean Burritos With Verde Sauce
To make the verde sauce: Preheat the oven to 400°F.
Remove and discard the husks from the tomatillos.
Line a baking sheet with foil and place the tomatillos and chili peppers on it.
Bake for 10 minutes; turn the pieces and bake for 15 minutes.
Place the... - 48.1972
Christmas Eve Salad
1) In a small bowl, mix together oil, vinegar, salt and cayenne.Keep the dressing aside for later use.
2) Discard the large outer leaves from Romaine,wash thoroughly and drain.
3) Take a large, shallow salad bowl,make a layer of these... - 48.1479
Herbed Asparagus Omelets
In a medium bowl, whisk together the egg whites, eggs, and milk.
Stir in the scallions, herbs, pepper, and salt.
Place the asparagus and water in a large microwave-safe bowl.
Cover with vented plastic wrap and microwave on high power for a total of 4 to 6... - 48.1434
1. In large saucepan saute onion and celery in butter for about 5 minutes.
2. Stir in flour and mustard and remove from heat.
3. In 2 cups of hot water dissolve bouillon cubes.
4. To the onion mixture in the saucepan add bouillon and carrot and bring... - 48.0584
Mexican Rice Stuffed Peppers
Place green pepper halves in 9-inch square baking dish.
Cover with plastic wrap.
Microwave at High for 6 to 8 minutes, or until tender.
Place cheese in medium mixing bowl.
Microwave at 50% (Medium) for 30 seconds to 1 minute, or... - 47.9592
In a pan, bring the water to a boil over medium heat.
Add the salt, lentils, garlic, and turmeric, stir, and bring to a boil again.
Reduce the heat, cover partially, and cook for 25-30 minutes, until the lentils are soft and mushy, stirring... - 47.8525
Paneer (tofu) Bhurji
Paneer (Tofu) bhurji can be made very easily and tastes amazing. After being cooked, the look itself is so good that your appetite will double. - 47.6604
Garlic Rice And Pasta
In 3-quart casserole, combine margarine, rice and spaghetti.
Microwave at High for 4 to 7 minutes, or until spaghetti is golden brown, stirring after first 2 minutes, then after every minute.
Stir in remaining ingredients, except parsley.
Microwave at... - 47.6463
French Tossed Salad Mold
1. Oil a two and a half cup ring mould
2. In a one quart bowl, mix gelatin and water and let it stand for three minutes; microwave at HIGH for two minutes till the gelatin dissolves
3. Add French dressing to it, stir well and... - 47.6366
Pumpkin Kofta Curry
1 Grate the pumpkin.
2 In a pan, boil the pumpkin until tender.
3 Gently squeeze out the water.
4 Add in ground ginger, coriander leaves, green chillies, roasted besan or breadcrumbs, ground spices and salt and mix well.
5 In another bowl,... - 47.6077
Honeyed Almond And Cardamom Stuffed Apples With Apricot Coulis
Prepare the sauce well in advance so it can chill well.
Rinse the apricots then put into a saucepan with the honey, wine and water.
Bring to the boil.
Reduce to a simmer, cover and cook until really tender, up to 40 minutes depending on type and size.
Pass... - 47.6077
1) Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
2) Trim the stems from the eggplants. Cut the eggplants crosswise to 1/4-inch thick slices.
3) In a large heavy skillet, heat the corn oil.
4) In hot oil, saute the eggplant slices on both sides until... - 47.5157
1. Preheat oven to 350°.
2. Take a 3-quart saucepan, add lemon juice and water and bring it to boil.
3. Stir in Cauliflower heads with flowerets down.
4. Boil again, lower the heat and cook cauliflower, covered, for about 15 minutes or... - 47.507
Mushroom Filled Tomatoes
1. Preheat the grill.
2. Grease a baking tray with oil or butter.
3. Wash and dry the tomatoes.
4. Slice off the tops of the tomatoes
5. Using a dessert spoon, scoop out the pulp and discard or reserve for making soup.
6. Lightly season the... - 47.4704
Three Way Potato Salad
1. Scrub and wash the potatoes well.
2. In a large pot, bring enough water to cover potatoes to a boil.
3. Add the potatoes to boiling water along with a generous pinch of salt.
4. In the meantime, make the Light Curry Dressing, in a... - 47.416
Stuffed Acorn Squash
1) Preheat oven moderate to 350°F.
2) Halve the squash lengthwise.
3) With a spoon scoop out the flesh and remove the seeds.
4) In a large frying pan heat oil.
5) Add onions, celery, sunflower seeds, and garlic and sautÃ© for about 5... - 47.286
Sweet Potato Hot Pot
1. Parboil sweet potatoes in jackets.
2. Peel and cut into roundels.
3. Peel and dice carrots, onions and turnip; shell peas.
4. Arrange vegetables in layers in a hot pot dish or casserole, keeping a layer of sweet potato for top.
5. Dot with butter. Add... - 47.2643
1) Properly wash the peppers, slice off their tops and clean out the centers.
2) Shred the carrots and cut the tomatoes into bite-size pieces.
3) In a frying pan, melt the butter and then add the... - 47.1429
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Cut leeks into 2 inch length.
3. Slice carrot into thin ovals.
4. Slice turnips.
5. Chop onions.
6. Into a large saucepan of boiling water, place the leeks, cover and let cool down.
7. In a... - 47.1085
1. Preheat the oven to 400° F.
2. Grease a shallow baking dish or a casserole with butter.
3. Slice off ½ inch from the pointed end of each onion.
4. In a large saucepan, arrange the onions and add 2 cups water and salt to it.
5. Cover... - 47.0818
Creamed Leeks And Mushrooms
1. In a sauce pan, melt 10 gms butter.
2. Add mushrooms and lemon juice and mix well. Cover and cook on a medium flame for 3 to 4 minutes or till mushrooms soften. Keep aside.
3. In a large sized sauce pan, melt 40 gms butter.
4. Add leeks and mix... - 47.0643
Red Cabbage And Chestnuts
1) In a pot add in the red cabbage head. Cover the pot with boiling water. Pour in the vermouth. Allow the cabbage to rest in the mixture for about 15 minutes.
2) In a large skillet, melt the butter. Add in the cabbage. Saute till it... - 47.0468
1. Cut eggplant in 1/2-inch cubes without peeling
2. In a small saucepan, heat the oil
3. Sauté the eggplant for 5 minutes until tender and golden.
4. Tip eggplant into a bowl and let cool slightly.
5. In a cup, combine vinegar with the remaining... - 47.038
Green Cheese Ring
1. Keep cream cheese at room temperature.
2. Beat cottage cheese until smooth and beat in cream cheese.
3. Soften gelatin in 1/4 cup cold water and dissolve over hot water.
4. Blend gelatin, onion, mayonnaise, juice, cayenne pepper, salt... - 47.0258
Cottage-cheese Salad In Tomato Halves
1) Cut the tomatoes crosswise in half.
2) Using a spoon, scoop out pulp and seeds.
3) Drain the tomato pulp.
4) In medium bowl, put cottage cheese, carrot, cucumber, onion, radishes, drained tomato pulp, salt, and dressing.
5) Mix... - 47.0046
Special Sookha Chana
1 Wash the chana well.
2 In a bowl, soak the chana in water with all the ingredients, except salt, overnight.
3 In a pan, transfer the soaked chana with all the ingredients.
4 Add in salt and boil on low heat until tender.
5 ... - 46.9679
Toasted Corn Pudding
In a wide nonstick frying pan, toast corn ears over medium heat, turning as needed, until about a third of the kernels on each ear are tinged with brown (about 15 minutes).
Remove from pan; let stand until cool enough to handle.
Cut kernels from ears and... - 46.9153
1.In a pan, put tomatoes, water, tomato paste, chili peppers, tomato catsup, sugar, Worcestershire sauce, and chili powder.
2.Also add lemon juice, wine vinegar, salt, cayenne, Tabasco, black pepper, onion, garlic, bay leaves, butter and mustard.
3.Let... - 46.9116
White Mushrooms In Cream
White Mushrooms In Cream is a wonderfully delicious dish that is sure to entice your taste buds. I served this dish for a get together with my friends at home. They loved it and have been haunting me for this White Mushrooms In Cream recipe ever since. Try it... - 46.9004
In 3-quart casserole, combine cranberries, granulated and brown sugars, raisins and apple pie spice.
Stir in water.
Microwave at High for 10 to 14 minutes, or until cranberries begin to open, stirring once or twice.
Stir in remaining... - 46.8347
Tangy Vegetable Dip
Combine carrot, green pepper, onion and water in 1-quart casserole.
Microwave at HIGH (100%) until vegetables are tender-crisp, 2 to 3 minutes, stirring once.
Place cottage cheese, yogurt and lemon juice in food processor or... - 46.7936
Yellow Split Pea Dip With Raw Vegetables
Drain the soaked split peas and put into a saucepan with fresh cold water.
Add the bicarbonate of soda -no more than 1/16th of a teaspoon - and bring to the boil.
Drain and rinse them.
Cover again with cold water and bring to the boil.
Add the onion and 4... - 46.7126
1) Preheat oven to 350 degree.
2) In a bowl, cream butter with an electric mixer.
3) Beat in cheddar cheese, milk, salt, Tabasco, paprika and cayenne and gradually stir in bread crumbs and flour.
4) Knead the mixture and divide the... - 46.6961
Sultana & Dates Stuffed Peppers
1) In a bowl, pour hot, boiling water. Dip peppers in hot water for 2-3 minutes. Take out from water and cut in halves along the length.
2) In a fry pan, add butter and heat up.
3) Add onion, celery, breadcrumbs, sultanas, parsley and... - 46.6558
Prime Time Stuffed Peppers
1. Pre heat an oven at 175 C (350 F).
2. Season blanched peppers with 1 teaspoon salt and pepper. Keep aside.
3. In a medium sized bowl, combine rest of the ingredients (apart from cheese) and mix well.
4. Place 1 cup mixture in each... - 46.5663
Artichoke Hearts In Parmesan Custard
This Artichoke Hearts In Parmesan Custard recipe is a delicious keeper and always a plus on my menu! Once tasted, I am sure you will have to prepare this again and again! - 46.5419
Ranch Style Pinto Beans
1.In a large saucepan, put beans along with water sufficient to cover beans plus 3 more inches.
2.Let the ingredients boil.
3.Lower the flame and cook for atleast 1 hour until the beans are soft.
4.Once done, strain and keep the cooking liquid... - 46.517
Masoor Dal Sabji Wali
In a pan, bring the water to a boil over medium heat.
Add the lentils, garlic, turmeric, and salt.
Reduce the heat, cover partially, and simmer for 15-20 minutes or until the lentils are almost cooked.
Stir in all the vegetables, cover, and continue cooking... - 46.4902
Cranberry Salad Ring
1. In a bowl dissolve getin by pouring boiling water over it.
2. Gradually add cold water and chill the mixture until it attains the unbeaten consistency of egg white.
3. Add fresh cranberries, cleaned oranges, cored apples, crushed and undrained... - 46.4554
1 Pick and wash the dal.
2 In a pan, add dal, milk, water, 1/4 cup ghee, turmeric, red chilli powder, cardamoms, salt and almonds.
3 Cook on a low heat until tender and water and milk are evaporated.
4 In a frying pan, heat the... - 46.3872
Patio Party Salad
About 2 hours bejore serving: Drain beans and chick peas.
Halve tomato slices; place in small bowl.
Slice cucumber onto tomatoes; sprinkle with 1 tablespoon cheese-garlic salad-dressing mix; refrigerate.
Layer beans and chick peas in salad bowl, sprinkling... - 46.3694
Tomato Vegetable Aspic
1) In a medium saucepan, sprinkle gelatine over 1/2 cup of tomato juice. Allow the gelatine to rest for 5 minutes till it softens.
2) Cook the gelatine over a low flame. Stir continously till all the gelatine dissolves completely.
3) Take the pan off... - 46.3648
Microwave Cooked Black Beans
1) Into a 5-quart casserole, add in the beans, 2 teaspoons of salt and blocks of pepper.
2) Rehydrate the beans. Remove the blocks of pepper from the beans.
3) Into a 1-quart casserole, add in oil, onion, green pepper, bay leaves, garlic and oregano... - 46.343
Green Beans With Herb Butter
Green Beans With Herb Butter rules the list of the best tasting dishes thanks to this recipe. The marriage of the incredible flavors of Beans with other ingredients is the secret to this Green Beans With Herb Butter recipe. A delicious Side Dish, the Green... - 46.2923
Split Peas And Lentils
In 3-quart casserole, combine all ingredients, except potato and carrot.
Microwave at High for 40 minutes, stirring twice.
Add potato and carrot.
Microwave at High for 10 to 15 minutes longer, or until vegetables are tender,... - 46.2698
Tomato Aspic Salad
1. In 1/4 cup cold water, put in the gelatin to soften.
2. In a saucepan, pour in the tomato juice and heat to boiling point. Add the dissolve softened gelatin in hot juice and mix well.
3. Add vinegar, 1/4 tea- spoon salt, garlic salt, celery salt... - 46.2563
Summer Corn Relish
1.Take a large Dutch oven, put sugar, vinegar, salt, celery seed and turmeric into it.
2.Heat the mixture until it boils.
3.Stir in onion, tomato, cucumber, corn and cabbage.
4.Cook the ingredients for 25 minutes without covering.
5.Stir the... - 46.2485
1. To the scalded milk add the sugar, salt and shortening. Stir and cool to lukewarm.
2. Pour water into a large bowl, add yeast and stir until dissolved. Add milk mixture.
3. Add four cups of flour, stir; then beat well. Add remaining flour and stir until... - 46.2156
Vegetables Stuffed Tomatoes
1 Carefully scoop out the pulp from tomatoes.
2 In a large pan, steam all the chopped vegetables.
3 In another pan, boil the potatoes.
4 In a frying pan, heat the ghee.
5 Add in chopped onion, ginger and green chillies.
6 Fry... - 46.1937
Carrot Nut Mold
If you want everyone to eat and enjoy carrots. There are plenty of recipes. This is just another one. Simple and easy to make, it has all the good health of carrots and nuts. Enjoy!!! - 46.1163
Heat some of the oil in 2 large frying pans and fry the aubergine slices in batches until golden.
Add a little more oil to the pans, and fry the onions until soft.
Add the meat and garlic and fry briskly, stirring, for 10 minutes.
Drain off excess... - 46.0942
Tomato And Herb Flatbread
1. Grease 15x10x1-inch baking pan.
2. Sprinkle it with cornmeal.
3. Preheat oven to 375°F.
3. In a large bowl, mix flour mixture with yeast and potato flakes.
4. Stir in hot water, margarine and egg until dough pulls away from sides of... - 46.0942
Crispy Tortilla And Jicama Salad
1) Arrange the tortillas in three stacks. Slice the stacks in two halves. Restack three stacks with the half sliced tortillas. Slice crosswise into 1/8-inch strips.
2) Combine all the sliced tortillas to make one tall stack.
3) In a deep... - 46.0208
Romanian Bell Peppers
Heat oven to 180°C (350°F).
Wash bell peppers and pat dry.
Slice off tops of bell peppers and carefully scoop out all seeds.
Heat oil in a non-stick pan over moderate heat.
Add onion and celery and stir till soft.
Remove from heat and stir in parsley, salt,... - 46.0128