- » Oyster Appetizer
Oyster Appetizer Recipes
Oyster Appetizers are the many variety of starters or first course prepared using oysters, like oyster rockefellers, oyster bruschetta, oyster puffs etc. Mostly oysters removed from the shell are used for the ... More »
Rocky Mountain Oysters Asian Taco Recipe Style
This week I am making Rocky Mountain Oysters! Yup! Bulls balls! I am making them Asian Taco Recipe Style and a really killer Asian pesto sauce for a topping! If you have never had Rocky Mountain Oysters then you need to try this recipe you will love it. - 134.033
Korean Food: Oyster Rice Cake Soup (굴 떡국)
The rice cake soup called “tteokguk” in Korean is not only an all time favorite Korean stew but is the traditional soup eaten on the Korean New Year’s day. There are many different versions of this delicious thick glutinous soup with different kinds of... - 126.345
Oyster Rockefeller Paired With Marques De Riscal Rioja
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. In a large skillet with 1 tablespoon of olive oil, caramelize the shallots and garlic.
3. Add heavy cream and reduce.
4. In another pan with a little but of olive oil on high heat, cook the... - 114.885
Oyster And Vegetable Salad
Do you want to prepare a simple and easy recipe using oysters? Join Chef John Maxwell in this video as he combines crispy fried oysters and spinach with a sweet and sour dressing for a terrific treat. Surely this outstanding video is a must watch! - 113.296
Potato Wrapped Oysters With Crab Bearnaise Sauce
1.Thinly slice the potatoes into discs lengthwise.
2.Shuck the oysters and wash them well. Wash the shells well and keep aside.
3.Take a potato slice, place the oyster within, wrap it and secure with a tooth pick.
4.Throw them in the... - 107.989
Devilish Angels On Horseback
The Holiday season has set in and everyone is on the lookout for new easy and memorable hors d'oeuvres! Angels On Horseback is not only a popular party appetizer they also make wonderful pre-dinner nibbles. This recipe is the classic with a devilish twist.... - 107.974
Barbequed Stuffed Jalapeno Poppers
Here is a mind blowing video that shows a recipe for spicy stuffed jalapeno poppers that would surely kick start your barbeque tailgate party. The video is very nicely presented in a simple manner and would definitely equip you for a spicy flavorful treat! - 105.578
Sauteed Oysters In Garlic And Butter
1. Place oysters on hot grill until oysters open their shell. This makes shucking easy.
2. Shuck the oysters from their shell.
3. Preheat dutch oven to 350 Degrees Fahrenheit.
4. In the dutch oven, add the butter and garlic.
5. Add the... - 105.046
Korean Fried Oyster With Flour And Egg Coating
Want to surprise your guests with an exotic Korean preparation the next time you have a get together? Don't worry! It isn't all that difficult, just very fancy! Watch this video and learn to cook the perfect Korean style egg and flour coated fried oysters.... - 104.953
Oysters With Mignonette Sauce
Wondering how to include oysters in your menu? Watch this video and learn this simple recipe by Chef Tse that can be easily replicated at home. Watch the video now. - 104.7
Two Sauces For Fresh Oysters
Want to enjoy fresh oysters from the comfort of your home? In this video, Chef Scott is showing recipes for two Sauces for your Fresh Oysters and also shows how to prepare oysters before eating. If you have never worked on fresh oysters, you can now do it... - 103.62
Crispy Fried Oysters
Planning to host a party or get-together? Then add these crispy fried oysters to your party menu. Chef Laurence shows this very easy dish to make at home. Make this delicious recipe for snack time or serve as an appetizer and rejoice! - 102.497
Japanese-style Panko Crusted Oyster Fritters With Tartar Sauce
Everyone loves panko, or Japanese bread crumb that gives fried foods an airy, light, and super crispy coating. Kaki furai is one of those fried appetizers that most seafood lovers order at a Japanese restaurant. Everyone loves panko, or Japanese bread crumb... - 99.6976
Are you looking forward to make barbecued oysters? Here is the most unique and interesting recipes that you would have ever seen. Watch this incredible video and prepare your own barbecued oysters at home to impress your family and friends in your next... - 99.6033
Exotic Baked Oysters In Half Shell
Do you believe that cooked oysters taste wonderful? Well if you don't here is a decadent recipe for exotic baked oysters in half shell that will change your perception about oysters. This recipe is really twisted and will taste dainty. Watch the video and... - 98.7571
Korean Oyster Fritter
Oysters make a fancy and elegant appetizer for cocktail parties. These Korean-style oyster fritters are a crowd pleaser when served with a sweet-spicy dipping sauce. These are very different from the classic New Orleans style oyster fritters but are equally... - 98.4455
Homemade Grilled Oysters
Looking for an appetizer recipe that you can whip up within minutes? Then watch this video and learn to make the classic grilled oysters in an easy and hassle free way. Enjoy! - 82.2931
Bisque Of Oysters
The flavor of this Bisque Of Oysters recipe has occupied my mind so much that I almost never consider any other Bisque Of Oysters recipe. This Bisque Of Oysters is surely going to make you famous amongst your friends once they taste it. Try it right away! - 50.3582
Inauguration Oyster Soup
1) Take a pan and melt ½ a cup of butter in it.
2) Stir in the carrots, celery, leek and onion until they are well covered with the butter.
3) Simmer the covered pan over very low heat for 20 minutes and stir it occasionally.
4) Take another pan and... - 47.8861
1. Drain the oysters and reserve the liquid.
2. Chop the oysters.
3. Soak the bread crumbs in milk, broth and reserved oyster liquid.
4. In a large soup pot, melt the butter
5. SautÃ© the vegetables until limp.
6. Add the chopped... - 47.8391
Bean Curd & Oyster Soup
Bean Curd & Oyster Soup is a sumptuous and delicious soup that is simply a joy to prepare and serve. I serve this for almost all the parties I host at home and they are always a success. Try this Bean Curd & Oyster Soup! You wont regret it. Trust me! - 47.1002
Cream Of Oyster And Spinach Soup
1) In a saucepan, boil 1 1/2 cups water. Cook the oysters till they become firm. Drain and keep the liquid aside.
2) In a blender, add in the oysters. Blend to get a smooth puree.
3) In a saucepan, cook the spinach as per its packet directions. Drain... - 47.0307
1) Simmer rice in clam juice until soft and then add in butter.
2) Force the rice through a sieve.
3) Chop and blend oysters and then add in the rice.
4) Stir in cream and season with salt, pepper, and Tabasco.
5) Heat it so that it starts to boil.
6)... - 46.9681
1) Take a pan and put in the halved onion, celery, bay leaf, salt and pepper.
2) Add the milk and simmer the entire contents over low heat for 30minutes without bringing it to a boil.
3) Strain the cooked contents and replace them within the... - 46.925
1) Drain the oysters, keeping aside 1 cup of the liquid.
2) Cut the oysters into small pieces.
3) In a saucepan, add the oyster liquid and the cut oysters and scald.
4) Take off the stove.
5) In a Pyrex dish, add scald milks, onion, celery, parsley and... - 46.2102
1) Preheat the oven to 350°F.
2) In a small bowl, mix together salt, cayenne, Worcestershire sauce, lemon juice, and melted butter.
3) On the bottom of a greased 1-quart baking dish, spread half of the oysters.
4) On top, add half of... - 45.9392
This is by far the best Oyster Stew recipe that I have come across. Perfect for a chilly winter evening or even on christmas eve, your guests will love this excellent dish. Creamy oysters coated with worcestershire sauce, herbs, pepper can be spotted with... - 45.7389
Combine the seasoning mix ingredients in a small bowl.
Place the canned milk and cream cheese in a blender and process until smooth and creamy; set aside.
Preheat a heavy 5-quart pot, preferably nonstick, over high heat to 350°, about 4 minutes.
Add the... - 45.7333
Melt margarine in a large heavy-based saucepan.
Cook onion, celery and carrot for 3-4 minutes or until tender.
Stir in flour and cook fori minute.
Add potatoes and cook for 1 minute.
Remove pan from heat.
Combine stock, bay leaves and peppercorns.
Blend... - 45.6059
Appease your growling stomach with this impressively delicious recipe for Oyster-Milk Toast. Believe, this Oyster-Milk Toast doesn't take much of your time, but is appetizingly inviting to indulge your taste-buds! - 45.4792
Quick New England Clam, Oyster And Shrimp Chowder
1) In a 4-quart pressure cooker, without its base rack, saute the salt pork and onions over a medium-high heat for 3 or 4 minutes.
2) Then stir in the potatoes and cream over a highest heat.
3) Place the lid, bring the pressure up to 15 pounds, then... - 45.4722
1) Preheat the oven to 350°F.
2) In a saucepan, saute the shallot in butter until soft but not brown.
3) Stir the flour, salt, mustard and cayenne pepper until smooth and cook for 1 minute without browning.
4) Pour in the milk and stir... - 45.3558
Oyster Puff Patties
1. Preheat the oven to 230° C (4500 F).
2. Roll the pastry dough into 5 mm (1/4th inch) thickness.
3. Cut the pasty dough into rounds using a cutter measuring 4 cm (1 ½ inch).
4. Use a cutter measuring 1 cm to create a mark at the... - 45.1507
Chesapeake Oyster Bisque
Heat oysters in their liquor, but do not boil.
Drain; reserve liquid.
Cut oysters into small pieces.
Add enough milk to liquid to make 2 cups.
Melt butter, blend in flour, and add the liquid.
Stir and cook until thickened.
Add egg mixed with cream and... - 45.0107
Oyster And Artichoke Soup
1) Melt the butter or margarine in a 3-quart saucepan and add the celery, garlic and shallots.
2) Cook over medium flame till the vegetables have tendered and then stir the flour into the mixture.
3) Over medium flame, cook the mixture for 3 minutes,... - 44.924
Irish Oyster Soup
If you haven’t decided what to cook this Saint Patrick's Day, then try this Irish oyster soup recipe. The pleasure you would experience in cooking this recipe would make your Saint Patrick's Day more delightful. This soup would be so tasty that the... - 44.9075
Oyster Cutlets has a lovely taste. Oyster Cutlets gets its taste from oyster mixed with liquor and eggs. Oyster Cutlets is inspired by many restaurants around the world. - 44.8926
Shrimp Oyster Gumbo
1 In a skillet, add butter and cook onion and pepper for 2 or 3 minutes.
2 Stir in flour and brown lightly.
3 Add water, tomatoes, and file.
4 Simmer, covered for 30 minutes.
5 Add in okra, shrimps, and oysters.
6 Simmer for 10 to 15... - 44.7381
Sherried Oyster And Brie Soup
Drain oysters and reserve liquor; set aside.
Melt butter in large saucepan over medium-high heat.
When foam subsides, stir in mushrooms, shallots and lemon juice; cook and stir 2 minutes.
Sprinkle with flour; cook and stir 1 minute more.
Add broth and reduced... - 44.4972
1) Chop the red and green pepper finely.
2) Chop the red onion and parsley as well.
3) Cut tomatoes and avocado into small dices.
4) Boil the chicken stock.
5) Simmer the stock and add oysters and their liquor.
6) Let the oysters poach... - 44.3125
1) Heat the fat to 370 ° in a wok, on slow flame.
2) In a medium bowl add egg yolks, scallions, pepper, salt, flour and nuts.
3) In another bowl, beat the egg whites until stiff and fold into egg yolk mixture with... - 44.2384
Cauliflower And Oyster Flan
STEPS TO GETTING READY
1) Switch on an oven and preheat it to 450°F.
2) Roll the pastry and line a 8 inch tart plate.
3) Bake in the preheated oven for 15 minutes.
4) Place the drained cauliflower in the baked pastry shell.
5) In a saucepan, combine... - 44.2072
Malpeque Oyster Bisque
Simmer oysters in water until edges curl.
Drain, reserving liquid.
Chop oysters fine.
Saute onion in 2 tablespoons butter.
Add flour; stir well.
Add 1 cup milk; bring to boiling and cook stir until smooth.
Add remaining milk, oysters, salt and pepper to... - 44.1405
Oyster Or Clam Chowder
Strain the oysters or clams and reserve the juice.
Rinse oysters to remove any bits of shell and sand.
Saute onion in bacon dripping and add water and soup.
Simmer 2 minutes.
Add oysters and juice and cover.
Simmer just until oyster edges curl.
Stir in milk... - 44.0338
Jerusalem Artichoke And Smoked Oyster Soup
1) In a saucepan, put the chopped jerusalem artichokes and add water just enough to cover them.
2) Now add the lemon juice, the oil from the tin of oysters, the butter and the garlic cloves.
3) Reduce to a simmer gradually until the artichoke pieces... - 43.9856
Heat 3 tablespoons olive oil in large saucepan over medium heat.
Add bread and brown on both sides.
Remove and set aside.
Add remaining oil and garlic and cook 2 to 3 minutes to season oil and pan.
Remove and discard garlic.
Add all remaining ingredients... - 43.8778
Oyster And Artichoke Soup
Have this warm bowl of sour for a wintery day or when the winter blues hit! Make yourself a nice cuppa of soup! Watch this video to make this lovely soup! - 43.7281
Skewered Steak Strips With Oyster/garlic Brushing Sauce
To prepare sauce, heat all sauce ingredients, except cornstarch mixture, in a saucepan.
Heat sauce to a boil over medium heat, stirring often.
Reduce heat and allow mixture to simmer.
Continue cooking until ingredients are well-blended for about 3... - 43.6842
Mushroom And Oyster Pie
1) Preheat the oven to 450°F.
2) Remove the mushroom caps, keep aside and finely chop the stems.
3) In a small skillet, melt 4 tablespoons butter and saute the mushroom stems.
4) Stir in the onion and cook until almost dry, then blend... - 43.6689
Oyster Cheese Soup
1) Place the oysters into a colander to drain, reserving 1/2 cup liquid
2) Using a sharp knife, chop the oysters coarsely
3) Into a saucepan, mix together the broth, oyster liquid, carrots and celery and simmer gently for 5 minutes
4) Into a... - 43.6083
Oyster Fritters With Tarragon Mustard Sauce
1) Preheat the oven to 375°F.
2) In a small bowl, combine the water and bulgur.
3) Cover tightly with plastic wrap or foil and let it stand for 1 hour.
4) Drain any excess water.
5) Coat a baking sheet lightly with 1 teaspoon of oil.
6)... - 43.5653
Chicken And Oyster Dip
Boil hen in large kettle with water to cover, and onions, celery and garlic.
When tender and cooled, debone chicken and cut into small chunks.
Boil remaining liquid down to 1-quart.
Add 2 jiggers of sauterne.
Make thick white sauce.
Melt butter in small... - 43.3623
Oyster And Corn Chowder
Drain oysters, reserving juice, and set oysters aside.
Place flour in a small bowl.
Gradually add oyster juice, stirring with a wire whisk until blended; set aside.
Melt margarine in a Dutch oven over medium heat.
Add 1/2 cup onion, celery, and carrot; saute... - 43.0177
1. Grease a 150 ml bowl, pan or mould with margarine, oil or butter.
2. In a small saucepan combine oysters, 25g or butter, breadcrumbs, cream, egg and seasonings.
3. Place the saucepan on a medium low flame and bring the mixture to a... - 42.8845
Hot Oyster Dip
Simmer onions, shallots, bell pepper and celery in melted butter until soft.
Cut oysters with scissors into small pieces.
Heat in separate saucepan with oyster juice until they begin to curl.
Drain oysters and reserve juice.
Add oysters to onion mixture.
Add... - 42.8672
Pacific Oyster Bisque
Pacific Oyster Bisque has a delicious taste. Pacific Oyster Bisque gets its taste from oyster mixed with eggs and milk, flavored with parsley. Pacific Oyster Bisque is inspired by many food joints worldwide. - 42.692
Oyster Soup With Herbs
Scald the milk over low heat.
The milk is ready when it forms bubbles all around the side of the pot.
Add the cracker crumbs, salt, pepper, nutmeg, butter.
Drain the oysters.
Add the juice to the milk.
When the butter has melted, add the oysters to the... - 42.6631
Drain oysters, and reserve the juice.
Examine oysters, and discard any bits of shell.
Return oysters to the juice, and heat until the edges curl.
Drain the juice into a saucepan.
Chop oysters coarsely, and set aside.
Add the next 5 ingredients to the oyster... - 42.1248
Baked Oyster Soup
Preheat oven to 350°.
Put half and half in a large saucepan and heat to just under boiling point.
Reduce heat to a simmer and add the butter, celery, crushed crackers and seasonings.
Drop in the oysters and add their liquor, strained through a triple fold of... - 41.9675
Sift 1/2 cup flour and salt into mixing bowl; stir in butter and egg, using wooden spoon.
Add beer gradually; mix until batter is almost smooth.
Do not overmix.
Let batter rest at room temperature for about 1 hour.
Beat egg white until stiff; fold into batter... - 41.6903
Spinach And Oyster Soup
1) Wash the fresh spinach leaves and remove the stems.
2) Cook the spinach, covered, in some salted boiling water for about 3 to 5 minutes. Drain the leaves and set them aside.
3) Melt margarine or butter in a 4-quart Dutch oven and add... - 41.0054
Oyster Bisque is an amazingly delicious version. An easy to make bisque recipe, you will simply find this Oyster Bisque both mouth-watering and amazingly tempting. - 40.8607
Spicy Oyster Bisque
Put celery, onion and green pepper into a blender and puree.
Saute in butter for 4 or 5 minutes.
Add the strained oyster liquor and the milkor fish stock to the vegetables and cook for a further 10 minutes.
Blend in the blender again.
Season to taste, heat up... - 40.8218
Oyster Soup Deluxe
Oyster Soup Deluxe has a different taste. Oyster Soup Deluxe gets its taste from oyster mixed with spinach thawed and heavy cream, flavored with lemon juice. Oyster Soup Deluxe is inspired by many food chains worldwide. - 40.3002
Hot Oyster Balls
I tried the Hot Oyster Balls for a beach-side party at our vacation home and belive me it was a blockbuster hit! These Hot Oyster Balls wont take much of your time too. Just check out the recipe of this lip smacking Hot Oyster Balls. - 40.2252
Oyster Chowder With Turnips
Cook turnips in water until tender.
Saute celery, onions, and parsley in olive oil until clear or nearly done, then add garlic.
Add the oyster juice and wine to the sauteed vegetables.
Add the turnips with the water they are in.
Bring to a boil, then cut down... - 39.7363
Avocado And Oyster Supreme
1) Halve each avocado lengthwise and discard the seeds.
2) Gently open the oyster shells and retain the juice.
3) In a bowl, mash the egg yolk with the back of a wooden spoon.
4) Gradually blend in the oyster liquid, lemon juice, oil,... - 39.5633
Oyster Mushroom Omelette
1. Use a non-stick skillet.
2. Heat the skillet over medium heat.
3. Melt butter in heated skillet.
4. Add oysters to butter and sauté till the edges curl.
5. Transfer to a bowl. Trim the beards of the oysters. Set aside.
6. To the same skillet,... - 39.4912
Pour the fish stock into a stockpot, add all the ingredients except the oysters, the cream and the dill.
Boil for 15 minutes.
Add 3 dozen oysters and simmer for 5 minutes.
Place in the work bowl, two cups at a time and process until fine in texture.
Strain... - 39.0049
New Orleans Fish And Oyster Stew
1. In a large skillet, warm the butter over medium heat until melted. Add the bell peppers, shallots, and celery, and saute, stirring frequently, until tender, 8 to 10 minutes.
2. Add the garlic and oregano, and cook for 30 seconds. Add the half-and-half and... - 38.5162
Elegant Oyster Soup
Remove all shell pieces from oysters.
Chop oysters, reserving liquor.
Melt butter in skillet; gradually add flour and seasonings, stirring constantly until smooth.
Alternately add milk and oyster liquor stirring constantly until mixture boils.
Add oysters and... - 38.2492
Oyster Bisque Antoines
In a heavy saucepan, cook the celery in butter until yellow in color.
Stir in the flour, salt, and pepper; cook until bubbly.
Blend in the scalded milk, cooking and stirring until thickened and smooth.
Heat the oysters in their liquor until the edges... - 38.1917
In a large saucepan, saute onions and leeks in butter over medium heat until very soft, stirring frequently, about 10 minutes.
Add potatoes and saute another 5 minutes.
Add chicken stock and wine and simmer until the potatoes begin to soften, about 15 to 20... - 37.8095
Visko's Oyster Soup
1.In the liquid of oysters, wash them well and keep the liquid aside.
2.In a saucepan, heat butter and saute green onions bottoms in it.
3.Once the onions are see through, put the onion tops and stir until soft.
4.Put the oyster liquid... - 37.792
Oyster And Noodle Soup
Saute onions and celery in margarine and oil.
Add water, parsley, lemon, garlic powder, wine, soy sauce, Louisiana hot sauce, and salt.
Bring to a boil, put on noodles, and let cook until tender.
Add oysters and juice and cook for about thirty minutes.
Be... - 37.6189
Fried Oyster Sandwiches
1. Dredge the oysters in the flour. Shake off the excess. Dip them in the egg, then in the cornmeal.
2. In a saucepan heat the oil until very hot but not smoking. Fry the oysters until golden brown, 3 to 4 minutes. Drain on paper towels.
3. In a mixing bowl... - 37.5581
Oyster Spinach Soup
1. In a saucepan combine milk into the condensed soup.
2. Remove spinach from pouches and add to the soup.
3. Cook over medium heat, breaking the spinach with a fork till thawed; simmer, uncovered for about 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
4. Mix the... - 37.5541
1)Keep liquid from oysters.
2)Make a batter of eggs,flour,oysters,salt,pepper and the liquid.
3)Take a pan,heat 3/4 inch of the oil and drop the batter using a ladle or large spoon.
4)Now cook till brown on one side,turn and cook on the other... - 37.5061
1) Preheat the oven to 425°F.
2) In a blender, place the toast and process until crumbs are formed.
3) Spread half of the crumbs into a baking dish.
4) Drain the oyster, and reserve 1/3 cup of its liquid.
5) Place the oysters over the... - 37.3914
Sunday's Oyster Soup
This Sunday's Oyster Soup is one of the tastiest seafood soups that I've known. Try this seafood seasoned with peppers, zucchini , salt and pepper with chives seasonings for your next meals. Your suggestions for this Sunday's Oyster Soup are welcome. - 37.2611
Vegetable Oyster Stew
1) Take a saucepan and melt butter in it. Add carrots and celery. SautÃ© until the vegetables turn tender and soft but not brown.
2) Stir in milk and bring the mixture to a boil.
3) Cook the oysters in their own liquor for about 5 minutes or until... - 36.8582
Easy Oyster Bisque
1) In a pan with boiling salted water, cook the rice until very soft.
2) In a skillet, combine the chopped oysters, onion, the oyster liquor, and about 3 tablespoons of brandy, then bring to a boil and gently simmer for about 10 minutes.
3) Discard the... - 36.3813
Oyster And Spinach Chowder
Spray a large saucepan with nonstick spray coating.
Cook onion and carrot in the saucepan over medium high heat till onion is tender but not brown.
In a small bowl stir together 1 cup of the skim milk, the flour, nonfat dry milk powder, and salt; stir into... - 36.2703
Oyster Vegetable Chowder
In 2-quart casserole, combine butter, onion, carrot, celery, salt and pepper.
Cook covered, 5 minutes or until carrots are tender.
Add water, liquid from oysters and macaroni.
Cook covered, 8 minutes or until macaroni is tender, stirring once.
Stir in milk... - 35.6119
Special Oyster Stew
1) Take a 2-quart casserole and heat butter in it for 45 seconds on High until it melts.
2) Stir in drained oysters and then cook them for about 4 to 5 minutes on High until edges curl.
3) Pour in milk, water, oyster liquor and seasonings.
4) Again... - 35.5481
The Oyster Bar's Manhattan Clam Chowder
1. Shuck all of the chowder clams , reserving the liquor, and coarsely chop them (you should have about 2 cups). Strain the clam liquor, adding enough bottled clam juice, if necessary, to make 1/2 cups. Scrub the unshucked cherrystone clams if using. Cover... - 35.4818
1) In a skillet, add the chicken bouillon, seasonings, tarragon and chopped parsley.
2) Then poach the oysters in the mixture for about 3 minutes, drain well and allow to cool.
3) Garnish with the olives, tomatoes and chives, then serve... - 35.2164
1. In a large saucepan, boil the potatoes, carrot and celery in a small amount of boiling salted water until tender. Drain. Add the milk, onion, salt and pepper and bring to a boil.
2. Cream the flour with two tablespoons of the butter and gradually add to... - 35.0935
1) Rinse and drain the oysters in cold water.
2) In a saucepan, melt butter.
3) Add in the oysters. Bring the mixture to the boiling point.
4) Then, add in the bread crumbs along seasoning and parsley.
5) Stir carefully. Make sure that... - 34.6106
1. In a medium saucepan mix together un-drained oysters and salt; cook over medium heat for about 5 minutes or till edges of oysters curl up.
2. Blend in milk, cream, and hot pepper sauce; heat through but do not boil.
3. Season to taste with salt and... - 34.5281
Smoked Oyster Soup
Finely chop the oysters and put them in a saucepan.
Add the oyster soup, place over heat until the mixture is smooth.
Add 1 can of milk using the empty soup can as a measure.
Season to taste'and heat again slowly.
Do not boil.
Remove from the heat and stir in... - 34.5158
1. Thaw and bake the vol-au-vent, if frozen. Open the oysters, pour their juices into a saucepan, and bring to the boil. Blanch the oysters for 1 minute. Strain the cooking juices through a fine sieve. Put the oysters aside.
2. Preheat the oven to 230°C... - 34.4452
Oyster Spinach Soup
Heat milk and half-and-half in a medium saucepan over low heat.
Stir in remaining ingredients except cornstarch and croutons.
Simmer for 10 minutes.
Whisk together 1/2 cup hot soup and cornstarch; return to soup.
Simmer until soup thickens slightly. - 34.3502
Oyster Stuffed Mushrooms
Turn oysters into a strainer; set aside to drain.
Wipe mushrooms with a damp cloth; remove stems.
Chop mushroom stems very fine.
In a medium bowl, combine chopped mushroom stems, onions, sour cream and breadcrumbs.
Chop drained oysters very fine.
Add to... - 34.3219
Oyster & Nut Fritters
Mix all ingredients together, except oil, and blend well.
Heat oil in skillet for deep frying, about 370°F.
Drop oyster mixture in by tablespoonful, carefully so as not to splatter.
Fry until golden brown on all sides.
Drain on absorbent paper and serve... - 34.2085
1. Mix crumbs, celery, salt and pepper.
2. Drain oysters, dip into egg and roll in crumb mixture until well coated.
3. Place on skewers, allowing 5 oysters to each.
4. Arrange skewers across top of a pan.
5. Pour a drop of butter on each oyster, place in hot... - 33.7094
Trim leek, cut in halves lengthwise, wash thoroughly, slice finely.
Melt butter in saucepan, add leek, cook few minutes, stirring constantly, add crumbled stock cube and water, cover, simmer 10 minutes.
Place well-drained potatoes and leek mixture in blender... - 33.3889
Virginia Oyster Soup
Drain liquor from oysters.
Heat the liquor and milk in a saucepan.
Blend thoroughly the butter and flour.
Mix the butter and flour mixture in 1 cup cold milk and gradually pour hot milk on the flour-butter-milk.
Return to fire in a double boiler and cook 15... - 33.198
Oyster Appetizer Recipes By Category