- » Parsi
Parsi food is rich in taste as well as variety and mostly comprise of non-vegetarian meals with spice laden curries having unique flavor of nuts like apricots, pistachio, walnuts and cashews. Parsi cuisine is an ... More »
Hard Boiled Eggs In Curried Dal Or Legume Soup
The easiest way to devour eggs is to dump it into curries. Chef Bhal Dave deviates from the standard egg curry recipe however, to prepare a luscious Indian egg curry with lentils. Healthy, wholesome and highly appeasing, this one's worth a try! - 76.0523
Fish In Sauce Parsi Style
1. Clean, wash and cut pomfret into slices. Apply salt and set aside.
2. Chop onions, coriander leaves and green chillies finely.
3. Grind cumin, cinnamon and garlic.
4. Wash tomatoes.
5. Heat fat, saute onions. Add ground spices and fry. Add chilli powder... - 47.8347
Vegetables Parsi Style
Cut potatoes, yam, carrot and french beans into small cubes.
Chop onions fine.
Shell and parboil green peas.
Make a puree from tomatoes.
Heat 4 tbs oil in karahi and fry the cubed vegetables brown, one at a time.
Pour remaining oil in a pan and fry the onions... - 47.2449
Parsi Style Crumb Chops
Clean chops and remove any sinew Mix all ground spices into a paste with bread.
Divide into 24 equal portions.
Place a chop on a chopping board.
Put one portion of ground paste on top.
Spread it out and with a chopper, start chopping paste into chop.
It... - 46.1607
Potato Kabab (parsi)
1 In a pan, boil the potatoes in salted water until tender.
2 Allow to cool and mash them.
3 Remove the brown part of fresh coconut and grate.
4 Soak bread slices in water and squeeze out gently.
5 In a pan, heat 1 tbsp ghee.
6 Add in... - 45.5869
Parsi Sweet Sevian
1 In a frying pan, heat the ghee.
2 Add in raisins and peeled almonds, cook until light brown.
3 Remove from the ghee, using a slotted spoon.
4 Add in the sevian in the remaining ghee, cook until brown.
5 Add in the sugar and water, cook on high... - 45.2448
Semolina Sweet Parsi Style
Sieve semolina into a bowl.
Melt 1 tsp ghee in a pan over low heat.
Add semolina and roast, stirring continuously till golden and fragrant.
Remove from heat and set aside.
Put milk with cardamoms in a kadhai or wok over high heat and boil for 5 minutes.
Lower... - 43.9865
A Parsi Poro Savory Omelette
A Iparsi Pora Savoury Omelette is simply yummy. The Green chilli gives the A Iparsi Pora Savoury Omelette a strong taste. - 38.7597
Parsi Style Eggs On Drumstick Flowers
Cook the onions in a vessel along with half a cup of ghee. Allow to soften and add the drumstick flowers, finely chopped. When cooked, add the green chillies and tomatoes. When the tomatoes turn soft, add the potato shoestrings. Taste for salt. Sprinkle some... - 34.5315
Parsi Sekta Ni Sing Nu Dohroo Or Sweet And Sour Drumstick Gravy
Clean, cut and boil the drumsticks in boiling, salted water till tender.
Place the onions in a large pan and add 1/2 cup oil and the curry leaves and allow the onions to cook till soft. Add the tomatoes and fresh coriander till they become soft.
Add the... - 33.5584
Dar Nl Pom Parsi Food
1. Place the washed toovar dal in a pressure cooker with 2 1/2 cups of water and cook for about 15 minutes until soft. Empty
inter a large vessel and add the sugar, nutmeg-cardamom powder, vanilla essence and the ghee.' Mix well. Add the raisins, cherries... - 32.9671
Parsi Style Drumstick Flower Akuri
Take a flat bottomed vessel. Place the ghee in it and add the onions and green chillies and cook till pink and soft. Add the cumin and garlic paste and stir the onions non-stop. Lower the heat and add the drumstick flowers after finely chopping them until the... - 32.7266
Sali Ne Jardaloo Ma Gos Parsi Style
1. Place half cup oil and the onions to cook in a heavy bottomed pan. When golden coloured, and the salted washed mutton botis, ginger-garlic paste and fry the mutton till red. Gradually add the powdered masalas, tomatoes and ground dried kopra and cook on a... - 31.1567
Varadhvara The Best Parsi Food
1. Place the flour, semolina, sugar, spices and melted ghee in a large thala. Mix well and then add the baking powder, whipped eggs and sufficient water to make a smooth pliable dough. The dough should not be limp or wet and should hold its shape. Taste for... - 30.5322
Sambar Masala For Parsi Dishes
Mix together fenugreek, mustard, turmeric, asafoetida and salt.
Add to hot oil and roast.
When roasted, remove from fire and add chilli powder.
Mix well and use as required. - 29.7798
Ravo Parsi Style
1. Boil the pistachios and almonds separately. Skin and cut finely into slices.
2. Take a large flat bottomed dekchi. Place the ghee and rava in it, and allow to cook on a slow fire until the rava has absorbed all the ghee. Keep frying till a nice ivory... - 28.5948
Patra Ni Macchi
1. Wash the pomfrets twice, apply salt and set aside.
2. Grind the chutney masala till it is soft and buttery. Use half a cup of water if. necessary.
3. Prepare the banana leaves by removing the centre stalk. You will have twelve pieces now. Take one slice of... - 28.3404
1. Place oil in a kadhai. Deep fry the sliced onions till golden brown. Place tomatoes, green chillies, ginger-garlic paste and black pepper in a heavy bottomed pan. Add 4 tablespoons of oil from the kadhai in which the onions were fried. Cook on a slow fire... - 27.5231
Lagan Na Tarkari Per Eda - Parsi Food
1. Take a large heavy bottomed thali. Place the ghee and ginger-garlic paste in it and place over medium heat. Stir for two minutes and add the green chillies, chopped tomatoes, coriander, vinegar, sugar, chilli powder and garam masala and cook till the... - 25.2924
Karkaria ( Banana Fritters ) Parsi Style
1. Mash the bananas. Add the sugar, essence and cardamom-nutmeg powder. Beat in the eggs and whisk the mixture well.
2. Gradually add in wheat flour, maida and the raisins.
3. Heat half a kadhai of ghee and when it gets hot, lower the flame and take one... - 25.1135
1. Wash fish well, apply salt, the masala powders and allow to marinate for half an hour.
2. Take a large non-stick pan or a round tava. Pour oil on it and put it on the fire.
3. When the oil is hot, fry the fish but do not allow it to harden. Serve with... - 20.0414
Parsi Soothanoo ( Dried Ginger Sweet )
1. Grease an aluminium tray with one tablespoon ghee and set aside.
2. Make a thick syrup with 4 cups of water and the sugar. Squeeze a tablespoon of sour lime juice in the hot syrup. With a perforated spoon remove the scum which will surface over the syrup... - 19.6288
Parsi Garlic And Chilli Mix
Grind the garlic and chillies together. You can add a little water to make a paste. Store in refrigerator. Remains fresh for 4-5 days. - 13.5743
My Mom-in-law's Delicious Dhansak
Dhansak is a popular Parsi dish and is considered a classic. Its ideally eaten with steamed rice; however, it tastes good even with bread. Check out this recipe to know its preparation. - 0
Dhan-saak Dal (protein-rich And Low-cal ) By Tarla Dalal
A traditional Parsi dish usually prepared on Sundays for a family meal. As the name says, dhan-saak is an interesting combination of dals (dhan) and vegetables (saak) perked with loads of spices to make it a mouth-watering dish. Being cooked only with 1... - 0
Parsi Recipes By Category