- » Parsnip
Parsnip is a carrot lookalike but lighter in color. This root vegetable is sweeter than carrot and has many culinary uses. Parsnips are native to Eurasia and are generally confused with carrots. In the earlier days, ... More »
Parsnip And Pear Mash
Are you looking for a substitute to normal mashed potatoes or sweet potatoes? Then here is a great video that would surely impress you. Take a look and see how to make an incredible and easy raw parsnip and pear mash. This fantastic recipe is worth trying! - 98.9977
Irish Curried Parsnips
Want to try a great parsnips recipe for a side dish? Here's a wonderful Irish Curried Parsnips recipe that is totally drool worthy. This video is a step by step demo of this recipe that can be easily replicated at home. - 78.8845
Healthy Parsnip Roast
Do parsnips feature in your list of favorite food? Watch Chef Gavan churn out a simple and tasty Parsnip Roast recipe that makes for a great appetizer. This video is a detailed description of the process, watch it now. - 78.7606
1. Cut parsnips in 1/2 inch cubes.
2. Preheat oven to 400Â° F.
3. In a pot of boiling water, cook parsnips until tender.
4. In a skillet, sautÃ© onion in 2 tablespoons butter till golden.
5. Add salt, pepper, sugar and cornstarch.
6.... - 46.6743
Pear, Parsnip, And Potato Pancakes
1. Start by preheating the oven to 375° F
2. In a food process fine grating blade, start grating the potato and parsnips
3 .In a colander, put the grated potato and parsnips, now rinse water for about 3 minutes, until the excess starch... - 46.0203
Stir Fried Parsnips
1) Take water and boil them.
2) Add parsnips in the boiling water and make them tender.
3) Drain the parsnips and keep aside.
4) Take a pan and heat oil.
5) Add ginger and garlic and cook for 30 seconds.
6) Add the pre-cooked parsnips... - 45.5536
Parsnips And Pomegranates
Parsnips And Pomegranates! My mouth is already watering, isn't yours? I love the unique flavors of this Parsnips And Pomegranates dish. They are definitely worth trying! - 45.1926
Venison Pot Roast With Root Vegetables And Parsnip Whipped Potatoes
1. Start by preparing the pot roast, preheat the oven to 350° F
2. In a pot, cook the bacon over medium heat, once cooked then drain the bacon on the paper towels
3. In a dutch oven, heat the olive oil over medium high heat, also brown... - 44.7631
Pare, wash and slice the parsnips, peel and slice the potatoes, if to be added.
Place in a microwave-safe dish the parsnips, potatoes, green onions or onion, water or chicken broth.
Microwave at HIGH 7 to 8 minutes, stirring once.
Drain, reserving the... - 42.6036
Cook in boiling, salted water until tender.
Drain; cut each in half lengthwise, or slice in founds, if parsnips are large.
Arrange half the parsnips in bottom of greased 1-1/2 quart baking dish.
Dot with half the butter, sprinkle with half the... - 42.4127
1. Wash parsnips, peel and cut into quarters.
2. In a saucepan, boil parsnips in salt water until tender.
3. Drain well and using a fork mash the boiled parsnips.
4. In a bowl, whip mashed parsnips with in nutmeg and lemon... - 42.4114
Parsnips A L'espagnole
Wash and peel parsnips as for Parsnips Nature.
Cut into sticks.
Place in a microwave-safe dish.
Add the water.
Microwave 6 to 8 minutes at HIGH, stirring after 5 minutes of cooking.
Check doneness with the point of a knife.
When done, remove... - 41.7484
Country Pork With Parsnips
Preheat the oven to 400°.
Melt the butter in a roasting pan, place the pork in it and roast for 1 hour.
Meanwhile, peel and chop the onions.
Peel and slice the parsnips.
Remove the roasting pan from the oven and arrange the onions and parsnips around the... - 41.5112
1) Wash and dry the parsnips.
2) Pare them; cut into quarters, lengthwise and further cut quarters into 3-inch pieces.
3) In a medium saucepan, place the parsnip.
4) Add boiling water to measure 1 inch.
5)Cover the pan and simmer for 20... - 41.1303
Parsnips Orange Flavored
1. In a slow cooker or crock pot, place the parsnips.
2. Season them with salt.
3. Pour over water.
4. Cover the pot with its lid
5. Cook the parsnips on HIGH for about 3 hours or if you are not in a hurry, cook on LOW for about 6 hours, until... - 40.9411
Parsnip And Pear Latkes
Parsnip And Pear Latkes is a unique amd delcious dish! I serve it burger quiet often at home. Why donâ€™t you serve the Parsnip And Pear Latkes for your family this weekend. Then you will understand why my family loves it! - 40.9018
1) Peel the parsnips, cut out the hard centers, and slice into thin pieces.
2) In a pan boil salted water and add the parsnips.
3) Let it simmer for 20 minutes or until parsnips are tender.
4) Drain and keep aside.
5) Rub the parsnips... - 40.8329
1) Wash the parsnips and cut them into 1 1/2 inches long.
2) Then slice each parsnips through core into lengthwise slices about 1/2 inch thick.
3) Boil the water and cook the parsnips for 10 minutes.
4) Take a pan and melt butter into... - 40.6131
Toasted Parsnips is a delicious side dish that makes for a great accompaniment for your roast beef! I prepared this Toasted Parsnips with meat just last month for a friend and his family! They loved it! The Toasted Parsnips is simply too tasty to miss out.... - 40.5075
Rosemary Parsnip Casserole
Peel parsnips; cook in boiling salted water until tender (about 30 minutes).
Drain and cut each in half, lengthwise.
Arrange half the parsnips in bottom of a greased baking dish (about 2 quarts).
Dot with butter, sprinkle with half the rosemary, flour, and... - 40.4551
Parsnips With Pineapple
1. Take a 1 ½ -1 quart casserole, add butter, parsnips, and ¼ cup of water. Stir well and cover.
2. Microwave at HIGH for about 5-7 minutes, until the vegetables turn crispy and soft. Keep aside.
3. Take 1 quart measure casserole and add cornstarch... - 40.1685
Remove rind from bacon, cut bacon into small pieces.
Fry until crisp, drain, set aside.
Peel parsnips, cut into small pieces; put into saucepan with milk.
Simmer, covered, until parsnips are tender and liquid is almost absorbed; mash.
Add butter, chopped... - 39.4509
Parsnips And Sesame Seeds
1) Peel parsnips and cut along the length.
2) Set your oven at 350 F/180 C and heat oil.
3) Add parsnips and fry in heated oil until they turn golden in color.
4) Stir in sesame seeds and pour soy sauce and butter into the pan.
5) Cook... - 39.2175
Baked Glazed Parsnips
1) Wash the parsnips and scrape them.
2) Cut the parsnips into 3-4 inch lengths.
30 Take a 8-inch square baking pan and melt butter into it at 375 degrees.
4) Take out the pan and add brown sugar, salt and lemon peel.
5) Put the... - 39.0352
Mashed Potatoes With Parsnips
Put the potatoes and parsnips into a large saucepan and add water to cover.
Add the 1 tablespoon salt, cover partially and bring to a boil over high heat.
Reduce the heat to medium-low and boil gently until tender when pierced with a fork, 20-25... - 39.0191
1. In a large saucepan, cover parsnips with water.
2. Place pan on a medium flame and bring water to a boil.
3. Cover pan with a lid and simmer the parsnips for 30-35 minutes until fork tender.
4. Drain into a colander and allow cooling until easy to... - 38.9166
Puree Of Potatoes And Parsnips
Place the potatoes and parsnips in a large saucepan and add enough water to cover.
Bring to a boil, then reduce the heat.
Cover and simmer for 20 to 25 minutes or the vegetables are very tender.
Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, combine the milk, margarine,... - 38.5001
Parsnips With Pears
Wash and peel parsnips.
Slice into 1/4-inch slices.
Combine oils in a saucepan.
Stir in the parsnips.
Add enough water to cover bottom of pan.
Cover and steam until parsnips are nearly done and water is absorbed.
Peel, core, and slice the pear.
Sprinkle with... - 38.3656
Parsnips A L Espanole
€¢ Wash and peel parsnips as for Parsnips '' Nature.''
€¢ Cut into sticks. Place in a microwave-safe dish. Add the water. Stir well.
€¢ Microwave 6 to 8 minutes at HIGH, stirring after 5 minutes of cooking. Check doneness with the point of a... - 38.005
Parsnip timbales is a baked timbales recipe made with eggs and breadcrumbs. Flavored with a little orange rind and seasoned to taste, these parsnip timbales can be served with a savory sauce in meals with a side of choice. - 37.7678
1) Prepare the parsnips by cutting along the length to resemble French fries.
2) In a small fry pan, add butter and heat up to melt.
3) Add chopped ginger and sauté for a while.
4) Put the parsnips into pan and pour 2 tablespoons water.... - 37.5541
Mashed Potatoes And Parsnips
1. Simmer potatoes and parsnips in a pot filled with boiling water, covered, for 20 to 30 minutes, or until potatoes can easily be pierced with a fork, but are still firm. Keep stirring intermittently.
2. Drain and using a potato masher, mash until... - 36.8993
Parsnip Stuffed Zucchini
In a small amount of water, steam zucchini and parsnips until tender (6 to 8 minutes).
Mash parsnips with onion; add butter, salt, and pepper to taste.
Scoop centers out of the zucchini; add to parsnip mixture.
Fill zucchini with parsnip... - 36.6626
1. Pound all together with a little oil until the mixture can be formed into shapes.
2. These can be served with salad without cooking or, if preferred, dipped in a coating batter and lightly fried.
Nuts can usually be bought ready... - 36.5171
Sugared Buttered Parsnips
1) Peel the parsnips, rinse and dice into large pieces.
2) In a pan, boil or steam the parsnips, until tender and drain thoroughly.
3) In the same pan, melt the butter.
4) Then add the parsnips and toss lightly until thoroughly... - 36.2019
Parsnips Au Gratin
Melt butter; blend in flour.
Add milk; cook, stirring constantly, until thickened.
Add salt and pepper.
Slice parsnips; place in greased baking dish.
Pour sauce over top.
Sprinkle with cheese.
Bake in 350- degree oven for 30 minutes. - 36.0509
Rosemary Parsnip Casserole
Peel parsnips; cook in boiling, salted water for 30 minutes or until tender.
Drain; cut in half length wise.
Arrange half the parsnips in greased 2-quart baking dish.
Dot with 1 tablespoon butter; sprinkle with half the rosemary, flour and cheese.
Drizzle... - 36.0313
In a saucepan filled with lightly salted boiling water, blanch sliced parsnip 1 minute or so.
Dry with a paper towel.
In a heavy bottomed casserole dish, heat oil.
In 2 steps, fry sliced parsnip until golden brown.
Shake off excess... - 35.4438
These glazed parsnips make a lovely and delicious side. Cooked with a butter, brown sugar and cider glaze, these parsnips are easy to prepare and quickly finished in the oven for the dinner table. - 35.2548
Parsnips And Peas
1) Prepare the ingredients.
2) In a skillet, heat sesame oil and saute onion for about 5 minutes until clear.
3) Add peas and parsnips.
4) Simmer the vegetables at low heat for about 30 minutes or until tender.
5) Serve the peas... - 35.0403
Bitter Sweet Roots
1. In a medium sized skillet, heat oil.
2. Add strips and sautÃ© on a medium flame for 2 to 3 minutes or till they start to soften and brown.
3. Add butter, stock, salt and pepper. Mix well and bring to boil.
4. Reduce flame and simmer for 7 minutes... - 34.9804
Parsnips With Parsley
Shred the parsnips in the food processor or with a hand grater.
Put parsnips in a saucepan.
Add the water and sugar and bring to a boil.
Cook until tender, about 10-12 minutes.
Drain and add butter, salt and pepper; stir until melted.
Place in serving... - 34.7959
Japanese Chicken, Carrots, And Parsnips
Place chicken and soy sauce in pie plate, mix to coat and marinate 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Put chicken with sauce in top of double boiler.
Add carrots and parsnips.
Cover with ginger.
Mix together oil, vinegar, and sugar; drizzle over chicken and... - 34.5964
Parsnips And Pears
Peel pears and cut into quarters.
Peel parsnips and cut each into 4 chunks.
Cover parsnips with water and cook until just fork tender.
Drain and cool.
Mix brown sugar and cinnamon into melted butter.
Preheat stovetop grill.
Brush parsnip and... - 34.5265
1. Preheat the oven to 400° F.
2. Place the parsnips in a roasting pan.
3. Drizzle the drippings or shortening over them and toss parsnips with hands to coat them with the fat.
4. Roast in preheated oven for 40-45 minutes, stirring... - 34.3767
Vegetable Side Dishes Julia Child's Puree Of Parsnips
This Vegetable Side Dishes Julia Child's Puree Of Parsnips received such rave reviews from all. This compelling Vegetable Side Dishes Julia Child's Puree Of Parsnips is the Side Dish of choice for a winning meal. Total time you have to spend on preparation... - 34.1989
Parsnip And Pear Puree
Heat the oil in a large saucepan over medium heat.
Add the onion and cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes.
Add the parsnips.
Reduce the heat to low, cover, and cook, stirring occasionally, for 20 minutes, or until tender.
Add the pears, broth, and... - 34.1547
1) Cut the parsnips into ½ inch slices after washing and peeling them.
2) In a pan, add in the parsnips and cover with boiling water. Cook for 25 to 30 minutes till they become tender.
3) Heat a greased frying pan. Sauté till the pieces turn... - 34.003
1. Preheat the oven to moderate, 350°F, 180°c, gas mark 4.
2. Mix the ham, mushrooms and cheese together.
3. Season hot parsnips with salt and pepper (and any other seasoning of your choice). 4. In a 2 quart greased casserole... - 33.9522
Tangy Shredded Parsnips
Insert slicing disc.
Slice celery; leave in work bowl.
Change to shredding disc and shred parsnips.
Place mayonnaise, mustard, and lemon juice in a mixing bowl.
Add parsnips and celery; mix gently until blended.
Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour or... - 33.8335
Heat 1 inch salted water (1/2 teaspoon salt to 1 cup water) to boiling.
Cover and heat to boiling; reduce heat.
Simmer until parsnips are tender, about 10 minutes; drain.
Heat margarine over medium heat until melted; stir in brown sugar.
Mix... - 33.4095
Wash parsnips and cook in boiling water until tender.
Cool, scrape, halve, and remove cores.
Melt butter in skillet; add parsnips and sprinkle lightly with salt.
Add maple syrup.
Cook until slightly browned and glazed, turning once. - 33.4088
1. Peel and cut up the parsnips, place in a saucepan, cover with salted water and bring to the boil. Cover and cook until tender, about 20 minutes. Drain and mash well.
2. Melt the butter or margarine in a saucepan, add the flour and cook, stirring, for 2... - 33.147
Mashed Potato N Parsnip
Place potato, parsnip and carrot in a saucepan; cover with water.
Bring to a boil.
Reduce heat; cover and cook for 20-25 minutes or until tender.
In asmall bowl, mash the vegetables with milk, butter, brown sugar and salt. - 33.084
1) For about 6 minutes, par-boil the parsnips.
2) In a frying pan, melt the butter and add the mustard and seasoning.
3) Drain the parsnips and put them in the frying pan.
4) Gently cook the contents, turning the parsnips occasionally to ensure that... - 32.575
Parsnip Stuffed Courgettes
1. Wipe the courgettes, trim each end and place in boiling salted water. Simmer for 6 minutes, depending on size, until just tender.
2. Remove from the water with tongs or a slotted spoon and place in a colander under cold running water for one minute.
3.... - 32.5666
Whipped Potatoes Parsnips
Cube potatoes, slice parsnips.
Cook in salted water until very soft.
Drain thoroughly in a colander.
Add rest of ingredients and mix with hand mixer until very light.
Pile into casserole and bake at 350° for 30 to 40 minutes or until light brown and... - 32.3876
Our Version Of Julia Child's Parsnip Puree
No one can stop at just one is my claim for this recipe of Our Version Of Julia Child's Parsnip Puree. It is the answer when you look for a tasty Side Dish. Our Version Of Julia Child's Parsnip Puree gets its taste from parsnip. The approximate time required... - 32.3722
Cut parsnips lengthwise in thin slices, then cut slices into pieces about 1 1/2 inches long.
Place in medium-sized pan and cover with boiling water.
Add salt and cook for 20 minutes, or just until tender.
Melt butter in a large frying pan; add honey, and... - 32.3459
Sugar Crusted Parsnips
Cook parsnips in enough water to cover for 5 minutes; drain.
Melt butter in saucepan.
Stir in brown sugar, nutmeg, salt and pepper.
Add parsnips; mix well.
Cook for 2 minutes, stirring occasionally. - 32.2263
Parsnip Duchesse Potatoes
Preheat oven to Gas 4, 350°F, 180°C, 15 mins before baking the potatoes.
Lightly grease a baking sheet.
Cook the parsnips and potatoes in boiling salted water for 15-20 mins or until soft, drain thoroughly then mash until smooth.
Pass through a fine sieve... - 31.2654
Shred coarsely, using a food processor or a sharp hand grater; you should have about 8 cups.
In a wok or deep 3- to 4-quart pan, heat about 1 inch of oil to 375°F on a deep-frying thermometer.
Drop about 1/2 cup of the shredded parsnips... - 30.3893
Wash the parsnips and steam till tender in their jackets.
Peel carefully and cut into half-inch slices.
Grease an oven-proof dish with one-half tablespoon of the butter and dust it with the sugar.
Add alternate layers of parsnips and shallots sprinkling each... - 30.0965
Pineapple Baked Parsnips
Heat oven to 350°.
Prepare parsnips in lengthwise strips.
Place strips in ungreased baking dish, 111/2x71/2x11/2 inches.
Mix juice, sugar, salt, and pepper; pour over parsnips.
Dot with butter.
Cover; bake 1 hour. - 29.9457
Prepare the parsnips and cook them as in Parsnips—Conservatively Cooked.
Drain off any liquid left in the pan and reserve it for a soup or gravy.
Mash with a fork or rub through a nylon sieve.
Heat the butter or margarine in a pan and beat in the puree, add... - 29.5607
Cook parsnips in butter in a large skillet for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Cover skillet, and cook over low heat until parsnips are crisp tender .
Remove cover from skillet; add brown sugar, lemon juice, salt, pepper, and parsley, if desired, and stir... - 29.3063
Parsnips Au Gratin
Steam the parsnips until tender.
Mash them with a fork to a puree and beat in 25 g/1 oz of the fat and the cheese.
Spread the parsnip mixture in a flameproof serving dish and sprinkle over the breadcrumbs or cereal.
Dot with the rest of the butter.
Brown... - 29.2339
Mashed Parsnip Patties
To parsnips, add onion, parsley and seasonings; stir in egg and coarse crumbs.
Shape into 8 patties, and roll in fine crumbs.
Heat drippings in frying pan, and saute until crisply brown on both sides. - 29.0758
Cook parsnips in small amount of salted water until just tender.
Don't overcook as they go mushy very easily.
Add remaining ingredients.
Stir gently to melt butter and to coat parsnips. - 28.8576
Candied Parsnips is an amazingly delicious side dish recipe. Try this recipe; I am sure you will have a huge fan following for this one! - 28.6531
Parsnips A La Greque
Slice parsnips, and immediately brush with lemon juice.
Drop into saucepan with remaining ingredients, except oil, and cook until parsnips are tender and liquid almost evaporated.
Discard garlic clove.
Use immediately or cool at room temperature. - 28.3469
Place parsnips, pineapple, sugar, salt and pepper in 2-quart casserole.
Dot with margarine.
Cover tightly and microwave on high (100%) 4 minutes; stir.
Cover and microwave until parsnips are tender, 4 to 6 minutes longer.
Let stand 5 minutes. - 27.8793
1) In a blender, place the parsnips with water, sugar and pineapple.
2) Process the parsnip mixture for about for 15 seconds, until coarsely pureed and blended.
3) Serve immediately, garnish with a sprig of parsley if desired. - 27.8601
1) Take a roasting bag and add parsnips, butter, and thyme.
2) Tie the bag loosely and cook on power for 10 minutes.
3) Season to taste and serve as required. - 27.7749
Place parsnips in a saucepan and cover with water.
Cook until crisp-tender; drain.
Meanwhile, in a skillet over medium heat, saute carrot, celery and onion in butter until crisp-tender, about 6 minutes.
Add the parsnips, salt and pepper; cook and stir for 4... - 27.3716
Young parsnips are most desirable, but old ones may be used if the woody center is removed.
Wash and scrape the parsnips, and boil them until tender.
Drain and cut them into small pieces.
Make a sauce of the fat, flour, milk and seasonings.
Add the cooked... - 27.3321
1. Pare the parsnips and cut into sticks of even thickness. Cook in boiling salted water until barely tender, about 10 minutes.
2. In a medium-sized skillet melt the butter and add the sugar, salt, vinegar, and orange juice concentrate. Bring to a boil. Add... - 26.5873
Mashed Potatoes And Parsnips
1. Combine potato and parsnip in a large saucepan; add water to cover. Bring to a boil; reduce heat, and simmer, uncovered, 25 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Drain.
2. Add buttermilk and remaining ingredients to potato mixture; beat with a mixer at... - 26.576
Parsnip Potato Combo
In saucepan, cook potatoes and parsnips, covered, in a small amount of boiling salted water till tender, about 15 minutes, drain.
In mixer bowl, combine hot parsnips and potatoes, the butter, salt, and allspice.
Beat till smooth, adding milk if necessary to... - 26.5077
1. As soon as the parsnips are tender, drain them and put through a ricer.
2. Mix the onion and seasonings in; beat the cream or milk in, adding just enough to make a fluffy texture like mashed potatoes. Pour into a warmed serving dish, add dabs of butter or... - 26.436
Cook whole parsnips in boiling water until almost tender.
Add salt and pepper to egg and beat slightly with fork.
Dip each parsnip in egg, then in crumbs, coating well.
Heat butter in heavy skillet, add parsnips and cook slowly until golden brown,... - 26.4327
Parsnips Conservatively Cooked
Scrub and scrape the parsnips and slice them thinly.
Fat steam the parsnips for 10 min., i.e. shake them in the melted fat, well below frying temperature, with the lid on the pan until the fat is absorbed.
Add the boiling water and the salt, and simmer gently... - 25.7004
Bring water to a boil in a skillet, add parsnips and salt.
Cover and simmer 5 to 8 minutes or until the parsnips are crisp-tender.
Drain and set aside.
Melt butter in skillet; stir in corn syrup, brown sugar, and parsnips.
Cook over medium heat, stirring... - 25.3639
Steam parsnips in as little water as possible until they are tender but still firm and the water has cooked away.
Add butter and saute them for 5 minutes or so, turning them so as to brown evenly.
Season to taste, garnish with parsley and serve. - 24.7363
Spinach And Parsnip Dip
A dip made to be had with some vegetable sticks! Venessa blends these up and to make this a raw dip! Watch the video for more. - 23.1448
Heat a coating layer of drippings (or oil and butter) in a roasting pan.
Add the parsnips and turn to coat with the fat.
Roast in a preheated 375° oven for 45-50 minutes or until tender.
Turn them occasionally during roasting so they brown evenly.
They will... - 22.7175
Cook whole or cut into sticks or slices.
Heat salted water (1/2 teaspoon salt to 1 cup water) to boiling.
Add parsnips; cover and bring to boiling.
Cook until tender, about 30 minutes for whole and 10 to 15 minutes for sticks or slice.
Drain... - 22.1313
1. Scrape or pare the parsnips, then shred coarsely, using a slaw knife. Soak in ice water 1 hour. Drain. Dry between soft towels.
2. Drop into deep, hot fat as for Fried Parsnips . Take out with a strainer. Drain on thick paper towels. Sprinkle with salt and... - 22.0673
1. Prepare parsnips except cut into 1/4-inch strips. Place parsnips, pineapple, salt and pepper in 2-quart casserole. Dot with margarine.
2. Cover tightly and microwave on high 10 to 12 minutes, stirring after 4 minutes, until parsnips are tender. Let stand... - 21.9068
Wash, peel, and core parsnips; cut into strips.
Add with salt pork to boiling salted water.
Boil 25 minutes or until fork-tender; drain. - 21.858
Boil the parsnips until tender (about 20 minutes).
Place the parsnips in a blender with the butter, milk, salt and pepper and puree to a smooth, light consistency. - 20.8469
Fresh Quartered Parsnips
1. Wash, trim and peel parsnips. Cut into quarters. In a 2-quart casserole with lid, combine parsnips and 1/4 cup orange juice. Cover and microwave at 100% (high) 5 to 6 minutes or until tender; stir after 3 minutes.
2. In a screw-top jar, shake together... - 20.2229
1. Drain the cooked parsnips.
2. Heat the butter or margarine and honey or sugar. Spread over the parsnips. Cover and leave over lowest heat 5 minutes. - 19.9421
Peel parsnips and cut into slices.
Boil about 1/2 cup water for 1 lb. parsnips, add 1/2 tsp. salt to water, add parsnips and cover tightly.
Simmer 30-40 minutes until tender.
Drain and serve seasoned with salt, pepper, and butter. - 19.797
Peel and steam parsnips and mash well.
Season with vegetable salt, cinnamon, pepper and stir in with the cream.
Pile into serving dish and decorate with chopped parsley. - 16.9139
Peel and steam parsnips, and dress with sweet-sour sauce. - 11.4205
Parsnip Recipes By Category